View Full Version : Teens arrested over bizarre Facebook death plot

Teh One Who Knocks
02-05-2011, 12:19 PM
By Rosa Golijan - MSNBC

http://i.imgur.com/WYZb4.jpg
Mugshots courtesy The Smoking Gun

The arrested teenagers, clockwise from upper left: Cruz, Williams, Monroe,
and Fredrick.

We may sometimes whine about the weird stuff that happens because of Facebook, but — unlike one very unfortunate middle schooler — we have at least never found ourselves scared for our lives because of the social networking site. After all, a few pokes can't kill, right?

The Smoking Gun reports that four teenagers were recently arrested for posting a series of threatening Facebook messages after they suspected a young man of being the "snitch" who got their friend, 13-year-old Nicholas Gonzalez, caught in possession of a firearm at school. Yes, middle schools are getting to be a scary place these days.

The teenagers were arrested and charged with aggravated stalking after the threatened boy's mother shared concerns with authorities. Officers were quick to subpoena Facebook, which almost instantly provided them with the identities and locations of the individuals involved the bizarre and frightening exchange of Facebook messages that brought the whole mess to light.

It's difficult to imagine how Nicole Cruz, Amber Fredrick (listed as "Amber Love" in the police statement), Hope Williams, and Camren Monroe could possibly have thought that it'd be wise to post what equates to a death plot on such a semi-public medium, but here's what they wound up writing anyway:

Nicole Cruz: Feels like my life is falling apart...my best friend is in jail...and I feel as if I'm losing the love of my life. My life is going to hell so @!$%# it. Let me fall to pieces...i've lost the feeling to care anymore...i'm so numb.

Nicole Cruz: Found out who Nick's snitch is...[REDACTED]

Amber Love: Boo boo I need u to show me who that [REDACTED] kid is so I can kick he ass.

Nicole Cruz: Alrighty, will o. He @!$%#ing ruined my bestfriend's life! And ima end his!!

Amber Love: Oh that little bitch is dead. Just u have to show me who he is first then he is dead.

Hope WIlliams: IMA HELP KILL HIM!! THAT PUNK RUINED OUR LIVES!! HES SOO DEAD!!

Camren Monroe: Me and Hope can. Who the @!$%# is the prick?

Amber Love: idk who he is

Camren Monroe: Sounds like a [REDACTED] grader

Nicole Cruz: He's in [REDACTED] and I can put an end to that mother @!$%#ers life!

Camren Monroe: Ima kill his ass

If that's not already enough to make you scared of any nearby 13- and 14-year-old, then consider this: The boy they were threatening to kill was not involved at all in the investigation that led to the arrest of Nicholas Gonzalez. The lesson? Facebook might not kill you, but rumors posted there certainly might.

Yt Trash
02-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Shit when I was 13 I just worried that I didn't forget to zip up my pants after I took a piss.....

Southern Belle
02-05-2011, 03:09 PM
What the hell was a 13 year old doing with a gun? Where are their parents?

Major Tool
02-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Shit when I was 13 I just worried that I didn't forget to zip up my pants after I took a piss.....

I've learned that that's a problem that tends to revisit you later in life. :sad2:

Major Tool
02-05-2011, 03:52 PM
There is no more childhood. Kids aren't kids anymore. Too much exposure to adult life style at an early age has just ruined them. My grandkids are considered complete nerds by their classmates. We refuse to allow them to act like young adults when they're between the ages of 7 and 13. We talk to them like adults but we treat them age appropriately. I'm pretty sure my kids are proper parents to them because the grandkids are pretty well behaved when they visit us.

Hal-9000
02-05-2011, 05:27 PM
And along with all of the new technology, kids get flakier by the generation...

a 13 yr old commenting on a buddy that got caught with an illegal firearm...she can't see the larger crime her friend committed, just the so called ratting out and how it 'hurt her' ...FFS

"Feels like my life is falling apart...my best friend is in jail...and I feel as if I'm losing the love of my life. My life is going to hell so @!$%# it. Let me fall to pieces...i've lost the feeling to care anymore...i'm so numb."

Major Tool
02-05-2011, 08:16 PM
If you've met the love of your life at 13 then the rest of your life is pretty much all down hill.