PDA

View Full Version : 'Stuntman' who taped himself to playground roundabout and tied rope from ride to BMW dies after being catapulted through the air

Teh One Who Knocks
09-06-2012, 10:56 AM
By Graham Smith - The Daily Mail

http://i.imgur.com/QGEpV.jpg

An amateur stuntman has been killed after being flung from a playground roundabout he had tied to a car that was then driven away at speed.

The 20-year-old, known only as Tobias, died instantly from head injuries after Sunday's daredevil stunt went terribly wrong.

With the help of three friends, he had tied himself with duct tape to the children's ride in the south German town of Oberviehbach.

His friends had then wrapped rope around the carousel and tied it to a BMW.

With the stunt being filmed, the car, being driven by his best friend, then accelerated away.

But the roundabout was spun with such force that the duct tape failed to hold and Tobias was thrown off.

Nearby residents described hearing a man scream before several people shouted for help.

One woman who lives near the playground told the Munchner Merkur newspaper: 'I heard this terrible scream and shouts for help.

'When I arrived my husband was already there and he was trying to revive the victim but it was useless. He was covered in blood and I think his neck was broken.'

Doctors were unable to save Tobias and he died at the scene.

He was a member of a group named the 'Bavarian Dumbasses' that posted video footage of dangerous stunts on YouTube and Facebook. These videos have now been removed.

His father today called for the posting of such footage to be outlawed.

He told the Bild newspaper: 'Such films should be banned from the Internet. This type of thing cannot happen again.'

Police have removed the roundabout from the playground.

The German media has claimed that the young men were influenced by the U.S. TV show Jackass which features a group of friends performing unusual and dangerous stunts.

The Bavarian group's carousel stunt was to have been their latest filmed escapade for their online fans.

They have previously posted footage online of themselves jumping off a bridge into a lake, dripping candlewax into their mouths and sticking drawing pins into their back.

redred
09-06-2012, 10:59 AM
:lol:

i liked this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WJJGnv5ZpI&feature=related

PorkChopSandwiches
09-06-2012, 03:52 PM
He told the Bild newspaper: 'Such films should be banned from the Internet. This type of thing cannot happen again.'

I love this mentality, nothing about what a fucking idiot your son is. Its all the internets fault.

Hal-9000
09-06-2012, 05:15 PM
and they never consider what kind of trauma they induce to the kids that may be watching....bloody, broken neck......we think it's funny because the guy is a tool but to a child of 6 that shit sticks with them for a long time

PorkChopSandwiches
09-06-2012, 05:22 PM
If a 6 year old is watching this kind of shit, they will grow up with more problems then this.

Hal-9000
09-06-2012, 05:23 PM
that's it...when these 'daredevils' decide to pull shit we can't control who watches it live...especially at a playground

PorkChopSandwiches
09-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Oh, I thought you meant on the internet :lol:

Totally forgot they were in a park

Hal-9000
09-06-2012, 05:24 PM
either way :lol: