PDA

View Full Version : NHL 2011 Playoff Predictions Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Shady
04-25-2011, 03:43 AM
I guess it doesn't help your cause, Godfather, that the Hawks are playing like they got nothing to lose. The pressure is on Vancouver in game 7.

DemonGeminiX
04-25-2011, 05:23 AM
Honest to God... I don't know if I can watch this elimination game a 3rd year in a row.

I need ideas. What can I do to ignore it and find out at a later date?! Maybe I'll go to a movie

:-k

Do something with your girlfriend? Or... you could face it like a man with your eyes open.

Godfather
04-25-2011, 05:47 AM
I guess it doesn't help your cause, Godfather, that the Hawks are playing like they got nothing to lose. The pressure is on Vancouver in game 7.

Honestly to me it looked like Vancouver played game 6 as an elimination game and Chicago wasn't playing anywhere their hardest... now they have to bring that same intensity again and face the desperate Chicago from games 4 & 5 :wha: It's going to be wild.... as much as I bitch, I'm very much looking forward to it.

But I totally agree shade. This is the Canuck's Armageddon. The pressure is on. Never in Hockey has a 1st place team lost to the 8th place team after going up 3-0. Never. This is a team first in points, PK, GAA, GF... the list goes on. So if the 'great' Vancouver Canucks lose on Tuesday to the Blackhawks for a 3rd year, to a team that squeaked into the playoffs... it will have implications that span far beyond this season. The entire club would change. It would start with a coaching change, and perhaps the GM and his staff too. But the fans will change the most. The consecutive sellout streak spanning over 10 seasons will come to an abrupt end. The bandwagon will be empty, and true fans too will stray. A disappointment that tremendous isn't something you can forgive over the summer. It would be very sad and very interesting.

Shady
04-25-2011, 06:22 AM
For your sanity's sake, you better hope that if the Hawks win its in a close ass game, not a blowout.

Luongo may be getting traded if they fail horribly, me thinks. I'm just speculating though.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-25-2011, 12:03 PM
Even though I picked the Canuckleheads to win the series, I have to say I'm pulling for the Hawks to win the series now. Having the President's Trophy winning team lose to the #8 seed in the first round after being up 3 games to none will definitely be worse than the Bruins collapse against Philly last year and everyone will remember this collapse and the B's failure won't be as bad :lol:

Joebob034
04-25-2011, 03:24 PM
I gotta say I don't agree with not starting Luongo. With a premier goalie like that, you're saying you have no confidence in him as a coach by sitting him. You gotta wonder what Luongo thinks of his coach now.

samarchepas
04-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Well it was 3-0...now 3-3...the coach HAS to do something to "shake up" his team.If they lose the next one...he is most likely to be fired before the next season.

Shady
04-25-2011, 04:41 PM
I agree with what Vigneault did there, and not just because the hawks won. The previous two games they had floundered horribly and Luongo wasn't looking like the star he was during the regular season. He said in the press conference afterwards that they've played both goalies throughout the year so it wasn't like Schneider wasn't capable. And he changed up the flow of things, the canucks came out fighting. And if you're gonna blame anyone for that loss, blame Bieksa for tripping Frolik. Who knows if Frolik would have scored without the penalty shot. But it happened and that tied the game.

Godfather
04-25-2011, 05:34 PM
For your sanity's sake, you better hope that if the Hawks win its in a close ass game, not a blowout.

Luongo may be getting traded if they fail horribly, me thinks. I'm just speculating though.
The close game was harder last night than the blow-outs :lol: A lot harder. For sanity sake, the only outcome is that we win. Any other outcome from this team is so unacceptable it's hard to calculate the ramifications.

I gotta say I don't agree with not starting Luongo. With a premier goalie like that, you're saying you have no confidence in him as a coach by sitting him. You gotta wonder what Luongo thinks of his coach now.

Word around here is that he is injured as well. The scuttlebutt is basically that he's hurting and told Coach V to put in Schneids...

Nobody other than mindless bandwagon fans would bench a Vezina candidate for a rookie otherwise anyways

samarchepas
04-25-2011, 09:15 PM
The close game was harder last night than the blow-outs :lol: A lot harder. For sanity sake, the only outcome is that we win. Any other outcome from this team is so unacceptable it's hard to calculate the ramifications.

Word around here is that he is injured as well. The scuttlebutt is basically that he's hurting and told Coach V to put in Schneids...

Nobody other than mindless bandwagon fans would bench a Vezina candidate for a rookie otherwise anyways

And if they win next game...He will probably get the job at some point in the playoffs, Schneider is great BUT he is still young...and thats his first season in the NHL.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-25-2011, 09:34 PM

Dunno if Luongo is even tradeable with that shiny 12 year $64 million contract he has. The Canuckleheads would probably have to eat a fair portion of it to get any team to trade for him...

samarchepas
04-25-2011, 09:53 PM
If Gomez is tradeable...:facepalm:

DemonGeminiX
04-25-2011, 09:57 PM
2 games today:

Pittsburgh @ Tampa Bay
Pittsburgh leads the series 3 games to 2

San Jose @ Los Angeles
San Jose leads the series 3 games to 2

Teh One Who Knocks
04-25-2011, 10:55 PM
What We Learned: Vigneault and his Roberto Luongo problem
By Ryan Lambert - Yahoo! Hockey Blog

http://i.imgur.com/SH9vL.jpg

Gotta give Alain Vigneault this: It was a bold move.

Not necessarily the right one or the prudent one, but a bold one.

The hockey world can pretty much agree at this point that Roberto Luongo's brain has been fundamentally broken several times over by the Chicago Blackhawks, and that in every passing game he finds new and interesting ways in which to blow up on the launch pad.

So Vigneault says "screw it." Canucks can't lose the series in Game 6. Trot out Cory Schneider in goal, see where that gets you. Worst he can do is the same as Luongo's been doing, right?

And for a while it looked like it was working. Schneider was unspectacular, and had frequent miscues getting the puck to his defensemen when he came out to play it — this directly led to Chicago's first two goals, obviously — but he wasn't having a Luongo-level meltdown and the Canucks were pumping enough past Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford, who was having troubles of his own, that they were actually ahead through 42 minutes.

But then the Canucks surrendered a penalty shot and Michael Frolik does twice the damage: Not only scoring the equalizer but also getting Schneider to move in such a way that he injures himself. Somewhere in the depths of the United Center, Luongo's eyes probably got as big as beach balls. But he came out and acquitted himself well enough, doing the minimum amount that was asked of him — which is to say hardly anything — to force OT.

But that he misplayed a relatively simple point shot spectacularly, and in doing so wound up flat on his face while Ben Smith of all people once again flung the game-winner past him … well, I guess that's more than most mentally battered goaltenders can handle. It was the most foregone of conclusions yet in these playoffs, and the only logical ending to the game once Luongo came in.

But the practical upshot of all this is that Vigneault has royally screwed himself for Game 7 on Tuesday.

By not starting Luongo on Sunday, he basically acquiesced to pressure from the world at large, admitting that no, the league's current definition of a Franchise Goalie was simply not capable of keeping his team in an important game against the Chicago Blackhawks.

Now he's in a no-win situation that he created all by himself because this move, at best, was never going to do anything but invite criticism.

It should be noted that the Canucks at least seemed to have some level of comfort and at times even an against-all-odds confidence with Luongo behind them, which was somewhat absent with Schneider between the pipes. Of course, that may have been sheer, blind panic that forced them to get the puck, carry it up ice as quickly as possible and for God's sake keep it in the attacking zone because the farther the puck is from Bobby Lou, the less of a chance he listlessly jabs it like a punch-drunk prizefighter straight onto the tape of an oncoming Blackhawk.

Suppose Schneider's good to go on Tuesday (and the coach seems to suggest this will be the case). Who does Vigneault start?

Does he give the go to the rookie with the wonky lower-body-injury who miscommunicates with his D, and thereby essentially says the team is done with Luongo for these playoffs — and further, kick off a summer full of uncomfortable questions?

Or does he give the nod to the guy who currently has the mental makeup of a nervous 2-year-old being taken to sit on Santa's lap, having given up 11 goals on his last 53 shots against, almost all of them his fault?

Because of this puzzling decision, there's no easy answer. Hell, now there's probably not even a good one. Vigneault made sure of that himself.

samarchepas
04-25-2011, 11:01 PM
IMO...the problem ain't in the net.Goalies get the blame most of the time because they are the last line of defense before a goal against is scored...the puck has to get through 5 players BEFORE getting to the goalie.(And they rarely score goals :lol:)

DemonGeminiX
04-26-2011, 01:44 AM
The Tampa Bay Lightning push a game 7 with the Pittsburgh Penguins, tieing the series at 3 all by winning game 6 by a score of 4 - 2.

Godfather
04-26-2011, 04:30 AM
I stood in a sports store today and just stared at a Blackhawks jersey hanging from the wall... just... stared at it

Shady
04-26-2011, 04:37 AM
It's such a thing of beauty isn't it.

samarchepas
04-26-2011, 04:43 AM
One of the best looking jerseys in the NHL imo (BTW I WANT the Canucks to win...just talking about the jersey...)

Godfather
04-26-2011, 04:48 AM
Yep, it's a favorite of mine. The native guy at work flipped out when he heard they were considering changing it because it was 'offensive' :lol: Everyone at least appreciates it

I'm not sure if I'm staring it down or considering purchasing it anymore...

DemonGeminiX
04-26-2011, 05:01 AM
The San Jose Sharks win their series, defeating the Los Angeles Kings in OT just as San Jose kills off an LA 5 minute major penalty from the remaining minutes of the third period. The final score is 4-3 to end the series in 6 games.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-26-2011, 01:51 PM
:link: Luongo to start Game 7 for Canucks; Bickell out for Blackhawks (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Luongo-to-start-Game-7-for-Canucks-Bickell-out-;_ylt=Aj9QYWHZM1A2SdnQcYRhmRx7vLYF?urn=nhl-wp3443)

Joebob034
04-26-2011, 02:38 PM
It's such a thing of beauty isn't it.

:puke:

RBP
04-26-2011, 04:14 PM
:link: Luongo to start Game 7 for Canucks; Bickell out for Blackhawks (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Luongo-to-start-Game-7-for-Canucks-Bickell-out-;_ylt=Aj9QYWHZM1A2SdnQcYRhmRx7vLYF?urn=nhl-wp3443)

"Never a dull moment in this series. Even on the off days."

That's for sure!

Godfather
04-26-2011, 04:54 PM

Dammit hockey gods I prayed you'd take out Bolland not Bickell.... maybe I mumble or something :x

:lol: Interesting, thanks Lance. Should be a fantastic game. I lost sleep over it...

We so badly need Gold Medal Luongo to come out and play....

RBP
04-26-2011, 05:00 PM
We so badly need Gold Medal Luongo to come out and play....

High to the glove side, rinse, repeat.

Godfather
04-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Should would love to challenge RBP to a little 1v1 shinny :P Dammed spoiled Blackhawks fans :lol:

Godfather
04-26-2011, 06:00 PM
As if I'm not crying into my beer enough... Canucks GM Mike Gillis officially complained to the media and NHL Vice Pres yesterday about the officiating in game 6 :lol: I personally don't buy into the whole anti-Canucks 'conspiracy' but some do make the case.

This accompanying video on game 6 is interesting though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCvAcNvC1qo&feature=player_embedded

Godfather
04-26-2011, 06:18 PM
These videos are way more fun :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKQ6hf76oqc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqs57NueOak&feature=player_embedded#at=66

Teh One Who Knocks
04-26-2011, 06:21 PM
So what's the over/under on when the first goal will be let in by Luongo tonight? :-k

Godfather
04-26-2011, 06:23 PM
So what's the over/under on when the first goal will be let in by Luongo tonight? :-k

Great question...

I'll take my odds by number of shots if that's quite alright... 4. Tops. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
04-26-2011, 06:29 PM
So if Chicago wins, they'll be facing San Jose in the next round and Nashville will be facing Detroit.
If Vancouver wins, Nashville will be facing them and San Jose and Detroit will go head to head.

DemonGeminiX
04-26-2011, 06:43 PM
Boston will try to close out the series against Montreal tonight in game 6.
The winner of the Philadelphia-Buffalo series will be determined tonight in game 7.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-26-2011, 07:08 PM
2 definite elimination games and 1 possible elimination game tonite....good night for hockey :dance2:

DemonGeminiX
04-26-2011, 07:12 PM

I dunno, man... at this point in time, I'm thinking Detroit wins the West.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-26-2011, 07:15 PM
:link: Canucks’ 82-game success = playoff pressure (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AonOD3E8iS8wBXM7Fthn1Id7vLYF?slug=nc-cotsonika_canucks_regular-season_success_playoff_pressure042611)

DemonGeminiX
04-26-2011, 07:21 PM
It's just not a real playoffs unless the President's Trophy winner comes up short.

Godfather
04-26-2011, 07:41 PM
It's just not a real playoffs unless the President's Trophy winner comes up short.

The stats generally disagree... 25% of the time they win the cup. That's 6% of the competitions winning 4x more than they represent :lol: Those odds are fantastic given that there are 15 other teams *shrug*.

It's the Canucks who are the true choke-artists :roll:

You should hear the fans on the open mic radio... people are saying if they lose tonight, they'll throw their Canucks stuff on the ice to show they quit as fans :P Honestly, I'd be willing to bet that if Coach V can't make the final 4, he loses his job.

RBP
04-26-2011, 07:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jB7iJ.gif

Shady
04-27-2011, 12:25 AM
If Vancouver loses tonight, they should changed their name to the Artichokes. Corny but true.

DemonGeminiX
04-27-2011, 01:41 AM
Montreal wins game 6 by a score of 2 - 1. That forces a game 7 back in Boston.

samarchepas
04-27-2011, 01:52 AM
Game 7...Here we come! :D

DemonGeminiX
04-27-2011, 02:03 AM
Chicago @ Vancouver is about to begin.

DemonGeminiX
04-27-2011, 02:21 AM
The Philadelphia Flyers eliminate the Buffalo Sabres in 7 games to move on to the Eastern conference semifinals. The final score was 5 - 2.

RBP
04-27-2011, 03:49 AM
Damn tough game so far! The 2nd was all VAN but no goals. Still 1-0.

DemonGeminiX
04-27-2011, 04:04 AM
Penalty shot!

DemonGeminiX
04-27-2011, 04:05 AM
:lol:

DemonGeminiX
04-27-2011, 04:40 AM
Holy shit! Toews tied it shorthanded! With less than 3 minutes left in the game!

:shock:

DemonGeminiX
04-27-2011, 04:42 AM
They're going to OT. I bet GF is shitting himself right now.

RBP
04-27-2011, 04:42 AM
Holy shit! Toews tied it shorthanded! With less than 3 minutes left in the game!

:shock: wow! :cheerlead:

DemonGeminiX
04-27-2011, 05:04 AM
Vancouver wins!!! They eliminate Chicago in 7 games in OT!!! Man, what a great shot!!! WOW!!!!!!

RBP
04-27-2011, 05:10 AM
Poop. :meh:

DemonGeminiX
04-27-2011, 05:11 AM
Two more game 7s tomorrow:

Montreal Canadiens vs Boston Bruins
Tampa Bay Lightning vs Pittsburgh Penguins

RBP
04-27-2011, 05:12 AM
http://i.imgur.com/14Gty.jpg

deebakes
04-27-2011, 05:13 AM
crazy... :tup:

deebakes
04-27-2011, 05:14 AM
man, i'm terrible at this game too :lol:

RBP
Really close for first place so far... tomorrow will decide round one!

RBP
man, i'm terrible at this game too :lol:

:empathy:

I'm worse!!

MrsM
04-27-2011, 05:15 AM
Ok - I couldn't go to sleep ... WOW!!!! Talk about the Burrows show. Gets the first goal, Penalty Shot, takes the penalty in OT - then game winner. Best game this playoffs :tup:

RBP
04-27-2011, 05:19 AM
Was definitely a great game!! Hopefully GF can unclench his butt cheeks for a few days now. :lol:

Godfather
04-27-2011, 05:25 AM
Great series... wow. Can't say I knew it'd end this way but this franchise is alive and well :mrgreen: So happy right now, thought my chest was going to explode.

Cory Crawford for 1st star. Kid was amazing...

Burrows' story line... first goal, missed penalty shot, OT penalty, game winner... wow

Luongo and Kesler both said this was bigger than the Olympics :lol:

Great series Chicago fans :thumbsup: Most fun playoff round I can ever remember.

Shady
04-27-2011, 06:10 AM
Great series... wow. Can't say I knew it'd end this way but this franchise is alive and well :mrgreen: So happy right now, thought my chest was going to explode.

Cory Crawford for 1st star. Kid was amazing...

Burrows' story line... first goal, missed penalty shot, OT penalty, game winner... wow

Luongo and Kesler both said this was bigger than the Olympics :lol:

Great series Chicago fans :thumbsup: Most fun playoff round I can ever remember.

Seriously good game and series. Little disappointed, as you can expect, but what a phenomenal game 7. Crawford was fucking outstanding. Burrows was a mad man tonight. Though Bobby Lou made some good stops, there were a few in the third that made me question how much his nerves were actually getting to him.

But in all fairness, what a play from Burrows in OT.

Will be interesting against Nashville though, Rinne vs Luongo. And have fun with Weber, dudes a freakin beast.

I think Detroit will win the West though.

And of course its bigger than the Olympics as they're getting paid to do this ;)

Joebob034
04-27-2011, 01:48 PM
man when CHI scored that goal late in the third I thought "Oh no, another Vancouver melt down"

Godfather
04-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Man who was that kid who tried to make the play over Burrows' head in OT?! I feel terrible for that poor guy... Chicago fans must be pretty pissed at him.

On to Nashville though eh :-k They were one team that I got to see live a few times this year. We struggled with them more than I thought we should have because they play a very boring style of hockey. They clog up the neutral zone and never really open up their game. Not really a series I am looking forward to as much as I would.... any other team. But right now it feels like the hockey gods smiled on us just to give us round 2!

Hal-9000
04-27-2011, 04:42 PM
told ya not to count your guys out GF :thumbsup:

congrats on the win dude

DemonGeminiX
04-27-2011, 04:48 PM
All this for a first round win.

Hal-9000
04-27-2011, 04:53 PM
All this for a first round win.

Back in the day I was an Edmonton Oiler fan, living in Calgary.( the rivalry rivaled Boston/Montreal )

Most of our series would go 7 games...fights, OT in most games, usually 5 or 6 goals scored per side.It was truly awesome hockey.
We didn't even care how the next rounds played out, our Calgary Edmonton games were legendary :thumbsup:

DemonGeminiX
04-27-2011, 04:57 PM
So why don't you follow hockey anymore Hal?

Hal-9000
04-27-2011, 05:06 PM
So why don't you follow hockey anymore Hal?

1.They went on strike....twice.

2.I stopped playing the sport myself and lost interest.

3.Rule changes....the one that absolutely killed hockey for me was the shootout rule to decide games.

I used to live and breathe it DGX, unfortunately I have a hardline rule about professional athletes.A guy making 600k a year, playing his sport of choice, at a job that he's good at, and let's be real honest here...it's not a year round job...I have difficulties supporting to what amounts to entertainment stars (because sporting events are just that) when they walk out of a season and strike for more money :|

Hal-9000
04-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Bit of sad trivia..I think it's appropriate here.

My sister's son was 15 when he was killed, some of you read about his love for hockey.He lived in Victoria, Canada...close to GF and he was a HUGE Canucks fan.
He idolized Luongo and after his death, they set up two memorial tournaments and a hockey scholarship every year in his name.

I guess someone wrote Luongo and he sent a signed jersey to my sister's house.My nephew was a goalie and in his last game he played, his team lost but Nick
got awarded MVP.If you know hockey, when the goalie gets MVP in a losing cause, it usually means he was standing on his head trying to stop shots.

:( apologies, it still chokes me up.I'm thinking of the two huge trophies for the tournaments with space enough for 40 years worth of names...and the goalie shirt
hanging in my nephew's room.

He never got to see the shirt, the Olympics when Canada won and this current series.If I ever get a chance to meet Luongo, he's going to get a pretty big hug from me.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-27-2011, 05:19 PM
1.They went on strike....twice.

3.Rule changes....the one that absolutely killed hockey for me was the shootout rule to decide games.

^^ This

I still follow hockey, but it used to be my absolute most favorite sport. Now it's not so much because of those 2 reasons Hal stated.

Like tonight, if the Bruins win, I'll be happy and keep watching the playoffs, but if they lose, oh well, the sun will still come up tomorrow.

Hal-9000
04-27-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm sorry guys but I want to relate one more instance about junior hockey and my nephew...then it's back to playoffs, ok?

Every year they play a memorial game in my nephew's honor.My sister takes in billets from the States who play on the team (Kerry Park Islanders in Duncan, BC).
Someone uploaded video of last year's game to Facebook.My sister had two billets, one guy was goalie, the other center.

In this game it went to overtime, the goalie held their team in it and the center scored the winning goal.The amazing thing was that after the goal, the whole team
skates over to one corner of the rink...they look up and pound the glass with their sticks.It's the corner of the rink where Nick's picture and jersey hangs in a glass case.

Total class for 15-17 yr olds and it's so cool to see it when they score...makes me tear up everytime.

DemonGeminiX
04-28-2011, 01:47 AM
Montreal @ Boston is tied @ 3 and going into OT.

TB is leading Pittsburgh after 2, 1 - 0.

DemonGeminiX
04-28-2011, 02:11 AM
Boston defeats Montreal in OT, 4 - 3. Boston wins the series in 7.

I'm pretty sure that means that it's gonna be Boston vs Philly in the 2nd round... again.

samarchepas
04-28-2011, 02:25 AM
2 Words to say about this series: EPIC BATTLE!!!

Godfather
04-28-2011, 02:27 AM
Thanks hal!! After the last few years loss' to Chi Town, I was hollering harder than when Canada won gold. That game seven for me was the most intense gave I have ever watched. Wonder if that feeling was reciprocated in Chicago? A big part of me tells me no... which would have made a loss that much more heartbreaking :lol:

Sad for Montreal fans.... my romantic love for hockey left me hoping for a Canadian finals but wow... helluva series. Congrats to Boston :thumbsup:

Guess we better get rolling on round two!!! It starts tomorrow FFS :lol: Seems faster than usual..

Just gotta wait until this last game is over now

DemonGeminiX
04-28-2011, 02:42 AM
The Tampa Bay Lightning defeat the Pittsburgh Penguins to win the series. Final score, 1 - 0.

DemonGeminiX
04-28-2011, 03:31 AM
So, it appears the second round looks like this:

West
#1 Vancouver Canucks vs #5 Nashville Predators
#2 San Jose Sharks vs #3 Detroit Red Wings

East
#1 Washington Capitals vs #5 Tampa Bay Lightning
#2 Philadelphia Flyers vs #3 Boston Bruins

The games start Thursday the 28th.

RBP
04-28-2011, 03:43 AM
Lance wins Round 1! Congrats.

He predicted the correct winner of every series! :shock:

http://i.imgur.com/g8tdf.jpg

Godfather
04-28-2011, 04:01 AM
Damn lance :shock: Going to be hard to catch up.

I dropped the ball on this round :lol:

Should we start our round two predictions?!?!!?! New thread or this one... can't remember what we did last year. This thread is getting a little beefy and I don't want anyone not to notice the predictions starting before the conference semi finals get underway

deebakes
04-28-2011, 04:03 AM
I got 7 of 8 matchups right, just never the games :(

RBP
04-28-2011, 04:07 AM
Damn lance :shock: Going to be hard to catch up.

I dropped the ball on this round :lol:

Should we start our round two predictions?!?!!?! New thread or this one... can't remember what we did last year. This thread is getting a little beefy and I don't want anyone not to notice the predictions starting before the conference semi finals get underway

Same thread... predict away!

RBP
04-28-2011, 04:09 AM
West
#1 Vancouver Canucks vs #5 Nashville Predators VAN in 5
#2 San Jose Sharks vs #3 Detroit Red Wings DET in 6

East
#1 Washington Capitals vs #5 Tampa Bay Lightning WAS 7
#2 Philadelphia Flyers vs #3 Boston Bruins PHI 6

Godfather
04-28-2011, 04:10 AM
For quoting/referencing purposes:

Eastern Conference Semi Finals

Washington Capitals vs Tampa Bay Lightning

Philadelphia Flyers vs Boston Bruins

Western Conference Semi Finals

Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators

San Jose Sharks vs Detroit Red Wings

deebakes
04-28-2011, 04:13 AM
West
#1 Vancouver Canucks vs #5 Nashville Predators VAN in 6
#2 San Jose Sharks vs #3 Detroit Red Wings DET in 6

East
#1 Washington Capitals vs #5 Tampa Bay Lightning WAS 6
#2 Philadelphia Flyers vs #3 Boston Bruins PHI 7

Godfather
04-28-2011, 04:14 AM
Caps in 6

Bruins in 7

Canucks in 4

San Jose Sharks vs Detroit Red Wings[/QUOTE]
Detroit in 7

deebakes
04-28-2011, 04:15 AM
canucks in 4? you're out of your mind insane...

deebakes
04-28-2011, 04:16 AM
btw, these jerseys >>>>>> the new ones.

http://www.coolhockey.com/images/histories/mens03_b.jpg

Godfather
04-28-2011, 04:35 AM
canucks in 4? you're out of your mind insane...

Yeah I know :lol: Just need to keep the hopes up for the home team. We have their old best d-man (Hamhuis) giving us all the tip, and if they play like game 1 and game 7, Nashville won't know what to do with themselves.

Honestly... I think they'll be close games and it will take us 6. Pekka Rinne is a very good goalie. I'm keeping my official prediction at four so my fanatical love doesn't fade :thumbsup:

Nice. Those jerseys were great, loved the old alternate too :lol: Think those old nucks jeresys, as well as the v-neck and the original 'stick' jersey were named some of the ugliest NHL sweaters of all time. Too funny.
http://i51.tinypic.com/5zf6kn.jpg

But I love the current alternate most, the updated stick jersey:
http://i56.tinypic.com/359iukj.jpg

deebakes
04-28-2011, 04:40 AM
it's not a stick, it's a canadian knock-off nike symbol

http://media.arstechnica.com/journals/apple.media/thumb/200/200/Nike-800.jpg

http://www.thesecondglance.com/canucks/images/stick.jpg

Godfather
04-28-2011, 04:52 AM
:lol: Getoutahere

Just PM'd erbody to remind them to vote, hopefully they all get a moment in the next day or so. :D

Joebob034
04-28-2011, 05:13 AM
that was a frickin rocket from PK

Hal-9000
04-28-2011, 05:30 AM
Well done Lance, nice calls on the teams
game 7 OT winner in 2 series...

and GF looks like your team gets to take on an expansion team....CRUSH THEM :lol:

DemonGeminiX
04-28-2011, 05:38 AM

Caps in 6

Flyers in 6

Canucks in 7

Red Wings in 6

Godfather
04-28-2011, 05:44 AM
Well done Lance, nice calls on the teams
game 7 OT winner in 2 series...

and GF looks like your team gets to take on an expansion team....CRUSH THEM :lol:

I kinda wanted to wait until he made his predictions for round two and then piggy-back off them :lol:

Hal did you wana makes guesses for round 2!?! Plenty of time to make up missed points from round one!!

samarchepas
04-28-2011, 05:59 AM
that was a frickin rocket from PK

That kid...is unbelievable!He had the most minutes for both team in each game in the series (at just 21! :shock:) 8 points...including that "frickin rocket" :lol:...to think that nobody took him before the 2nd round (43th overall) He plays on the PK, on the PP and 5 on 5 (and a big reason why the Bruins had a 0 in 21 on their PP)

Godfather
04-28-2011, 06:02 AM
Man PK is a beast.... got a very, very bright career ahead of him. Montreal better hold on tight, I'd love to see him in a Canuck uniform :mrgreen:

The word on the street about him is reaaaaally bad though. I've heard/read he's pretty much the most vile guy on the ice; cocky and shows little respect and as a result is not well respected as an individual in the NHL for the stuff that comes out of his mouth :lol: Oh well... those are the guys you love to have on your team.

Burrows was the hero last night and he was known as the mouthiest guy out there up until last season. Kesler stopped yapping and had a career year too. Just comes with maturity I guess.

samarchepas
04-28-2011, 06:08 AM
Man PK is a beast.... got a very, very bright career ahead of him. Montreal better hold on tight, I'd love to see him in a Canuck uniform :mrgreen:

The word on the street about him is reaaaaally bad though. I've heard/read he's pretty much the most vile guy on the ice; cocky and shows little respect and as a result is not well respected as an individual in the NHL for the stuff that comes out of his mouth :lol: Oh well... those are the guys you love to have on your team.

Burrows was the hero last night and he was known as the mouthiest guy out there up until last season. Kesler stopped yapping and had a career year too. Just comes with maturity I guess.

He does less "yapping" than he did at the beginning of the year...can't afford taking a PK when you are your team's best defenseman...so now those that cry about it...its only because he is too fast for them to catch him! :lol:

Godfather
04-28-2011, 06:10 AM
I agree.... I think the same was true with Crosby :P

Don't forget to make your predictions too sam!!! Round two starts in a few hours :shock:

samarchepas
04-28-2011, 06:17 AM
Caps in 6

Flyers in 6

Canucks in 5

Detroit in 6

Hal-9000
04-28-2011, 06:55 AM
I kinda wanted to wait until he made his predictions for round two and then piggy-back off them :lol:

Hal did you wana makes guesses for round 2!?! Plenty of time to make up missed points from round one!!

Thanks for the offer GF, I'm a late spectator and it wouldn't be fair.I'll be following your team for obvious reasons tho...damn good game last night.

Godfather
04-28-2011, 06:58 AM
Thanks for the offer GF, I'm a late spectator and it wouldn't be fair.I'll be following your team for obvious reasons tho...damn good game last night.

Sounds good :mrgreen:

Forgot to mention... the sig is just something I found on the Canucks forum and it seemed oddly fitting for this place :lol:

Hal-9000
04-28-2011, 06:59 AM
It's a good luck symbol as it utilizes parts of both you and me :shock:

let's hold hands :face:

Godfather
04-28-2011, 07:02 AM
Hands... that' so PG of you

*I will not desecrate the NHL thread; I will not desecrate the NHL thread; I will not...*

DemonGeminiX
04-28-2011, 07:11 AM
:suspect:

Hal-9000
04-28-2011, 07:35 AM
It's a luck thing :lol:

I was just thinking about guys I used to watch hockey with and their superstitions.I can understand players having rituals, not spectators :lol: Some of my buds would get mad at themselves or even other people
when their team lost, blaming it on a certain superstition not being followed.

the holding hands was not intended to be ghey :oops:

DemonGeminiX
04-28-2011, 09:40 AM
You want superstition? How's this? I swear, every time I put a Flyer's hat on my head or a Flyer's t-shirt on my back, the Flyers lose. Guess what I'm not wearing until the Flyer's run in the playoffs are over?

:D

Teh One Who Knocks
04-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Lance wins Round 1! Congrats.

He predicted the correct winner of every series! :shock:

http://i.imgur.com/g8tdf.jpg

8-)

Now watch me fail miserably from here on out :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-28-2011, 10:52 AM

Washington Capitals vs Tampa Bay Lightning - Caps in 5

Philadelphia Flyers vs Boston Bruins - Bruins in 6

Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators - Canucks in 7

San Jose Sharks vs Detroit Red Wings - Wings in 6

MrsM
04-28-2011, 01:03 PM

Washington Capitals vs Tampa Bay Lightning - Caps in 6

Philadelphia Flyers vs Boston Bruins - Flyers in 7

Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators - Canucks in 6

San Jose Sharks vs Detroit Red Wings - Sharks in 7

Godfather
04-28-2011, 03:38 PM
MrsM taking the sharks :-k Very interesting... going to be a very close series there I think, interesting the rest of us took the Wings

MrsM
04-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Wings have been good - but they also have been sitting for a while. Also the Sharks have been playing better as a team lately. :tup:

Godfather
04-28-2011, 03:45 PM
It's true... good logic, solid prediction. It was a toss-up for me. But I like the Sharks a lot more so I chose them :mrgreen:

MrsM
04-28-2011, 03:47 PM
It's true... good logic, solid prediction. It was a toss-up for me. But I like the Sharks a lot more so I chose them :mrgreen:

Didn't you pick the Wings?

Godfather
04-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Oops, just mis-typed that. Chose the Wings because I like them more :lol:

MrsM
04-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Oops, just mis-typed that. Chose the Wings because I like them more :lol:

I think your sub-conscious was right :)

Godfather
04-28-2011, 04:09 PM
:shock: Damn

Shady
04-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Wings in 6
Canucks in 6

Caps in 5
Bruins in 6

Teh One Who Knocks
04-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Hey GF, not only do you guys have the pressure of being the President's Trophy winner, you guys are also the last Canadian team in the playoffs ;)

DemonGeminiX
04-28-2011, 05:50 PM
MrsM taking the sharks :-k Very interesting... going to be a very close series there I think, interesting the rest of us took the Wings

Wings have been good - but they also have been sitting for a while. Also the Sharks have been playing better as a team lately. :tup:

It was a toss up for me too, but I think Detroit has more playoff experience in it's current squad than the Sharks do. The Sharks did take the series in the regular season, but as we all know, that really doesn't mean anything when it comes to the playoffs

Joebob034
04-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Canucks in 6
Wings in 6
Bruins in 6
Caps in 7

DemonGeminiX
04-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Several people picked the Bruins over my Flyers. Y'all are off my Christmas card list.

[-(

samarchepas
04-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Hey GF, not only do you guys have the pressure of being the President's Trophy winner, you guys are also the last Canadian team in the playoffs ;)

And they BETTER win the Cup! lol

Joebob034
04-28-2011, 09:03 PM
No Sidney Crosby in the playoffs, Pierre McGuire must be on suicide watch

Godfather
04-29-2011, 01:12 AM

The President's Trophy thing is huge... Lot of expectations.

Honestly though, I don't know the Canadian team thing causes any more pressure. It just doesn't really change much. As cool as it is, there really doesn't seem to be as much patriotism surrounding the NHL. This city is already throwing an insane amount of pressure at the guys. Hopefully they find a way to ignore the press as much as possible.

But I think it's safe to say that even a game 7 against Nashville wouldn't have the pressure that game 7 vs the Hawks did. That game was an exorcism... no other way to describe the physical and mental torture a third series, going into OT in game seven against Chicago caused on fans here. Honest to god, I had to change my shirt after the game. And everyone I talked to was equally stressed out in one way or another.

Godfather
04-29-2011, 01:17 AM
No Sidney Crosby in the playoffs, Pierre McGuire must be on suicide watch

Oh man I fuggin' hate that guy soooo much :lol: Such a dumb-ass. Some people play the Pierre McGuire drinking game, and drink every time he says the same old cleches he uses every game. Too much fun

RBP
04-29-2011, 01:18 AM
what time is the VAN game tonight?

samarchepas
04-29-2011, 01:20 AM
....like...right now :lol: (5 minutes done)

RBP
04-29-2011, 01:21 AM
Oh muh bad :lol:

Godfather
04-29-2011, 01:40 AM
Just the excel sheet so far... I've actually almost never used excel so I was enjoying playing around with it and seeing what I could do.... wasn't trying to make it look all purdy to one-up RBP :lol:

http://i56.tinypic.com/282gvwo.png

Godfather
04-29-2011, 01:44 AM
EA Sports got 8/8 predictions on the winning team correct last round :shock: Not as good as Lance... but not bad for a video game :lol:

This time they predict the following:
Vancouver wins series 4-1
Detroit wins series 4-3
Tampa Bay wins series 4-3
Boston wins series 4-2

RBP
04-29-2011, 01:45 AM
One-upper! :x

deebakes
04-29-2011, 01:45 AM
canucks may just sweep then :shock:

Shady
04-29-2011, 01:46 AM
Are you really using NHL 11 to pick who will win in the playoffs?

DemonGeminiX
04-29-2011, 01:47 AM
EA Sports got 8/8 predictions on the winning team correct last round :shock: Not as good as Lance... but not bad for a video game :lol:

This time they predict the following:
Vancouver wins series 4-1
Detroit wins series 4-3
Tampa Bay wins series 4-3
Boston wins series 4-2

Fuck EA Sports.

[-(

samarchepas
04-29-2011, 01:50 AM
Fuck EA Sports.

[-(

I'd be ok with 3 of those 4 prediction...all but the last one ;)

DemonGeminiX
04-29-2011, 01:57 AM
Exactly. :lol:

Godfather
04-29-2011, 02:54 AM
Are you really using NHL 11 to pick who will win in the playoffs?

No, EA Sports is using NHL 11, not me. And they were right about the wins on all 8 series

In fact they predicted you guys would win the cup last year so ease off :P

deebakes
04-29-2011, 02:57 AM
they also predicted that the steelers would win the super bowl... how did that turn out?

Godfather
04-29-2011, 03:08 AM
they also predicted that the steelers would win the super bowl... how did that turn out?

You're comparing apples and oranges... nobody plays Madden and therefore it's crap :P EA's NHL Series is the best sports franchise 20 years running

deebakes
04-29-2011, 03:13 AM
i would bet madden outsells two to 1...

Godfather
04-29-2011, 03:17 AM
2 billion people are going to watch the royal wedding... doesn't make it the best thing on TV or even remotely credible :lol:

deebakes
04-29-2011, 03:18 AM
it's the best thing on at 3 am here :tup:

deebakes
04-29-2011, 03:20 AM
(just so you know, i prefer NHL to madden and have since SNES days) :lol: the sales of madden are insane and make really no logical sense :D

Godfather
04-29-2011, 03:23 AM
:lol: Just razzing you anyways :P I've heard they're like 2 million units of madden least year or something? And even at that EA Sports was disappointed somehow...

Totally crazy. I haven't bought a Madden game since 07 or so. They've probably changed a bunch. I should pick a used copy up.

deebakes
04-29-2011, 03:25 AM
so....... am i the only one waking early for kate and will? :oops:

Godfather
04-29-2011, 03:27 AM
I figure we'll be watching the replays for two months... even if I did care I wouldn't get up for it for that reason alone :P

DemonGeminiX
04-29-2011, 03:31 AM
so....... am i the only one waking early for kate and will? :oops:

I'll be up, but I'll be doing more important things.

deebakes
04-29-2011, 03:32 AM
masturbating?

:wank:

DemonGeminiX
04-29-2011, 03:36 AM
masturbating?

:oops:

Yes... to Kate in her wedding dress.

Nah, I've got something I'm working on right now. I work best at night.

Shady
04-29-2011, 03:39 AM
No, EA Sports is using NHL 11, not me. And they were right about the wins on all 8 series

In fact they predicted you guys would win the cup last year so ease off :P

I just ran a playoff series and the first round was only 62% right.

Godfather
04-29-2011, 03:40 AM
Canucks win 1-0... Vancouver dominated, could have been 4-0 easily. Nashville just has such a lame style. *zzzz*

DemonGeminiX
04-29-2011, 03:47 AM
Canucks win 1-0... Vancouver dominated, could have been 4-0 easily. Nashville just has such a lame style. *zzzz*

Quoted for future reference.

Famous last words.

Godfather
04-29-2011, 03:48 AM
:lol: I'm trying hard not to believe in jynixing my team. Just calling it how I see it :P

I can't tell you how many people have told me this week that when they do one thing or another (ie watch, not watch, wear a lucky shirt, etc) the Canucks lose :lol: Crazy dammed fans

deebakes
04-29-2011, 03:48 AM
when does "the national" start? i want some news about the election coming up. get rid of this continuing hockey coverage already :mrgreen:

DemonGeminiX
04-29-2011, 03:50 AM
:lol: I'm trying hard not to believe in jynixing my team. Just calling it how I see it :P

I can't tell you how many people have told me this week that when they do one thing or another (ie watch, not watch, wear a lucky shirt, etc) the Canucks lose :lol: Crazy dammed fans

Oh, don't mind me. I'm just making some observations.

:mrgreen:

Godfather
04-29-2011, 05:24 AM
Man... History repeated itself fast. Higgins got the first goal, the game winner, in game one tonight which was also a shut-out for Vancouver... exactly like in Round One :shock:

If this round is going to go like the last one, I'll have a stroke :lol:

samarchepas
04-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Stroke?yup...that's the only positive thing about having the Habs out of the playoffs...having your team 3 times in the last 4 games in OT...not good for your health :lol:

RBP
04-29-2011, 03:50 PM
If this round is going to go like the last one, I'll have a stroke :lol:

samarchepas
04-29-2011, 04:03 PM

If you do that kind of stroking during during a hockey game....:wtf:....:lol:

RBP
04-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Every time Torres takes a cheap shot, Godfather gets a chubby.

Godfather
04-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Kane sure looked like hell during the season-end interviews yesterday :dance:

RBP
04-29-2011, 04:12 PM
I'd go on a bender too. :lol:

Godfather
04-29-2011, 04:13 PM
:lol: I would too if we'd lost.

Least he cut that fuggin' mullet.

RBP
04-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Yeah I hate the Mullet too. yeek.

Godfather
04-29-2011, 04:19 PM
It'd hilarious if the team that won a series was able to draft one guy from the defeated team for the rest of the playoffs :lol: Send us Keith please. Someone needs to bowl through these Nashville goons

samarchepas
04-29-2011, 04:34 PM
I don't get to see Pekka Rinne play a lot...now I see when he is a Vezina nominee! :shock: (could have been a massacre last night)...BTW Max Pacioretty was just a few days away from being back for us (he was cleared for contact the day after they were eliminated)

Joebob034
04-29-2011, 07:14 PM
I don't get to see Pekka Rinne play a lot...now I see when he is a Vezina nominee! :shock: (could have been a massacre last night)...BTW Max Pacioretty was just a few days away from being back for us (he was cleared for contact the day after they were eliminated)

yeah seeing him 6 times during the regular season got very frustrating

BTW I always preferred these jerseys

http://www.canadiandesignresource.ca/officialgallery/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/canucks_jersey_1983.jpg

Godfather
04-30-2011, 01:50 AM
I've been given tickets to Nashville vs Vancouver games every season since they were added to the league almost :lol:

Even seasons tick holders don't wants to go watch Nashville play. Pekka is amazing though, and that's a big reason why it's so dry. Even when the Canucks play possessed, it's a 1 goal game. Which is equally nerve wracking because if Nashville slips one in, they can sit on it and win.

DemonGeminiX
04-30-2011, 04:02 AM
The Tampa Bay Lightning defeat the Washington Capitals in game 1 by a score of 4 - 2. Tampa now leads the series 1 - 0.

Godfather
04-30-2011, 04:46 AM
Detroit - San Jose game is pretty good!!!

samarchepas
04-30-2011, 04:47 AM
Game 1 and already in OT :lol:

DemonGeminiX
04-30-2011, 05:05 AM
The San Jose Sharks have defeated the Detroit Red Wings in OT in game 1 by a score of 2 - 1.

Godfather
04-30-2011, 05:11 AM
Interesting :-k

samarchepas
04-30-2011, 04:23 PM
That was quite predictable...the Wings didn't play for 8 days(rusty)...I don't expect it to be the same next time.

DemonGeminiX
04-30-2011, 08:23 PM
:x

*Curses Boston*

8-[

samarchepas
04-30-2011, 09:51 PM
Your Voodoo skills are not working right now DGX :lol:

DemonGeminiX
04-30-2011, 10:04 PM
:|

The Boston Fuckheads beat the righteous Philadelphia Flyers in game 1 by a score of 7 - 3. The bastards cheated. Life's not fair.

*Considers sacrificing a live chicken*

samarchepas
04-30-2011, 10:13 PM
[-(....*calls ASPCA*

DemonGeminiX
04-30-2011, 10:21 PM
[-(....*calls ASPCA*

:-s

Like you don't eat chicken.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-30-2011, 11:23 PM

The Boston Fuckheads beat the righteous Philadelphia Flyers in game 1 by a score of 7 - 3. The bastards cheated. Life's not fair.

It's only 1 game....the only one that matters is the 4th one. Trust me, I've been on both ends of it ;)

DemonGeminiX
04-30-2011, 11:27 PM
It's only 1 game....the only one that matters is the 4th one. Trust me, I've been on both ends of it ;)

I know. I'm just being a Philly boy.

;)

Teh One Who Knocks
04-30-2011, 11:34 PM
And now just watch....the Bruins score 7 today and in game two they will struggle to score 1 or 2. That seems to always be the way it works

DemonGeminiX
04-30-2011, 11:35 PM
And now just watch....the Bruins score 7 today and in game two they will struggle to score 1 or 2. That seems to always be the way it works

It's like that with every team though.

samarchepas
04-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Like the Habs earlier this year...win 8-1 against the wild...then get shutout 3 times in a row after that! :lol:

Godfather
05-01-2011, 06:13 AM
We lost in OT. Boring game, even though we had the opportunity to put it away a dozen times. It's just not the rivalry and passion from the Blackhawks series.

I just hope they can find a way to beat Rinne and win this series... he's the best player on the ice

samarchepas
05-01-2011, 06:22 AM
Something I don't get here...Why did the best offense in the league only get 15 shots before OT? :-k (less than half of what Nashville did...36!) The Sedins will have to step it up here...basically it was Preds 2 Burrows 1 :lol:

Godfather
05-01-2011, 06:30 AM
Yeah not an impressive showing. Just didn't look into it.

Hopefully the loss wakes them up a little bit. Can't just wait around for round 3. It won't come if we play like that. FFS the Sedins haven't done shit in several games, and Kesler had 41 goals in the regular season but now hasn't scored in weeks. :wha:

samarchepas
05-01-2011, 07:11 AM
Is there any team in the entire NHL that has a rivalry with NASHVILLE anyway? :lol: (dunno...they seem like hard to hate :-k)

Shady
05-01-2011, 07:13 AM
Yeah not an impressive showing. Just didn't look into it.

Hopefully the loss wakes them up a little bit. Can't just wait around for round 3. It won't come if we play like that. FFS the Sedins haven't done shit in several games, and Kesler had 41 goals in the regular season but now hasn't scored in weeks. :wha:

I can think of a specific point where he had a perfect opportunity in the last series but some mad skills stopped him. Crawford's saves on that play will probably amaze me for years.

Even just watching the highlights of that game was boring. No real fire in either team, its just another step to round 3 for both of them. At least against the Hawks the Canucks had something to prove and to shake off old demons of a scrappy team. And the Hawks wanted to put them down. They both wanted to move on but I think beating the other team was more important than moving on.

samarchepas
05-01-2011, 07:26 AM
I can think of a specific point where he had a perfect opportunity in the last series but some mad skills stopped him. Crawford's saves on that play will probably amaze me for years.

Agreed...and IMO, the Calder Trophy nominees should be 1 of each position (Goaltender,Defenseman,Forward)...Couture,Grabner, Skinner...all forwards.(again, IMO, it should be Subban,Crawford,Skinner)

Godfather
05-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Fucking Grabner... can we not talk about that guy and how the Canucks traded him away :lol:

Granted he wouldn't have gotten the ice time and opportunities... but damn...

samarchepas
05-01-2011, 10:14 PM
The Sharks win 2-1 against the Redwings and take a 2-0 lead in the series.

DemonGeminiX
05-01-2011, 10:24 PM
It might turn around in Detroit.

deebakes
05-01-2011, 10:35 PM
sharks are looking pretty damn tough right now...

MrsM
05-01-2011, 10:44 PM
sharks are looking pretty damn tough right now...

Ya - who would have called that? :-k

deebakes
05-01-2011, 10:46 PM
probably just some really hot chick that likes their name better :tup:

samarchepas
05-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Don't give the win to the Sharks yet...Habs won their first 2 games too...

deebakes
05-02-2011, 12:14 AM
how did that turn out? :-k

samarchepas
05-02-2011, 12:36 AM
Lost in 7 :(

samarchepas
05-02-2011, 02:08 AM
The Lightning win 3-2 in OT against the Capitals and take a 2-0 lead in the series.

DemonGeminiX
05-02-2011, 02:17 AM
I wanted to pick the Lightning.

8-[

Yt Trash
05-02-2011, 02:43 AM
:woot: :cheerlead:

deebakes
05-02-2011, 03:27 AM
you live in FL :shock:

Godfather
05-02-2011, 05:15 AM
w00t :dance: Suckit Ov

samarchepas
05-02-2011, 02:38 PM
What a game by Halak!!!...:huh:...Roloson :lol:

Godfather
05-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Hopefully the nucks game is good tonight.... otherwise I will be watching election results all evening :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-03-2011, 03:02 AM
:banghead:

deebakes
05-03-2011, 03:08 AM
didn't see that going down in OT... the flyers were shooting every 5 seconds...

Godfather
05-03-2011, 03:12 AM
By tonight I meant tomorrow*

Flyers game was great

deebakes
05-03-2011, 03:20 AM
for those not in the city of brotha-lee love...

Teh One Who Knocks
05-03-2011, 10:47 AM
By tonight I meant tomorrow*

Flyers game was great

:)

DemonGeminiX
05-04-2011, 03:48 AM
Tampa Bay beat the Caps again. They're up 3 games to 0.

deebakes
05-04-2011, 03:49 AM
pathetic really for ovie :(

DemonGeminiX
05-04-2011, 03:57 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/282gvwo.png

Nobody picked Tampa to win. If Washington comes back and wins it has to be in 7 so 2 people still have a chance.

deebakes
05-04-2011, 04:01 AM
I'm terrible :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-04-2011, 04:12 AM
Vancouver grabbed the 2 - 1 series lead in OT.

deebakes
05-04-2011, 04:13 AM
Damn, ninja style update DGX...

Godfather
05-04-2011, 06:15 AM
Vancouver won... another fairly boring game until the last 5 minutes :lol:

Kesler stepped up though... two goals finally, and an assist. Huge night. We were by far the better team this evening. If it were any other goalie Vancouver could have had a 3 goal lead.

The 'Sisters' on the other hand need to step it the hell up.... really pathetic showing. The second line can play hard all they want, but we can't win a cup without Daniel and Hank racking up the points. Henrik especially.

DemonGeminiX
05-04-2011, 07:41 AM
We were by far the better team this evening.

Even if you don't say so yourself, right?

:P

Godfather
05-04-2011, 04:07 PM
At one point we had them outshot 11-1, and had almost 20 more shots by the end of the night :P The stats say so...

samarchepas
05-04-2011, 04:32 PM
The guy that made the Playoffs Calendar...should be shot! :x 3 games within only 1 hour?! (2 games start at 7 PM east and the other at 8!)

Teh One Who Knocks
05-04-2011, 04:51 PM
At one point we had them outshot 11-1, and had almost 20 more shots by the end of the night :P The stats say so...

Last time I looked, SOG don't actually count as goals unless they go in the net :-k

:nana:

DemonGeminiX
05-04-2011, 11:47 PM
:no:

RBP
05-04-2011, 11:57 PM
:no:

:empathy:

DemonGeminiX
05-05-2011, 12:30 AM
:(

Teh One Who Knocks
05-05-2011, 12:44 AM
You guys got one back :)

DemonGeminiX
05-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Unless we can pull something out of our asses in the third, I don't think that 1 goal's gonna matter a whole lot.

The Bruins have the Flyer's number this year.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-05-2011, 01:24 AM
The biggest difference in this series compared to last year is in net for the B's. Rask had a good run last year, but he is clearly not in Tim Thomas' league and having Thomas in net is the biggest difference.

DemonGeminiX
05-05-2011, 01:32 AM
... and we got rid of some of the guys that got us to the finals last year. I've said it all year, we traded away the heart of the team when we traded Simon Gagne to Tampa.

DemonGeminiX
05-05-2011, 01:40 AM
And the Bruins take a 3 - 0 lead in the series.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-05-2011, 01:42 AM
89 saves on 92 shots for Thomas in the last 2 games :shock:

DemonGeminiX
05-05-2011, 01:44 AM
Dude's standing on his head. Dominic Hasek would be jealous.

DemonGeminiX
05-05-2011, 01:47 AM
Looks like Tampa Bay is about to sweep Washington.

DemonGeminiX
05-05-2011, 01:51 AM
http://www.animateit.net/data/media/185/broomswp.gif

The Tampa Bay Lightning defeat the first seeded Washington Capitals, sweeping them in four games.

samarchepas
05-05-2011, 01:56 AM
So...NOBODY gets a point for that series huh?:lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-05-2011, 01:57 AM
Nope.

deebakes
05-05-2011, 03:11 AM
sharks 3-0 up on wings :shock:

samarchepas
05-05-2011, 03:12 AM
The 2nd round just keeps getting weirder :lol:

Godfather
05-05-2011, 04:14 AM
Very strange round indeed.... can't believe nobody took the fuggin' Lightning :lol:

Everyone could see they had an all-star first line but who knew they had enough depth (and goaltending came outa nowhere for them)

samarchepas
05-05-2011, 04:34 AM
Very strange round indeed.... can't believe nobody took the fuggin' Lightning :lol:

Everyone could see they had an all-star first line but who knew they had enough depth (and goaltending came outa nowhere for them)
I might be tempted to do it in the next round...:lol:!

Teh One Who Knocks
05-05-2011, 11:13 AM
:link: Canucks deny overacting to draw penalties (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Ah6_AcWxzHrNxDGDCe5Yvvh7vLYF?slug=capres s-hkn_canucks_predators-6759009)

I do have to say that after seeing the replay, that call in OT was pretty ticky-tacky by the refs. It sure did look like the whole intent of Kesler was to try and draw a penalty. IMHO unless something is blatant, penalty calls in OT are BS.

Godfather
05-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Yep... Weber got a bit ripped off there and it ended up lucky for us. CBC was calling it a make-up call for a really illegal hit at the other end of the ice 30 seconds prior, but it determined the outcome of the game so if I were a Nashville fan I would be pissed

Luongo really played up that high-stick penalty earlier in the game too like the article said. Guy shoulda been a soccer player...

There have already been 19 OT games this post-season! Last playoffs there were 18 total. Tense for hockey fans :lol:

Yt Trash
05-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Go Lightning!

DemonGeminiX
05-06-2011, 03:53 AM
Vancouver leads their series 3 games to 1.

Godfather
05-06-2011, 06:37 AM
Much more enjoyable game than the last few :thumbsup: Obviously pumped to pull ahead in the series too :mrgreen:

deebakes
05-06-2011, 10:02 PM
takes an empty net for a sedin to get a goal :roll:

DemonGeminiX
05-07-2011, 02:35 AM
:sad2:

Godfather
05-07-2011, 04:13 AM
Poor DGX! Tough series bud...

Glad Detroit hung on. I'd like to see them and the SJS beat the snot out of each other a little more

takes an empty net for a sedin to get a goal :roll:

Honestly, if they don't wake up soon we're not going to win the cup. Kesler's line is producing but that alone won't get us past the 3rd round: wha:

But I"m trying not to get too down on them just yet... Daniel still does have 5 goals in the past 11 games

DemonGeminiX
05-07-2011, 05:39 AM
The cold hard truth of the matter is the Flyers ran out of steam the last part of the regular season, they weren't the same team from last year, and they were lucky to get past Buffalo in the first round. Boston was by far the better team this year. The Bruins-Lightning series is gonna be good.