PDA

View Full Version : Facebook REFUSES to ban 'I Hate Teen Moms' page that has more than 26,000 'likes' despite 'sick' comments

Teh One Who Knocks
10-29-2012, 12:38 PM
By Daily Mail Reporter

Facebook has defended the rights of a controversial page called 'I Hate Teen Moms', which has gained more than 26,000 'likes', but also attracted a host of criticism from people who claim its content is akin to cyber-bullying.

On the homepage, the administrator writes that they dislike teen moms because they think they're 'morally superior' for keeping their babies. They also claim that the page is against children having children.

The page attracts angry rants and comments from people who are happy to call teenage moms as 'sluts' and a 'burden on society.' The administrator has described the content as little more than dark humor and satire, but critics say it should be shut down.

http://i.imgur.com/sQ9kX.png

A teenage mom in Seattle, who wishes to remain nameless, was so disgusted with the comments on the page that she reported it to Facebook.

Facebook officials responded to her complaint, by telling her that the opinions on the site 'mirror the diversity of people using the site' and that 'Facebook gives people around the world the power to publish their own stories.'

'We understand that you may not like the reported content,' said the Facebook reply. 'To balance the needs and interests of a global population, Facebook protects expression that meets our Community Standards.'

Over the past 48 hours the debate on the 'I Hate Teen Moms' page has continued to rage between people who believe that it goes far beyond what is acceptable and those who defend it#s right to 'free speech' and argue that the content doesn't break any laws or violate Facebook’s terms of service.

'They already have the kid,' 17-year-old Mark Robinson told Komonews.com. 'I don’t think slandering other teenage moms is going to help.'

http://i.imgur.com/ElkrB.png

KevinD
10-29-2012, 02:08 PM
If those are two representative pics, then I would probably "like" that page too.

Acid Trip
10-29-2012, 02:16 PM
On the homepage, the administrator writes that they dislike teen moms because they think they're 'morally superior' for keeping their babies. They also claim that the page is against children having children.

I was trying to figure out what I was missing in this article. Then I read it again and it all made sense.

The administrator (or a friend/family member) aborted their baby and now they are hating on teen moms who chose life. I bet they vote Democrat too...