PDA

View Full Version : Hennessey-tuned Cadillac hits 220 mph on Texas highway

Teh One Who Knocks
10-26-2012, 11:03 AM
By Justin Hyde | Motoramic

http://i.imgur.com/vKAPt.jpg

Texas tuner John Hennessey's work on big Detroit iron has its acolytes and detractors, but the man knows how to show off his wares. To highlight the top-speed performance of some of his big rigs, Texas authorities let him take a full-speed blast down the state's newest toll road outside Austin that opened today, one that features an 85-mph speed limit. It's just long enough for the 1,200-hp, twin-turbo Cadillac CTS-V coupe to hit 220.5 mph.

Hennessey told Jalopnik that the stunt came about after a conversation with state officials and an offer to test out a toll tag system to see if it could accurately report fines at triple-digit speeds. In addition to his 1,200-hp CTS-V coupe, Hennessey also brought a 707-hp Chevy Camaro ZL1 that managed to hit 203.9 mph along the same strip, with an even better sound. Hennessey says the CTS-V might have done 230 mph had he been granted another mile of tarmac.

And for the record: All of the electronics used by Texas state officials, including their radar guns, worked perfectly during the run. Word to the wise: 85 mph will probably be fast enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_0von_5SRk

Muddy
10-26-2012, 01:55 PM
We have a chick at work that has a CTS-V..

FBD
10-26-2012, 03:39 PM
the fkn beverly hillbillies can do 85. 85 is average speed on the highways in CT. I at least applaud them for getting a more rational speed limit there.

here, forget about it. they kept it at 55 in zones where there's good hiding spots just for the tax revenue.

Hal-9000
10-26-2012, 06:50 PM
you know Kevin jacked that thing up in his garage and it hit 220 :lol:

Acid Trip
10-26-2012, 06:53 PM
I don't usually like Cadillacs, but that one makes me want to get naked.

Loser
10-26-2012, 08:31 PM
I don't usually like Cadillacs, but that one makes me want to get naked.

No shit, that thing sounded fkin tough :drool: