PDA

View Full Version : High school takes disciplinary action over bra-throwing incident at dance

Teh One Who Knocks
10-11-2012, 11:19 AM
By Eleanor Chute / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://i.imgur.com/9iAmX.jpg

Perhaps it goes without saying that it's not the norm for girls to throw their bras at a high school homecoming dance.

Those actions at a Norwin High School homecoming dance on Sept. 29 have led to unspecified disciplinary action against a number of students.

In addition, the dance's disc jockey is on the hot seat after posting a photo of himself and bras on his private Facebook page.

In a statement issued Wednesday, district officials stated the district "has investigated this matter fully and appropriate disciplinary action was administered to students who behaved inappropriately."

As for the disc jockey, Eric Wenning of Wenning Entertainment, the district asked him to remove the photo, which he did.

Mr. Wenning also has apologized for using "bad judgment" to take and post the photo.

However, he said he did nothing to incite the bra throwing nor were any bras thrown at him.

Mr. Wenning said he was playing the last song of the dance -- "Hit the Road, Jack" -- and talking with a chaperone about a final announcement that needed to be made when, in the last 10 to 20 seconds of the dance, some girls started taking off their bras and throwing them over decorative Christmas lights hanging from the ceiling.

He did not know how many girls or bras were involved.

"I didn't see it until the last minute," he said. "If it had happened in the middle of the dance, I would have shut everything down."

After the dance, he said he had a staff member use his phone to take a photo of him holding two or three bras and showing a shocked look on his face. He then posted the photo on Facebook.

The district's news release said, "Although no video or photographs depicted students engaged in inappropriate behavior, the photo in question was an inappropriate photo of the disc jockey."

Mr. Wenning said his company has done dances in Norwin for several years, but the district's news release said he would not be asked back.

deebakes
10-11-2012, 07:18 PM
:wank: