PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant owner shoots at customer over bill

Teh One Who Knocks
10-17-2012, 11:06 AM
WKMG Local 6

http://i.imgur.com/jC11s.jpg

WINTER PARK, Fla. (WKMG) - Winter Park police have arrested the owner of an upscale local restaurant for shooting at his own customers over a bill.

A single bullet hole in the trunk of the customer's car shows how a fight over a bill turned violent.

The incident began when James Marshall Phillips and Destin McMahon argued with the manager and owner at Wazzabi Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar, near Winter Park Village.

"I never expected that I would receive that type of treatment because I complained about a meal; that my life would be put in danger," said Phillips. "They begin harrassing us and cussing at us and telling us to leave their restaurant and when we got in the car to leave, they began beating the car and then they shot at the car."

They said the owner and workers chased them into the parking lot, refused to let them leave, beat dents into the car, and finally fired twice at their own customers.

Police arrested and charged the owner, Quoc Trong Tran, with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill and another employee, Hoai Trong Tran, with criminal mischief.

People nearby saw cops swarm the area Sunday night, and still can't believe what happened.

"It's pretty excessive," said Anthony Dessipris, who works next door. "He should have just called the cops."

The customers said they weren't happy over the food and while one paid, the other did not, saying he wouldn't pay for what he didn't eat.

"My uncle, the owner of that restaurant, was just protecting his property and making sure nobody was just coming in, getting free sushi, complaining about it, walking out," said Randall Tran.

The owner told police he only opened fire because he thought his customers were trying to run him over with their car.

The customers were not charged with any crime.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-17-2012, 03:56 PM
hurry up and buy