PDA

View Full Version : What Computer/Console Game Are You Playing Now thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Hal-9000
11-16-2013, 06:17 PM
Call of Duty : Ghosts (the not optimized for PC version)

I love all of the CoD games....this one however was an impulse purchase without reading anything about if first.

Even with a top of the line rig, the graphics look cartoonish and it's a corridor shooter. You get pushed along through what looks like awesome environments, but can't really stray too far from the path ahead..

Some neat things tho, like remote snipers and drones...and you get to be Riley, the German Shepard as he attacks guards, etc :lol:

I've settled on some graphic settings that work for my rig...and it is CoD mayhem...so in the end, shooting hundreds of dudes with varied weapons wins the day! :dance:

Hal-9000
11-25-2013, 11:06 PM
Okay so CoD Ghosts redeems itself with a few cool levels in the last half of the single player campaign. I'm playing single player again, as it took only 5 or 6 hours.

Tried the online multiplayer and holy crap...the graphics get dumbed down and it's quite difficult to hit anyone. I suck, but still.....:lol:

waste of 65 dollars sorry to say

Godfather
12-17-2013, 04:16 AM
COD Ghosts is the first in the series I've told myself I won't buy. The last Black Ops I found to be a real let down, just too damn repetitive.

Hal-9000
12-17-2013, 03:51 PM
COD Ghosts is the first in the series I've told myself I won't buy. The last Black Ops I found to be a real let down, just too damn repetitive.

Hey GF....it's not a bad single player...multi player sucks tho

and hello

Acid Trip
12-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown for another few run throughs. Then I'll decide if I want to get the expansion pack.

Lambchop
12-19-2013, 06:08 AM
Counter-Strike Source

I should play BF4 at some point but I've not really had the urge.

Godfather
12-19-2013, 06:32 AM
Hey GF....it's not a bad single player...multi player sucks tho

and hello

Hello!

I've always enjoyed the single player... it's like a Michael Bay movie every time. Maybe I'll grab it used in 6 months!

Godfather
12-19-2013, 06:32 AM
By the way, has/will anyone here be buying an Xbox One or PS4?

redred
12-19-2013, 07:04 AM
No I think I'm getting to old to want the latest ones now :lol: shame I've done the ps 1, 2 & 3

Hal-9000
12-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Hello!

I've always enjoyed the single player... it's like a Michael Bay movie every time. Maybe I'll grab it used in 6 months!

I'll send it to you for 20 bucks...

seriously....the single player game files are 32 gigs and then multi adds more....maybe my PC wasn't beefy enough to run it, but for all that size, there was very little return :lol:

most CoD's ran well no matter what type of rig you have....this one demands much ...

Godfather
12-19-2013, 05:26 PM
That's a really nice offer. I'd be picking it up on Xbox though, my 'gaming laptop' has seen better days.

I picked up Company of Heroes 2 the other day and had to turn the settings waaaay down :lol: Good game though, not quite as good as the original CoH.

Hal-9000
12-19-2013, 07:34 PM
I must be getting old GF...just one or two games on the ol PC

(737 hours logged in Skyrim tho...:lol:)

I struggle with the decision for my next pc....just buy a pc with a large hard drive and no video trimmings and get a console for games...OR.....get a big kickass nasty pc that handles everything

Spyker
12-19-2013, 09:45 PM
On my new laptop

Metro last light
Diablo 3
Darksiders -just finished on apocolyptic
Darksiders2
Skyrim
DOTA2

Hal-9000
12-19-2013, 10:00 PM
On my new laptop

Metro last light
Diablo 3
Darksiders -just finished on apocolyptic
Darksiders2
Skyrim
DOTA2

:hand: junkie

Lambchop
12-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Just completed Broken Sword - the Serpent's Curse - Part 1. Not too impressed. Loved the first 2 games but the puzzles didn't seem too challenging in the latest installment. Hopefully part 2 will be better.

Godfather
12-21-2013, 06:33 PM
I must be getting old GF...just one or two games on the ol PC

(737 hours logged in Skyrim tho...:lol:)

I struggle with the decision for my next pc....just buy a pc with a large hard drive and no video trimmings and get a console for games...OR.....get a big kickass nasty pc that handles everything

Funny, I'm stuck on exactly the same inner conflict right now!!

Both my Xbox and computer need to be replaced soon here. It's not even so much about price... I just cannot decide which I would enjoy more. I've been on the console side for quite a few years now but PC gaming is just on another level in terms of graphics, realism, mods, etc, even against the new consoles. At the same time, I don't know if I have the time or patience to build and maintain a good gaming PC. Buying a console is just so easy, and my other buddies will do the same which is a blast (and I find for gaming with friends consoles still have the edge over steam).

Spyker
12-21-2013, 06:46 PM
:hand: junkie

maybe si, maybe no

Spyker
12-21-2013, 06:58 PM
I'm a PC man. always have been always will be.

Consoles are nice and all but a console has a very limited life. You'll be upgrading every time sony or microsoft decide it's time to make more cash. Pc does not have that issue.

You dont need the newest graphics card to play the latest game. Granted a newer/better card will give you better performance but it certainly isnt a dealbreaker.

a rig you built four years ago will still play games now.

And thats why PC gaming will end. Or at least that's what we are told. Things would ave been a lot worse if steam never made the rounds. Steam allowed developers to implement fair DRM practices without gamers shitting themselves. I didnt install a single game from a disk on this laptop. Steam and blizzard downloaded my games for me. I think people are not allowed to call themselves gamers unless they have a custom built PC. Researching the hardware, shopping for a good deal. Sticking everything in the tower and hoping it works. Console 'gamers' should rather refer to themselves as electronic game enthusiast

Godfather
12-21-2013, 07:16 PM

Consoles are nice and all but a console has a very limited life. You'll be upgrading every time sony or microsoft decide it's time to make more cash. Pc does not have that issue.

You dont need the newest graphics card to play the latest game. Granted a newer/better card will give you better performance but it certainly isnt a dealbreaker.

And thats why PC gaming will end. Or at least that's what we are told. Things would ave been a lot worse if steam never made the rounds. Steam allowed developers to implement fair DRM practices without gamers shitting themselves. I didnt install a single game from a disk on this laptop. Steam and blizzard downloaded my games for me. I think people are not allowed to call themselves gamers unless they have a custom built PC. Researching the hardware, shopping for a good deal. Sticking everything in the tower and hoping it works. Console 'gamers' should rather refer to themselves as electronic game enthusiast

:lol: Oh no... you're sounding like one of those elitist PC Master Race guys. I'm not going there.

That timeline hasn't worked for me though... my gaming pc is 3.5 years old and already badly aged. It's maxed out on RAM, needs a new harddrive and gaming card. My Xbox 360 played the newest games for 8 years, zero upgrades. It's lower maintenance and cost, and a longer lifetime. Sure the graphics suck but in 5 years I don't remember graphics, I just remember the experience of a good game.

If I went for PC gaming it would be for better graphics, mods, Steam sales, all that. But I wouldn't expect it to be less upgrading, longer lifespan and lower price.

Spyker
12-21-2013, 08:12 PM
i never said pc is cheaper and i'm no elitist. just a man of taste:lol:

i have two desktops at home. One my elite gaming machine and the other my 3 year old tower mostly used for media but it can still play any game i throw at it. i get low frames on matro last light but if i upgraded the old gt9800 to a 560ti(my current card in my other rig) i'll get great performance out of it.

The trick with building a new rig is timing. I ait for the newest gen cpu to be released and available for a month or two ad then i get a top of the range older gen cpu. dont bother getting an i7 for games, its a waste. I use the i52500k and if i had to upgrade id get the i54500k.

Yt Trash
12-21-2013, 08:51 PM
PS3 Dead Island

Websponge
12-21-2013, 08:57 PM

spyker still talking bollocks then lol

Spyker
12-22-2013, 05:22 AM
have we met?

Websponge
12-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Yes, in our dreams x

Spyker
12-22-2013, 07:35 PM
so, we meat at last

Vixen
12-23-2013, 05:53 PM
After weeks on AC4 enjoying the pirate life I am now being a big kid on Lego Marvel

Hugh_Janus
01-01-2014, 04:27 PM
GTA V and getting ruined by 10 year olds online

redred
01-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Xbox or psn ?

Hugh_Janus
01-01-2014, 05:21 PM
no gaystation for me, cochcoch

Vixen
01-03-2014, 07:43 PM
I think I've lost my copy of gtav in the pit aka eldest bedroom :roll: don't think I even ventured online with the great unwashed either :-k

Hal-9000
01-10-2014, 12:16 AM
reinstalled Windows and have only put Skyrim back in....

I NEED TO SHOOT PEOPLE! *scratches arm nervously*

8-[

Vixen
01-10-2014, 11:37 PM
I haven't played that in ages, I was lost for a rather long time on Skyrim, kept being told I smelt like a damp dog.... unless they'd had an arrow in the knee :lol:

Hal-9000
01-18-2014, 06:49 PM
you were a werewolf then :lol:

Is that...fur....coming out of your ears?

Hal-9000
01-18-2014, 06:50 PM
:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQVyHSsWlFA

Godfather
01-24-2014, 06:37 AM
4-5 of my buddies and I all downloaded CS: Global Offensive on Steam. We've just been going on Skype group calls and shooting the shit and playing CS one or two nights a week. Too much fun.

Vixen
01-25-2014, 04:23 PM
you were a werewolf then :lol:

Is that...fur....coming out of your ears?

:lol: Yeah I didn't fancy frying in the sun..... I did that thanks to the dragons sometimes anyway :lol: I am one benezia stobe short of completing the thieves quests and I'll be buggered if I know where it is! I've even followed a map of all locations, I think it is in an area known to glitch :-k

Goofy
01-26-2014, 06:53 PM
SCP Containment Breach (freeware horror FPS).......... fucking alien bastard keeps killing me............. and i keep shiting myself when he randomly appears :( Could be a cool game if only i could live more than ten minutes and not go round in circles in the dark :x I wonder if there's a flashlight somewhere :-k

redred
01-27-2014, 07:17 AM
Gta 5 online rank 106 now

Hugh_Janus
01-27-2014, 07:22 PM
I'm rank 30.... you play too much :hand: :lol:

Acid Trip
01-27-2014, 08:11 PM
Got the XCOM:Enemy Unknown expansion called XCOM: Enemy Within

They added cool new powers/weaponry but new bad guys as well. A couple of the new ones are giving me a hard time and it's real early :lol:

Hal-9000
01-30-2014, 11:19 PM
still playing Skyrim :sad2:

ON A NEW 27 INCH MONITOR THOUGH! :dance:

Hal-9000
01-30-2014, 11:21 PM
installed my old fave Battlefield Vietnam on Windows 7

had to do some magic to make it run and look proper, so no online play because of the hacks :(

still a lot of fun driving all of the vehicles and shooting the NK guys :thumbsup:

Godfather
02-02-2014, 07:43 PM
I really liked the trailers for Dead Island on xbox when it was coming out, but the reviews were meh so I passed.

It's free on Xbox Live right now though, so I downloaded it and played a couple hours. It's rough around the edges and there are a LOT of side-missions constantly distracting you - some of which are pointless and boring. Also, the fighting is a little frustrating as the zombies are almost all within 1 level of your character even as you level-up, so it never becomes a zombie-smash fest that I kind of enjoy. Even after ranking up 5-6 levels I still can only take on the same number of zombies which doesn't make much sense. But the weapons are good, the map seems expansive, and I'm intrigued by the plot so far.

Hal-9000
02-02-2014, 07:50 PM
I played some old school single player Battlefield Vietnam last night on the new 27 inch monitor..

set the enemy ratio and death tickets to hard and those damn NVA handed me my ass on every scenario :x

It was cool though flying the Apache really low down a road and seeing about 10 guys running beneath me....I mowed down at least 4 like bugs on the windshield :lol:

Godfather
02-02-2014, 07:54 PM
I played some old school single player Battlefield Vietnam last night on the new 27 inch monitor..

set the enemy ratio and death tickets to hard and those damn NVA handed me my ass on every scenario :x

It was cool though flying the Apache really low down a road and seeing about 10 guys running beneath me....I mowed down at least 4 like bugs on the windshield :lol:

:lol: Awesome. Battlefield Bad Company 2 had a decent Vietnam mod, did you ever check it out?

Hal-9000
02-02-2014, 07:56 PM
No I played the main game, not the mods...

I know it's old but playing BFV is like hearing an old song or smelling a scent that reminds you of a person from long ago...

seeing the 2004 graphics on a 27 inch screen is a gas too...there's no horizon off in the distance...just blank pixels :lol:

I forced the ini file to play at 1920 x 1080 so it does look surprising good tho near the ground

Hugh_Janus
02-02-2014, 07:56 PM
I really liked the trailers for Dead Island on xbox when it was coming out, but the reviews were meh so I passed.

It's free on Xbox Live right now though, so I downloaded it and played a couple hours. It's rough around the edges and there are a LOT of side-missions constantly distracting you - some of which are pointless and boring. Also, the fighting is a little frustrating as the zombies are almost all within 1 level of your character even as you level-up, so it never becomes a zombie-smash fest that I kind of enjoy. Even after ranking up 5-6 levels I still can only take on the same number of zombies which doesn't make much sense. But the weapons are good, the map seems expansive, and I'm intrigued by the plot so far.
did you say free? Guess who will bi firing up his xbox after the new top gear.... :dance:

Hal-9000
02-02-2014, 07:58 PM
BFV still gives me a feeling of flying/physics like no other helicopter sim....had some horrible full speed collisions with low hanging trees and bridges etc :lol:

Godfather
02-02-2014, 09:02 PM
did you say free? Guess who will bi firing up his xbox after the new top gear.... :dance:

You have to have a gold subscription to XBL but otherwise yup, totally free :mrgreen: About time we got some free shit...

Hugh_Janus
02-02-2014, 09:38 PM
just switched it on and guess who's gold subscription expired today.... FML

redred
02-02-2014, 09:46 PM
:haha:

Hugh_Janus
02-09-2014, 11:57 PM
just been playing a bit of gta online and everyone in the session got a text saying some guy wnts a specific car to be stolen, so one guy steals it, pays for it to be resprayed and while he's doing that, some fucker (me) was waiting at the delivery point for him to turn up and brrrrrrap.... he got a metric fuckton of assault rifle bullets to the face, I get in the car, wait for the police to fuck off and deliver it and collect the reward.... funny as fuck, but he was superr pissed though, he kept chasing after me and killing me. I wish my mic oworked, cos I'd be ripping the piss out of him :lmao:

redred
02-10-2014, 06:52 AM
I like to sticky bomb the drop off point and hide , as they think they're going to get the cash boom :lol:

Hal-9000
02-10-2014, 05:43 PM
wow...installed a user mod for Skyrim called Falskaar. The guy wants a job with Bethesda so he made a new lands mod that contains over 20 hours of new gameplay...even did the voices.

I'm impressed

Hugh_Janus
02-10-2014, 07:17 PM
I like to sticky bomb the drop off point and hide , as they think they're going to get the cash boom :lol:

haha! I'm going to copy you tonight :dance:

redred
02-10-2014, 07:32 PM
also try when doing a mission and your driving to it with a car full , stick to speed limits and stop at red lights :lol: or take someone for a drive to the top of the high mountain kick them from the car and drive off

Hugh_Janus
02-17-2014, 12:29 AM
gta v and I need to get $200k FAST because I want to buy a car.

Also, I think kev would like my garage.... its full of pickup trucks and muscle cars :lol:

redred
02-17-2014, 05:34 AM
What level are you ? Try and get rooftop rumble pays $18750 each time and only takes 4 minutes find it in pause-online-jobs-host-missions

redred
02-17-2014, 03:54 PM
are you saving for 1 of these :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/jKL2Ldt.jpg

the rest of my garage
http://i.imgur.com/NEIgxgU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YTXE4MH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/d9xFedJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uGBIaHc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ymh79Jx.jpg

steal yourself a sultan , tune it at LSC and it turns into the RS ,great car

http://i.imgur.com/X8xns2J.jpg

Hugh_Janus
02-17-2014, 10:01 PM
What level are you ? Try and get rooftop rumble pays $18750 each time and only takes 4 minutes find it in pause-online-jobs-host-missions
did it by doing coveted about eleventy billion times

are you saving for 1 of these :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/jKL2Ldt.jpg

the rest of my garage
http://i.imgur.com/NEIgxgU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YTXE4MH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/d9xFedJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uGBIaHc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ymh79Jx.jpg

steal yourself a sultan , tune it at LSC and it turns into the RS ,great car

http://i.imgur.com/X8xns2J.jpg
yes, I was saving for one of those :lol: I had to get rid of my 4x4 rebel though :sad2:

and chrome paint? You fuckin chav :lol:

redred
02-17-2014, 10:12 PM
I got given the chrome one :lol:

Hugh_Janus
02-17-2014, 10:14 PM
:yeahright:

I'll have to get some pics of my garage.... and my character that somehow ended up looking like hal.... ish :lol:

Lambchop
02-18-2014, 04:31 PM
There are quite a few new online survival games such as DayZ standalone and Rust that I'd like to try. Would be better if I knew others who play because we could go around taking other players hostage and stealing their loot. :bananadance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApvJ4Hsi8qM

Hal-9000
02-18-2014, 05:24 PM
between the user created mods Falskaar and Wyrmstooth, I just added about 50 new hours to Skyrim...

these guys must have spent months :thumbsup:

Acid Trip
02-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Which mods did you add?

Hugh_Janus
02-20-2014, 12:04 AM
gta 5.... every car I pinch ends up with me having a bounty on my head :wha:

Hal-9000
02-20-2014, 12:09 AM
Which mods did you add?

between the user created mods Falskaar and Wyrmstooth.......

:)

Hal-9000
02-22-2014, 04:34 AM
I was being a dick, apologies AT

The user created New Lands mods seem a little 'less than' at first...both of them really come together as you get deeper into the story. One creates immense rooms and has some pretty good ideas, voice acting...while the other makes regular NPC's like bandits and enemies quite tough in fights.

I'm a level 46 archer again with topped abilities and I got killed in group attacks a few times

Hal-9000
02-25-2014, 06:49 PM

In one of the mods (Wyrmstooth I believe) I walked into a random dungeon and picked up a severed leg as a weapon. It's +18 to hit and even has an attached hilt :lol:

and

I found a playable lute and drum :dance: No music comes out but your guy stands there doing what looks like proper chords and strumming

Hal-9000
02-26-2014, 01:17 AM
this is from one of the new lands mods....this guy seems to like creating multiple NPC fights....I got my ass handed to me fairly often and it happened early in the mod..

19 people including me in this screen and we all fought after a brief discussion

http://i.imgur.com/GLrGm35.jpg

Hal-9000
02-26-2014, 01:19 AM
the severed limb weapon I found :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/0avp4IH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/X5RL6f0.jpg

Hal-9000
02-26-2014, 01:21 AM
Notice the handy ornate hilt and handle?

+18 on the hit...still not sure if I can improve it at the blacksmith

http://i.imgur.com/bwT413A.jpg

Hal-9000
02-26-2014, 01:23 AM
also found a playable lute...he does 4 separate chords so far :-k

http://i.imgur.com/JY6esrc.jpg

Hal-9000
02-26-2014, 01:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8xK53gT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EAGO2Ry.jpg

deebakes
02-26-2014, 01:25 AM
this is from one of the new lands mods....this guy seems to like creating multiple NPC fights....I got my ass handed to me fairly often and it happened early in the mod..

19 people including me in this screen and we all fought after a brief discussion

why is jamie kennedy in the game? :-k

Hal-9000
02-26-2014, 01:30 AM
why is jamie kennedy in the game? :-k

The little knob on the extreme left?

I don't think that's him but he is annoying

a modder created a mod that allows you to kill the children in Skyrim :lol:

SmoothBob
03-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Assassins Creed Black Flag. Sheer brilliance :D

Hal-9000
03-03-2014, 11:06 PM
Assassins Creed Black Flag. Sheer brilliance :D

I tried one of the Ass-creed games and stopped playing because of some combo run/hit thingy I couldn't do :-k

I've only tried one, maybe it's time to look at another

SmoothBob
03-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Hal, yi get tae be a Pirate in this wan! Arrr! :D

Hal-9000
03-04-2014, 07:05 PM
:ahoy:

arrrrrrrr matey, well shiver me timbers and bugger me virgin ass, arrrrrrh!

Hugh_Janus
03-04-2014, 07:09 PM
I was playing forza 4, but got kicked out of the lobbyu for being a racing computer game god

Hal-9000
03-04-2014, 07:17 PM
I was playing forza 4, but got kicked out of the lobbyu for being a racing computer game god

jerking off on cam again?

shame Hugh, shame

Hugh_Janus
03-04-2014, 07:22 PM
if that did happen, I wouldn't have minded being booted out.... but I got kicked because I was better than them :lol:

Hal-9000
03-04-2014, 07:23 PM
if Skyrim was online I would be excellent at that too :sad2:

samarchepas
03-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Just finished pre-loading Titanfall...God I HATE Origin! The client wouldn't let me download the damn game unless in SAFE MODE! Something was blocking, couldn't figure out what,
turned off anti-virus/anti virus and firewall...NOPE! Hopefully that now it is done, the game will be worth the trouble and keep me busy till the 21st (Infamous second son on the PS4)

Hal-9000
03-08-2014, 06:50 PM
Just finished pre-loading Titanfall...God I HATE Origin! The client wouldn't let me download the damn game unless in SAFE MODE! Something was blocking, couldn't figure out what,
turned off anti-virus/anti virus and firewall...NOPE! Hopefully that now it is done, the game will be worth the trouble and keep me busy till the 21st (Infamous second son on the PS4)

Sam! :cheerlead:

still playing Skyrim with your 129 mods? :lol:

samarchepas
03-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Sam! :cheerlead:

still playing Skyrim with your 129 mods? :lol:

Hey Hal! :wave: Long time no see!
Honestly, I didn't play Skyrim much since the last time we talked :lol: (I'm pretty sure I didn't play yet this YEAR! :lol:)
Most of my gaming is on my PS4 for now. Titanfall should change that soon enough.

Lambchop
03-10-2014, 12:08 AM
South Park: The Stick of Truth (PC version)

I love it. It's an RPG quest based game set in the town of South Park full of the humour you would expect from watching the show. I chose the Jew class which gave me various themed spells and abilities. :lol:

I won't spoil too much but it's great fun.

Fodster
03-10-2014, 12:18 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/37/Championship_Manager_01_02_cover.jpg

Hal-9000
03-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Hey Hal! :wave: Long time no see!
Honestly, I didn't play Skyrim much since the last time we talked :lol: (I'm pretty sure I didn't play yet this YEAR! :lol:)
Most of my gaming is on my PS4 for now. Titanfall should change that soon enough.

CONSOLE PLAYER?

you're dead to me Sam [-(

(hello)

Hal-9000
03-10-2014, 05:40 PM
South Park: The Stick of Truth (PC version)

I love it. It's an RPG quest based game set in the town of South Park full of the humour you would expect from watching the show. I chose the Jew class which gave me various themed spells and abilities. :lol:

I won't spoil too much but it's great fun.

Hal-9000
03-10-2014, 05:41 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/37/Championship_Manager_01_02_cover.jpg

footie! :cheerlead:

samarchepas
03-10-2014, 10:46 PM
CONSOLE PLAYER?

you're dead to me Sam [-(

(hello)

Just so you know, if it wasn't for my PS4, I wouldn't have known about the forum here at all :lol: (redred sent me the new address on PSN)
So without my console I'd be even more dead to you because I wouldn't know about the place :razz:

Hal-9000
03-10-2014, 11:08 PM
:-k

okay...I guess..

I'm just shocked you used the C-word when I thought you were a fellow PC'er

Hugh_Janus
03-11-2014, 12:33 AM
console>pc

samarchepas
03-11-2014, 06:43 AM

okay...I guess..

I'm just shocked you used the C-word when I thought you were a fellow PC'er

I'm not a PC'er or a Console player (consoler doesn't make sense :lol: )
I'm a Gamer! :D

Hal-9000
03-11-2014, 03:48 PM
console>pc

:beatdown:

Hal-9000
03-11-2014, 03:48 PM
I'm not a PC'er or a Console player (consoler doesn't make sense :lol: )
I'm a Gamer! :D

gay-mer

samarchepas
03-11-2014, 06:20 PM
gay-mer

Says the guy with the topless cowboy in his signature :razz:

redred
03-11-2014, 06:25 PM

Hal-9000
03-11-2014, 06:29 PM
Says the guy with the topless cowboy in his signature :razz:

How dare you insult a movie icon :x

he does have a sweet tan though....

Hal-9000
04-06-2014, 08:08 PM
I've played Skyrim 4 different times and never got this creepy note before :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/iBWPekS.jpg

Hugh_Janus
04-07-2014, 08:05 PM
gta v.... I'm saving up for an tank

redred
04-07-2014, 08:11 PM
I wouldn't ,save for a new garage some you can store more and the 3 new cars they got coming out soon

Hugh_Janus
04-07-2014, 08:15 PM
already have a 10 car garage.... and what cars.... when's the dlc coming out?

Hal-9000
04-07-2014, 08:27 PM
I miss Gran Tourismo and my garage in that old PS 1 classic :sad2:

redred
04-08-2014, 10:56 AM
already have a 10 car garage.... and what cars.... when's the dlc coming out?

http://i.imgur.com/Ec0rzu7.jpg

Dewbauchee Massacro and Pegassi Zentorno

The High Life Update: The High Life Update will allow you to expand your foothold in Los Santos with new high-end apartment options, the powerful Bullpup Rifle, new wardrobe items, the Dinka Thrust motorcycle and three new lavish cars to choose from, including the Super class Pegassi Zentorno. The High Life Update will also feature the debut of multi-property ownership in GTA Online, which means you'll be able to own two distinct properties (with garages) simultaneously. All this plus the new Mental State player statistic, which is designed to let you see just how passive or psychotically unhinged fellow players in your session really are, and a slew of new Jobs.

Hugh_Janus
04-08-2014, 06:46 PM
sweet.... I don't have to get rid of my other cars :dance:

time to grind rooftop rumble I suppose

redred
04-08-2014, 07:30 PM
I have 1.2 million so far

Hugh_Janus
04-08-2014, 07:40 PM
1.3 :dance:

Hugh_Janus
04-08-2014, 07:41 PM
just turned the xbox on and it looks like the update is now live :tup:

Hugh_Janus
04-08-2014, 07:45 PM
maybe not.... there was an update though :shrug:

redred
04-08-2014, 08:13 PM
That update was taking out some of the hacks

Lambchop
04-16-2014, 06:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TWQFSzQyeM

:wank:

Hugh_Janus
04-16-2014, 06:53 PM
That update was taking out some of the hacks

its still got my naughty hiding spots for when I have a bounty on my head :dance:

redred
04-16-2014, 07:37 PM
Have you tried the sub :lol:

Hugh_Janus
04-16-2014, 10:25 PM
can't bump up my k:d in the sub :hand:

redred
04-21-2014, 01:48 AM
http://www.gta5stats.com/players/small/redredwankle.jpg (http://www.gta5stats.com/players/user/redredwankle)

http://www.gta5stats.com/players/user/redredwankle

redred
04-21-2014, 01:49 AM
my problem is i let people kill me before i kill them :lol:

Hugh_Janus
04-21-2014, 08:34 AM
ha! before I didcovered some wall breaches, my k/d ratio was like 0.6.... with 800 deaths, now its ~1.5 with 1500 kills and 960 deaths.... I purposely get bounties now to get people to try and kill me :lol: and after grinding thee shit out of rrooftop rumble, collecting bounties and selling cars I'm now level 92 with 2 mil in the bank

Acid Trip
04-21-2014, 02:40 PM
Back to being addicted to Sid Meier's Pirates for the 50th time.

Hal-9000
04-21-2014, 05:15 PM
thought I'd checkout Skyrim as I hadn't played it in a few hours

still good :thumbsup:

Hugh_Janus
04-29-2014, 08:05 PM
when's this fuckin DLC dropping? I want a fucking tank :lol:

redred
04-29-2014, 08:09 PM
Well buy a tank then :lol:

Lambchop
04-29-2014, 09:28 PM
I need a team for DayZ but doubt you guys play/??

Hal-9000
04-29-2014, 10:26 PM
I'm trying that new game Skyrim, looks cool

8-[

Lambchop
04-29-2014, 10:53 PM
What about Elder Scrolls: Online?

Hal-9000
04-29-2014, 11:18 PM
I haven't heard much about it up here...

if it costs, I won't play
if it's buggy, I won't play
if dudes are going around being character killers for fun, I won't play

the idea does intrigue me regarding the existing overall story for players, if they'll still have new areas a guy can explore and how that relates to other players

ie I happen upon Busted Hymen Cave....go in and start killing creatures and collecting treasure. If another online player walks in, are the items I've picked up gone for him??

I just see it devolving into a kill-fest where other guys take your cool armor and sword a la Diablo and Everquest..

Hugh_Janus
04-30-2014, 07:10 PM
Well buy a tank then :lol:

will 800k be enough for the dlc stuff though? I don't think it will :sad2:

and I hate rooftop rumble now :lol:

redred
04-30-2014, 07:32 PM
theres no rush for the new dlc it should be the same as the beach bum pack and not like the valentines pack

did you get the old limo thing in the end?

Hugh_Janus
04-30-2014, 10:01 PM
I didn'y get the first 2 dlcs when they came out... I hadn't played it much before the new year, so I don't know the differences between the different ones :lol: And yeah, I did get the hearse eventually.... they don't spawn unless you're in one :x piss taking twats :lol:

redred
05-02-2014, 01:42 PM
and I hate rooftop rumble now :lol:

even with double money today and tomorrow ? :lol:

Hugh_Janus
05-02-2014, 09:03 PM
even with double money today and tomorrow ? :lol:

oh... and I'm busy as fuck to morrow :facepalm::

redred
05-02-2014, 09:47 PM
i made 3/4 million today in 2 hours:woot:

Hugh_Janus
05-03-2014, 09:25 PM
ffs.... trying to get to 3.5 mil so I have 2 mil after buying the tank

Lambchop
05-09-2014, 01:38 AM
I've been breeding pigs in Minecraft but I think I have a bit of an overcrowding issue on my hands. I named my favourite one Pork-9000. He tried to escape last night so I had to discipline him with my diamond pickaxe.

http://i62.tinypic.com/13ydwdf.png

I'm also working on my home. Hoping to create a secret underground lair at some point with a torture chamber, but it's pretty basic at the moment.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2dki8p3.png

Hal-9000
05-13-2014, 10:17 PM
:lol: nice work LC

I just started Dishonored last night....first person sword-gun fighting/exploration/kinda RPG set in some Steampunked time...

Looks weird, not sure if I like it yet

Lambchop
05-14-2014, 12:17 PM
I would like to play Skyrim with you, as I often get lost and confused alone. I understand that the multiplayer mod doesn't allow interaction between players. Unless they updated it.

FBD
05-14-2014, 12:33 PM
:lol: My buddy bought an xbox at a tag sale for 20 bucks the other day, so we can get more of our friends playing nhl hitz. I need more competition, I have been thundering the shit out of everyone lately :evil:

Hal-9000
05-14-2014, 06:40 PM
I would like to play Skyrim with you, as I often get lost and confused alone. I understand that the multiplayer mod doesn't allow interaction between players. Unless they updated it.

:)

I do Skyrim parkour....you can run down and across mountains with liberal use of the jump button....I never get lost but do find when I fast travel somewhere, I always seem to be facing the opposite direction of where I want to go...

and cheers to Bethesda for making a multiplayer game where you can't interact with other players :lol: :lol:

Hal-9000
05-14-2014, 06:42 PM
:lol: My buddy bought an xbox at a tag sale for 20 bucks the other day, so we can get more of our friends playing nhl hitz. I need more competition, I have been thundering the shit out of everyone lately :evil:

*fondly recalls the days of playing NHL 95, 98 on Genesis*

you could make guys and play entire seasons....it was teh shizzle

Godfather
05-17-2014, 08:16 PM
I'm an idiot.

Went to EB Games (first mistake) to buy a used game for my Xbox One as I haven't played it since I got it :lol:

Anyways, CoD Ghosts was the cheapest so I grabbed that (second mistake). I knew I shouldn't have, it's a washed up shitty series and the universe punished me for buying it right away: The neckbeard at the counter spent 10 minutes trying to sell me scratch protection, membership cards, pre-sale pre-ordering garbage, his used game sale... I declined it all but it took forever. Walked out of there $30 poorer and a lot dumber. Got home (30 minute drive), open game, pop it in XB1 - doesn't work.

The fuck... so I open it, stare at the disk for a bit, wipe it off... put it back in... still no good. Flip it over and realize - that mother fucker put in the wrong version of the game. In fact, gave he me 2-disks of the Xbox 360 version, and Install & Play disk. That's a baffling mistake as it's his only job, and there were was only one clasp in the XB1 case so he literally had to shove the second disk in there. Guess that didn't ring any bells in his dense skull. I would have caught it if I didn't have flyers shoved in my face the entire time. So I phoned and drove back to crack some skulls but he'd left for the day (odd because they'd only been open 3-hours at that point). Got it swapped out (third mistake - should have taken refund), came home, finished game in 20-minutes or whatever.

I'm going back to playing Steam games...

Lambchop
05-17-2014, 09:19 PM
Discovered this free-to-play FPS called Heroes and Generals through YouTube -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9Q08VaPsSQ

I like the fact that you start off with just a bicycle and a rifle, hilarity ensues :lol:

It's great fun so far.

Hugh_Janus
05-18-2014, 12:08 AM
I'm an idiot.

Went to EB Games (first mistake) to buy a used game for my Xbox One as I haven't played it since I got it :lol:

Anyways, CoD Ghosts was the cheapest so I grabbed that (second mistake). I knew I shouldn't have, it's a washed up shitty series and the universe punished me for buying it right away: The neckbeard at the counter spent 10 minutes trying to sell me scratch protection, membership cards, pre-sale pre-ordering garbage, his used game sale... I declined it all but it took forever. Walked out of there $30 poorer and a lot dumber. Got home (30 minute drive), open game, pop it in XB1 - doesn't work.

The fuck... so I open it, stare at the disk for a bit, wipe it off... put it back in... still no good. Flip it over and realize - that mother fucker put in the wrong version of the game. In fact, gave he me 2-disks of the Xbox 360 version, and Install & Play disk. That's a baffling mistake as it's his only job, and there were was only one clasp in the XB1 case so he literally had to shove the second disk in there. Guess that didn't ring any bells in his dense skull. I would have caught it if I didn't have flyers shoved in my face the entire time. So I phoned and drove back to crack some skulls but he'd left for the day (odd because they'd only been open 3-hours at that point). Got it swapped out (third mistake - should have taken refund), came home, finished game in 20-minutes or whatever.

I thought playing a 360 disk in an xbone bricked it

Godfather
05-18-2014, 12:51 AM
Nope, it just gave me an error that it was unreadable and I ejected it.

Hal-9000
05-18-2014, 02:37 AM
I'm an idiot.

neckbeard :lol:

sorry to hear GF

Godfather
05-20-2014, 06:04 AM
Damn, Tom Clancy's The Division delayed until next year. I still have very high hopes. A Massively Multiplayer Third Person shooter in a post apocalyptic NYC, from one of my favourite game studios... Cannot wait.

Acid Trip
05-20-2014, 05:23 PM
Damn, Tom Clancy's The Division delayed until next year. I still have very high hopes. A Massively Multiplayer Third Person shooter in a post apocalyptic NYC, from one of my favourite game studios... Cannot wait.

Hummm...that does sound interesting. Not sure I how feel about the 3rd person aspect when shooting.

Hal-9000
05-20-2014, 07:35 PM
so Dishonored is a complete stealth game, mixed with pistols, crossbows, gadgets and magical abilities gained by collecting runes...

good atmosphere and graphics...yet it plays like Splinter Cell or Metal Gear Solid in terms of stealth and getting caught

I broke a display case to loot the goodies as ffs, I think 5 guys rushed me because of the noise :lol:

not completely sold on the game

Godfather
05-22-2014, 04:32 AM
Hummm...that does sound interesting. Not sure I how feel about the 3rd person aspect when shooting.

Yeah that's always been my one complaint about Tom Clancy games, they've generally been 3rd person. I'm not really sure why? It's not that popular for shooter games, but I guess this fits the crossover with a GTA type game.

Anyways, you should check out the gameplay trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFHwI-DvYrM

Hugh_Janus
05-22-2014, 08:49 PM
gtav.... the tanks are easy as fuck to blow up.... shit's gay

redred
05-22-2014, 08:55 PM
So did you get one ?

Hugh_Janus
05-22-2014, 09:18 PM
yes.... and some dude was killing everyone in his tank, so I got mine and blew his up.... I kept killing him cos he pussied out and went in passive mode and he jacked my tank.... I was fuming :lol:

Hal-9000
05-25-2014, 05:26 PM
I think I just finished the final mission in Dishonored...if so, that was a bit of a rip...

In the missions I got so tired of sneaking around and disabling guys (but not killing) by choking them out from behind, that I went into full on John Rambo mode and used my gun, my sword and my crossbow (with 3 types of bolts)

It made a big difference to gameplay....I finished the level about 2 hours faster :lol:

redred
06-19-2014, 04:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c-MsgO8fJ8

great fun with the new dlc pack :lol:

Hal-9000
06-19-2014, 06:41 PM
Finished Dishonored and the two DLC's...it was cool I guess.

Playing through the second time really paid off because I saw how you could pick a variety of ways to traverse the various levels....huge environments with literally a handful of different ways to get through them :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
06-23-2014, 03:48 PM
installed Shift 2 Unleashed again....it's an arcade sim, but I like it for the variety and the helmet cam view :thumbsup:

and the LOUD effects

Hugh_Janus
06-23-2014, 05:55 PM
some iteration of streetfire.... was playing online and the guy I just lost to sent me a message "are you 5 or just drunk... or both?"

Hal-9000
06-23-2014, 06:43 PM

you were stinkin out the joint Hugh?

Hugh_Janus
06-23-2014, 06:58 PM
oh man, I was terrible... button mashing like a chimp :lol:

Hal-9000
06-23-2014, 07:01 PM
first time I played Cod Black Ops online I changed my name to Bullet_Magnet, which caused a few lol's in the group :lol:

I could not hit a building and it seemed like I was running in cement shoes.

Hugh_Janus
06-23-2014, 07:11 PM
I noticed people had titles, so I was going to make mine "I suck at this" but you can only choose from a set amount :sad2:

Hal-9000
06-23-2014, 07:36 PM
on Steam I can change it every time I log on....thought I was stuck with my account name for a long time :doh:

Hal-9000
06-24-2014, 09:32 PM
where's Hugh...

I'm playing Shift 2 Unleashed...some tuning and stuff, nothing like Forza or Gran Turismo though. One thing I did notice and read about in a review. If you start harassing the AI drivers, they get downright nasty. I started a race, caused a huge 6 car pile up and quit it before it was finished. I restarted the same race and all of a sudden the dudes were clipping my bumper and taking me out during corners :lol: It was amazing....like they remembered the asshole in the blue Audi (me)

Hugh_Janus
06-24-2014, 09:44 PM
where's Hugh...

I'm playing Shift 2 Unleashed...some tuning and stuff, nothing like Forza or Gran Turismo though. One thing I did notice and read about in a review. If you start harassing the AI drivers, they get downright nasty. I started a race, caused a huge 6 car pile up and quit it before it was finished. I restarted the same race and all of a sudden the dudes were clipping my bumper and taking me out during corners :lol: It was amazing....like they remembered the asshole in the blue Audi (me)
they've been doing that for a while, and it pisses me off :lol: but normally when I crash them at the start, they're too slow to catch me :dance:

also, on the new forza, the AI is sbased on other players' racing styles, it actually "learns" inputs from other players... which I think is pretty neat, but judging from the people I've raced with in the past, they'll be right dirty fuckers :lol:

Hal-9000
06-24-2014, 10:15 PM
I like how if I'm polite...they tend to back off and move away driving...if I even nudge one guy's bumper, all of a sudden it's Death Race 2000 :lol:

Hal-9000
06-24-2014, 10:19 PM
In Shift2 there were complaints about the uneven car performance....I don't find that at all. Did some upgrades and some minor tuning on some parts, the car performed better than before.

The only thing I don't like in Shift is you have a D class car and when you start loading on the upgrades, it starts warning you that you're moving it up a class....then you can't compete or finish any of the current D level races ffs :lol: It's out of 1000 and they never fookin tell you that anywhere when you're playing.

so you can have a D class with a rating of 998...and then any addition you make pushes it right out of the league you're currently driving in....took me awhile to figure that shit out

Hal-9000
06-24-2014, 10:22 PM
the only thing I don't like about that game is it makes you log into EA Nation and starts saving your crap to the Speedwall online...it also saves all of your cars and times...

so I play about 2 years ago....fire it up again using the same account and all of a sudden I have 12 cars, some of them fully maxed out and some sweet legends muscle cars...

if I create a new account it starts warning me about using the wrong account or not being the owner of the game...wtf is that all about??? :x

Hugh_Janus
07-03-2014, 09:54 PM
gtav.... wasted $750k on a monster truck.... wish I hadn't :meh:

Hal-9000
07-03-2014, 11:19 PM
In Shift2 Unleashed I'm stuck on a race within a tournament...can't advance and it doesn't say the requirements for winning the damn thing :x

that's why I stopped playing this last time...I've come in first about 5 times but I need to drive a clean lap, or beat a certain time etc....wtf TELL MEEEEEEE:x

Hugh_Janus
07-03-2014, 11:27 PM
do both :slap:

redred
07-04-2014, 05:27 AM
gtav.... wasted $750k on a monster truck.... wish I hadn't :meh:
:point: you didn't read up on it first did you

Hugh_Janus
07-06-2014, 07:08 AM
nope.... and the worst bit is, I only have $14k in the bank now :facepalm:

Hal-9000
07-08-2014, 08:57 PM
made a new guy in Skyrim, started over again 8-[

my last guy was something like level 49 and reigned death to all who crossed his path :lol:

DemonGeminiX
07-08-2014, 10:53 PM

... and took an arrow to the knee?

Lambchop
07-09-2014, 12:36 AM
made a new guy in Skyrim, started over again 8-[

my last guy was something like level 49 and reigned death to all who crossed his path :lol:
I cheated in full Daedric gear when I last played, by using a save game editor. Did I commit blasphemy my lord?

Hal-9000
07-09-2014, 03:03 PM
I cheated in full Daedric gear when I last played, by using a save game editor. Did I commit blasphemy my lord?

Yes. Now you shall be cursed to forever wear fancy clothes and fur boots for the rest of the game.

There's console commands for everything on the PC, I only used the console once when trying to find a dead NPC :lol: Poor Faendal got caught in a brutal dragon attack and his body went into the river and vanished :shock:

Love his comments near death - I'm just getting warmed up!!! ...Like the bite of a flea!! :x

Hugh_Janus
07-14-2014, 10:29 PM
gtav.... I need to get better at dogfights :-k

Fodster
07-15-2014, 06:46 AM
Watchdogs :tup:

Hal-9000
07-15-2014, 06:28 PM
Watchdogs :tup:

thanks Fodster, good tip....that game looks great :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
08-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Need for Speed I

http://i.imgur.com/uwgarvX.jpg

Hugh_Janus
08-09-2014, 08:07 PM

Hal-9000
08-09-2014, 08:09 PM
the multiplayer head to head is a bitch to coordinate :lol:

Hal-9000
08-13-2014, 11:16 PM
910 hours put into Skyrim...

well I guess I got my money's worth outta that piece of software :lol:

Hal-9000
08-25-2014, 07:30 PM
Picked up Alan Wake for the pc this past weekend...third person adventure game that's all mood. Besides normal weapons like a handgun, light plays an important part because most of the enemies are dead guys and demons from hell apparently...

Creepy atmosphere walking around a dark coastal town with some interesting minigame type scenes like figuring out how to start a generator...

:-k Not sold on it yet but it is different

Hal-9000
09-06-2014, 07:50 PM
so Alan Wake is a bust....nice atmosphere but endless repetitive fights with the bad guys :|

Picked up Amnesia:The Dark Descent. Older graphics, first person view with no weapons or health meter...

Guy walks around a castle solving puzzles and being afraid...that's it :lol: He has an insanity meter that grows when he spends too much time in the dark or sees a bad guy...

I had my guy cratered on the ground, seeing imaginary bugs he was so scared :lol:

unusual and interesting....it already gets a 9 out of 10 for originality

Hal-9000
09-07-2014, 07:14 PM
The sanity meter from Amnesia

http://i.imgur.com/WeHRIuh.jpg

Hal-9000
09-07-2014, 07:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ESz8hhh.jpg

Hal-9000
09-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Some screens from Alan Wake..

Great idea and atmospheric graphics...unfortunately the clunky third person view and getting overwhelmed with scores of the same enemies made me turn off.

http://i.imgur.com/5RozGFu.jpg

Hal-9000
09-07-2014, 07:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5LdBGm2.jpg

Hal-9000
09-07-2014, 07:18 PM
:oops:

http://i.imgur.com/0KEwnOm.jpg

Hal-9000
09-12-2014, 03:44 PM
was playing Amnesia :The Dark Descent and took my guy into this really creepy morgue...

I checked his sanity status and it's " ... " and the little brain graphic is completely fried :lol: :lol:

Hal-9000
09-13-2014, 12:56 AM

http://i.imgur.com/s5dGZBt.jpg

Goofy
10-19-2014, 04:23 PM
Been playing "The Hunter" today, you basically just wander around a game reserve hunting for deer (you can hunt for various other animals if you stump up some readies!). Graphics are pretty damn good :tup: Can be quite time consuming though and it pisses me off when i find a wild hog trail or something like that but i can't shoot them without upgrading my licence :sad2:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-19-2014, 06:13 PM
Been playing "The Hunter" today, you basically just wander around a game reserve hunting for deer (you can hunt for various other animals if you stump up some readies!). Graphics are pretty damn good :tup: Can be quite time consuming though and it pisses me off when i find a wild hog trail or something like that but i can't shoot them without upgrading my licence :sad2:

#politics

PorkChopSandwiches
10-19-2014, 06:14 PM
:oops:

http://i.imgur.com/0KEwnOm.jpg
Only you would have a half naked woman on the bed and go to the study

Hal-9000
10-19-2014, 06:39 PM
You know I love playing Skyrim because of the beautiful environments..

http://i.imgur.com/FyV88pW.jpg

I picked this note up somewhere...it wasn't a quest thing, just a random scrap of paper sitting on a table......WTF? :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/6IQ4RIL.jpg

Hugh_Janus
10-19-2014, 06:57 PM
halo 4

Fodster
10-29-2014, 09:51 AM
FIFA15

Hal-9000
11-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - single player

damn the drama makes me laugh :lol:

and Manuel Noriega is currently suing the producer for using his likeness :rofl: They refer to him as Pineapple face in the game

Lambchop
11-15-2014, 03:02 AM
*lambsnip*
http://i57.tinypic.com/2z8yebn.png

Can you recommend any mods?

Hal-9000
11-15-2014, 04:41 AM
http://i57.tinypic.com/2z8yebn.png

Can you recommend any mods?

There are so many good ones....I am a relatively modless guy in the world of Skyrim.

I have QD Inventory which organizes the inventory list in a more helpful manner. There's a better inventory mod called SKYUI but you have to install something called the SKSE launcher to run the mod and I don't like having false executables.

I have Enhanced night sky which adds stars and better environmental effects at night.

I have Build Your Own Home which seems to be one of the more stable player homes. It's a form of a cheat because you usually have to wait until you complete quests in a particular hold, then the Jarl offers to sell you a house for big money.

Starting a game I would typically enlist Faendal as a follower, trade items with him, take his key and then use his home in Riverwood to store my stuff. Until the game cycles after something like 30 playing days and the items in his chests return to the defaults and all of your crap vanishes :x

I don't like cheat mods...the closet thing to that I have is called Barenziah Quest Markers, which helps part of Thieves Guild quest that I won't chat about further if you haven't played.

One of the forum members here, samarchepas, had about 90 mods running at once :lol: Some tend to have conflicts with others, especially the wholesale graphic mods that do things like add grass, bushes, trees, better all round rocks, rivers, particle lighting, color enhancers etc......so I've stayed away from those.

There are a few user created mods in the 'new lands' categories. I have two, Falskaar and Wyrmstooth. They add new land areas, NPC's and bad guys to fight. They seem a bit barren compared to the Vanilla game, but still add hours of playing time and a few new ideas n things...the user and his friends do the voices, which is comical at times.

You have the Legendary Edition? Does that have the DLC's Dawnguard and Dragonborn? If you haven't got those, I recommend them as they add tons of playing time and some pretty cool ideas. They're made by Bethesda so the production values are good, interface is as stable as the vanilla game.

If you haven't already, check out the Nexus forum :thumbsup: It has something like 5000 Skyrim mods with descriptions and download links. I think I had to join the forum to get some of the larger mods. Strange donation method (I think I gave a dollar), but no ill effects after joining and the payment was a one time thing.

I spent over 3 hours at Nexus one night just reading about the various mods. Each one is set up with screenshots, instructions from the modder and comment threads from users on the mod itself. It's a pretty comprehensive site.

Lambchop
11-16-2014, 05:42 AM
There are so many good ones....I am a relatively modless guy in the world of Skyrim.

I have QD Inventory which organizes the inventory list in a more helpful manner. There's a better inventory mod called SKYUI but you have to install something called the SKSE launcher to run the mod and I don't like having false executables.

I have Enhanced night sky which adds stars and better environmental effects at night.

I have Build Your Own Home which seems to be one of the more stable player homes. It's a form of a cheat because you usually have to wait until you complete quests in a particular hold, then the Jarl offers to sell you a house for big money.

Starting a game I would typically enlist Faendal as a follower, trade items with him, take his key and then use his home in Riverwood to store my stuff. Until the game cycles after something like 30 playing days and the items in his chests return to the defaults and all of your crap vanishes :x

I don't like cheat mods...the closet thing to that I have is called Barenziah Quest Markers, which helps part of Thieves Guild quest that I won't chat about further if you haven't played.

One of the forum members here, samarchepas, had about 90 mods running at once :lol: Some tend to have conflicts with others, especially the wholesale graphic mods that do things like add grass, bushes, trees, better all round rocks, rivers, particle lighting, color enhancers etc......so I've stayed away from those.

There are a few user created mods in the 'new lands' categories. I have two, Falskaar and Wyrmstooth. They add new land areas, NPC's and bad guys to fight. They seem a bit barren compared to the Vanilla game, but still add hours of playing time and a few new ideas n things...the user and his friends do the voices, which is comical at times.

You have the Legendary Edition? Does that have the DLC's Dawnguard and Dragonborn? If you haven't got those, I recommend them as they add tons of playing time and some pretty cool ideas. They're made by Bethesda so the production values are good, interface is as stable as the vanilla game.

If you haven't already, check out the Nexus forum :thumbsup: It has something like 5000 Skyrim mods with descriptions and download links. I think I had to join the forum to get some of the larger mods. Strange donation method (I think I gave a dollar), but no ill effects after joining and the payment was a one time thing.

I spent over 3 hours at Nexus one night just reading about the various mods. Each one is set up with screenshots, instructions from the modder and comment threads from users on the mod itself. It's a pretty comprehensive site.
Thanks for the advice.

I've been on Nexus tonight and this is what I'm running so far:

http://i61.tinypic.com/sghnx2.png

The patches above apparently fix a lot of issues not addressed by official patches. The Legendary Edition comes with all of the DLC content.

Setting everything up for a Christmas Holiday play-through. :bananadance:

Hal-9000
11-16-2014, 06:45 PM
So you went for the texture mods :lol:

I find the vanilla game looks pretty good....I've never tried any unofficial patches and have been pretty lucky in terms of glitches and crashes. I get the odd leftover journal entry but usually can get rid of those using the console.

Hal-9000
11-16-2014, 06:49 PM
this was right before it rained...on a misty, foggy morning as the sun was coming up. Gave a pretty good feel for cold, damp forest weather

http://i.imgur.com/DpgRZvM.jpg

Hugh_Janus
11-16-2014, 09:00 PM
gtav and I'm finding I get more and more aggressive when someone kills me :oops:

I did own 2 guys from a team earlier though when they killed me.... ended 13:2 in my favour :lol:

Hugh_Janus
12-03-2014, 08:22 PM
gtav again.... but now I'm in a bad sport lobby and I have to wear a dunce cone :rofl:

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/grand-theft-auto-5/thumb/6/63/Duncego.jpg/468px-Duncego.jpg

redred
12-03-2014, 08:23 PM
:lol: blowing up cars ?

Hugh_Janus
12-03-2014, 08:27 PM
looks like it :lol: I get bounties and get people to chase me.... then I drop sticky bombs and blow them up when they drive near them :d it costs me a fortune though.... 12.5k a pop for the veyrons :doh:

redred
12-03-2014, 08:32 PM

Hal-9000
12-10-2014, 01:45 AM
picked up Bioshock Infinite...liked the first Bioshock, can't say I'm in love with this one...

it was only 8.95 on Steam tho :dance:

Hugh_Janus
12-10-2014, 09:59 PM
gtav.... back in the good sport lobbies now. I don't want to go back to the bad sport ones, I only played there for a couple of hours and it was mayhem. I spent 200k on just ammo :lol:

Hal-9000
12-13-2014, 08:19 PM
STALKER Call of Pripyat

The STALKER games have craptastic graphics, bugs, crashes galore....and are the best first person shooters ever made :thumbsup:

It's kind of a RPG shooter..you can only carry so much so will it be that next loaf of bread... or some band aids...or some vodka to counter act radiation?

You have to repair guns and clothing and use your bullets wisely.

I remember playing STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl and running away and hiding from a pack of wild dogs, because I only had a hand gun and 3 bullets :lol:

Hal-9000
12-18-2014, 07:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ueTvvFV.jpg

STALKER Call of Pripyat...this is your home base.

I had forgotten how great these games are. You wander around a huge dangerous sandbox environment that takes place after the Chernobyl accident, doing whatever missions and side quests you feel like. There's anomalies, giant emission storms and mutants galore..as well as other Stalkers running around trying to survive.

The coolest part is the realism of your health and inventory management. If you get injured you constantly bleed unless you use bandages or similar...if you get exposed to radiation you have to use anti-rad meds or drink vodka for a quick fix....if you carry too much inventory you can't run....and running away from shit is a large part of the game :lol: If you get hungry you must eat...if your weapons or armor get damaged they have to be repaired...and you can only carry 60 kg of crap so it becomes very hard deciding which items to carry around or pick up from dead guys.

The other night I was walking across the wastelands during a rain storm....and all of a sudden the sky darkened even more, I could see things flying through the air and this weird noise started. Then a loud air raid siren went off and I got a warning to find cover... It was an emission storm. I found a nearby complex and some tunnels, crawled in and hid in a deep corner. For about 5 minutes the screen shook and the storm passed through the region...killing other guys and sending particles up in the tunnels I was hiding it. My health started dropping and I just barely made it by the time the storm passed...

it was a very cool gaming moment and now when I hear that siren I run like a little bitch for any sort of cover :lol:

Hal-9000
12-18-2014, 07:36 PM
There are decrepit, stranded boats that serve as shelter. This is one with a hermit and his dog living inside. He's built a windwmill out of old wood and as I was taking the screen shot a rain storm rolled in complete with lightning flashes....pretty cool graphics IMO

http://i.imgur.com/Lo6QZgM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KAm5Pwf.jpg

Hal-9000
12-21-2014, 07:26 PM
I'm using the Stalker CoP Complete mod which adds new songs and sound effects ....

this guy was butchering ACDC's You Shook me All Night Long :lol: :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/owRlHOh.jpg

Hal-9000
12-21-2014, 07:27 PM
I'm exploring this old cement factory and decide to try and walk the pipe from the building on the left, up to the right...

http://i.imgur.com/aQ8oET3.jpg

Hal-9000
12-21-2014, 07:29 PM
It led to the top of the building (on the right) and a whole new area going down through the roof....love this game :thumbsup:

http://i.imgur.com/XouLBSQ.jpg

Hal-9000
02-10-2015, 09:34 PM
finished STALKER Call of Pripyat, one of the best FPS ever made :thumbsup:

I'm amazed by the attention to detail as most of the areas were modeled after real life structures..

the infamous Pripyat ferris wheel

http://i.imgur.com/fCK3fWj.jpg

Hal-9000
02-10-2015, 09:36 PM
me and my trusty knife > packs of mutant dogs

all day baby!! :x

http://i.imgur.com/WWxF7pH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/J7Ja2ux.jpg

Hal-9000
02-10-2015, 09:38 PM
STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl

some amazing graphics in the first edition of these games

http://i.imgur.com/qd1YFaN.jpg

Fodster
05-18-2015, 08:05 AM
https://40.media.tumblr.com/4a384214879b76f9b0752fd1bd34b192/tumblr_nocofkLfeX1sqx8y7o1_500.jpg

Hal-9000
05-19-2015, 06:51 PM
I look at it this way...everyone has free time. The people that critiqued me for playing pc games would spend an average of 4-6 hours per night watching TV...every single night. I do about 2 hours of gaming per week, if that. Other people relax doing scrapbooking, or knitting, or model building, or whatever.....things I would never waste 60 seconds on..

Jezter
05-19-2015, 07:02 PM
Path Of Exile. Awesome game! And completely free!