PDA

View Full Version : Dad delivers own child...in hospital

Teh One Who Knocks
10-24-2012, 10:46 AM
By JAMES BEAL - The Sun

http://i.imgur.com/OYxcnm.jpg

A DAD had to deliver his wife’s baby in hospital — because there were no midwives.

“Petrified” Daniel Araujo, 36, begged for help when he saw his son’s head poke out of Natalia’s underwear in a maternity ward’s reception area.

But the only staff member ran out to get help — and the removals boss was left to deliver the baby ALONE.

The couple had been told to wait at 1.30am after Natalia asked for a pain-relieving epidural. Two hours later she began to have contractions every minute.

Natalia got into a standing position as Daniel put his hand under the baby’s head.

Just one push later and he caught Daniel junior — then noticed he was struggling to breathe with the umbilical cord around his neck.

Brazil-born Daniel said: “I put my finger around it and twisted Daniel around to free him. He started to cry. We felt extremely relieved.

“I saw how it was done with my first two kids. If I wasn’t there he’d have fallen on to the floor. I thought he was going to die.”

Seconds later midwives arrived. They wrapped 8lb Daniel in a blanket then whisked Natalia, 27, to a ward at Hillingdon Hospital in Uxbridge, West London.

The couple, who also have daughters Sarah, seven, and Hannah, two, want an inquiry. Both mum and child are healthy in Southall, West London.

Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust apologised and plans to investigate.

Muddy
10-24-2012, 01:36 PM
What kind of hospital is this? :lol:

DemonGeminiX
10-24-2012, 01:53 PM
London, eh? That's tough, man.

You don't need a freakin' doctor. Deliver that fucker right there on your own!

Teh One Who Knocks
10-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Free healthcare FTW ;)

DemonGeminiX
10-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Naw, that dude's just HARDCORE, man!!! HARD-fuckin'-CORE!!!!

Acid Trip
10-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Free healthcare FTW ;)

One thing people forget about government run health care is that you can't sue the federal government. Their mistakes have no monetary repercussions.

FBD
10-24-2012, 02:03 PM
One thing people forget about government run health care is that you can't sue the federal government. Their mistakes have no monetary repercussions.

:lol: excluding the detrimental effects on the people subject to their mistakes, of course ;)

they are very lucky, the kid could have been seriously injured by having the UC wrapped around its neck. that usually results in a brain damaged, retarded baby if they lose oxygen.