PDA

View Full Version : Alleged Cock Ring Patrol Upsets Castro Nudists

Teh One Who Knocks
09-07-2012, 10:47 AM
By Erin Sherbert - SF Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/V0e85.jpg

Believe it or not, being a nudist doesn't always make for a liberating life.

Just ask the naked folks of the Castro, who claim San Francisco cops are on unofficial "Cock Ring Patrol" in the Castro, which is exactly what it sounds like: cops cracking down on nudists wearing cock rings.

Mitch Hightower, a local nudist, says in an e-mail to SF Weekly that cock-ring-wearing exhibitionists "frequenting the area report that either a duo or trio of cops approach selected male nudists and inform them that wearing cock rings draws undue attention to the genitals, and is therefore, under the law, considered to be lewd conduct." He went on to say that those nudists were told they would have to register as sex offenders if they are busted with the sex toy in public.

Obviously, we wanted to know more. So we contacted SFPD, which tried its best to explain the very fine line between laying around naked and wearing a cock ring in public, especially if it's used to arouse the penis.
First off, Officer Carlos Manfredi denied that cops are on penis patrol in the Castro. In fact, the only time on-duty cops are required to even approach a nudist is if someone has called to complain that they are aggravated by the flapping penises. Same goes for the cock ring, Manfredi tells us.

"If a person is offended by it or annoyed in any way, we can respond and cite the person, but we can't just [walk up] and say this is something we will cite you for," he says.

Read SFPD's Policy on Public Nudity here

But it's not that simple. If a cock ring is arousing the nudist -- which it's meant to do -- the that could create a really uncomfortable scene.

"I don't know if you have to be aroused for it to stay on -- I'm not sure -- but if the person is aroused and bringing undue attention, then they can be charged for lewd and lascivious," Manfredi told us.

Manfredi says he supposes that, like nudists, people would have to be offended enough my the endless erection before police would actually do something about it. Fortunately, in San Francisco, the cops don't get too many complaints. "Usually people are tolerant [of cock rings in public], but it will be a call that will spark out attention."

redred
09-07-2012, 10:53 AM
:shock:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-07-2012, 03:11 PM
I wonder if thats the kind of job these guys hoped to have when they were kids

Hal-9000
09-07-2012, 06:30 PM
so I guess parading around nude with my 15 inch buttplugs is wrong too??! :x

deebakes
09-08-2012, 02:20 AM
this makes me angry :x