PDA

View Full Version : Woman complains about deer crossing signs

Teh One Who Knocks
10-17-2012, 12:21 PM
All Voices - Local to Global News

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI8UPHMzZm8

Wow! This report comes from North Dakota just south of us here in Manitoba. A woman called in a Fargo, North Dakota, radio station upset that no one seems interested in following up on her complaints about deer crossings.

The caller, who identified herself only as Donna, said that the issue of deer crossings had been bothering her for some time. She not only has contacted TV stations about the matter but also written letters to newspapers as well. Nobody seems to listen to or follow up her constant complaints. When asked to explain what the issue is exactly Donna explains.

Over the past three years she has been in three auto accidents involving deer. Each accident occurred shortly after she had passed a deer crossing sign on the highway.

Now Donna wants to know why the Minnesota and North Dakota Departments of Transportation allow these deer crossing signs to be placed in high traffic areas. Fargo is right on the border between Minnesota and North Dakota.

Donna appears to be serious. She points out that these signs are placed even on the busy Interstate highway. She goes on:"It seems to me that it's so irresponsible of us to allow these deer crossings to be in an area where these deer are so likely to be struck by oncoming traffic. Wouldn't you agree?"

The radio host explains that the signs are not directed at the deer but at drivers to warn them that deer may be crossing. However, Donna, must believe that government controls everything even where deer cross highways. She suggests that the government should relocate deer crossing signs to lower traffic or lower speed areas such as school crossing zones. No doubt this is an excellent idea since crossing guards could ensure that deer and those cute fawns cross only when the cars are stopped.

I assume Donna is probably trying to play a joke on the station. Let us hope so! I have not seen any of her letters to newspapers on line!

Pony
10-17-2012, 12:49 PM
She doesn't sound sincere enough for this to be legit. I call BS.

Acid Trip
10-17-2012, 01:46 PM
:lolwut:

MrsM
10-17-2012, 01:51 PM
I hope this fake