PDA

View Full Version : Paparazzi photographer who took topless pictures of Duchess of Cambridge set to be arrested by French police

Teh One Who Knocks
10-29-2012, 11:41 AM
By Peter Allen - The Daily Mail

French judicial police are preparing to arrest a paparazzi linked to topless photographs of the Duchess of Cambridge, it emerged tonight.

It follows confirmation that the name of the photographer had been handed over to detectives investigating the alleged crime.

It took place in September at Chateau d’Autet, a holiday retreat in Provence owned by the Queen’s nephew, Viscount Linley.

http://i.imgur.com/v7OG1.jpg

Prince William and Kate were said to be ‘devastated’ after hundreds of intimate snaps were taken, showing her exposing her breasts and bottom on swimming pool terrace.

They were first published in French Closer magazine, and then in numerous other countries, including Italy and Ireland.

William called for the photographer responsible to be jailed – a possibility which is technically possible thanks to France’s strict privacy laws.

http://i.imgur.com/Vhsqt.png

The judicial police, who have been investigating the matter following the issuing of a court order in Paris, can hold an alleged criminal under suspicion of an offence.

If anyone is charged and found guilty of taking the pictures they could be jailed for up to one year and fined 36,000 pounds for breach of privacy.

‘A name has been offered,’ a source close to the case confirmed. ‘The photographer is expected to be held for questioned imminently.’

Laurence Pieau, the woman editor of French Closer, hired a freelance photographer to watch the couple during their holiday at Chateau d’Autet, but refused to name the person.

Mrs Pieau accused William and Kate of over-reacting to the pictures, saying: ‘I can imagine that these photographs displease them, but once again these photographs are not degrading, they are joyous - they are in love, she is very pretty.’

Under French law, photographers are viewed as journalistic contacts and are accordingly protected from identification.

Valerie Suau, a former agency photographer, has admitted taking pictures of the royal couple on the terrace for a local paper, but denies being the paparazzi who took the topless images.

Marie-Christine Daubigney, the French public prosecutor dealing with the case, confirmed that police were now aware of the name of the person who took the topless pictures, saying: ‘This new information regarding the photographer will be passed on to investigating magistrates.’

DemonGeminiX
10-29-2012, 12:38 PM
:lol:

He's in deep shit.

Hal-9000
10-29-2012, 02:03 PM
that's a sniper position :lol:

Pony
10-29-2012, 09:15 PM
If you're outdoors and naked you should always expect someone to have a camera. Especially if you're a celeb.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-29-2012, 09:57 PM
If you're outdoors and naked you should always expect someone to have a camera. Especially if you're a celeb.

You should expect them to be taking photos from 3.2 light years away? :-s

Pony
10-29-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm surprised the paparazzi don't have a hi def satellite yet.

When was the last time you were lounging around naked outside?

Hal-9000
10-29-2012, 10:16 PM

Lance?

Oct 23rd/2012, 4:02 pm

approximately... 8-[

Pony
10-29-2012, 10:25 PM
Lance?

Oct 23rd/2012, 4:02 pm

approximately... 8-[

Wow, you must have one hell of a lens on that camera.

Hal-9000
10-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Wow, you must have one hell of a lens on that camera.

naww...just hacked into what he calls his 'defunct' webcam on his laptop :lol:

offered his nekkid images to The Inquirer but they said Bigfoot is a myth :shock:

Hugh_Janus
10-30-2012, 12:24 AM

there's a difference between lounging about naked outside on a beach and lounging about naked in a garden

Griffin
10-30-2012, 12:43 AM
more or less obstructions?

Griffin
10-30-2012, 12:51 AM
I use to think that I could pee off my porch if I wanted.

...but the courts sided with the tenants of the 5 floors below me.

...the pool umbrellas started to stink also.

DemonGeminiX
10-30-2012, 01:59 AM

In the United States, sure. But they were in France. The laws of France and how they're enforced are a tad bit different than the laws and procedures of enforcement over here. And the dude snapped compromising pics of British royalty. If you don't think there was some wheelin' and dealin' behind the scenes between the British crown and French government over that, well then...

;)

deebakes
10-30-2012, 02:17 AM
poor guy :sad2: