PDA

View Full Version : Scarlett Johansson: How a Pregnancy Rumor Can Start

Teh One Who Knocks
04-12-2011, 09:56 PM
By Sara Hammel and Blaine Zuckerman - People Magazine

http://i.imgur.com/izATs.jpg

Celebrities are subjected to a high level of body scrutiny, and for female stars this can lead to premature pregnancy predictions. Just ask LeAnn Rimes, Hilary Duff or Carrie Underwood.

Will Scarlett Johansson, 26, be joining the club?

Spotted out for a run with Owen Wilson and new beau Sean Penn recently, the in-shape actress bared a hint of a belly, leading to some online rumors about a baby bump. But a rep for Johansson warns not to jump to conclusions, and reveals a few common missteps that make up the anatomy of a pregnancy rumor:

Step 1: Catch the celebrity at an awkward angle
"She's outside running and it's simply the placement of her shirt that is misleading," her rep, Marcel Pariseau, tells PEOPLE of Johansson.

To avoid this very problem, Underwood said recently that she chooses her wardrobe carefully, saying "when I wear something a little baggier, I'm like, nope, people are going to think I'm hiding something."

Step 2: Single out the one photo that portrays her as a mere mortal
"She was followed and photographed for over 20 minutes and I'm sure there are other photos in the series that show and prove that she is not pregnant," the rep points out.

Step 3: Set the record straight
"Scarlett is not pregnant," Pariseau says, adding for good measure, "She's been training for The Avengers for over four months and is in the best shape of her life."

So there.

Pony
04-12-2011, 10:24 PM
That pic looks like it might be photoshopped to me.

Softdreamer
04-12-2011, 10:45 PM
look at the curve of her back.. if anything its mid breath and stepping down a curb. Not pregnant.

Jezter
04-13-2011, 06:43 AM
WTF? Is this what Paparazzi and Hollywood do all day every day now? Stare at actresses bellies to see if there is a babybump? There's a little bump even if she was just normal and healthy and not skeleton skinny sicklet. FFS.

PapaZ
04-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Seeing ScarJo running is not very "news worthy" but, if you can make up a a story that she's preggers, then you've hit gold. Fukkin hacks will do anything to print a story.

Jezter
04-13-2011, 02:52 PM
ScarJo is a gorgeous woman and I hope she will not get rid of all her amazing curves. So that I can see them in some high-quality photos and not in some shitty paparazzi snaps. :x

Joebob034
04-13-2011, 03:51 PM
I wore a rubber so if she's pregnant it ain't mine

Midnight_Beacon
04-21-2011, 05:46 PM
WTF? Is this what Paparazzi and Hollywood do all day every day now? Stare at actresses bellies to see if there is a babybump? There's a little bump even if she was just normal and healthy and not skeleton skinny sicklet. FFS.

You nailed it on the head! Thank you. <3

Muddy
04-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Show me those thick pregnant lips, girl...