PDA

View Full Version : Philly pair facing drug raps after incident at convenience store

Teh One Who Knocks
10-02-2012, 10:59 AM
By LINDA REILLY - Times Correspondent

http://i.imgur.com/0RJgN.jpg

UPPER DARBY — A Philadelphia woman is facing drug-dealing charges after allegedly concealing 36 glass vials of suspected cocaine in her vagina, police said.

The bizarre incident involved a person who was allegedly buying drugs and felt threatened after being ordered to get more money at 4:52 a.m. Saturday at the Wawa convenience store, 460 S. 69th St.

Ashley Bellamy, 22, of the 2300 block of North Bouvier Street, and Marcus Gibson, 23, of the 4500 block of North 18th Street, both of Philadelphia, were arrested and charged with drug violations.

“The call came in from an individual buying drugs in a parking lot of the Wawa,” police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said. “He claims he gave the operator of the vehicle $50 and was told to go back in the Wawa and get more money. He goes into the Wawa and calls 911 and reports a man with a gun.

“When police responded, Gibson, the operator, and Bellamy, a passenger, were ordered out of the car. They noticed the female was walking like she had something concealed between her legs and Bellamy says, ‘I’ve got crack in my vagina.’ A female officer was summoned and finds 36 vials of cocaine. Bellamy claims when police pull up, Gibson removes the drugs from the vehicle’s handrest, gives her the drugs and says, ‘Hide ’em.’”

The substance tested positive for cocaine, police said.

Police seized $646 from Bellamy’s handbag.

According to Chitwood, the complainant, a Sicklerville, N.J., man, was not charged because there the drug transaction never occurred.

Bellamy and Gibson were arraigned on charges of violation of the Health and Safety Act for drug possession and drug dealing.

Magisterial District Judge Kelly Micozzie-Aguirre set bail at l0 percent of $75,000 each pending a preliminary hearing Oct. 15 in district court.

deebakes
10-03-2012, 01:44 AM
:drool:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-03-2012, 03:45 PM
‘I’ve got crack in my vagina.’

Quote of the week