PDA

View Full Version : Is All of Human Existence Just a Giant Video Game From the Future?

Teh One Who Knocks
10-03-2012, 11:42 AM
by: Danny Gallagher - Game Trailers

http://i.imgur.com/B0a89.jpg

The theory that all of humanity is just a computer simulation might sound like the ramblings of a tin foil hat wearing, "Matrix" watching, cough medicine abusing schizophrenic. However, it's a subject that one high ranking NASA scientist takes very seriously.

Rich Terrile works as the director of the Center for Evolutionary Computation and Automated Design at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. He has studied and developed a theory that someone from the future created our world with a very powerful computer, according to an interview in VICE Magazine.

He claims he can prove his theory along many different lines of thought and scientific study but the bulk of his theory is based on Moore's Law, the observation that computers double their power every two years. Terrile claims something as simple as a PlayStation (by then, it would be the PlayStation 7, we hope) could create and simulate the lives of 10,000 people in the next 30 years and even simulate complex concepts like artificial intelligence and free will, according to Moore's Law and assuming that a new console comes out every six to eight years.

He even likened our world to detailed sandbox games like Grand Theft Auto IV.

"You see exactly what you need to see of Liberty City when you need to see it, abbreviating the entire game universe into the console. The universe behaves in the exact same way. In quantum mechanics, particles do not have a definite state unless they’re being observed. Many theorists have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how you explain this. One explanation is that we’re living within a simulation, seeing what we need to see when we need to see it."

FBD
10-03-2012, 12:14 PM
kids peering through the keyhole, seeing their parents having sex, wondering what the fug they could possibly be doing :lol:

Richard Cranium
10-03-2012, 01:20 PM
What happens if I take the red and the blue pill? How aboot a handful?

RBP
10-03-2012, 01:30 PM
:tinfoil:

perrhaps
10-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Life is just a dream some humongus person somewhere is having, and as soon as his alarm goes off...poof!

Hal-9000
10-03-2012, 02:45 PM
attn hal's user : get me laid more, thx

redred
10-03-2012, 03:03 PM
What happens if I take the red and the blue pill? How aboot a handful?

sometimes you get a great night

PorkChopSandwiches
10-03-2012, 04:37 PM
:suicide:

DemonGeminiX
10-03-2012, 05:59 PM
I can't find the scene where Pinto is high in Jennings' house.

:sad2: