PDA

View Full Version : 'Jersey Shore' cast gets six-figure raise

Teh One Who Knocks
04-09-2011, 10:36 AM
by James Hibberd - Entertainment Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/StElP.jpg

The good news for the Jersey Shore cast: They’re getting a huge raise.

The other piece of good news: They get to spend it shooting next season in Italy.

And the bad news is… actually, for the Shore cast, there is no bad news. Didn’t you read above? The cast is being paid a huge amount of money to participate in drunken shenanigans in Italy. What’s the downside?

As has been reported, the eight-member cast has just finished their salary negotiations. Multiple sources close to the matter tell EW the deal has members of the “core group” now pulling down at least $100,000 per episode, especially once you factor in their bonus structure. (MTV had no comment.)

That’s a quantum leap for a group that once made headlines by haggling a raise to $10k per episode for season 2. And, of course, the per-episode salary from MTV is only part of the group’s income, with appearances and product endorsements tacking on additional large sums. (One tally puts The Situation’s annual income at $5 million.)

Regardless of what you might think of Snooki, Sitch and Co., they ain’t pulling a robbery — on the balance sheet, they’re worth the money. Jersey Shore is like the American Idol of basic cable, bringing in higher ratings than many broadcast shows. The season in Italy, which starts shooting in May and already has the locals lining up to criticize the show, could bring the series to a whole new level.

Muddy
04-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Wow.

DemonGeminiX
04-09-2011, 12:25 PM
The laws are different in Italy. They may not get away with some of their hijinx over there.

Muddy
04-09-2011, 12:28 PM
I saw some clip on tmz the other day where Snooki made a guest appearance on WWE and did a few flips and knocked some faux wrestler chick out..

RBP
04-09-2011, 01:25 PM
We're doomed.

Foxdana
04-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Is this show worth watching? I haven't heard much about it except from you guys here!

Teh One Who Knocks
04-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Is this show worth watching? I haven't heard much about it except from you guys here!

:facepalm:

Foxdana
04-09-2011, 01:47 PM

I'll take that as a no! :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-09-2011, 02:08 PM
the younger generation is fucked, were all doomed

Godfather
04-09-2011, 04:02 PM

It sure is :thumbsup:

It's hilarious... people who haven't actually watched it aren't a good gauge of its enjoyability. I heard a poll the other day that people who have watched it are something like 70% more likely to recommend it :lol: Thing is... the cast are all morons. They're self-centered, fake-tanned drama queens. Everyone knows that. They're all just a bunch of jokes. Nobody idolizes them... you watch it to laugh at them. Not with them. And in that respect, it's like watching a train-wreck. You can't turn away.

So as long as you try and have an open mind for a few minutes and turn off that overly critical side like everyone does for the occasional bad movie, you'll fall in love with it. It's a great guilty pleasure.

Six figure raise though... wow. Being highly watched and being talented really have no connection to one-another.

DemonGeminiX
04-09-2011, 11:22 PM

You won't be missing anything if you skip it. In fact, most of us will hold you in high esteem if you avoid it like the plague.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-10-2011, 01:59 AM

It's hilarious... people who haven't actually watched it aren't a good gauge of its enjoyability. I heard a poll the other day that people who have watched it are something like 70% more likely to recommend it :lol: Thing is... the cast are all morons. They're self-centered, fake-tanned drama queens. Everyone knows that. They're all just a bunch of jokes. Nobody idolizes them... you watch it to laugh at them. Not with them. And in that respect, it's like watching a train-wreck. You can't turn away.

So as long as you try and have an open mind for a few minutes and turn off that overly critical side like everyone does for the occasional bad movie, you'll fall in love with it. It's a great guilty pleasure.

Six figure raise though... wow. Being highly watched and being talented really have no connection to one-another.

Pony
04-10-2011, 02:48 AM

You wouldn't think that if you saw all the douchebags showing up at the local clubs every weekend and the girls who fall for that crap.

the younger generation is fucked, were all doomed

That^

Yt Trash
04-10-2011, 02:00 PM

So as long as you try and have an open mind for a few minutes and turn off that overly critical side like everyone does for the occasional bad movie, you'll fall in love with it. It's a great guilty pleasure

:thumbsup: Wife and I both enjoy it!