PDA

View Full Version : Two policewomen killed in Manchester

minz
09-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Two unarmed female police officers have been killed in a gun and grenade attack in Greater Manchester, which led to the arrest of a wanted man.

PC Nicola Hughes, 23, and PC Fiona Bone, 32, were called to Abbey Gardens in Mottram to investigate what turned out to be a false report of a burglary.

How sad just doing their jobs, I hope he never walks the streets again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19635239

Lambchop
09-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Did you see the video on the news of someone (was it him?) hurling a live grenade at a house in a populated residential area? Jheeezus! These guys are dangerous.

minz
09-18-2012, 07:25 PM
To be honest lambchop it's a shitty area at the best of times, it's the same estate that housed the moors murderers, they have demolished half of it in an attempt to rid it of its reputation but personally I think they are wasting their time, I grew up about 6 miles away in Glossop and we were never allowed anywhere near that place.

Acid Trip
09-18-2012, 07:32 PM
A grenade?!?

:wtf:

Hal-9000
09-18-2012, 08:24 PM
they caught the guy?

if the other cops do catch up to him...he's done

sad day for the police :(

minz
09-18-2012, 09:45 PM
they caught the guy?

if the other cops do catch up to him...he's done

sad day for the police :(

Yeah he's in custody, there were lured to the the house on purpose and attacked with guns and a grenade, poor women didnt stand a chance. :(

Teh One Who Knocks
09-18-2012, 09:47 PM
To be honest lambchop it's a shitty area at the best of times, it's the same estate that housed the moors murderers, they have demolished half of it in an attempt to rid it of its reputation but personally I think they are wasting their time, I grew up about 6 miles away in Glossop and we were never allowed anywhere near that place.

If it's such a bad area, why on earth would the cops be unarmed? :confused:

minz
09-18-2012, 09:49 PM

Thats a question being asked now, most police are not armed but they were aware that there was a chance this guy was being hidden in that area, he was wanted for two murders already.

Goofy
09-18-2012, 10:27 PM

All our cops are unarmed (well, no guns anyway - baton and cs spray's about it), they'd maybe have a shotgun in the boot of the squadcar but obviously no chance to go back and get it :(

deebakes
09-19-2012, 02:06 AM
wow :shock:

Southern Belle
09-19-2012, 02:19 AM
How do police keep things under control without guns?

Godfather
09-19-2012, 02:27 AM
Wow what a mess :wha: Where the hell did a grenade come from...

I always assumed the idea was that if police don't have guns, criminals wouldn't be as likely to start a firefight? I'm sure some Brits were feeling good about that sentiment after the Empire State Building shooting in August.

But is there a country with comparable firearms possession stats to Britain whose police are armed to see if that hold up at all?! I for one wouldn't be a cop if I couldn't carry a weapon for personal protection.

Leefro
09-19-2012, 03:12 AM
The day we arm our police for what seemed a regular police call is they day our country will be fucked

DemonGeminiX
09-19-2012, 07:25 AM
The day we arm our police for what seemed a regular police call is they day our country will be fucked

You should have the common sense to know that sometimes what seems to be a routine police call could conceivably turn into a clusterfuck of epic proportions through no fault of the police, and that police should cautiously walk into any and all situations at any given moment appropriately armed, trained, and mentally prepared to defend themselves and any and all innocent bystanders that may be present.

Acid Trip
09-19-2012, 01:03 PM

I would bother me too if cops could carry weapons and I couldn't. Thank God for the 2nd Amendment.

When the people in charge are the only ones with guns then who keeps them in line? Nobody.

Southern Belle
09-19-2012, 01:10 PM
I would bother me too if cops could carry weapons and I couldn't. Thank God for the 2nd Amendment.

When the people in charge are the only ones with guns then who keeps them in line? Nobody.

Exactly.

Arkady Renko
09-20-2012, 10:10 PM

it's worked fine the way it is for decades, two fatalities are awful and lamentable, but as long as this kind of thing remains an isolated incident I'm sure it's much better to leave things the way they are. Never touch a running system