PDA

View Full Version : Insomiac seeks rent-an-owl for nightime slumber

Teh One Who Knocks
10-23-2012, 11:57 AM
The Sun

http://i.imgur.com/MqeXe.jpg

AN insomniac is offering £25 per hour for someone to dress as an OWL and watch over her as she sleeps.

The woman, known only as Susan, posted an ad for her night-time watcher online, insisting the job "is not a joke".

If candidates do not want to wear the owl suit the hourly rate drops to £22 - but she would still expect them to "stick a feather or two" on to their foreheads.

Three staff are required on a rota, with successful applicants working from 11pm to 6am in her home in Melbourne, Australia.

Susan appealed on the Australian Gumtree website for someone to “sit in my room at night and watch over me as I sleep".

She added: “I have always found great comfort in the idea that owls are the natural lookouts of our world and so it would really help.

“I’d be prepared to pay you up to £25 if you were to wear the costume and maybe £22 if you don’t want the costume but will stick a feather or two to your forehead.

"I will provide you one muesli bar if you get hungry but no dinner breaks.

“I’d prefer if you didn’t face me when you ate the bar as I would find that very off-putting even if i’m already asleep."