07-23-2018, 10:44 AM
Since when are you Italian? :-s
I had a pizza on saturday [-(

Fodster
08-13-2018, 10:23 AM
BROOKS

Goofy
08-13-2018, 11:35 AM
I think we can safely say that Tiger's back now, been in contention the last two majors and shooting 64 in the final round is like the Tiger of old.

The coverage over here was non-existent, first major in living memory that wasnt on tv. Some internet streaming firm bought the rights and apparently the coverage was shite unsurprisingly.

Godfather
09-24-2018, 05:34 AM
Tiga' Motherfuckin' Woods y'all.

Did you see those crowds? They were fired up like nothing we've seen in years. You can't tell me golf doesn't still need Tiger Woods out there winning.

Fodster
09-24-2018, 10:16 AM
GOAT

Goofy
09-24-2018, 10:25 AM
GOAT
Jack Nicklaus? :-k

Fodster
09-24-2018, 10:30 AM

Not even close!

Teh One Who Knocks
09-24-2018, 10:49 AM
Tiga' Motherfuckin' Woods y'all.

Did you see those crowds? They were fired up like nothing we've seen in years. You can't tell me golf doesn't still need Tiger Woods out there winning.

Who? :confused:

GOAT

:hand:

The Walrus :thumbsup:

Goofy
09-24-2018, 10:59 AM
Who? :confused:

:hand:

The Walrus :thumbsup:
Stadler? :rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-24-2018, 11:29 AM
Who has a better nickname in all of golf better than The Walrus? :nono:

Fodster
09-24-2018, 11:35 AM
Notah Begay?

Goofy
09-24-2018, 12:25 PM
Who has a better nickname in all of golf better than The Walrus? :nono:
Andrew "Beef" Johnston :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-24-2018, 12:26 PM
Notah Begay?

Are you having a seizure? :-k

Andrew "Beef" Johnston :tup:

:umno:

Goofy
09-24-2018, 12:32 PM
Beef beef beef beef!!!!

Teh One Who Knocks
09-24-2018, 01:03 PM
https://i.imgur.com/EJjHYi7.png

Goofy
09-24-2018, 01:10 PM
:shakehead:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-24-2018, 01:16 PM
http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/7964/tenSR9.jpg

The Pink Panther is a good one too though :tup:

Goofy
09-24-2018, 02:40 PM
http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/7964/tenSR9.jpg

The Pink Panther is a good one too though :tup:
:wank:

Goofy
10-01-2018, 07:26 AM
:europe:

Well that was easy, barely a whimper from the US team :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
11-06-2018, 11:44 AM
By Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q90/923/ScF41Q.jpg

A former NCAA golf champion was disqualified from the LGPA’s qualifying tournament over the weekend after she played a ball her mother moved back in bounds.

A homeowner near the Pinehurst, N.C., golf course caught someone moving Doris Chen’s errant tee shot back in bounds and later reported the infraction, Golf Channel reported. The person who moved the ball was later identified as Chen’s mother, Yuh-Guey Lin.

Alex Valer, Chen’s caddie, tried to explain the situation to the Golf Channel.

“It’s a mess,” he said. “Doris did the wrong thing. I’m just trying to do the right thing, to be fair to all those players at Q-Series who have worked so hard for a whole year.”

Chen attempted to distance herself from the controversy Sunday, calling the incident a “misunderstanding.”

“I did not have any direct involvement, nor was it my intention for it to happen,” she said in the statement. “It was a stressful week and I did my best in terms of resolving it at the moment. Unfortunately, I did not have the best judgement [sic] at the moment and this resulted [in] a ruling. It was my responsibility as a player to call for a rules official at the time to investigate, whether the event to be true or mistaken.
“However, I thought I knew the rules clearly. I have to firmly clarify that my caddie, the volunteer nor I at the time we were searching for the ball saw anything suspicious. I did not hear or see anything, nor did I do anything that would interfere. I found the ball and hit it.”

The LGPA released a statement, saying Chen played the wrong ball.

“Doris Chen's drive on the 17th hole in round 7 came to rest out of bounds," the LPGA said in the statement, according to ESPN. “An outside agency moved her ball back in bounds. Ms. Chen and her caddie were made aware that the ball had been moved. Doris elected to play the ball, which was a wrong ball by definition, from its altered lie. Ms. Chen did not correct her error before teeing off on the next hole, thus resulting in the DQ penalty.”

Chen, who won an NCAA title with USC in 2014 and a U.S. Girls’ Junior title in 2010, defended herself in an interview with the Golf Channel, saying feels “hurt” over the situation and is not a cheater.

Goofy
11-06-2018, 12:01 PM
:facepalm:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-14-2019, 08:39 PM
by Kyle Porter , Chip Patterson & Kyle Boone - CBS Sports

https://i.imgur.com/UWs6DCg.jpg

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Tiger Woods has done it again. After an 11-year drought, golf's most polarizing and popular figure has added another major to his dossier, outlasting a star-studded leaderboard on Sunday by posting a final round 2-under 70 to win the 2019 Masters. It's his first major win since the 2008 U.S. Open, 15th of his career and first at Augusta National since 2005. With five green jackets now in his Augusta locker, Woods is second all-time at the pristine course behind only Jack Nicklaus, who won six times between 1963 and 1986.

Woods began the day T2 and in the final pairing for the first time since 2007, but he sat two strokes off leader Francesco Molinari, who had been steady all week. Molinari led throughout much of the day, in fact, until double-bogeys on No. 12 and No. 15 opened a small window for Tiger to pounce -- and pounce he did. Woods birdied the par-5 13th hole and par-5 15th for the third time this week, then birdied the par-3 16th with a near-hole-in-one. He walked up to No. 17 with a two-stroke lead on Dustin Johnson and Brooks Koepka, and when Koepka missed a birdie putt on 18 that would have put pressure on Woods, Tiger was able to clinch it with a bogey on the final hole.
https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1117496017337741312
"I was just trying to plod my way around the golf course all day, then all of a sudden I had the lead, and coming up 18, it was just trying to make a 5," said Woods. "When I tapped the putt in, I don't know what I did, but I know I screamed. And then I was just looking for Joey. I shook the guys' hands and then found Joey, and it was a pretty big embrace. To have my kids there, it's come full circle. My dad was here in 1997 and now i'm the dad with two kids there."

Woods becomes a five-time Masters winner on Sunday, which stands alone as the second-most in the sport's history ahead of Arnold Palmer. Only Jack Nicklaus, who won six, has more. The victory marks Woods' first at Augusta since 2005, when he capped an incredible decade of dominance at the event he also won in 1997, 2000 and 2001.

"It's overwhelming," said Woods of winning for a fifth time. "I think just because of what has transpired, and last year i was just very lucky to be playing again. The previous dinner, the champions dinner, I was really struggling and missed a couple years of not playing this great tournament. To now be the champion, 22 years between wins is a long time. But it's just unreal for me to experience this. My mom was here, she was there in 97 as well. So I just couldn't be more happy and more excited and i'm kind of at a loss for words, really."

Woods' fourth and final round was a roller coaster, much like the rest of the field. He began with consecutive pars before birdie-bogey-bogey on 3, 4 and 5. In his final four holes on the first nine, he tapped in two birdies to stay on pace with the leaders. His second nine was bookended by bogeys, but in between, he played the seven holes at 3-under, led by consecutive birdies on 15 and 16.

Following the victory, Woods made an appearance in Butler Cabin to receive his fifth green jacket from 2018 champion Patrick Reed. Sliding on the jacket, a wry smile crept across his face.

"It fits," he said.

CBS Sports was with you the entire way on Sunday for every hole of Tiger's incredible Masters win, updating this story with highlights throughout. If you are unable to view the live updates below, please click here.
https://twitter.com/Nike/status/1117497381832933376

Goofy
04-15-2019, 07:13 AM
I fuckin missed it, never realised they were going out early due to the weather :| I normally switch on at 9pm or so for the Masters final day then watch the majority of the final round (usually finishes around midnight my time) - went to check the leaderboard at 8pm andd it had F next to all the names :x

Guess Tiger really is back this time :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-15-2019, 10:19 AM
While it's a great story, I'm still gonna reserve judgement as to whether he's really back. Great story, great comeback, but he'll need to win another major this year (or at least come close) before I'll agree that he's back.

Goofy
04-15-2019, 10:29 AM
While it's a great story, I'm still gonna reserve judgement as to whether he's really back. Great story, great comeback, but he'll need to win another major this year (or at least come close) before I'll agree that he's back.
Winning 1 is enough for me tbh - even if he never wins another major id still say it was one hell of a comeback consisering what he's gone through the last few years :)

Teh One Who Knocks
04-15-2019, 10:40 AM
Winning 1 is enough for me tbh - even if he never wins another major id still say it was one hell of a comeback consisering what he's gone through the last few years :)

Winning one tourney isn't being "back" :hand:

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again :nono:

Goofy
04-15-2019, 12:22 PM
Winning one tourney isn't being "back" :hand:

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again :nono:
Yeah, coz its so easy to win a major.........

:beatdown:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-15-2019, 12:46 PM
I won one and it was my very first time trying but I gave the trophy back and said keep it and give it to the other guy because if it's this easy, I don't want it :hand:

Goofy
04-15-2019, 02:15 PM
I won one and it was my very first time trying but I gave the trophy back and said keep it and give it to the other guy because if it's this easy, I don't want it :hand:
Hmmm :watching:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-15-2019, 02:18 PM
https://i.imgur.com/YIdd3e4.jpg

See? It's a simple game :hand:

Goofy
04-15-2019, 02:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/YIdd3e4.jpg

See? It's a simple game :hand:
President Trump's better :hand:

Godfather
04-16-2019, 02:40 AM

I know where you're coming from. Old Tiger was a monster. He won the Masters in 1997 by 12 strokes :lol: They 'Tiger Proofed' courses to make it tougher on him and try and even things out.

At his age, with 4 surgeries, I don't think we'll ever see him get back to that level of absolute dominance. But the way he played yesterday, I'd bet we see him win another couple Majors to prove any of the hold-out doubters wrong.

RBP
04-16-2019, 03:14 AM
I know where you're coming from. Old Tiger was a monster. He won the Masters in 1997 by 12 strokes :lol: They 'Tiger Proofed' courses to make it tougher on him and try and even things out.

At his age, with 4 surgeries, I don't think we'll ever see him get back to that level of absolute dominance. But the way he played yesterday, I'd bet we see him win another couple Majors to prove any of the hold-out doubters wrong.

He needs 4 more to be bullet proof. He can be faulted for accepting poor coaching that made his swing a horror. You never saw that with that classic champions.

Godfather
04-16-2019, 06:25 AM
He needs 4 more to be bullet proof. He can be faulted for accepting poor coaching that made his swing a horror. You never saw that with that classic champions.

4 more majors to be bullet proof as the GOAT? Or just 4 more wins to be considered 'back' like Lance was saying?

If it's the former I agree absolutely, he's got to beat Jack's Major's record to kill that debate. If it's the latter I think that's harsh to expect this season. Last year nobody won more than 3.

Goofy
04-16-2019, 07:13 AM
A lot of the swing changes were due to his injuries though - his last major win prior to this he won an 18 hole play-off on one leg as his knee was fucked. Major rebuild on the knee then the swing changes started.

Tiger is the GOAT for me...... when did Jack ever win a major by 15 shots like Tiger did? Jack was great, but Tiger at his best was on a different planet entirely - screw what the stats/records say.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-16-2019, 10:42 AM
A lot of the swing changes were due to his injuries though - his last major win prior to this he won an 18 hole play-off on one leg as his knee was fucked. Major rebuild on the knee then the swing changes started.

Tiger is the GOAT for me...... when did Jack ever win a major by 15 shots like Tiger did? Jack was great, but Tiger at his best was on a different planet entirely - screw what the stats/records say.

But Jack didn't have aluminum and titanium and carbon fiber golf clubs to use and didn't have the types of scientifically designed golf balls that exist today. Could Tiger have done what he did with REAL woods from back in the day and your basic old timey golf balls? Usually you can't compare past and current players in sports, but golf is one you can because the game hasn't changed, but the equipment sure has.

Goofy
04-16-2019, 10:48 AM
But Jack didn't have aluminum and titanium and carbon fiber golf clubs to use and didn't have the types of scientifically designed golf balls that exist today. Could Tiger have done what he did with REAL woods from back in the day and your basic old timey golf balls? Usually you can't compare past and current players in sports, but golf is one you can because the game hasn't changed, but the equipment sure has.
The equipment Tiger was using was available to everyone else too though, it was a level playing field and he just pulverized everyone. It was the kind of domination no-one had ever seen before or will again imho :)

I'm not trying to downplay Jack's achievements btw, he was the best of his generation by far.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-16-2019, 11:00 AM
Don't get me wrong, Tiger is/was great, the greatest player of his time without question. But I think during Jack's day, the competition was better (for the time) than the competition was for Tiger during his time. Only Phil Mickelson and Ernie Els have at least 3 major wins during the time of Tiger, that's it. But the guys that Jack played with were also pretty darn dominant. Gary Player (nine majors), Tom Watson (eight), Arnold Palmer (seven), Lee Trevino (six) and Seve Ballesteros (five). Plus, Jack has 19 second place finishes on top of his 18 wins, Tiger has only finished 2nd in a major 6 times.

I think Tiger NEEDS to get to 19 majors to be considered the greatest IMHO.

Goofy
04-16-2019, 11:35 AM
:x

Teh One Who Knocks
04-16-2019, 12:00 PM
Point for me :dance:

Goofy
04-16-2019, 12:03 PM
Tbh i was shocked when i saw how many 2nd places Jack had in majors.......... 18 wins and 19 2nds......... more of a loser than a winner really :-k

:dance2:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-16-2019, 01:55 PM
https://i.imgur.com/bRKPJz1.png

:usa:

RBP
04-16-2019, 02:23 PM
And 9 of the 22 South African wins was one Player. ;)

Teh One Who Knocks
04-16-2019, 02:41 PM
And 9 of the 22 South African wins was one Player. ;)

https://i.imgur.com/NTD2U.jpg

Goofy
04-16-2019, 03:10 PM
https://i.imgur.com/bRKPJz1.png

:usa:
Scotland > England :woot:

Tbh i had it in my head that Sandy Lyle had won the masters twice for some reason :-k

Godfather
04-17-2019, 01:16 AM
Canada sucks at golf, but that one major in 2003 when Mike Weir won it was so awesome.

RBP
04-17-2019, 01:43 AM
Canada sucks at golf, but that one major in 2003 when Mike Weir won it was so awesome.

Which is odd considering you are good at other sports involving sticks: Hockey, Lacrosse, Curling... Why is that by the way? I was thinking you suck at balls. :lol: But that doesn't explain lacrosse. :-k

Godfather
04-17-2019, 02:12 AM
Which is odd considering you are good at other sports involving sticks: Hockey, Lacrosse, Curling... Why is that by the way? I was thinking you suck at balls. :lol: But that doesn't explain lacrosse. :-k

Maybe the smaller population and popularity of hockey/winter sports here, maybe the short playing season in the majority of the country. But I think the biggest factor though has to be that major development in golfers comes at the collegiate level, which we don't fund anywhere near as well as you guys do with the NCAA.

I can't speak to lacrosse or curling, but for hockey we have leagues that run independent of school systems that do an incredible job at development (although the the NCAA is going to surpass the Canadian Junior programs soon, if it hasn't already). There's nothing like that to develop golfers here, so they basically have to get a US scholarship to have a chance at turning pro. It's the same with us and tennis. We like to take credit for our Canadian golfers and tennis players, but without US colleges accepting them we'd probably have nothing at all.

Goofy
04-17-2019, 01:18 PM
Maybe the smaller population and popularity of hockey/winter sports here, maybe the short playing season in the majority of the country. But I think the biggest factor though has to be that major development in golfers comes at the collegiate level, which we don't fund anywhere near as well as you guys do with the NCAA.

I can't speak to lacrosse or curling, but for hockey we have leagues that run independent of school systems that do an incredible job at development (although the the NCAA is going to surpass the Canadian Junior programs soon, if it hasn't already). There's nothing like that to develop golfers here, so they basically have to get a US scholarship to have a chance at turning pro. It's the same with us and tennis. We like to take credit for our Canadian golfers and tennis players, but without US colleges accepting them we'd probably have nothing at all.
We're pretty similar over here tbh, our last major champion was Paul Lawrie back in '99 at Carnoustie (i was there that day - the Van de Velde meltdown day). No sign of any real talents coming through tbh, our best in my lifetime was Monty but he always bottled it in the majors for some reason :wha:

Goofy
07-19-2019, 01:26 PM
David Duval had a 14 on one hole yesterday......... that beats my all-time record of 11 on the 5th at Pitlochry god-knows how many years ago! :lol:

Goofy
07-19-2019, 01:33 PM
https://i.imgur.com/YupwoVE.png

:rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-19-2019, 01:43 PM
Were you playing on the pro tour? :-s

Goofy
07-19-2019, 01:51 PM
Were you playing on the pro tour? :-s

Apparently i was too good so they wouldn't let me play :(

Teh One Who Knocks
07-19-2019, 01:54 PM

Goofy
07-19-2019, 01:57 PM
:dance2:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-19-2019, 02:26 PM
CBS Sports is saying Tiger is going to miss the cut. He shot a 1 under 70 today.

Godfather
07-24-2019, 05:52 AM
Irish golfer Shanw Lowry who won the British Open last week has pulled out of this week's golf tourny citing the reason as "Intoxication" :rofl: There's video of him at some Irish pub singing, drunk off his rocker. So awesome.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/Nd8xtAR8Tf">pic.twitter.com/Nd8xtAR8Tf</a></p>&mdash; Gary Hayes (@garhazer) <a href="https://twitter.com/garhazer/status/1153242094187831297?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 22, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Teh One Who Knocks
07-26-2019, 11:41 AM
https://i.imgur.com/y4iqwS3.png

So are ya going Goof? :-k

Goofy
07-26-2019, 02:23 PM
I dunno, see what i'm doing nearer the time......... don't really know anyone who would fancy going though :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
07-26-2019, 02:30 PM
I dunno, see what i'm doing nearer the time......... don't really know anyone who would fancy going though :-k

Pay for my airfare and I'll be there :tup:

Goofy
07-26-2019, 04:39 PM
Pay for my airfare and I'll be there :tup:

:rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-26-2019, 04:41 PM
Did I say something funny? :-s

Goofy
07-26-2019, 04:54 PM
Did I say something funny? :-s

You sure did! :lmao:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-26-2019, 04:55 PM
Where's my plane tickets? :tapfoot:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-26-2019, 05:29 PM
B0UPPNmn5Df

Godfather
07-27-2019, 03:48 AM
Oh I like her...

Godfather
09-13-2019, 01:17 AM
Andreescu :dance: So cool to see a young Canadian girl win the first grand slam tourny for us ever!

Hot or not :-k

lost in melb.
09-13-2019, 01:22 AM
Andreescu :dance: So cool to see a young Canadian girl win the first grand slam tourny for us ever!

:worthless:

Godfather
09-13-2019, 01:48 AM
:lol:

Ok have a look through her IG. She's got a big head and is pretty thick.... I'm on the fence TBH.

https://i.imgur.com/ZkSdxiN.jpg

https://shawglobalnews.files.wordpress.com/2019/09/bianca-andreescu-3.png

https://tennistonic.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Bianca-Andreescu-in-Bikini.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pYiPUvV.jpg

lost in melb.
09-13-2019, 01:55 AM
I think she's one of those girls that's cute from certain angles. I think if she spent some $$$ on a makeover, especially her hair, she could improve considerably.

Godfather
09-13-2019, 02:37 AM
Ya they cut her a cheque for $3.5M USD after she won the Open, then flew her home in a PJ :lol: I have a feeling she'll be getting hotter

Teh One Who Knocks
09-13-2019, 09:45 AM

Does she moonlight as a golfer? :-k

Godfather
09-14-2019, 01:11 AM
:lol: Fuck

RBP
09-14-2019, 03:54 AM
I think she's one of those girls that's cute from certain angles. I think if she spent some $$$ on a makeover, especially her hair, she could improve considerably.

:patriarchy:

Godfather
09-14-2019, 06:24 AM
But for real, hot or not, Andreescu?

Goofy
09-14-2019, 07:27 AM
But for real, hot or not, Andreescu?
I'd happily rearrange her guts........ for what it's worth

Goofy
09-15-2019, 04:32 PM
Magnificent, what a finish! :euro:

Fodster
09-16-2019, 08:56 AM
Fantastic, then retires.

Drops the MIC :golf:

Goofy
09-16-2019, 09:54 AM
Fantastic, then retires.

Drops the MIC :golf:
Yeah, what a way to go!

Teh One Who Knocks
11-05-2019, 10:55 AM
The Associated Press

https://i.imgur.com/4ub7p3Rl.jpg

The streak ended with little fanfare, and that was just fine with Phil Mickelson.

He slashed his way to a tie for 28th in the HSBC Champions, with only 100 or so fans following along. Mickelson played his last nine holes right behind Rory McIlroy, but only because Lefty was in the first group to tee off on the back nine. He signed for a 68 in his final round of the year.

The number that stands out is No. 51, his position this week in the Official World Golf Ranking.

For the first time in nearly 26 years — 1,353 weeks to be exact — Mickelson is no longer among the top 50 in the world.

"It was a good run," Mickelson said Sunday. "Unfortunately, the last eight months I played terribly and have fallen out. But I'll get back in there."

The question is whether anyone can ever match it.

Jordan Spieth was not quite 4 months old when Mickelson first cracked the top 50 on Nov. 23, 1993, with a runner-up finish in the Casio World Open. Deane Beman was the commissioner of the PGA Tour.

Rory McIlroy compared Mickelson's streak to Tiger Woods going 142 starts on the PGA Tour over seven years without missing a cut.

"Being top 50 in the world since 1993, that means no injuries, no breaks, that is nothing," McIlroy said. "Play your game, keep going."

That's all Mickelson has done.

He never reached No. 1 in the world, mainly because of Woods, partly because Mickelson was not on top of his game when Woods fell off and created an opportunity. Then again, Mickelson never won a PGA Tour money title or was voted PGA Tour player of the year.

His hallmark is consistently great play, and it is unrivaled.

"It's pretty amazing given he was there into his 40s like that, with how much time is taken from golf with your family," Spieth said. "You're not as sharp because you're not doing it as often. I give him more credit in the last seven to 10 years."

Mickelson nearly fell out at the start of 2018, and then he ran off four straight top 10s, culminating with his third World Golf Championships title in Mexico City. He reached No. 17 with his victory at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am in February — his seventh win in his 40s, including a major — and was hopeful of a big year.

He hasn't finished better than a tie for 18th since then.

McIlroy is completing his 11th year in the top 50 — he first cracked the top 50 with a runner-up finish in Hong Kong in 2008 — and that's now the longest current streak. For everyone else but Mickelson, it seemed something always would go wrong, whether it was injury (Woods) or a spell of bad play (Adam Scott, Sergio Garcia, Justin Rose).

No one thought Woods would drop from the top 50 — much less No. 1, a spot he twice held for five straight years — until his personal life imploded and then his legs broke down, and his streak of 15 years in the top 50 ended in 2011.

The secret?

It starts with great golf, and Mickelson is among the best to ever play.

"You have to have good balance," Mickelson said. "Amy (his wife) is a big part of that, having a good balance of family and playing schedule, so when I do play I'm focused. Having kids on the road early in my career was a big thing.

"For the most part, it's having the desire to work on it, and having passion for it and love it and enjoying it and competing."

McIlroy believes the record can be matched, and he thinks it goes beyond staying injury-free. McIlroy had back trouble very early in his career, and he missed a chunk of time in early 2017 with a rib injury, only the second time he went through an entire year without winning.

"I would have said that a few years ago," McIlroy said about injuries. "But I feel as good as I ever have."

He also is 30. What will he say 10 years from now?

"Hopefully, what Tom Brady says," McIlroy replied, referring to the 42-year-old New England Patriots quarterback. "I feel better than when I came into the league."

McIlroy says a family and shifting priorities could become more of an obstacle than injuries, which impresses him about Mickelson.

Spieth is more impressed with Mickelson having played on the last 24 teams for the Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup, another streak that is ending. Mickelson qualified for 19 consecutive teams and only recently had to rely on a pick. But those streaks go hand in hand.

"You're not going to make teams if you're not top 50, or top 20 even," Mickelson said.

That's where Mickelson could be found for three weeks shy of 26 years, and even though the streak is done, Mickelson says he is not.

He already is talking about making the next Ryder Cup team.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-20-2020, 01:53 PM
LPGA Press Release

https://i.imgur.com/BN6diIk.jpg

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla., Nov. 16, 2020 – The LPGA and LET today announced that the Solheim Cup, the world’s leading match-play competition for female professional golfers, will move to even years starting in 2024. The 2021 and 2023 competitions will be held in their previously announced dates and locations in Ohio and Spain, respectively, with back-to-back playings in 2023 and 2024.

The Solheim Cup Committee approved the change to even years following the announcement that the Ryder Cup will move to an odd-year schedule, after the 2020 competition was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The specific dates and location for the 2024 Solheim Cup, which will be held in the United States, will be announced in the future.

“With the world sporting schedule changing so much due to current difficulties, we felt it was in the best interest of the Solheim Cup to return to an off-year rotation with the Ryder Cup,” said Dennis Baggett, Executive Director of the Solheim Cup. “When the competition returns to the United States in 2024, I have no doubt fans will have an incredible opportunity to celebrate the best women golfers from the United States and Europe as they represent their home countries.”

The 2021 Solheim Cup will take place Sept. 4-6 at Inverness Club in Toledo, Ohio. USA Captain Pat Hurst, along with Assistant Captains Angela Stanford and Michelle Wie West (a third assistant captain will be named in 2021), will lead the best players from the United States as they look to reclaim the Solheim Cup on home soil. Europe will once again be helmed by Captain Catriona Matthew, with Vice Captains Laura Davies, Kathryn Imrie and Suzann Pettersen by her side. Pettersen ended her playing career in style at the 2019 Solheim Cup at Gleneagles in Scotland, scoring the winning point in the final putt of the final match and announcing her retirement at Team Europe’s celebratory post-win press conference.

The 2023 Solheim Cup will be held Sept. 22-24 at Finca Cortesin in Andalucia, Spain. One week later, the Ryder Cup will be held in Italy, giving European sports fans a rare two-week spectacle of competition and patriotic fervor.

With a full week of action set to take place at the 2021 Solheim Cup, fans can purchase various ticket and hospitality packages to enjoy every activity in Toledo at Inverness Club. New in 2021 is the Solheim Pavilion, which will give ticketholders a 300-degree view of the surrounding holes, upgraded food and beverage options and much more. Information on ticket options and prices is available at SolheimCupUSA.com.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-24-2020, 02:17 PM

Teh One Who Knocks
03-09-2021, 01:56 PM
:shock:

And then he did it again on Sunday in the final round :shock:

Godfather
03-10-2021, 04:42 AM
Bryson has rocks for his brain, but damn is he entertaining :lol:

FBD
03-10-2021, 11:59 AM
Tough to do 310 in the air, I used to be able to do it

Godfather
03-11-2021, 06:40 AM
That's impressive, I'd kill to ever drive 300 or even 275 consistently for that matter :lol:

20 years ago it was only Daly driving 300 on average. A decade ago there were still maybe only a dozen guys averaging 300 yard drives, but now it's the norm.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-11-2021, 11:25 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Bo798aM.png

https://i.imgur.com/9evXNYg.png

Godfather
03-12-2021, 07:30 AM
Ya I think the top 80-ish guys are averaging 300+ now on that first list eh?

If you set the year back to 2010 or so, I think it's only 6 or 8 driving 300 on average. Wild. I'm sure club technology is a big part too.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-12-2021, 11:37 AM
Ya I think the top 80-ish guys are averaging 300+ now on that first list eh?

If you set the year back to 2010 or so, I think it's only 6 or 8 driving 300 on average. Wild. I'm sure club technology is a big part too.

Close, it was 12 players back in 2010:

https://i.imgur.com/h84laIv.png

And then go back 10 more years:

https://i.imgur.com/Em2HcVy.png

Godfather
04-12-2021, 01:43 AM
Hideki Matsuyama won the Masters and became the first Japanese man to win a major. Had tears in his eyes after he putted out. As always what a great tournament. Feels like you've gone back in time with that scenery and the piano music playing. Definitely a life goal to get tickets one day, I enter the lottery most years so we'll see.

Was pulling for young Will Zalatoris too but I think he's got a big career ahead of him.

Goofy
04-12-2021, 09:08 AM
Hideki Matsuyama won the Masters and became the first Japanese man to win a major. Had tears in his eyes after he putted out. As always what a great tournament. Feels like you've gone back in time with that scenery and the piano music playing. Definitely a life goal to get tickets one day, I enter the lottery most years so we'll see.

Was pulling for young Will Zalatoris too but I think he's got a big career ahead of him.
I felt a bit sorry for Xander Schauffle, was on a charge, then one slight mistake, triple bogey, game over :(

Godfather
04-13-2021, 04:58 AM
I felt a bit sorry for Xander Schauffle, was on a charge, then one slight mistake, triple bogey, game over :(

Agreed, when he went in the drink on 16 I was crushed for him.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-25-2021, 10:35 AM
By Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

Brooks Koepka and Bryson DeChambeau’s rivalry on and off the golf course has been well documented and a video shared on social media on Monday night underscored the intensity between the two.

The video appeared to show Koepka about to do an interview with the GOLF Channel after finishing tied for second at the PGA Championship behind Phil Mickelson who became the oldest golfer to win a major. Koepka was about to answer a question when DeChambeau appeared to walk in the shot behind him.

Koepka was asked what he was able to do well.

"I didn’t putt well but I don’t think any of the guys were going to putt well with this wind. It’s very tough. I don’t know what the other guys have said or … I just found it difficult to read sometimes …"

Koepka lost his train of thought and closed his eyes in disgust as DeChambeau stared to walk by. He took a big sigh and rolled his eyes.

"…. Sometimes, um … I lost my train of thought, yeah. Hearing that bulls—t."

WARNING EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
He appeared to mutter "f—king Christ" under his breath.

The two have a noted rivalry. Koepka complained in January 2019 about DeChambeau’s pace on the course. DeChambeau admitted in October 2020 he tried to break the ice between themselves but apparently to no avail.

With two major tournaments down and two still ahead, the rivalry between the two is certainly not simmering down any time soon.

Godfather
05-27-2021, 03:31 AM
A few years back, I bit on some stupid rumors that Phil wasn't a great guy because a couple guys on tour talked some shit.... I think I was completely wrong about him, he's awesome.

If it wasn't for Tiger, I'm sure he'd be known as the greatest golfer in generations.

This is really a nice recap of how great he is with fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-BDE21cdKc

Teh One Who Knocks
05-28-2021, 02:57 PM
I've never heard that Phil was anything other than a great guy.

FBD
06-01-2021, 05:43 PM
The two have a noted rivalry. Koepka complained in January 2019 about DeChambeau’s pace on the course.pace is a weapon too

https://pics.me.me/tate-56-terry-tate-mindgames-quickmeme-50035633.png

Fodster
06-02-2021, 11:49 AM

yeh, I am not sure why I disliked him so much, maybe cos he was tigers challenger, but the more you watch, the more you see on social media and live golf, you have to love the guy! In fact he's a fucking legend!

Teh One Who Knocks
06-02-2021, 11:52 AM
yeh, I am not sure why I disliked him so much, maybe cos he was tigers challenger, but the more you watch, the more you see on social media and live golf, you have to love the guy! In fact he's a fucking legend!

And the day when he does finally retire, I hope he moves to the broadcast booth because he will be AWESOME in that role.

Fodster
06-02-2021, 11:55 AM
And the day when he does finally retire, I hope he moves to the broadcast booth because he will be AWESOME in that role.

100%, I think he will will give the young guns a run on the PGA for a few years and then flirt around the seniors for a few years after that, i reckon we have another 10 years min of this legend!

I may even start a Mickleson thread for some of his tweets, videos and just general legenderayness! :)

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2021, 12:06 PM
19-9? :-s Did anyone from the Euro side show up? :confused: Worst loss for the Euro team in history.

:usa: :usa: :usa:

https://i.imgur.com/UfyHeLa.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2021, 03:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J28Hs2QNVls

Teh One Who Knocks
09-29-2021, 10:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n8Tv7Swv20

This shot was insane.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-08-2022, 08:30 PM

Godfather
02-09-2022, 03:12 AM
:lol: Doesn't get any cooler

RBP
02-09-2022, 03:54 AM
My brother in law this past summer, a significant bet on the line on 18, lined up his putt while starring at me the whole time. Never looked down and putted, still staring at me... drained the putt and my wallet. Dick. :lol:

Godfather
02-28-2022, 05:10 AM

Oof.. thought's on Phil's recent comments about the PGA? Looks like he's lost a lot of sponsors and doesn't have anyone backing him on the tour...

Teh One Who Knocks
02-28-2022, 12:11 PM
Oof.. thought's on Phil's recent comments about the PGA? Looks like he's lost a lot of sponsors and doesn't have anyone backing him on the tour...

Yeah, it's not good. Talk about a tone deaf thing to say. I can understand wanting to support something that could compete against the PGA and bring fresh money and tournaments into the game, but he should have just completely left the politics out of his statement. It makes him sound nothing more than callous and greedy.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-28-2022, 04:50 PM
Maybe breaking out the putter for the bunker shot wasn't that good an idea :-k

:lol:

Godfather
03-06-2022, 01:12 AM
:lol: Played with a random guy the other day who said he likes to watch highlights of pros fucking up before his round to help him mentally, and wanted to try it myself. This is good stuff.

RBP
03-06-2022, 01:22 AM
:lol: Played with a random guy the other day who said he likes to watch highlights of pros fucking up before his round to help him mentally, and wanted to try it myself. This is good stuff.

I might try a mental golf app this summer. Eyeing Imagine Golf...

Godfather
03-07-2022, 12:20 AM
I might try a mental golf app this summer. Eyeing Imagine Golf...

Will definitely check that out.

Do you have some friends you golf with? We've been using this app The Grint the last year or so. It's great while you're playing for keeping scores and the range finder using GPS on your phone is within a yard or two of my buddies with expensive range-finders. It's also social, so you can get notifications when your friends are playing rounds and see their scores. Pretty cool app with a ton of features.

RBP
03-07-2022, 02:51 AM
Will definitely check that out.

Do you have some friends you golf with? We've been using this app The Grint the last year or so. It's great while you're playing for keeping scores and the range finder using GPS on your phone is within a yard or two of my buddies with expensive range-finders. It's also social, so you can get notifications when your friends are playing rounds and see their scores. Pretty cool app with a ton of features.

Nice. Thanks. I had to come back to read your whole post... All I read was "do you have some friends" and I curled up crying.

Godfather
03-07-2022, 06:56 AM
:lol: My bad, I think I said that because honestly living in Vancouver where it's so expensive to live, let alone golf, I dont have many friends to golf with. I play mostly with my brother, my dad and 2-3 buddies. Sadly golf just isn't that popular with people my age, too pricey I think.

RBP
03-07-2022, 11:55 PM
:lol: My bad, I think I said that because honestly living in Vancouver where it's so expensive to live, let alone golf, I dont have many friends to golf with. I play mostly with my brother, my dad and 2-3 buddies. Sadly golf just isn't that popular with people my age, too pricey I think.

Yes, too pricey, but a unnecessarily plush $3000 a month apartment and $100 craft beer bar tabs are totally fine.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2022, 02:17 PM
By Amanda Prestigiacomo - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/b3RiOXNh.jpeg

LPGA star golfer Nelly Korda, 23, is out indefinitely after being diagnosed with a blood clot, the athlete shared via social media.

Korda is currently ranked No. 2 in the world and took home the gold during the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. “Korda had a banner year in 2021,” Just Women’s Sports noted. “She won four times last season, capturing her first major at the KPMG Women’s PGA Championship.”

“On Friday, I was in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL for a photoshoot and a commercial appearance,” Korda posted to her Instagram and Twitter accounts. “After a typical morning workout, my arm started to feel like it was swelling. At the advice of my doctor, I went to the emergency room as a precaution. I was diagnosed with a blood clot.”

“I am currently at home getting treatment to eliminate further risks,” the 23-year-old continued. “I will communicate my status as and when there is more information. In the meantime, I want to thank everyone for their support and ask for privacy for all our family during this time. I hope to be back soon! Thank you.”
Korda has been battling for the No. 1 spot in the women’s golf game with Ko Jin-young. The pair are set to meet at a tournament in two weeks, but it remains unclear if Korda will be able to compete, CNN reported:

The 23-year-old American has been fighting for the world No. 1 spot with Ko Jin-young, and they are scheduled to meet for the first time this season at the Chevron Championship — formerly the ANA Inspiration — in Rancho Mirage, California. That tournament begins in two weeks, on March 31.

Korda gave no indication regarding her scheduled return. The setback continues her difficult start to the season following a 20th place finish at the Gainbridge LPGA at Boca Rico tournament and the loss of her world No. 1 ranking which she had held for 29 consecutive weeks.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-09-2022, 02:09 PM
By Kyle Porter - CBS Sports

https://i.imgur.com/sLa9rmn.jpg

Less than an hour after LIV Golf officially teed off its first Invitational Series event on Thursday, the PGA Tour responded by handing down suspensions to players who previously competed in its league. PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan officially announced that players participating in this or any future LIV Golf events will no longer be allowed to play on the PGA Tour.

Monahan was unclear, perhaps purposefully so, about the length of the suspensions in a statement released by the PGA Tour:

We have followed the tournament regulations from start to finish in responding to those players who have decided to turn their backs on the PGA Tour by willfully violating a regulation.

Simultaneous to you receiving this memo, the players are being notified that they are suspended or otherwise no longer eligible to participate in PGA Tour tournament play, including the Presidents Cup. This applies to all tours sanctioned by the PGA Tour ... As you know, players listed below did not receive the necessary conflicting event and media rights releases -- or did not apply for releases at all -- and their participation in the Saudi Golf League/LIV Golf events is in violation of our tournament regulations. The same fate holds true for any other players who participate in future Saudi Golf League events in violation of our regulations.

Of the 17 golfers named in the letter, 10 had previously resigned their memberships. The other seven, including Phil Mickelson, were active members as of Thursday morning. Regardless of membership status, players choosing to play for LIV Golf will effectively be treated the same by the PGA Tour.

"Players who resigned will be removed from the FedEx Cup points list and are not permitted to play in PGA Tour events as non-members or via sponsor exemptions," according to the Tour.

At the conclusion of his letter, Monahan pivoted to what makes the PGA Tour special and encouraged players to press in on both the history and the meritocracy of the PGA Tour.

"I am certain our fans and partners -- who are surely tired of all this talk of money, money and more money -- will continue to be entertained and compelled by the world-class competition you display each and every week, where there are true consequences for every shot you take and your rightful place in history whenever you reach that elusive winner's circle," he said.

LIV Golf responded quickly with a statement of its own.

"Today's announcement by the PGA Tour is vindictive and it deepens the divide between the Tour and its members," said LIV Golf in a statement provided as a response to the suspensions. "It's troubling that the Tour, an organization dedicated to creating opportunities for golfers to play the game, is the entity blocking golfers from playing. This certainly is not the last word on this topic. The era of free agency is beginning as we are proud to have a full field of players joining us in London, and beyond."

Fodster
06-10-2022, 05:29 AM
Too fucking right, not that they will be bothered, most have earned more joining the tour than Tiger did in PGA Tour winnings!

Godfather
06-17-2022, 06:51 AM
I dono what to think just yet... on one hand, get your bag. Less golf for more money, and guaranteed no less? That's huge for the fringe players on the tour who spend thousands traveling to events and might miss cuts and make squat... but I'm pessimistic this will work out. It's fascinating though, I don't remember a time when a major sport had a disruptor come in quite like this?

Fodster
06-17-2022, 09:18 AM
In football they wanted a break away Best of the Best league, most League Associations pretty much said if you join you wont play in this league again!

Godfather
07-29-2022, 08:45 PM
Bubba joined LIV now too. Not a huge loss for the PGA in terms of his quality of play, but that's another very recognizable personality gone.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2022, 01:10 PM
How much longer is the PGA going to let this go on before they make some changes?

deebakes
08-01-2022, 01:37 PM
until the master's decides what they are going to do with LIV players. if they are banned from the masters, the pga lives. if not, the pga is in serious trouble

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2022, 01:40 PM
until the master's decides what they are going to do with LIV players. if they are banned from the masters, the pga lives. if not, the pga is in serious trouble

I haven't seen, have the other 3 majors decided to allow LIV tour players? I know the LIV tour has petitioned for recognition.

deebakes
08-01-2022, 01:50 PM
nope, everyone (from what i understand) is waiting on the master's to make the call and the others will likely fall in line with what they decide

Fodster
08-02-2022, 11:36 AM
Some of the LIV players, played at the Open

I believe, they originally said they couldn't play and someone threatened a lawsuit and they changed their mind

Teh One Who Knocks
08-02-2022, 03:07 PM

https://i.imgur.com/OzEz3wL.jpg

The rumors, it appears, were true. Tiger Woods was not only offered a king's ransom to leave the PGA Tour and join LIV Golf, he turned down approximately three-quarters of a billion dollars to do so.

LIV Golf CEO Greg Norman confirmed this week on Fox News that Woods turned down somewhere in the neighborhood of $700 million or $800 million to flip the script on the PGA Tour.

"That number was out there before I became CEO," said Norman. "So, that number has been out there, yes. And look, Tiger is a needle-mover, right? So, of course you are going to look at the best of the best. So, they had originally approached Tiger before I became CEO. So, yes, that [offer was] somewhere in that neighborhood."

Previously, Norman had not confirmed a specific number, only saying that the offer to Woods from LIV was in the "high nine digits."

It was recently announced that Woods has crossed the threshold to become a billionaire, so he didn't necessarily need another $750 million, it's still an eye-popping number to not only be offered but reject. It also would have multiplied his career PGA Tour earnings by a healthy factor.

Woods has made $120.9 million on the PGA Tour. All the other money he's earned has come from off-course endorsements.

It was smart of LIV to offer Woods this much money, and there's probably not a number too high that it wouldn't have been worth it for the league as long as its goal is still to upend the PGA Tour and DP World Tour as the preeminent golf tour in the world. The players they need for that to happen -- the Justin Thomases, Rory McIlroys, Jordan Spieths and Scottie Schefflers -- grew up idolizing Woods. Even if Woods moving over to LIV didn't completely convince them to make the leap, it would at least make them think twice.

Tiger, though, doesn't sound like he ever put much thought into taking the offer. When asked last month at The Open Championship about everyone moving to LIV, he sounded perplexed by the idea, especially considering LIV players currently don't get Official World Golf Rankings points, which might preclude them from playing in future major championships.

"The players who have chosen to go to LIV and ... to play there, I disagree with it," said Woods. "I think that what they've done is they've turned their back on what has allowed them to get to this position. Some players have never got a chance to even experience it. They've gone right from the amateur ranks right into that organization and never really got a chance to play out here and what it feels like to play a Tour schedule or to play in some big events.

"And who knows what's going to happen in the near future with world ranking points, the criteria for entering major championships. The governing body is going to have to figure that out. Some of these players may not ever get a chance to play in major championships. That is a possibility. We don't know that for sure yet. It's up to all the major championship bodies to make that determination. But that is a possibility that some players will never, ever get a chance to play in a major championship, never get a chance to experience this right here, walk down the fairways at Augusta National.

"That, to me, I just don't understand it."

The irony here is that Woods no longer needs OWGR points himself to play major championships. As a winner of all four majors, the 46-year-old is exempt into The Open and the PGA Championship until he's 60, and he's exempt into the Masters for life. His U.S. Open exemption runs for another year, and he will almost certainly receive more exemptions from the USGA after that.

"But what these players are doing for guaranteed money, what is the incentive to practice?" Woods said. "What is the incentive to go out there and earn it in the dirt? You're just getting paid a lot of money up front and playing a few events and playing 54 holes. They're playing blaring music and have all these atmospheres that are different.

"I just don't see how that move is positive in the long term for a lot of these players, especially if the LIV organization doesn't get world-ranking points and the major championships change their criteria for entering the events. It would be sad to see some of these young kids never get a chance to experience it and experience what we've got a chance to experience and walk these hallowed grounds and play in these championships."

Godfather
08-02-2022, 04:42 PM
"But what these players are doing for guaranteed money, what is the incentive to practice?" Woods said. "What is the incentive to go out there and earn it in the dirt? You're just getting paid a lot of money up front and playing a few events and playing 54 holes. They're playing blaring music and have all these atmospheres that are different.

Man this is so tough. It is kind of unfair IMO for Tiger to say 'earn it in the dirt' - he's able to actually do it. As a golf fan, my dad is hard-core anti-LIV for all these reasons too, the 'history and prestige' of the PGA tour, as well as it being dirty money. He hates this LIV stuff.

But for other guys where LIV is clearly a massive lifestyle boost, how can I judge? If I'm some low to mid-tier PGA guy, or at the trail and of my career and haven't made Tiger money... I'd by lying if I said I wouldn't want the payday.

deebakes
08-03-2022, 12:39 AM
interestingly, there is a huge wave of funding for basic science research (like what i do in my lab that requires competing for federal grant dollars) coming from saudia arabia in the not too distant future. the field is very divided on whether to go after it or not. it's very similar to the LIV. my lab is not in trouble right now so i am not planning to go after it. if the situation changes and getting grant funding becomes even more difficult, i might have to think about it

Fodster
08-03-2022, 01:18 PM
Man this is so tough. It is kind of unfair IMO for Tiger to say 'earn it in the dirt' - he's able to actually do it. As a golf fan, my dad is hard-core anti-LIV for all these reasons too, the 'history and prestige' of the PGA tour, as well as it being dirty money. He hates this LIV stuff.

But for other guys where LIV is clearly a massive lifestyle boost, how can I judge? If I'm some low to mid-tier PGA guy, or at the trail and of my career and haven't made Tiger money... I'd by lying if I said I wouldn't want the payday.

I am the same, 100%, hate the thought of another tour after all these years watching the PGA, but like you say, playing as a low earning tour pro and get offered 30m, I am in!

Godfather
08-04-2022, 03:50 AM
I am the same, 100%, hate the thought of another tour after all these years watching the PGA, but like you say, playing as a low earning tour pro and get offered 30m, I am in!

Right?

I think the fundamental problem is that the PGA is a non-profit. Run it like a real for-profit business and you'll save it. It's not as easy as flipping the switch, they'd have to make some real changes too to make it more interesting to fans. Some of the mid-season non-major tournaments frankly just suck. I once went to the Canadian Open and it was a snooze fest. A bunch of big names skipped because a major was the next week, it was dull for fans, just not a good experience at all.

Have more events like the Ryder cup with teams and rivalries. Have less events but make them more fun for younger fans to get invested in. The PGA is too puritan to thrive in this age IMO.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-10-2022, 12:38 PM
Mark Schlabach - ESPN Senior Writer

https://i.imgur.com/AOaBPKh.png

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- A federal judge on Tuesday denied a temporary restraining order to three golfers who were seeking to participate in the FedEx Cup Playoffs after leaving the PGA Tour for the upstart LIV Golf Invitational Series.

The players, Talor Gooch, Matt Jones and Hudson Swafford, were seeking relief to participate in the first leg of the playoffs, at this week's FedEx St. Jude Championship at TPC Southwind.

The top 125 players in the FedEx Cup standings are eligible to compete in the FedEx St. Jude Championship. Gooch is 20th in the standings, Jones is 65th and Swafford is 67th. PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan suspended the players after they appeared in LIV Golf tournaments without conflicting-event releases from the tour.

U.S. District Court Judge Beth Labson Freeman, of the Northern District of California, ruled that the LIV players had not made their case of irreparable harm and agreed with the tour's position that the players' argument for emergency relief was of "their own making."

"It appears to the court that the LIV contracts, negotiated by the players and consummated between the parties, were based upon the players' calculation of what they would be leaving behind and the amount the players would need to monetize to compensate for those losses," Freeman said in her ruling. "I do agree with the defendants [the PGA Tour] that those losses were well known to the players at the time and clearly monetized."

Freeman noted that LIV Golf affords the suspended players an opportunity to play elite golf in the United States with guaranteed pay. "And, in fact, the evidence shows that it seems almost without a doubt that they will be earning more than they have made and could reasonably have expected to make in a reasonable amount of time under the PGA [Tour]."

"They made a business decision to receive money," PGA Tour lawyer Elliot Peters argued during the hearing. "They have made in the last two months more money than they've ever made on the PGA Tour. They have already been paid to compensate for what they are here complaining about."

LIV Golf officials said in a statement they were "disappointed" at Freeman's decision. "No one gains by banning golfers from playing," the statement read.

The PGA Tour said in a statement, "With today's news, our players, fans and partners can now focus on what really matters over the next three weeks: the best players in the world competing in the FedExCup Playoffs, capping off an incredibly compelling season with the crowning of the FedExCup champion at the TOUR Championship."

Gooch, Jones and Swafford and eight other LIV Golf players, including Phil Mickelson and Bryson DeChambeau, filed an antitrust lawsuit against the PGA Tour in federal court last week.

Freeman told attorneys that her court's first availability for a trial on the antitrust lawsuit would be September 2023. If that date doesn't work, the trial might not happen until 2025. That is significant because LIV players aren't currently receiving Official World Golf Ranking points for LIV events. LIV Golf recently submitted an application to OWGR for consideration.

deebakes
08-11-2022, 01:00 AM
:excellent:

Fodster
08-12-2022, 09:18 AM
Fuck em all! Cunts. They want their cake! Fair play to the PGA standing up!

Godfather
08-13-2022, 12:26 AM
Yup, I'm fine with that. Can't have your cake and eat it too. You go play in Europe for hockey and your team doesn't still get to compete for the Stanley Cup either. Simple as that. I'm still riding the fence on the LIV tour but I absolutely think the PGA should defend itself against guys who want it both ways.

Fodster
08-18-2022, 03:19 AM
Its hotting up, lawsuits flying around everywhere!

Tiger involved!

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/golf-2022-tiger-woods-private-jet-pga-tour-players-meeting-liv-threat-005711518.html

Fodster
09-06-2022, 01:13 PM
Plenty more jumping ship and now the PGA have found extra money they can give in prize money ...

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2022, 01:03 PM
By Coleman Bentley - Golf Digest

https://i.imgur.com/eHAkMdk.png

Buckle up, folks. We have a hole-in-one car controversy brewing in Arkansas! This week, a Conway man by the name of Austin Clagett filed a lawsuit against Morrilton Country Club. Clagett played in the club’s “Tournament of the Century” on Saturday, a three-person scramble format with a buy-in of $375. Before the tournament, Morrilton Country Club promoted a 2022 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercrew as a prize for the first person to hit a hole-in-one of the course’s 10th hole. That truck had a sticker of prize of $53,595 and was allegedly donated by nearby Ford dealership Jay Hodge Ford of Morriltown. So far, so good.

But here’s where the problems start. Against all odds, Clagett went out and aced the 10th hole. According to reports, it was a good, clean ace. It didn’t happen on a provisional. It didn’t happen out of turn. A letter-of-the-law "one." When Clagett went to claim his new ride after round, however, Morrilton Country Club wouldn’t turn over the keys.

Clagett’s lawyer Andrew Norwood issued the following statement on behalf of his client:

“This is about doing what is right. Mr. Clagett lived up to his end of the deal when he got the hole-in-one and now Morrilton Country Club and Jay Hodge Ford of Morrilton want to crawfish out of the deal. If they didn’t want to pay up when Mr. Clagett got a hole-in-one, they shouldn’t have offered the deal.”

Crawfish! In Arkansas, that’s how you know someone means business. Jay Hodge Ford says they were unable to secure the necessary insurance for the vehicle in time because they believed the vehicle was for display purposes only. Without their knowledge, Morrilton Country Club promoted the pickup as a hole-in-one prize, perhaps thinking no one would actually make a hole-in-one, a decision which has now backfired spectacularly.

Where this goes from here is anybody’s guess, but it sure sounds like somebody, somewhere is going to owe Clagett a new whip.

Godfather
10-14-2022, 05:35 AM
Ya somebody owes that guy a truck, hope he wins.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-14-2022, 10:21 AM
Ya somebody owes that guy a truck, hope he wins.

No kidding. A lot of golfers will NEVER ace a hole, and this guy did it by the rules on the hole where you can win a truck. To renege on that is ridiculous and none of their excuses hold water. Give him his truck.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-20-2022, 04:50 PM
Augusta National announced earlier this morning that LIV Tour players will be allowed to play in the 2023 Masters.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-06-2023, 04:56 PM

https://i.imgur.com/ULNMT5w.png

In a shocking and historic move, the PGA Tour, DP World Tour and Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund have agreed to a merger that will see the PIF's golf-related business (LIV Golf) combine with the other tours in what is being described as "a new, collectively owned, for-profit entity to ensure that all stakeholders benefit from a model that delivers maximum excitement and competition among the game's best players."

A Board of Directors will be appointed to manage the commercial golf business with the PGA Tour appointing a majority of the members and holding a majority voting interest. The new, unnamed business "will work to ensure a cohesive schedule of events that will be exciting for fans, sponsors and all stakeholders," according to the press release announcing the deal.

Other than the PGA Tour, DP World Tour and LIV Golf holding investments in the entity, the PIF will make a new, exclusive investment and retain exclusive rights to make further investments, including the opportunity to refuse any capital that may be invested.

The PIF, Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund, is believed to be among the largest of its kind globally with minority stakes in numerous major American and international businesses. In recent years, the PIF has entered a multi-million dollar deal with WWE, acquired Newcastle United FC and created LIV Golf under accusations of "sportswashing" -- using sports as propaganda to improve one's reputation and direct attention away from human rights and corruption scandals.

As for the specifics in terms of how this stunning development will play out across all three tours, it's too early to say.

The group claims the move is being made "to unify the game of golf, on a global basis" with a plan "to grow these combined commercial businesses, drive greater fan engagement and accelerate growth initiatives already underway." Furthermore, the tours "will work together to best feature and grow team golf going forward."

What is known is that the merger formally ends what was ongoing litigation between the PGA Tour and LIV Golf. It will also create a path for golfers to reapply for membership to the PGA Tour after the conclusion of the 2023 season.

Furthermore, it appears the tours will continue to run independently with respective administrative oversight. The PGA Tour will remain a 501(c)(6) tax exempt organization with Jay Monahan as its commissioner, though PIF governor Yasir Al-Rumayyan will join the Tour's policy board.

LIV Golf, completely financed by the PIF, debuted in 2022 as a direct rival to the PGA Tour. It spent significant guaranteed money to acquire some of the game's best and most notable players, including Brooks Koepka, Dustin Johnson, Phil Mickelson, Sergio Garcia, Bryson DeChambeau, Cameron Smith and Joaquin Niemann. The PGA Tour revoked those players' ability to play in its league as consternation between the tours continued into LIV's second season. The PGA Tour subsequently reworked its schedule and payment structure to ensure its star players earned more than ever before with designated events featuring $20 million purses put in place with ensure as much.

"After two years of disruption and distraction, this is a historic day for the game we all know and love," Monahan said in a statement. "This transformational partnership recognizes the immeasurable strength of the PGA Tour's history, legacy and pro-competitive model and combines with it the DP World Tour and LIV -- including the team golf concept -- to create an organization that will benefit golf's players, commercial and charitable partners and fans.

"Going forward, fans can be confident that we will, collectively, deliver on the promise we've always made -- to promote competition of the best in professional golf and that we are committed to securing and driving the game's future.

"We are pleased to move forward, in step with LIV and PIF's world-class investing experience, and I applaud PIF governor Yasir Al-Rumayyan for his vision and collaborative and forward-thinking approach that is not just a solution to the rift in our game, but also a commitment to taking it to new heights. This will engender a new era in global golf, for the better."

The merger is expected to be finalized in the coming months. A meeting with PGA Tour players is expected to be held Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-06-2023, 05:02 PM
By Chris Bengel - CBS Sports

The PGA Tour has come to an agreement to merge with the Saudi-backed LIV Golf league in a deal that will see the two biggest forces in the sport become one massive entity. The two sides will combine into a new for-profit company, and as part of the agreement, the DP World Tour, also known as the European Tour, is also involved in the merger.

The new entity "will work to ensure a cohesive schedule of events that will be exciting for fans, sponsors and all stakeholders," per a press release from the PGA Tour.

LIV Golf is supported by Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund, which is a financial enterprise controlled by the Saudi government. The entity had been engaged in antitrust lawsuits with the PGA Tour over the last calendar year. As a result of this new merger, all of that pending litigation would come to an end.

The Public Investment Fund will invest billions of dollars in new capital into this new entity, according to CNBC's David Faber. The specific teams of this merger have yet to be announced.

Upon learning of this landscape-shifting news, several of the world's top golfers from both the PGA Tour and LIV Golf, as well as other sports figures, weighed in on the news via Twitter.
Koepka -- fresh off becoming the first LIV golfer to win a major title at the 2023 PGA Championship -- is referencing Golf Channel's Brandel Chamblee, who has been outspoken with his thoughts on LIV Golf's connection to the Saudi government. He recently tweeted that LIV Golf "is not so much a sports entity as it is MBS / Saudi Arabia trying to hide their atrocities and launder its reputation by buying sports stars."

Godfather
06-07-2023, 04:32 AM
Incredibly confusing and bizarre. Massive fuck you to the PGA guys who stayed loyal and said no to filthy Saudi money.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-07-2023, 11:29 AM
Incredibly confusing and bizarre. Massive fuck you to the PGA guys who stayed loyal and said no to filthy Saudi money.

Imagine how Tiger feels. He turned down a reported $700 to $800 million to join LIV last year. :shock:

Godfather
06-12-2023, 04:29 AM
Aw man Nick Taylor won the Canadian Open, first time in 69 years a Canadian has won it, and did it with an incredible 72 yard putt.

I'm so happy for him, and for the Canadian Open too. So much distraction and bullshit, between covid, LIV players leaving last year right as the Open started, and then LIV/PGA merging this week, it's been cursed with poorly timed distractions 3-4 years straight... makes this win all that much more sweet to see.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2023, 03:04 PM
Aw man Nick Taylor won the Canadian Open, first time in 69 years a Canadian has won it, and did it with an incredible 72 yard putt.

I'm so happy for him, and for the Canadian Open too. So much distraction and bullshit, between covid, LIV players leaving last year right as the Open started, and then LIV/PGA merging this week, it's been cursed with poorly timed distractions 3-4 years straight... makes this win all that much more sweet to see.

Godfather
06-12-2023, 05:34 PM
Did you see fellow Canadian Adam Hadwin get tackled trying to celebrate with him? :lol: So good

Teh One Who Knocks
06-13-2023, 09:25 AM
Did you see fellow Canadian Adam Hadwin get tackled trying to celebrate with him? :lol: So good

That's what's in the tweet I posted above :-s

Teh One Who Knocks
06-13-2023, 02:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpu0X9XWrt8

Just amazing.

Godfather
06-14-2023, 02:07 AM
That's what's in the tweet I posted above :-s

Weird I guess the tweet didn't load :lol: Anyways, all time golf moment for sure.

FBD
02-26-2024, 03:08 PM
Golf, disc golf, whatever :lol:

Damned DGN, I watched the second round of the Chess.com disc golf tourney yesterday on youtube since I was busy saturday, heck of a round

Anthony Barela, Ricky Wysocki, couple others in at -6 after first round
AB goes -4 on front, Wysocki +2
Wysocki then goes on a tear -8 for the back 9 to pull within one of AB to close rd 2
Start watching the final round on DGN yesterday, Wysocki ties AB first hole
Shit, gotta go to mom's for dinner
Come back and try to play live feed, it goes for a little bit then ends and I cant finish watching it, gotta wait for Jomez or someone to put it up
:slap:

heck of a finish, Ricky went wack on the front again and went hot on the back again, but as he only ran -7 on the back this last day, Barela was able to lay up a 30 footer for a tap in par & win by 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx6-B3ypDhU