PDA

View Full Version : And today's story that shows the 'entitled generation' is nothing but a bunch of whiners...

Teh One Who Knocks
09-24-2012, 07:32 PM
By Michael S. Rosenwald - The Washington Post

http://i.imgur.com/zKBl9.jpg

College is a time for trying new things. The experimentation runs the gamut from new hair styles to unforeseen academic interests to behaviors not publishable on this blog, but it apparently does not extend to sandwich wraps.

At the University of Maryland, students are exasperated about a new construction method that Dining Service employees are using for wraps. The changes, according to The Diamondback school newspaper, include “cutting vegetables, chicken and other sandwich products, rather than dicing them, and leaving the ends of the wraps open instead of folded in.”

The open wrap ends are particularly galling.

Claire Tomaszewski, being a materials science and engineering major, naturally had a thought about the new wrap construction method. Her thought was not positive. “It’s really difficult to eat because everything falls out of the bottom. It’s not that hard to fold the bottom end,” she told the paper.

She added: “If I am turned off by it, some other people must be, too.”

Yep: “I like them better when they’re folded in, and I do like the end piece cause I have a bit of extra wrap,” John Morgan, a biology major, said in agreement.

It seems clear that U-Md. students have been brought together by this wrap tragedy, but they are unlikely to find relief, even in their solidarity. Dining officials aren’t budging. They changed the wrap construction to speed up lines and improve “plate presentation,” and they are taking the new assembly process very, very seriously.

John Gray, the campus head chef, said: “Operations managers, supervisors and I watch employees make sandwiches and wraps. If something is made incorrectly, the employee is quietly spoken with or shown how to properly make the sandwich or wrap.”

Besides experimentation, college is also about learning important life lessons, and in this wrap matter U-Md. students have discovered a hard truth: The sandwiches they receive in life might not always be designed according to their preferences.

RBP
09-24-2012, 07:33 PM
:puke:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-24-2012, 07:45 PM
:hand: One end should be closed. That doesnt make you entitled, it makes you normal.

Acid Trip
09-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Why the hell don't they close it themselves?

Derp derp my fixings keep falling out derp derp. I'll complain about it instead of folding it up myself cause I'm an idiot.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-24-2012, 07:51 PM
If they are buying the food, it should be prepared properly. On a side note, if its falling out because you are holding it like a child and not closing it, then fuck you too

DemonGeminiX
09-24-2012, 08:51 PM
:hand:

It's not hard to fold a wrap. It's not like designing and building a suspension bridge. An engineering student should have no problem figuring it out.

Hal-9000
09-24-2012, 09:14 PM
My Dad would love to read and respond to something like this...he grew up in small town prairie-ville (200 people) during the 30's...

the month they had an onion, it was a pretty big deal

DemonGeminiX
09-24-2012, 09:24 PM
My Dad would love to read and respond to something like this...he grew up in small town prairie-ville (200 people) during the 30's...

the month they had an onion, it was a pretty big deal

:lol:

"I used to walk to school barefoot... uphill... both ways... in ten feet of snow... and we were thankful..."

Acid Trip
09-24-2012, 09:40 PM

"I used to walk to school barefoot... uphill... both ways... in ten feet of snow... and we were thankful..."

With a hot rock in each pocket that we ate for lunch.

Muddy
09-24-2012, 09:43 PM
I once fucked a hot pocket..

DemonGeminiX
09-24-2012, 09:51 PM
I once fucked a hot pocket..

And you call us degenerates.

:|

Muddy
09-24-2012, 10:16 PM
And you call us degenerates.

:|

It was the one you ate last week.. :mrgreen:

beowulf
09-24-2012, 10:20 PM

of course we had it tough.....................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

DemonGeminiX
09-24-2012, 10:23 PM
It was the one you ate last week.. :mrgreen:

I don't eat hot pockets.

Noilly Pratt
09-24-2012, 10:29 PM
If that's all they have to complain about, then life must be pretty damned good. Suck it up, buttercup! :D

Hal-9000
09-24-2012, 10:45 PM

don't laugh....my Mom used to tell us stories about 8 kids using the same bath water, (she was youngest, therefore last and the water was always cold and dirty), 5 of the kids riding to school on a horse...

then I met someone with pictures and stories to back her claims :lol: :lol:

Godfather
09-24-2012, 11:30 PM
Fuck I come from a shitty generation...

Hal-9000
09-25-2012, 12:55 AM
Even when I was young GF (and I consider myself part of this generation depending on who I'm sitting next to)....we would hear a good song on the radio and have to stop everything, run over...and listen to it :lol:

There was no way to record the radio for the average person. Even when someone bought an album, you could record it to cassette tape..if you had the proper equipment. There was no mass-moving or managing of media...everything was pretty much, in the moment....music, TV, movies for sure...

Godfather
09-25-2012, 02:26 AM
I'm not so young that I don't remember time before mp3's, dvr's and ipods man :lol:

deebakes
09-25-2012, 02:54 AM
mother fuckers... who eat a fucking wrap anyways? bunch of douchebags imo :shrug:

Acid Trip
09-25-2012, 01:37 PM
of course we had it tough.....................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

:bwaha:

Hal-9000
09-25-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm not so young that I don't remember time before mp3's, dvr's and ipods man :lol:

you remember the late 70's? I'm talking about the times when reel to reel was the only tape recorder and there were no VCR's :lol:

DemonGeminiX
09-25-2012, 07:04 PM
8 tracks, ftw!