PDA

View Full Version : New Job for me too!!

Godfather
10-05-2012, 02:15 AM
Quick Back-story... my current job is at a tiny brokerage in a suburb. It really is fine, but the office is quiet and after two years it's not stimulating. The pay is well below average, and unlike every other firm, does not pay for the very expensive Insurance-related courses I need to take. Zero benefits, no holidays, no pay for my overtime, and on top of all that he owes me money from months ago that he 'forgets' to get around to. Anyways, without bitching much it's just time to move on.

So... a few of you have heard me mumbling about a slew of interviews the past few weeks. Aptitude tests, behavioral tests, ect ect. The job asked for far more experience and was posted for months so it was just a stab in the dark

But they offered! And I just accepted a job at one of the country's oldest insurance companies (moving to the 'company' side from the 'broker' side of the industry). I start in 3 weeks. It's a huge step up for my career in every way, and I'm nervous because it's going to really challenge me.

Anyways, the next six months will probably be stressful (they always are at a new job right!) and I might not be here as much but I love y'all and will say hello as much as I can :wavey:

RBP
10-05-2012, 02:25 AM
That's awesome, congratulations! :cheerlead:

DemonGeminiX
10-05-2012, 02:39 AM
Awesome, brah. I hope everything works out for you at the new place.

:tup:

MrsM
10-05-2012, 02:43 AM
Great News GF - Congrats on the new job!!!

PorkChopSandwiches
10-05-2012, 02:45 AM
:tup:

Richard Cranium
10-05-2012, 03:10 AM
:cool:

Noilly Pratt
10-05-2012, 03:34 AM
Glad to hear it, GF. Now that you're higher than level 1, if you're flexible with hours you can move up the $ ladder...that's what my wife did -- she worked for a brokerage firm in Vanc...paid her dues, and the last time around when she left her crap firm she was at for 10 years, she was able to negotiate on the wage -- she's the highest paid in her section now.

And after her working nearly full time for a year, and with careful scrimping, we're now debt free (except for the house)...aaahh, it's a nice feeling. Finally in our mid to late 40's, we can start saving.

My motto...when an opportunity comes along that scares you a little...TAKE IT! It is the spice of life. :mrgreen:

Godfather
10-05-2012, 03:41 AM
Thanks so much everyone :mrgreen: All the support from you guys is always humbling, I really do appreciate it.

Godfather
10-05-2012, 03:42 AM
Glad to hear it, GF. Now that you're higher than level 1, if you're flexible with hours you can move up the $ ladder...that's what my wife did -- she worked for a brokerage firm in Vanc...paid her dues, and the last time around when she left her crap firm she was at for 10 years, she was able to negotiate on the wage -- she's the highest paid in her section now.

And after her working nearly full time for a year, and with careful scrimping, we're now debt free (except for the house)...aaahh, it's a nice feeling. Finally in our mid to late 40's, we can start saving.

My motto...when an opportunity comes along that scares you a little...TAKE IT! It is the spice of life. :mrgreen:

Thanks Noilly! It's actually on the Underwriting side, so no more crazy hours, customer service, or Insurance Council levels :mrgreen: I'm a regular company man now :P

deebakes
10-05-2012, 05:02 AM
Congrats godfather :tup:

are they going to monitor your internet at the new job? :-k

Godfather
10-05-2012, 05:13 AM
:rofl: That's a good question.

Hal-9000
10-05-2012, 06:07 AM
Way to go GF, your posts have been upgraded too lately...in terms of spelling and choice of languages :lol:

:thumbsup:

minz
10-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Congrats on the new job GF good luck with it and dont stay away too much. :tup:

Jezter
10-05-2012, 09:29 AM
It really sounded like it was time to move on. Now you are that much richer in life experience and now you will gather plenty more. Congratulations and I hope it will be exciting and rewarding for you!

redred
10-05-2012, 09:33 AM
and I might not be here as much but I love y'all and will say hello as much as I can :wavey:

tbh you were only here to make up numbers anyway so don't worry :lol:

well done mate sounds a good career choice take :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Congratz GF :cheers:

Muddy
10-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Nice work, Homer! I hope the pay is awesome... It's nice to be able to treat yourself to some nice things from time to time..

Godfather
10-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Thanks so much guys, really means a lot :mrgreen: