PDA

View Full Version : The Hockey Thread - NHL Locked Out

Godfather
10-06-2012, 03:37 PM
*NO NHL Banter* Who the fuck cares what they do. We lock them out.

It's hard to follow hockey when it's fragmented so post up Non-Lockout related news and youtube clips from your favorite local teams or European leagues so we can all still get our fill.

Last night my Vancouver Giants (major-junior hockey) hammered the Medicine Hat Tigers 6-1 in their first decent game of the season to improve their record to 2-4-0 :mrgreen:

deebakes
10-06-2012, 05:24 PM
my kids love going to out local junior hockey team's games. it is general admission for all seats, so my kids pick the spot right next to the glass by the bench. for <$20, we can all go and they have a blast :tup:

http://i.imgur.com/zb9Yg.jpg

FBD
10-08-2012, 01:40 PM
that's the best part about having AHL in town, you can always get a good seat. I got a wolfpack puck that hit the dude behind me, before they changed their name to teh whale.

Godfather
10-10-2012, 01:11 AM
One thing strange about the AHL is that they haven't done a great job organizing farm teams near their NHL teams in a few cases. The Chicago Wolves are Vancouver's farm team, while the Abbotsford Heat (a suburb 30 minutes from downtown Vancouver) are Calgary's...

That AHL team would be huge in Abbotsford right now if all the Canuck's young stars were out there. :-k

Anyways... going to the WHL game on Friday! I'm buying 5 tickets for $97 :lol: Awesome

DemonGeminiX
10-10-2012, 01:48 AM
I guess I'm shit out of luck for being in GA and all.

:lol:

Godfather
10-10-2012, 03:12 AM
No NCAA hockey nearby? What the local TV coverage like there DGX?

DemonGeminiX
10-10-2012, 04:28 AM
No NCAA hockey nearby? What the local TV coverage like there DGX?

In southeast GA? Local TV coverage for hockey here sucks. We used to get the Thrashers on TV, but they moved to Winnipeg. Afterwards, we were getting some Carolina Hurricanes and Tampa Bay Lightning coverage but it was inconsistent. We'll see how everything works out when the damn strike ends.

There used to be a minor league team down in Jacksonville Florida. They were called the Lizard Kings and they were an ECHL affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks (don't ask me how that worked... Florida/Illinois... I don't know either). But they folded back in 2000. A new team, the Jacksonville Barracudas started up in 2002, and they were in a number of different leagues before they closed shop in 2008. Nothing's been down there since.

I'm too far away from any major universities for the local channels to give a damn about it. ESPN will show the NCAA frozen four and a few games here and there but not much beyond that.

Godfather
10-10-2012, 05:47 AM
That's really too bad :wha: I don't imagine the local sports bars are terribly interested in playing hockey on their satellite feeds either eh

samarchepas
10-10-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm just hoping we will only get a shorten season...not a lost season :idk: (10 more days till we get AHL games on TV....:waiting: )

Teh One Who Knocks
10-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Denver just added a new minor league franchise starting play this year, tix are cheap and now with the lock-out, probably near impossible to get.

http://www.denvercutthroats.com/

samarchepas
10-10-2012, 11:33 PM
Denver just added a new minor league franchise starting play this year, tix are cheap and now with the lock-out, probably near impossible to get.

http://www.denvercutthroats.com/
The NHL Lock-out ain't bad for everyone I guess :lol: