PDA

View Full Version : Fringe

Pages : [1] 2

Midnight_Beacon
01-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Tonight is Friday which means Fringe! I can't wait to see it. For the no spoilers folks, I won't speculate on what tonight's episode will be. Instead, what did you think of August's experiment? (I think that's the name of our Watcher) Interesting way to test if Walter would be willing to risk loosing Peter & prove he has changed.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-28-2011, 11:55 AM
Yeah, we touched upon that at the temp place....seemed like a lot of work that he went through just to give Peter a headache so he would drink Walter's tainted milk :-k

Midnight_Beacon
01-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Yeah, we touched upon that at the temp place....seemed like a lot of work that he went through just to give Peter a headache so he would drink Walter's tainted milk :-k

My husband & I talked about that. They're not human, so they think differently than we do. They also had to make sure Walter knew there was a possible threat to Peter, since the test was about Walter's reaction. Had he changed & would he risk his son?

Not sure if this one has been discussed, (I didn't see it if it had) but what did you all think of Alternate Olivia deciding to sleep with Peter? She has a boyfriend whom she lives with - and she could have killed Peter once he found her out but didn't. Do you think Olivia still has her memories or did she loose them as she regained her own? Poor other Broyle's wife & kids. They'll never know what happened to him.

Pony
01-28-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm still not sure the whole headache/milk thing was foreseen by :hi:.

He did say there are things they can't know, I think the whole purpose was to test Walter and everything else was just consequences.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-28-2011, 12:15 PM
That's true, he did say there were many threads that the future could follow and that they didn't know which future was the true one. :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
01-28-2011, 12:16 PM
My husband & I talked about that. They're not human, so they think differently than we do. They also had to make sure Walter knew there was a possible threat to Peter, since the test was about Walter's reaction. Had he changed & would he risk his son?

Not sure if this one has been discussed, (I didn't see it if it had) but what did you all think of Alternate Olivia deciding to sleep with Peter? She has a boyfriend whom she lives with - and she could have killed Peter once he found her out but didn't. Do you think Olivia still has her memories or did she loose them as she regained her own? Poor other Broyle's wife & kids. They'll never know what happened to him.

Yeah, I dunno why Alt-Liv did that. Was it to screw with the 'real' Liv or did she really fall for Peter and she was in a way hoping that she would be stuck in our universe? :-k

Pony
01-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I dunno why Alt-Liv did that. Was it to screw with the 'real' Liv or did she really fall for Peter and she was in a way hoping that she would be stuck in our universe? :-k

I think it was partially just to get close and try and manipulate him....

Teh One Who Knocks
01-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Yeah, that's probably why she did it, but I think she started actually developing feelings for him too.

PapaZ
01-28-2011, 12:33 PM
La la la... I can't here you... I've been downloading the series to watch all at once an don't know what's going on at all... la la la!

Midnight_Beacon
01-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Don't look Papa! :hi: You need to catch up.

Yeah, that's probably why she did it, but I think she started actually developing feelings for him too.

I think you're right about developing feelings. She also seemed to be looking for ... something. Alt Liv was asking Peter if he thought it really could be just one world. Peter said what our Olivia did - that there has to be a way for both worlds to exist. I wonder how she's going to feel when she finds out they stuck our Olivia in her life.

I think they should bring the family of the Other Broyles over here so they can be with our Broyles. While I'm wishing, I want Charlie back too.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-28-2011, 09:11 PM
I wonder how much more we're gonna see of the alt-Fringe team from here on out :-k

Pony
01-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Don't look Papa! :hi: You need to catch up.

I think you're right about developing feelings. She also seemed to be looking for ... something. Alt Liv was asking Peter if he thought it really could be just one world. Peter said what our Olivia did - that there has to be a way for both worlds to exist. I wonder how she's going to feel when she finds out they stuck our Olivia in her life.

I think they should bring the family of the Other Broyles over here so they can be with our Broyles. While I'm wishing, I want Charlie back too.

I'm hoping actually being "here" softened alt Liz up a bit. After all she grew up believing all the propaganda on there side about the "war". Seeing it for herself might have generated a bit of sympathy for us.

I wonder how much more we're gonna see of the alt-Fringe team from here on out :-k

I'm sure we will at some point.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-31-2011, 12:33 AM
Wow...that was an awesome episode :shock:

Check in after you've seen it so we can discuss it

Hal-9000
01-31-2011, 03:13 PM
Evil Peter.....I love it

Teh One Who Knocks
01-31-2011, 03:41 PM
That's one of my questions....is Peter evil or was he just being truthful when he told Walter that he just wanted answers. Plus, how did he break Fauxlivia's code in the paperwork to find the shapeshifters? :-k

Pony
01-31-2011, 03:44 PM
That's one of my questions....is Peter evil or was he just being truthful when he told Walter that he just wanted answers. Plus, how did he break Fauxlivia's code in the paperwork to find the shapeshifters? :-k

That's what I was thinking, Fauxolivia got to him before she left and told him.

And the plot thickens....

Hal-9000
01-31-2011, 03:48 PM
I think something has hardened him...the way he dispatched the shapeshifters and saying - they're not people anyways...something has changed within IMO.

and how about Walter? Getting to where Peter was almost killed and pretty much saving the day....Go Walter!

Teh One Who Knocks
01-31-2011, 03:55 PM
I think something has hardened him...the way he dispatched the shapeshifters and saying - they're not people anyways...something has changed within IMO.

and how about Walter? Getting to where Peter was almost killed and pretty much saving the day....Go Walter!

He has definitely changed, but I dunno what the event was that changed him. Was it being deceived by Fauxlivia?

When Liv apologized to him about thinking only about herself and not what he had been thru with Fauxlivia, he seemed genuinely happy....so how long has he been pretending I wonder? :-k

Hal-9000
01-31-2011, 04:03 PM
He's going to kill the real Olivia, stuff her and then put a tattoo on the back of her neck and do dirty things...

Pony
01-31-2011, 04:07 PM

He has definitely changed, but I dunno what the event was that changed him. Was it being deceived by Fauxlivia?

When Liv apologized to him about thinking only about herself and not what he had been thru with Fauxlivia, he seemed genuinely happy....so how long has he been pretending I wonder? :-k

Or is it like Walter said, being close to the machine "weaponized" him... I thought at the time that that was an excuse Walter made up to justify Peters actions.

Hal-9000
01-31-2011, 04:15 PM
I'm thinking it's the machine too, Walters explanation seemed the most feasible

Teh One Who Knocks
01-31-2011, 04:43 PM
Or is it like Walter said, being close to the machine "weaponized" him... I thought at the time that that was an excuse Walter made up to justify Peters actions.

I'm thinking it's the machine too, Walters explanation seemed the most feasible

I didn't think of that....so maybe the machine will change Peter to where he wants to activate the machine and destroy the universe? :-k

Hal-9000
01-31-2011, 04:48 PM
I wonder if Joshua Jackson has any movies or other things lined up in the near future?

:lol: that may indicate where his character will go this season...

and did you see Walter craving the bananas and making faces? :lol: damn that made me laugh

Teh One Who Knocks
01-31-2011, 04:50 PM
I hope they don't end up killing him off :(

I loved it....Walter always cracks me up :lol:

Hal-9000
01-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Walter was so casual about having chimp dna affect his body...I love that guy :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-31-2011, 04:55 PM
I know! He was telling Astrid not to worry because his immune system would get rid of it eventually :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-31-2011, 07:09 PM
I have a bad feeling that something bad will happen to Peter this season :(

Between the weapon having an effect on him and the way the Watcher is setting up where Walter will let him die in an upcoming scenario....it doesn't sound good. :sad2:

PapaZ
02-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Damn! I couldn't wait so I watched them all before Fridays episode and then watched it.

I think Fauxlivia... with her long red hair... is definitely hotter than the real Olivia. And, Hal, the real Olivia already does have a tattoo on the back of her neck. She caught a glimpse of it in a mirror.
I can't determine which side Peter is really on. After all, he's from the other Universe.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Didn't they put that tattoo on the real Liv when she was in the other universe? To make her think she was the Fauxlivia when they were trying to brainwash her? :-k

Pony
02-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Yes, but I don't remember if she had it removed when she got back or not.

Hal-9000
02-06-2011, 02:49 AM
Just finished season 3, episode 12

I won't discuss plot just yet.Do anyone note how Walter in this one was a little more like his old doddering self? I think something's coming...

Hal-9000
02-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Ok, I'll start.

They're portraying Walter as slightly crazy again, I predict he'll become like Walternate at one point, regaining all of his marbles somehow.

I liked how the bowling guy was brought back in and the implication as to who he really is....one of the first people or at least one of the book writers?

I did not like the end part talking about Peter...It will come down to love, who he cares for most....that will determine which universe survives.
If I was Olivia, I'd be smiling a whole lot more, wearing some dresses and getting REAL slutty with Pete :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2011, 05:11 PM
^^^^ Didn't read

I am gonna watch this later today

Teh One Who Knocks
02-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Ok, I'll start.

They're portraying Walter as slightly crazy again, I predict he'll become like Walternate at one point, regaining all of his marbles somehow.

I liked how the bowling guy was brought back in and the implication as to who he really is....one of the first people or at least one of the book writers?

I did not like the end part talking about Peter...It will come down to love, who he cares for most....that will determine which universe survives.
If I was Olivia, I'd be smiling a whole lot more, wearing some dresses and getting REAL slutty with Pete :lol:

I liked the episode a lot....still sinking in though. Not sure what I think overall :-k

Hal-9000
02-09-2011, 05:43 PM
I liked the episode a lot....still sinking in though. Not sure what I think overall :-k

Has it sank in through the first ten inches of your skull yet?

:tapfoot:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Has it sank in through the first ten inches of your skull yet?

:tapfoot:

:beatdown:

Hal-9000
02-11-2011, 12:37 AM
Maybe by next week's episode, Lance will decide what he thought about last week's episode...
Stay tuned TV fans for the thrilling conclusion!

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2011, 12:52 AM
Now I'm not gonna tell you [-(

Hal-9000
02-11-2011, 01:11 AM
Now I'm not gonna tell you [-(

:beatdown:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2011, 01:20 AM
So...is bowling alley dude like a zillion years old or something? :-k

Hal-9000
02-11-2011, 01:55 AM
So...is bowling alley dude like a zillion years old or something? :-k

It would seem so...he's supposed to be very wise, yet he drinks crappy beer and polishes balls for a living :lol: I don't see it

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2011, 02:00 AM
With all the hints/clues/foreshadowing they keep giving, I'm trying to figure out the end game of this season :-k

Hal-9000
02-11-2011, 02:05 AM
How about this

The dual storyline and characters are too much for the writers to handle so they blow the alt-universe to bits and it seems that Faux-livia and Walternate and Badass-Broyles are gone.
Just as the season ender closes, the viewers see a tiny doorway left open.. implying that the multi-universes are still intact.That way the alt characters can reappear in later episodes
should the ratings lag :razz:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2011, 02:07 AM
No :hand:

Hal-9000
02-11-2011, 02:10 AM
They catch Walter interfering with the cow in a impure way and he's sent back to the sanitarium? :-s

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2011, 02:11 AM
I just have a bad feeling that this is gonna be the last season :sad2:

Hal-9000
02-11-2011, 02:14 AM
This one will continue...I believe that Supernatural will end soon tho..

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2011, 02:15 AM
Well if it does continue, it almost seems like there will be something major at the end of the season happening. Peter dying maybe? Or someone else major from the cast :-k

Hal-9000
02-11-2011, 02:29 AM
It's such a deep storyline with the two universes, I hope they don't kill someone or make radical changes.I guess Nimoy won't be back so the William Bell character will probably be flashbacks only.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2011, 02:30 AM
Well, it seems like they are definitely trying to set it up to lead us to believe that Peter will die.

Hal-9000
02-11-2011, 02:40 AM
I hope nothing happens to Walter's character or the actor John Noble who plays him.He's so good.

Do you remember his part in Lord of the Rings: Hour 17, when he was the faux-lord of Minas Tirith?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2011, 02:46 AM
I had no idea he was in LOTR :lol:

Hal-9000
02-11-2011, 02:57 AM
Somehow I knew that :lol:

He was Denethor, father of Boromir and Faramir.He was under the influence of Sauron's evil and he got a little more twisted and crazy as the movie progressed.
He made Pippen sing to him whike he was drooling tomato juice down his chin

http://i.imgur.com/tBFMb.jpg

Hal-9000
02-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Someone was requesting stories from the alt-world?

:cheerlead:

Pony
02-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Yep. I guess Walternate does have a heart buried deep within somewhere. By refusing to experiment on kids he's one up on Walter. Of course that all is a result of his own son being kidnapped....

Hal-9000
02-15-2011, 04:37 PM
I love the development of Faux-livia being pregnant by Peter.

Now the plot thickens...

Teh One Who Knocks
02-15-2011, 04:41 PM
*covers eyes*

Can't read anything in here yet, still haven't watched the episode yet :huh:

Hal-9000
02-15-2011, 04:45 PM
STAY OOOOOT!

you know better

PapaZ
02-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Ok, I'll start.

Walter snorted some concoction trying to re-grow the lost part of his brain... only to realize it was made with simian DNA. I think that's why he's acting the way he is... he's going ape-shit. :lol:

Hal-9000
02-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Walter snorted some concoction trying to re-grow the lost part of his brain... only to realize it was made with simian DNA. I think that's why he's acting the way he is... he's going ape-shit. :lol:

:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-17-2011, 02:13 AM
Yep. I guess Walternate does have a heart buried deep within somewhere. By refusing to experiment on kids he's one up on Walter. Of course that all is a result of his own son being kidnapped....

Yeah, I suppose that kinda puts him up a bit on Walter, but at least Walter doesn't want to kill people whereas Walternate leaves quite a body count wherever he goes :wha:

I love the development of Faux-livia being pregnant by Peter.

Now the plot thickens...

So will that be what tips the scales? Will Peter choose Fauxlivia because she's pregnant with his kid and that means he will destroy our universe? :-k

Hal-9000
02-18-2011, 01:36 AM
I believe her being pregnant will be a huge deciding factor...wasn't it the bowling alley dude who said that Peter may select the other side or something like that?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2011, 08:44 PM
This isn't good :(

Joshua Jackson: 'Start the campaign' to save 'Fringe'
by James Hibberd - Entertainment Weekly

Fans wondering about the fate of Fringe are not alone. Star Joshua Jackson is watching the ratings along with the rest of us.

“I’m a positive person in general, but we really need our Fringe fans to tune in and watch us on Fridays,” Jackson tells EW. “We did good when we first moved, but last week we did not have a good week, ratings wise. It is going to take the people that like the show to watch the show and start the campaign and show their support if they want to see us stick around for another season.”

Meanwhile, more data has come in about those ratings from last Friday: The episode’s adult demo climbed 57 percent over the next three days thanks to DVR playback. That’s a lot, and higher than the previous Friday’s Fringe DVR gain, suggesting that more fans are electing to watch the show over the weekend (not enough, however, to change the overall story — numbers still fell when comparing week to week). Still, the data reinforces Jackson’s point: Fans need to watch the show on Fridays.

As for what comes next on the show, Jackson gave us more reasons to tune in …

“Apparently I’m gonna be a dad,” he says. “And it is like the most extreme long-distance relationship, which I am pretty good at as it turns out in real life. My baby mama is in another universe. I think he has to find out, but I don’t know exactly how we’re gonna work that out yet. I have not see the finale script yet or anything. The whole other universe thing and the machine and the war of the two worlds is obviously the end of this season. But you would think they can’t just let the baby thing fall away.”

Jackson also noted the show has gotten “very Romeo and Juliet-ish in” the last couple of weeks but says the show “will go back to some straight Fringeiness very soon.”

“We have been exploring our feelings a lot lately,” he says. “I feel sort of bad for fans of the relationship. The Peter-Olivia supporters have been taken for quite a ride. He wants to be with her, and in his mind it was her. But in her mind, he should have been able to tell the difference. But we get back to some cold hard out-there science stuff soon enough.”

We’re ready for more Fringeiness! Check back on Saturday mornings to see the latest Fringe ratings.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2011, 08:45 PM
I believe her being pregnant will be a huge deciding factor...wasn't it the bowling alley dude who said that Peter may select the other side or something like that?

Yup, he said that it will be up to Peter as to what universe to save and Nina said that of course he would pick 'our' universe....and the bowling alley guy said something like "I wouldn't be so sure of that"

Pony
02-18-2011, 09:52 PM
This isn't good :(

Told ya, it's the death slot. Someone high up at fox just doesn't like sci-fi. Or is an idiot. Probably both.

Pony
02-18-2011, 09:54 PM
The good news is that since it is such a strong show and has had time to "prove" itself I think that even if it gets the ax it's got a good chance of being picked up be one of the cable channels.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Told ya, it's the death slot. Someone high up at fox just doesn't like sci-fi. Or is an idiot. Probably both.

The good news is that since it is such a strong show and has had time to "prove" itself I think that even if it gets the ax it's got a good chance of being picked up be one of the cable channels.

God I hope so :wha:

Pony
02-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Yup, he said that it will be up to Peter as to what universe to save and Nina said that of course he would pick 'our' universe....and the bowling alley guy said something like "I wouldn't be so sure of that"

Also can't the machine be used for good or evil? If it's powerful enough to destroy a universe it should be powerful enough to sever the link between them, that would save both IMO. I guess it all depends on Peter and what he becomes as the show progresses.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Also can't the machine be used for good or evil? If it's powerful enough to destroy a universe it should be powerful enough to sever the link between them, that would save both IMO. I guess it all depends on Peter and what he becomes as the show progresses.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they said that the machine has the ability to create as well as destroy :-k

Hal-9000
02-18-2011, 10:13 PM
watch...Pete will make a tough choice on which universe to save....jump in the machine
and get fried to a crisp :lol:

Pony
02-18-2011, 10:18 PM
watch...Pete will make a tough choice on which universe to save....jump in the machine
and get fried to a crisp :lol:

...and Walter makes an off the wall comment about craving fried chicken...

Hal-9000
02-18-2011, 10:20 PM
:lol: bingo

Midnight_Beacon
02-20-2011, 06:37 AM
The folks who are fans of the relationship might just be the ones not watching anymore. I don't know that I'm going to want to keep watching if he does choose the other Olivia.[1] I don't like her. Sure she smiles more easily.... she smiled when she pulled a gun on Peter too. She also didn't blink at killing the deaf guy in cold blood.

I liked it better when it was more weird science, less drama in the relationship.

[1] Of course, if he chooses the other Olivia, our world will be destroyed & not much reason to watch anymore anyway now is there.

Hal-9000
02-20-2011, 07:32 PM
Looks like Peter is gettin some from the real Olivia too *cues 70's porno music*

can you imagine a threesome with both Olivia's?

I can :face:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Excellent episode :thumbsup:

I was worried in the middle when Liv tried to kiss Peter and then freaked out, I thought she was signing the death warrant for our universe. Then at the end sh made up for it :naughty:

PapaZ
02-21-2011, 05:53 PM
One fact that seems to be overlooked in this discussion is that Peter is really from the alternate Universe... so where his loyalties fall is totally up in the air. And now that he's gettin' a little sumthin-sumthin from the real Olivia leaves the possibility that she, too, might turn up preggers. I absolutely love this show and will do my part by turning every TV in the house to Fringe when it airs... but I'll still download it to watch without commercial interruption. :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
02-21-2011, 06:57 PM
One fact that seems to be overlooked in this discussion is that Peter is really from the alternate Universe... so where his loyalties fall is totally up in the air. And now that he's gettin' a little sumthin-sumthin from the real Olivia leaves the possibility that she, too, might turn up preggers. I absolutely love this show and will do my part by turning every TV in the house to Fringe when it airs... but I'll still download it to watch without commercial interruption. :thumbsup:

I think that's what the latest episode may have been hinting at.The exact similarities at times between the two universes.

Good call on the pregnant thing Papa...maybe in both worlds Olivia gets preggers and then Pete has to make a HUGE decision.

Pony
02-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Interesting flashback from both sides. Olive met Peter as kids? That's new.

Hal-9000
02-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Interesting flashback from both sides. Olive met Peter as kids? That's new.

I was a little confused when young Olive and Peter came back after being missing.She was standing in front of (our) Walter's desk and told about the stepfather hitting her...
and then she was suddenly in Walternate's world? Did I get that right?

Pony
02-27-2011, 06:30 PM
I thought it was the other way. Walternate was behind the desk... I dunno, might have to watch that again.

Hal-9000
02-27-2011, 06:32 PM
I thought it was the other way. Walternate was behind the desk... I dunno, might have to watch that again.

I assumed that near the end when her and Peter came walking up the street, they were in our world.Peter got whisked away with his Mom from this side and I
assumed Olivia walked into (our?) Walter's office at that point....

Teh One Who Knocks
03-03-2011, 02:46 AM
I was a little confused when young Olive and Peter came back after being missing.She was standing in front of (our) Walter's desk and told about the stepfather hitting her...
and then she was suddenly in Walternate's world? Did I get that right?

I just watched the episode....I saw it the same way you did Pony

Good episode, a lot of stuff in there

Hal-9000
03-13-2011, 06:45 PM
omg...did Fringe just jump the shark??

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2011, 10:07 PM
omg...did Fringe just jump the shark??

If you are referring to what I think you are, I don't think so :-k

Pony
03-13-2011, 10:09 PM
WTF?

Teh One Who Knocks
03-14-2011, 02:12 PM
See, I don't think it jumped the shark, I agree with this snippet from the episode review at Entertainment Weekly (don't read if you haven't seen the episode):

The pinch-me moment of the night was saved for last. After much howling from Walter about “soul magnets” and his needing to be in contact with Bell, whose soul was “energy” that needed a “vessel” to manifest itself, who did Bell choose to speak through but Olivia. This was a clever development, to be sure; the even more clever decision on the part of everyone involved was to have Anna Torv imitate the voice of Leonard Nimoy, instead of doing the obvious thing and have her lip-synch Nimoy reading the lines. It’s no wonder Torv’s name went a-Twitter trending sky-high after the episode concluded: This was the internet version of an instant Emmy.

Hal-9000
03-14-2011, 05:52 PM
If you are referring to what I think you are, I don't think so :-k

Yep...that exact moment.I can buy a lot of things that Fringe writes about...not someone ringing a bell, somehow corralling the soul of someone who's been dead for months and inserting it in another body due to the bell ring.

When Olivia started talking I wasn't even watching the screen and knew what was happening by her cheesy imitation.I was laughing and laughing and laughing.

Regarding the online article - of course they wouldn't dub in Nimoy's voice.It's still Olivia's vocal chords and body :rolleyes:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Well I liked it [-(

Teh One Who Knocks
03-14-2011, 07:07 PM
'Fringe': Save this show! A guide (and a plea) for new fans.
by Ken Tucker - Entertainment Weekly

The bonds of family, the ecstasy of romance, the exhilaration of intellectual inquiry, and a secret government agency working to protect you from all kinds of crazy, weird stuff. If I told you there was a TV series featuring all of that, plus great acting and superb action sequences, wouldn’t you want to watch that?

Sure you would. And people who are watching Fringe now know it’s doing something rare. It’s a TV show working on all levels, characters with which anyone can identify, imaginative scripts, crackling dialogue, and a positive message (boiled-down: All you need is love). It’s the kind of show that, every time you finish watching the latest installment, you want to see its next episode right now.

A new episode of Fringe, titled “Os,” airs tonight, and as I explain and exhort in the new issue of Entertainment Weekly on sale today, you’re making a mistake if you miss it.

But if you’re not watching Fringe — and in case you haven’t figured it out yet, this is a passionate please-save-Fringe plea to you and to the dear, intelligent, how-much-flattery-do-you-need folks at Fox — here’s what I suggest: Forget everything you’ve heard about Fringe. Banish the notion that you’ll be confused by the serialized nature of its storytelling, that it’s too deep into its mythology for you to catch up. It’s not.

Because like the best TV, Fringe works on a number of levels, and one level is, it’s highly entertaining, accessible stuff. All you really need to know about Anna Torv’s Olivia Dunham and Josh Jackson’s Peter Bishop is that they’re brave investigators for the FBI’s Fringe Division, seeking to solve the mysteries of our world, which may be in jeopardy from another, alternate version of our world. And, by the way, Peter and Olivia are in love in a manner that’s so glowing with passion yet so challenged by emotional roadblocks thrown in their way, they make Romeo and Juliet look like Phil and Claire Dunphy.

And all you really need to know about John Noble’s Walter Bishop is that he’s a brilliant scientist who’s also emotionally fragile, playfully eccentric, and a junk-food junkie (it’s unlikely any other genius has referred to Pop-Tarts as “delicious strawberry-flavored death”). Oh, and by the way, Noble deserves an Emmy for his extraordinarily delicate, wide-ranging performances.

At its big, red, throbbing heart, the show tells the story of a love so powerful, it crosses universes: When Peter was seven, he died. His brilliant-scientist father, Walter, having discovered that there was a parallel universe containing doubles of everyone here, transported himself to that Other Side and brought back that universe’s Peter, to love and to cherish. In doing so, he created not just a rift in the universes (which are now dangerously, explosively out of balance), but also a rift between father and son (when Peter discovered who he really was, and grappled with the idea that he belonged to another Walter, a “Walternate”).

This is the bare-bones version of Fringe, which is creatively capacious enough to also take in the dual nature that resides in every one of us; arcane conspiracy theories that end up as eerie realities; and the over-arching idea held by every regular reader of Entertainment Weekly that we can experience everything – politics, art, philosophy, and cures for loneliness — through the culture around us.

From The Twilight Zone to Battlestar Galactica, the sci-fi/fantasy genre has been downbeat, dystopian, pessimistic, and bleak. In that context, who can blame viewers leery of Fringe, after seeing all those Fox promos in which the heroes yelp variations on “Our whole universe may end!”? We get enough of that kind of message on other channels, like Fox News and MSNBC. Successful, hit TV shows, all hits of any pop-culture kind, have one thing in common: reassurance. They make you feel that, when you get up off the sofa, you’ve not only been entertained and, at best, mentally stimulated, but you’ve also been assured that life goes on and the future is sustainable.

This positive, utopian, optimistic message is the one Fringe delivers; it’s just that it comes wrapped in a package that some people have too quickly pigeonholed as “dark,” “gritty,” “complicated,” and “it might make my head hurt.”

I’m not going to guilt-trip you and say that if you don’t watch Fringe, you’re helping to create an atmosphere in which daring new shows won’t make it onto future network schedules. Instead, I’ll be sad that you’re not sharing in what could be the best puzzle-pieced epic since Lost, and the best portrait of a fractious family since Frasier, or perhaps even M*A*S*H. Because right now, Fringe is promising you nothing less than the world – two of ’em, in fact.

Hal-9000
03-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Agreed...Noble deserves the Emmy :thumbsup:

Pony
03-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Well... At least with Bell in Olives body maybe we can get off the love story for a couple episodes and finally get some questions answered.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Well... At least with Bell in Olives body maybe we can get off the love story for a couple episodes and finally get some questions answered.

Threesome? :shock:

Pony
03-14-2011, 09:46 PM
NOOOO! Dude! That's just weird. :mrgreen:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-14-2011, 09:59 PM
:dance:

Hal-9000
03-14-2011, 10:08 PM
I wonder if Bell will take FULL advantage of being in Olivia's body?

You know...various items from the produce department, dildos, etc?

Hal-9000
03-14-2011, 10:12 PM
*somber Spock voice*

I wonder what it feels like to wear pantyhose?

Midnight_Beacon
03-17-2011, 05:14 AM
Agreed...Noble deserves the Emmy :thumbsup:

I agree 100%. He's fantastic.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2011, 03:01 AM
Good episode :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
03-20-2011, 05:04 PM
I don't know..........the shark seems to be getting awfully close...

I did like Walter and Bell discussing transferring his energy into the cow and then the comment about Astrid after :lol: :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2011, 05:09 PM
Not sure why you think it's jumping the shark by having Bell inside Olivia for the moment :-k

I love the way Liv is trying to do her best to kinda sound like Bell :lol:

And they did kinda make reference like you mentioned earlier about Bell being inside a female with his bra comment :lol:

Hal-9000
03-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Because it's Dunham doing a poor imitation of an actor I like very much :lol:

As I mentioned before...Bell has been dead for months, Walter rings a bell once and I'm supposed to believe that Bell's soul just floats back to Olivia??? Nope....
And I think she's doing a good job 'trying', but if she's has to do a take on the cadence of his voice, why not the way he walks or the hunched over presence of an 80 yr old man?

It's all shark stuff to me and may ruin one of my favorite shows in the process.

Pony
03-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Bell Hitting on Astrid and her buttoning up her top= priceless!

I thought for sure the entire episode that they were gonna get that girls soul out of her body and put Bell in.

Did everybody catch who the FBI guy in the glasses is? It took me a moment to figure out why he seemed so familiar.

Hal-9000
03-20-2011, 05:49 PM

I thought for sure the entire episode that they were gonna get that girls soul out of her body and put Bell in.

Did everybody catch who the FBI guy in the glasses is? It took me a moment to figure out why he seemed so familiar.

oh do tell, I can't recall that part :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Because it's Dunham doing a poor imitation of an actor I like very much :lol:

As I mentioned before...Bell has been dead for months, Walter rings a bell once and I'm supposed to believe that Bell's soul just floats back to Olivia??? Nope....
And I think she's doing a good job 'trying', but if she's has to do a take on the cadence of his voice, why not the way he walks or the hunched over presence of an 80 yr old man?

It's all shark stuff to me and may ruin one of my favorite shows in the process.

I don't think that particular scenario is any more far-fetched than other story lines on the show

Who? :-k

Hal-9000
03-20-2011, 05:56 PM
soul magnets???? :rolleyes:

come on

Pony
03-20-2011, 05:59 PM
He's Alt-Olivia's partner in the alternate world, the guy that grew his face back. I recognized his voice at first, then he took off his glasses. I'm surprised Olive didn't comment on him.

Hal-9000
03-20-2011, 06:00 PM
He's Alt-Olivia's partner in the alternate world, the guy that grew his face back. I recognized his voice at first, then he took off his glasses. I'm surprised Olive didn't comment on him.

I thought he was dead in our world? I can't remember the scene at all :oops:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2011, 06:02 PM
soul magnets???? :rolleyes:

come on

A woman that can't die because of electro-magnetism from lightning? A man who makes a new compound that is lighter than air from 2 of the heaviest elements that exist on earth?

I never even noticed :confused:

And Liv wouldn't have either, since that's Bell controlling her body right now ;)

Pony
03-20-2011, 06:08 PM
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&safe=off&biw=1280&bih=791&gbv=2&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=fringe+Lincoln+lee&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=f&oq=

I don't remember him dying here, If he did that would mean they have a spy.....

Good call on the Olive/Bell not knowing, I didn't even think of that. I don't think anyone else would know him either except maybe Peter.

Hal-9000
03-20-2011, 06:09 PM
A woman that can't die because of electro-magnetism from lightning? A man who makes a new compound that is lighter than air from 2 of the heaviest elements that exist on earth?

Lance...you're asking me to change my opinion on something because you disagree with it.It won't work :lol:

the things you listed at least have a basis in science....to me, dying and the soul are something else.I see the progression as pure cheese
and don't care for it....kinda like you have with a few movies and TV shows in the past, it happens :rolleyes:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2011, 06:12 PM
Wow, amazing how the glasses and the hair make that much of a difference :shock:

http://i.imgur.com/eJKIr.png

Pony
03-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Yea, Like I said, I really didn't recognize him and probably wouldn't have except for the voice.

I'm not a big fan that a Pseudo-science based show seems to be heading more and more down the "faith" path, seems like a cop out from explaining why anything happens.

Hal-9000
03-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Wow, amazing how the glasses and the hair make that much of a difference :shock:

http://i.imgur.com/eJKIr.png

OMG....

that is the guy!!!!!! :lol:

maybe we never saw him on this side of things before...I'm sure we did :oops:

Pony
03-20-2011, 06:30 PM
And you guys thought the "Clark Kent" disguise could never fool anyone!!!

I'm poking around on "fringepedia" :mrgreen: And found pics from Observer sightings. Turns out they are in EVERY episode!

http://fringepedia.net/wiki/Observer_Appearance

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Yea, Like I said, I really didn't recognize him and probably wouldn't have except for the voice.

I'm not a big fan that a Pseudo-science based show seems to be heading more and more down the "faith" path, seems like a cop out from explaining why anything happens.

Agree 100%

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2011, 06:32 PM
And you guys thought the "Clark Kent" disguise could never fool anyone!!!

I'm poking around on "fringepedia" :mrgreen: And found pics from Observer sightings. Turns out they are in EVERY episode!

http://fringepedia.net/wiki/Observer_Appearance

I knew they said they were in every episode :lol:

Hal-9000
03-20-2011, 06:47 PM

And Lance agrees 100% to that yet has no problem with the current story line...featuring souls? :lol:

There was a good article in Reader's Digest about how faith relates to science.They found and proved that the brain actually changed, when the patient used strong internal faith as a way to combat disease.
Viable changes in the body chemistry occurred that helped fight the disorder.Whether faith actually exists wasn't the question...it was the proof that the belief caused real, physical change in the body.

For me, throughout history things like belief and superstition have often been proven or disproved in later centuries using science.In fact science and religion cross lines quite a bit in terms of mysteries/explanations.
One year a guy prays and sees a blinding light and attributes it to God.Decades later science explains it may have been energy from his own body or a completely unrelated phenomenon that caused his God-like apparition.
Doesn't make the faith aspect any less viable in my eyes, because the phenomenon occurred when he was emotionally and spiritually in need, somehow triggering it.

I think that Fringe walks that line too...they're careful not to say that God doesn't exist...yet they seem to feature stories that border the subject of death/souls/miracles quite often.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Just because I don't agree with it doesn't mean I'm just gonna dismiss the story line out of hand when there have been more ridiculous plots on the show

Hal-9000
03-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Just because I don't agree with it doesn't mean I'm just gonna dismiss the story line out of hand when there have been more ridiculous plots on the show

I understand and that's about where I'm at....it's a plotline that I feel is beneath the show's writing and we've seen some doozy's in the past when it comes to crazy theories/activities.
I also didn't want to bring this up in this thread but please don't forget....

<-----you're chatting with a card carrying member of the God-Squad right now.I could write 18 paragraphs on how I think science and religion are related, but won't.

I've only said that they've written a story line that I think is cheesy and close to shark infested waters....I will still watch the show.

Hal-9000
03-25-2011, 10:43 PM
do we get a new ep this week?

Pony
03-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Yes. Looks like it's in the alt world?

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Curiouser and curiouser :-k

Griffin
03-27-2011, 10:05 PM
When I saw "Fringe" I thought it was some new slang word for pussy, like "trim"...

...so people really get this wrapped up in tv shows, huh?

Pony
03-27-2011, 10:16 PM
...so people really get this wrapped up in tv shows, huh?

:mrgreen: Yep. Good science fiction shows are hard to come by these days, when a good one comes along we get pretty passionate about it.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2011, 10:45 PM
When I saw "Fringe" I thought it was some new slang word for pussy, like "trim"...

Yes, because that's the type of discussion that goes on in the TV and movies section

Hal-9000
03-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Yes. Looks like it's in the alt world?

Curiouser and curiouser :-k

So was there a new episode last week?

Pony
03-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Yes, you missed it. You're gonna have to wait until the DVD release now.

Hal-9000
03-28-2011, 09:46 PM
:lol: bastid..

thx

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Exclusive: 'Fringe' picked up for a third season
by Lynette Rice - Entertainment Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/dQTHO.jpg

Sci-fi fans who may be concerned about the state of the genre on network TV (we’re looking at you, V and FlashForward) have at least one reason to rejoice: EW has learned exclusively that Fox has picked up Fringe for a third season. Though the show isn’t exactly blowing the roof off of Nielsen — it’s been averaging just 7.6 million viewers and is ranked No. 50 in the all-important adults 18-49 demographic this season — it managed to survive in a tough new time period on Thursdays. The show returns with new episodes — and the promise of more visits from Leonard Nimoy and to the parallel universe — on April 1.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 09:20 PM
:cheers:

Hal-9000
03-29-2011, 09:25 PM
ummm...ermmm aren't we already watching the third season?

as in, season 3, episode 18 just aired?

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Hmmmm....that's odd :-k

It says that Fringe has been renewed and the link takes it to a year old story :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 09:29 PM
'Fringe' Renewed for Season 4
The Fox sci-fi drama has been picked up for another season.
by Lacey Rose, Philiana Ng

Fox’s cult drama Fringe has been renewed for a fourth season.

From J.J. Abrams, Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, the mindbender -- which follows the adventures of a group of government agents investigating the supernatural side of science -- has been bounced around Fox’s schedule for years. It launched on Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2008, moving to Thursdays at 9 p.m. the following season.

In mid-January, Fox moved Fringe from the ultra-competitive Thursday night time period to the otherwise-dead Friday slot, with Kitchen Nightmares as its lead-in.

The 22-episode order comes after the show garnered a series low 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic in its most recent episode"Stowaway," down 13 percent from the previous week, in which Fringe reached a low in viewership with 3.6 million tuning in.

Season to date Fringe, which stars Anna Torv, John Noble and Joshua Jackson, has averaged 3.3 million viewers in the ad-favored demo including its Thursday run, according to Nielsen. So far, it has averaged 6.3 million total viewers.

Since premiering on Fridays, the series has averaged 4.1 million viewers.

Though ratings have slid since the first season, the show tacks on significant DVR numbers. Through Feb. 20, Fringe has seen a 44 percent increase in its key demo rating, rising to a 2.6 (vs. a 1.4) when live-plus-7 numbers are factored in.

Fox entertainment chief Kevin Reilly made his case for the series' survival at the Television Critics Assn.'s semi-annual press tour earlier this year. "It's a fantastic show," he said, "and honestly I'd be heartbroken if it went away."

Executive producer J.H. Wyman tweeted the news Friday evening, saying, "Fringe was picked up!!!! Thanks Fringedom!"

UPDATE: Fox sent out a release Friday morning, and this is what Reilly, a big Fringe supporter, had to say about the renewal.

“Fringe has truly hit a creative stride and has distinguished itself as one of television’s most original programs. The series’ ingenious producers, amazingly talented cast and crew, as well as some of the most passionate and loyal fans on the planet, made this fourth-season pickup possible,” said Reilly. “When we moved the show to Fridays, we asked the fans to follow and they did. We’re thrilled to bring it back for another full season and keep it part of the Fox family."

Co-creator Abrams said in a statement: “We could not be happier that the fans of Fringe (and our most excellent partners at Fox) have allowed us to continue telling stories from the fringe for another season!”

Showrunners Jeff Pinkner and Wyman issued a joint statement, saying, "This early pickup comes at a perfect time as we start production on the Season 3 finale. We join the cast and crew in thanking our loyal fans and Fox for allowing us to have this much fun telling stories we love."

Teh One Who Knocks

Hal-9000
Hmmmm....that's odd :-k

It says that Fringe has been renewed and the link takes it to a year old story :-k

:shock:

we're in an alt-viewing universe

Hal-9000
03-29-2011, 09:31 PM

shame on you for giving us old news! :x :slap:

Hal-9000
03-29-2011, 09:32 PM
It must be alt-Lance posting these faux news stories

Bring back the real Lance!!!! :(

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 09:33 PM
I found the real story :hand:

Pony
03-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Thealtinator?

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 09:45 PM
So now that they are guaranteed a new season, I wonder how the rest of this season will play out :-k

Pony
03-29-2011, 09:52 PM
I dunno but I really wish they would get away from the current sappy shit, feels like I'm watching the afternoon soaps half the time.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 09:54 PM
You didn't like the last episode? I thought it was really good :-k

Pony
03-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Not really. Aside from them getting the entire pregnancy over with in one episode.

Hal-9000
03-29-2011, 10:13 PM
I found the real story :hand:

You made me stop and think for a moment...and that's forbidden!!! :lol:

aaaand you guys are chatting about the episode I haven't seen yet.....must ejaculate from the thread

Pony
03-29-2011, 10:18 PM
Sorry Hal, I didn't really give any details. Don't want to ruin two shows for you.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Watch the damn episode :x

Hal-9000
03-29-2011, 10:23 PM
don't worry dudes...my fault for reading the thread.Please go on and chat :thumbsup:

ffs I'm doing it again :lol: D'OH!

Hal-9000
03-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Watch the damn episode :x

I will tonight for sure....no point in watching Prison Break anymore :sad2:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 10:26 PM
I will tonight for sure....no point in watching Prison Break anymore :sad2:

Well, all I can say about PB was, they never made it a mystery that Michael was in poor health with some kind of genetic disease

Pony
03-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Hey Lance, lets just start making up shit about the episode, Hal won't know that we're messing with him until he watches it.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Hey Lance, lets just start making up shit about the episode, Hal won't know that we're messing with him until he watches it.

Hal-9000
03-29-2011, 10:50 PM

I saw that :lol:

It's actually amazing I've skipped over the other posts without seeing the gist..

OH FFS!!!!! :x pregnancy in one episode????!!!!

damn these eyes

Hal-9000
03-31-2011, 06:35 PM
watched the latest episode...

ffs I hate happy endings :x

Teh One Who Knocks
03-31-2011, 06:56 PM
How do you know it was happy? :-s

Hal-9000
03-31-2011, 07:02 PM
How do you know it was happy? :-s

:slap:

both alt-Olivia and the baby lived.......she has VPE ffs, someone should have died!!!! :x

Teh One Who Knocks
03-31-2011, 07:04 PM
How do you know one of them still isn't gonna die? :-s

Hal-9000
03-31-2011, 07:06 PM
I have faith that Walternate is planning something appropriately evil :thumbsup:

you see that last shot of him thru the blinds? :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-31-2011, 09:09 PM
I don't remember now :-k

I don't like how they are making Fauxlivia a sympathetic character now :x

Hal-9000
03-31-2011, 09:11 PM
I don't remember now :-k

I don't like how they are making Fauxlivia a sympathetic character now :x

At the very end a nurse came in and pricked the baby's foot and took a blood smear.Blood smear went discreetly from nurse to Walternate and he made some creepy comment about things being fine...now.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-31-2011, 09:14 PM
At the very end a nurse came in and pricked the baby's foot and took a blood smear.Blood smear went discreetly from nurse to Walternate and he made some creepy comment about things being fine...now.

Ah yes :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
03-31-2011, 09:17 PM
damn John Noble is a good actor...he's appropriately smart and evil as Walternate....as well as being lost and brilliant as Walter

Teh One Who Knocks
03-31-2011, 09:20 PM
Yup, how he hasn't won an Emmy yet is beyond me. Just goes to show how much the awards voters hate the sci-fi realm of TV shows :wha:

Deepsepia
04-01-2011, 12:11 AM

Note that the blood smear on the card shown when they're drawing blood is NOT the same smear or card shown being handed off later.

Check around the Fringe forums for details

http://picload.org/image/orwldi/vlcscreensnapz04.jpg

http://picload.org/image/orwlop/vlcscreensnapz04.jpg

Hal-9000
04-01-2011, 01:25 AM
boy those people really WATCH a show don't they? :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-03-2011, 06:53 PM
So should I take it that since there is a lack of a new Fringe episode on my DVR that it is now on hiatus too? :|

Hal-9000
04-03-2011, 07:00 PM
I checked most of the top shows we discuss Lance and almost all won't be back until April 7th at the earliest :|

Teh One Who Knocks
04-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Stupid TV networks :|

Pony
04-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Nope, it was the episode with the observers testing Walter.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-03-2011, 07:35 PM
I don't think there's a new one next week either :|

Teh One Who Knocks
04-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Hmmm :-k :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
04-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Now that it has sunk in more, I really loved this last episode. And the way they ended it was just :shock:

Hal-9000
04-20-2011, 01:12 AM
Man I was really divided on this one...liked the premise but hated the execution.It was brave, but not for me.

Ending was a shocker to be sure :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-20-2011, 01:14 AM
At the end when...

Liv just calmly stood there eating her toast and saying that was they guy that was gonna kill her....I was just like whoa :shock:

Hal-9000
04-20-2011, 01:16 AM
Yeah her delivery was what made it wonderful IMO...

Teh One Who Knocks
04-24-2011, 03:09 AM
Damn good episode of Fringe this week....still sinking in

Hal-9000
04-24-2011, 03:33 AM
Yes I liked it too :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
04-25-2011, 05:32 PM
Unfortunately I caught next week's preview...looks wild and only 2 episodes left :(

Teh One Who Knocks
04-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Unfortunately I caught next week's preview...looks wild and only 2 episodes left :(

Teh One Who Knocks
04-25-2011, 05:33 PM
The writers did say that this season will end in a cliffhanger I believe :-k

Hal-9000
04-25-2011, 05:36 PM
One part I really liked about the recent episode...

SPOILER BELOW AND WATCH THE DAMN SHOW WOULD YA???? :x

...when they did the big lead up to Peter connecting with the machine...he touches it and BAM! Knocked off of the ladder onto his ass :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Yup, I didn't see that coming at all.

And I wish they would quit making Fauxlivia likable....I want to hate her dammit :x

Hal-9000
04-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Fauxlivia needs to be a scene with tiny lace panties and a see thru bra :thumbsup:

helps differentiate between the two characters

Teh One Who Knocks
04-25-2011, 05:42 PM
I don't think she has any of those things in her cell :sad2:

Hal-9000
04-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Tuesday is cook naked day at Walter's....

Teh One Who Knocks
04-25-2011, 05:51 PM

But at least he had his slippers on :tup:

Hal-9000
04-25-2011, 05:53 PM

Not sure I'd eat anything that Walter cooked...depending on the day and his mood, you may get LSD or opium in your pancakes

Pony
04-25-2011, 09:07 PM

But at least he had his slippers on :tup:

Well yea, it can get a bit chilly in the mornings.

Websponge
04-30-2011, 06:45 PM
Fauxlivia needs to be a scene with tiny lace panties and a see thru bra :thumbsup:

helps differentiate between the two characters

this post is full of win

Hal-9000
05-01-2011, 08:27 PM

I liked one subtle part of this week's episode...when Peter climbed into the machine.No fear or hesitation, he stepped up and strapped in.

I didn't care for the somewhat flaky Olivia bits pertaining to her turning off the machine..seemed to me that they were making rules up as they went along.
Also, I didn't care for the Sam Weiss character not knowing anything and playing his role like some dumbass sidekick.They've implied he's a lot older than he looks
and chock full of wisdom and secrets...yet when the machine was activated he became this sort of - I don't know what to do next, I'll just follow you kind of guy.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-01-2011, 10:29 PM
I thought this episode was awesome :-k

Hal-9000
05-02-2011, 04:37 AM
They're all good, merely mentioned some parts I found lacking...

like Supernatural, at times they seem to speed things up like they're running out of time and force certain issues....

Having Liv communicate with the machine was out of left field, seemed added on later to me...

Teh One Who Knocks
05-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Sorry, didn't mean to disagree....I'll go now :sad2:

Hal-9000
05-02-2011, 06:13 PM
oh tuck in the lip....I responded kindly, don't make waves when there isn't an ocean :x

don't forget, I endured the last 5 episodes of BSG and still watched every minute, not agreeing with the direction.

No one can take my beloved Walter away from me :lol:

Websponge
05-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Just had the episode last night when he rings the bell and William goes into Olivias body..

WTF! completely spoiled the whole show for me this has! you ring a bell and you can return from the spirit world.. Olivia was quite good, but that was such a bad idea for a great show!

Teh One Who Knocks
05-05-2011, 01:11 PM
I liked it :hand:

Seems like I'm in the minority here concerning it, but all you guys that didn't like it are in the minority overall. So many postings on TV websites loved it like I did :)

Websponge
05-05-2011, 03:00 PM
oh come on! ring a bell and your soul comes back! this isnt bloody ghost whisperer. :-k and there was no explanation as to how it works, just soul magnets!

Teh One Who Knocks
05-05-2011, 03:04 PM
It wasn't fully explained but it was stated that it was a project that was being worked on by Bell. It was set up so that he and only he could come back by ringing that bell.

Hal-9000
05-05-2011, 03:51 PM
oh come on! ring a bell and your soul comes back! this isnt bloody ghost whisperer. :-k and there was no explanation as to how it works, just soul magnets!

Yeah I agree.I can buy almost anything that happens on that show.Having a soul return to someone's body after a number a months by ringing a bell, implies that souls that float around or get 'parked' after death....I didn't buy it at all.Luckily that part of the story played out quickly.

The entire alt-universe story however rocks and I can't wait to see how they're going to torment us at the end of this season :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Season finale is the day after tomorrow...no more Fringe until the Fall after that :sad2:

Hal-9000
05-05-2011, 05:16 PM
only one more and it's this week? (Saturday?)

:(

Teh One Who Knocks
05-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Oops, I was thinking today was Wednesday....it's on tomorrow, my bad

Hal-9000
05-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Oops, I was thinking today was Wednesday....it's on tomorrow, my bad

Are you freezing time at work again??! Cut out the experimenting!!

Teh One Who Knocks
05-08-2011, 02:15 AM
Wow :shock:

Hal-9000
05-08-2011, 03:31 AM
Wow :shock:

that's weird...my intended comment and emoticon EXACTLY

:lol: whoa

Quite possibly the best episode I've watched.

Pony
05-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Yea, I think I may need to watch this one a second time.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-08-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm so glad that the show got renewed...can you imagine if that was how they ended the series? I would have been so pissed :x

Pony
05-08-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm a little confused why Peter disappeared....

Teh One Who Knocks
05-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Same here...and I'm guessing we will be left confused until the next season starts :huh:

Websponge
05-08-2011, 01:57 PM
so come on, show me the spoiler! I want to know what happened :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
05-08-2011, 02:05 PM

Download the episode and watch it :slap:

Pony
05-08-2011, 02:29 PM
I thought asterisk looked pretty hot in this episode...

Everybody dies.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Everybody dies.

That's why the title of the episode was The Day We Died :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
05-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Same here...and I'm guessing we will be left confused until the next season starts :huh:

That episode was like Inception FFS! :lol:

:thumbsup:

Hal-9000
05-08-2011, 06:29 PM
I thought asterisk looked pretty hot in this episode...

Seconded...if that's what she looks like in 15 years, take me to the future!

Hal-9000
05-08-2011, 06:30 PM
John Noble deserve and Emmy or two...you could tell which Walter he was by the way his eyes looked.Very underrated actor.

Hal-9000
05-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Ok question time.Olivia's daughter from the future (she was a new recruit to the Fringe Division on our side)

Think she came from the alternate universe or ours?

Pony
05-08-2011, 06:48 PM
I think that was her niece all grown up.

Hal-9000
05-08-2011, 06:51 PM
ahhh, I thought I heard Aunt Liv in their discussion :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
05-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Maybe before we start this discussion, we should establish what we know.

1.Walternate started his machine on the other side causing problems here in current time.
2.Peter stepped into our machine and was transported 15 years into the future.
3.In the future, Walter has been charged and imprisoned (for starting the rifts back in Reiden Lake?)
4.The pieces of our machine were buried for millions of years (did Peter and Walter send them there?)
5.Walternate's world is obliterated and he now resides in our universe. (15 years in the future)
6.The Observers know that Peter isn't meant to survive (?)
7.All women look hotter, 15 years in the future.

When Peter initially got zapped into the future, he knew he was from the past at first.Then he let go of that and seemed to accept his 'real' life in the future.I think this is key...

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2011, 12:57 PM
I think that was her niece all grown up.

:thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2011, 12:58 PM

1.Walternate started his machine on the other side causing problems here in current time.
3.In the future, Walter has been charged and imprisoned (for starting the rifts back in Reiden Lake?)
4.The pieces of our machine were buried for millions of years (did Peter and Walter send them there?)
5.Walternate's world is obliterated and he now resides in our universe. (15 years in the future)

When Peter initially got zapped into the future, he knew he was from the past at first.Then he let go of that and seemed to accept his 'real' life in the future.I think this is key...

There was so much wrapped up in that last episode....it's still all sinking in

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2011, 01:15 PM

Some of your list only ends up being correct had Peter made the choice to destroy the alt-universe. Remember, future-Walter is the one who figured that out. He said he was the one that sent the machine back in time through the Central Park wormhole (it was connected to some time period where there were dinosaurs still alive) and he told Peter to make a different choice when he was in the machine 15 years prior to the future he was transported into.

And there is absolutely no clue as to why Peter disappeared after bringing Walternate and Fauxlivia into our universe and why nobody noticed he was gone. All we were left with was the cryptic statement by the one Observer who said "You were right, they don't even remember Peter".

Hal-9000
05-09-2011, 04:49 PM
That last cryptic Observer line makes me think that either this season or next...will have some character changing storylines.

As in (maybe) Peter's history/life is changed to the degree that Walter never took him in the first place.

These next two eps are going to be stellar...

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2011, 04:51 PM
No, no more episodes here....that was the season ender. it's Supernatural that has 2 episodes left this season.

Hal-9000
05-09-2011, 04:53 PM
:doh:

I really gotta start showin up for the meetings, thx

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2011, 05:07 PM
*boots Hal from the Fringe fan club*

PorkChopSandwiches
05-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Nice head shot

Hal-9000
05-09-2011, 05:25 PM
*boots Hal from the Fringe fan club*

*boots Lance right in the Walters*

Hal-9000
05-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Nice head shot

I kinda had a feeling that everything in the future may not be set in stone....and when Olivia got Osama'ed,
while shocking, I thought that it may not be a permanent thing.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Nice head shot

I kinda had a feeling that everything in the future may not be set in stone....and when Olivia got Osama'ed,
while shocking, I thought that it may not be a permanent thing.

Was shocking as hell to see tho

Hal-9000
05-09-2011, 05:35 PM
and that was Walternate that pulled the trigger, yes?

PorkChopSandwiches
05-09-2011, 05:35 PM
yesir

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Yup, he wanted to send Peter a message and extract some justice for Peter destroying his (Walternate's) universe.

Hal-9000
05-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Damn he looked evil when he was sitting there chatting with Peter...his eyes were so malevolent looking (the hologram)

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm trying to remember....who all did Peter bring across from the alt-universe? It was definitely Walternate and Fauxlivia, but there was someone else wasn't there? Was it that head evil scientist that was always helping Walternate with his deeds?

Hal-9000
05-09-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm trying to remember....who all did Peter bring across from the alt-universe? It was definitely Walternate and Fauxlivia, but there was someone else wasn't there? Was it that head evil scientist that was always helping Walternate with his deeds?

Can't recall his name but his counterpart over here is somewhat goofy and nerdish...

I want to know what happened to Broyles' eye??? :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2011, 05:53 PM
This is the guy I'm talking about

http://i.imgur.com/Lzfz5.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2011, 05:53 PM
I want to know what happened to Broyles' eye??? :shock:

Yeah, WTF was up with that? :huh:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-09-2011, 05:56 PM
He got into the gay scene and took a shot in the eye

Hal-9000
05-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Something tells me the future Fringe won't go away quickly.They'll have to at least fill in some backstory like Broyles' eye.

:dance: Love the show

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Maybe he has the Eye of the Tiger :-k

Hal-9000
05-09-2011, 10:28 PM
*kicks Lance in the Peter*

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2011, 10:29 PM
I have my eye on you :nono:

Hal-9000
05-09-2011, 10:36 PM
:x Don't make me kick you in the Olivia!

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Eye eye captain!

Hal-9000
05-09-2011, 10:41 PM

*kicks Lance in the Asterisk* :x

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Eye carumba :(

Hal-9000
05-09-2011, 10:49 PM

You remember what recently happened to my best friend? His eye accident?

Things have healed sufficiently enough for me to say - Good eye! or Keep an eye out would ya?
without him punching me now :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2011, 10:49 PM
:lol: Nice

Hal-9000
05-09-2011, 10:54 PM
He still wears the patch and the other night we were driving and he notified me of a turn (for a Tim Hortons)

Immediately I said - GOOD EYE MAN!

he's grown to hate me :lol: