PDA

View Full Version : Sheryl Crow: My Brain Tumor May Be Related to Cell Phone Use

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2012, 09:09 PM
By Charlotte Triggs and Marla Lehner - People Magazine

http://i.imgur.com/q0xt9.jpg

Sheryl Crow suspects that the benign brain tumor she has may have been caused by her cell phone.

"There are no doctors that will confirm that," Crow, 50, said Monday while appearing on the premiere of Katie, the new syndicated talk show hosted by Katie Couric. "[But] I do have the theory that it's possible that it's related to that. I [used to spend] hours on the old archaic cell phones."

Crow, who says the tumor is in a part of her brain near where she often held her phone, says she started to suspect something was wrong when she began spacing out on stage, forgetting lyrics and generally feeling "mushy."

"I [was] worried I had an early [onset] Alzheimer's," she confesses.

Many around her downplayed the symptoms, saying it was normal for a busy mom of two young sons to feel that way.

In the end, Crow says the non-cancerous tumor is "nothing I have to worry about," but, for the breast cancer survivor finding out she had a tumor was "definitely a sobering moment."

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2012, 09:10 PM
I didn't realize Sheryl Crow was a doctor :shock:

:rolleyes:

Hugh_Janus
09-10-2012, 09:13 PM
does this mean she was on the phone while giving lance armstrong a bj? :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2012, 09:14 PM
does this mean she was on the phone while giving lance armstrong a bj? :-k

:shock:

Muddy
09-10-2012, 10:41 PM
It could be... ? The safety of these things is in question..

PorkChopSandwiches
09-11-2012, 12:08 AM
She needs to shut the fuck up. I would like to review her research

Muddy
09-11-2012, 12:49 AM
She needs to shut the fuck up. I would like to review her research

Why, who the hell are you? An epidemiologist? :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Who the fuck is she ;)

Muddy
09-11-2012, 01:03 AM
A woman suffering from a brain cancer that used her high power cell phone too much that now has a tumor in the area of her brain where it was broadcasting?

PorkChopSandwiches
09-11-2012, 01:08 AM
One bitch. Millions of phone users without brain cancer

Muddy
09-11-2012, 01:12 AM
I once went against the county over a similar subject to this involving cell towers... I did a moderate amount of research on the subject.. End of the day, they can't confirm nor deny that these things are dangerous over extended periods of time.

RBP
09-11-2012, 01:28 AM
I once went against the county over a similar subject to this involving cell towers... I did a moderate amount of research on the subject.. End of the day, they can't confirm nor deny that these things are dangerous over extended periods of time.

:tinfoil:

deebakes
09-11-2012, 01:30 AM
my non-brain tumor may be related to cell phone use too :shrug:

Arkady Renko
09-20-2012, 10:24 PM
maybe she nicked some of Lance Armstrong's funny pills and tablets back in the day..

Goofy
09-20-2012, 10:55 PM
One bitch. Millions of phone users without brain cancer

Post of the day :lmao:

KevinD
09-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Her brain tumor is more likely the result of her poor genes, due to cancer being hereditary.

Stupid bitch...

Tits or GTFO.

Oh wait, you gots no tits anymore, lol GTFO

Arkady Renko
09-21-2012, 02:13 PM
maybe she listened to her own music too often, the last few albums after the Globe Sessions were damn lame

Muddy
09-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Her brain tumor is more likely the result of her poor genes, due to cancer being hereditary.

Stupid bitch...

Tits or GTFO.

Kev? Is that you? :-s

KevinD
09-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Kev? Is that you? :-s

Um yeah, Why?

Muddy
09-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Pretty harsh stuff coming from you..

KevinD
09-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Ah, I see.. I did miss a smiley, but there was a lol.

Guess part of my extreme disgust with asinine people like this spouting off all over the place is starting to show. Ooops, :oops::mrgreen::dance:

Muddy
09-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Ah, I see.. I did miss a smiley, but there was a lol.

Guess part of my extreme disgust with asinine people like this spouting off all over the place is starting to show. Ooops, :oops::mrgreen::dance:

I just wasnt used to seeing you make fun of cancer victims.. :)

Richard Cranium
09-21-2012, 03:10 PM
She had fully developed brain cancer since at least 2007

Apparently, Crow wants to save the Earth one toilet paper square at a time. She proposed “a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting” and perhaps “just washing that one square out.” She doesn’t seem to want to pass a law, just culturally berate us into obedience. Here is Crow’s “easy way” to be part of the solution to anthropogenic global warming:

Although my ideas are in the earliest stages of development, they are, in my mind, worth investigating. One of my favorites is in the area of forest conservation which we heavily rely on for oxygen. I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don't want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required. When presenting this idea to my younger brother, who's judgment I trust implicitly, he proposed taking it one step further. I believe his quote was, "how bout just washing the one square out."

KevinD
09-21-2012, 03:35 PM
I just wasnt used to seeing you make fun of cancer victims.. :)

I'm not used to cancer victims spouting absolute BS for their personal agenda either, lol

Acid Trip
09-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Although my ideas are in the earliest stages of development, they are, in my mind, worth investigating. One of my favorites is in the area of forest conservation which we heavily rely on for oxygen. I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don't want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required. When presenting this idea to my younger brother, who's judgment I trust implicitly, he proposed taking it one step further. I believe his quote was, "how bout just washing the one square out."

Her brother was making fun of her and she didn't even know it.

Hal-9000
09-21-2012, 06:15 PM

Stupid bitch...

Tits or GTFO.

You don't believe environmental influences give people cancer?

Erin Brockovich-9000

KevinD
09-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Didn't say that. I said she's spouting off without knowing what she's talking about. I suppose, if you were to literally glue a cell phone to your head, keep it on 24hrs/day it would cause cancer, but then again so would just about anything.
Her types of cancer are in fact hereditary. Not the only cause, but a major factor.

Hal-9000
09-21-2012, 06:55 PM
I must have misread the bit about ...."due to cancer being hereditary." part

:lol: