PDA

View Full Version : Mother saves son with fecal matter transplant

FBD
10-25-2012, 07:57 PM
"I wish I didnt know that" - that's a funny ass way to look at it

http://iwidk.com/2012/10/24/mother-saves-her-own-toddlers-life-by-transplanting-her-fecal-matter-into-her-son/#more-30495

http://iwidk.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Tatum-Williams-Mother-saved-sons-life-transplanted-fecal-matter-Jesse.jpg

Tatum Williams, 28, was all for offering her feces for her 20-month-old son’s Fecal Microbiota Transplantation after multiple failed attempts to save him from Clostridium difficile (C. diff), a deadly disease of the gut.

Since his premature birth, the small boy would lose significant weight each time he had a bowel movement, resulting from an intestinal bug that self-duplicates.

Unfortunately, the bug strengthens after prolonged antibiotic treatment, as healthy bacteria is eliminated.

Disheartened after witnessing her son go through a list of unsuccessful treatments, Williams agreed to participate in the procedure that transplants her stool into the body of her son through nasal tubes.

The operation is risky for anyone, especially a small child, and pediatricians at Johns Hopkins were hesitant to green-light the procedure.

“The concerns were basically perforation of the bowel in such a young child. So fragile, so delicate,” operating doctor Sudhir K. Dutta told NBC.

Fortunately the procedure was success, and Williams is currently observing behavior and health in her son she has yet to see since his birth.

“Within two days, I saw changes,” said Williams. “It was unbelievable.”

Muddy
10-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Whats funny about this? It's a viable treatment option that works in a huge amount of cases..

Goofy
10-25-2012, 10:04 PM
She's cute :)

Hal-9000
10-25-2012, 10:05 PM
I recall telling someone here about this process when I was suffering from a serious gut problem....they poo-poo'ed it :hand:

I was right....again.

Griffin
10-25-2012, 10:07 PM
I think I would have just eaten more yogurt.

Goofy
10-25-2012, 10:07 PM
I recall telling someone here about this process when I was suffering from a serious gut problem....they poo-poo'ed it :hand:

I got this for you mate - :coat:

Hal-9000
10-25-2012, 10:11 PM
man...I was sick every day for 3 years. If they would have offered, I would have tried the process for sure.

Sometimes both the good and bad bacteria vanish from your stomach, or lower bowels and like the lad in the story, when you do have a bowel movement you actually feel sicker :(

It took me a number of tests, trying every thing proposed to me and finally pro biotic supplements and yogurt helped. It took over 8 months of that though, before I even started feeling hungry.

Goofy
10-25-2012, 10:14 PM
man...I was sick every day for 3 years. If they would have offered, I would have tried the process for sure.

Sometimes both the good and bad bacteria vanish from your stomach, or lower bowels and like the lad in the story, when you do have a bowel movement you actually feel sicker :(

It took me a number of tests, trying every thing proposed to me and finally pro biotic supplements and yogurt helped. It took over 8 months of that though, before I even started feeling hungry.

You ain't half been through a lot of pain/sickness mate :wha: I assume you ain't a God believer? :lol:

Hal-9000
10-25-2012, 10:21 PM
You ain't half been through a lot of pain/sickness mate :wha: I assume you ain't a God believer? :lol:

God doesn't put guns in people's hands or disease in their lives......you Atheists gotta stop thinking that way :lol:

Man walks his own path, fully responsible for each step. God taps him on the shoulder every once in awhile to quietly ask - Are you sure about this? :lol: :lol:
Even then, we get the final decision....

The stomach thing came from taking Mexican penicillin (seriously :lol:) for a dental thing...coupled with a longtime shitty diet of pure flour and sugar, my body just shut down and said - stop.

deebakes
10-26-2012, 03:16 AM
:wank:

Richard Cranium
10-26-2012, 03:39 AM
I'm sending Hal a box of my shit.