PDA

View Full Version : Chef Lambchop

Lambchop
11-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Hey guys, I've been doing a lot of cooking during my week off and would like to cook baked ziti (pasta al forno) tonight. I've made it before and it was delicious but was very dry and I don't think that I used the best recipe out there. Since the dish is an Italian-American speciality, I was wondering if anyone here makes it regularly and if so, could you please give me a general idea of what I must do.

I also found this very eccentric old Italian guy on YouTube and I'm thinking about copying his method. (:lol:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy0Wrs3zUgE

Is it any good?

ThankQ,

LC

FBD
11-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Was dryness the only issue? Recipe otherwise tasty and good? If so just put aluminum foil over it for the first ~75% of the baking time. That will keep it moist enough :tup:

Lambchop
11-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Dryness was a big issue and the foil is definitely something I will have to use now. The reason I ask is because my culinary skills do not really extend very far. :nervous:

FBD
11-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Foil is huge when you're baking pretty much anything aside from bread or pie, it can save your stuff from being dried to hell. Its a must have for stuff like ziti or lasagna!

Culinary skills...all you need is just to do it and learn by experience :thumbsup: You get better with time, that's why gram's cooking is always the best!

PorkChopSandwiches
11-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Was dryness the only issue? Recipe otherwise tasty and good? If so just put aluminum foil over it for the first ~75% of the baking time. That will keep it moist enough :tup:

:tup:

That will do it.

Lambchop
11-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Yeah dude, with the foil it remained moist and tasty as fk. Thanks a lot. I've never seen ≈1kg of food be devoured so quickly. :lol:

FBD
11-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Awesome! I love to cook, fam always made really good food. Glad that worked out for ya, always satisfying giving out a meal and having people dig on it!