PDA

View Full Version : Mark Wahlberg to Star in ‘Transformers 4,’ Director Michael Bay Confirms

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Celebuzz News

http://i.imgur.com/8KzkB.jpg

Transformers fans: get ready for some muscle action.

Michael Bay and Paramount Pictures announced Thursday that Mark Wahlberg will star in Transformers 4, due in 2014.

“Mark is awesome,” Bay said in a statement released on his website.

“An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers’ legacy.”

This will mark the second time Wahlberg, 41, will work with Bay, 47, on the big screen.

The pair recently wrapped production on Pain and Gain, Bay’s new action comedy also starring Dwayne Johnson, Anthony Mackie, Ed Harris, Rebel Wilson and Rob Corddry.

“We had a blast working on Pain and Gain and I’m so fired up to be back working with [Wahlberg],” Bay continued in his statement Thursday.

The first three Transformers films have grossed more than $2.6 billion worldwide, with the most recent, Dark of the Moon, released just over one year ago.

No word on whether previous Transformers cast members, including Shia LaBeouf, will also appear in the fourth installment.

Transformers 4 will open in theaters June 27, 2014. Filming will begin next spring.

DemonGeminiX
11-09-2012, 04:10 PM
:huh:

Did he need the money?

Muddy
11-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Hell yes.. Mark Walhberg is bad ass.

RBP
11-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Hell yes.. Mark Walhberg is bad ass.

you just like him with his shirt off, fag.

redred
11-09-2012, 04:37 PM
:huh:

Did he need the money?

why the transformers films are getting good viewing numbers and making money

DemonGeminiX
11-09-2012, 04:49 PM
why the transformers films are getting good viewing numbers and making money

That's no accounting for taste. They're still shitty movies.

:lol:

Muddy
11-09-2012, 04:54 PM
you just like him with his shirt off, fag.

That never even crossed my mind, man juice guzzler.

I like his 'fuck you' attitude..

Teh One Who Knocks

http://i.imgur.com/SpHHd.jpg

Muddy

I enjoyed them.. I'm not sure what you're looking for in a movie there, Oscar...

Leefro
11-09-2012, 04:56 PM
I watched the first two

Fuck em all they are SHITBAPS

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2012, 05:04 PM
I watched the first two

Fuck em all they are SHITBAPS

http://i.imgur.com/SpHHd.jpg

Muddy
11-09-2012, 05:05 PM
What the hell is a "shitbap"?

Leefro
11-09-2012, 05:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0d6G1X278s

Leefro
11-09-2012, 05:09 PM
What the hell is a "shitbap"?

Look in the dictionary and all Michael Bays films will be the definition

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2012, 05:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JdQUr.png

Leefro
11-09-2012, 05:15 PM

Obama 59,621,436
Romney 56,989,709

;)

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2012, 05:17 PM
And what does that have to do with the Transformers movies? Oh right, because you're wrong, let's just throw out random shit ;)

How about this: 1776 :usa:

Leefro
11-09-2012, 05:18 PM
No it's because just because it's popular does not make it ok

I remember you saying so before when discussing the Oscars

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2012, 05:22 PM
The Oscars are an arbitrary vote by stuffed shirts in Hollywood, the Transformers film gross is from people actually paying to go see something, you are comparing apple and oranges.

DemonGeminiX
11-09-2012, 05:23 PM

So what? Just because people spent money on them, that doesn't imply they're any good. Millions of people spend money on Apple products and they're still just paying for complete and utter shit.

Go ahead, argue against that. I dare ya.

:nana:

Leefro
11-09-2012, 05:25 PM
So what? Just because people spent money on them, that doesn't imply they're any good. Millions of people spend money on Apple products and they're still just paying for complete and utter shit.

Now you are comparing Apples with Oranges

I get the same everytime from Lance when we get into a discussion

redred
11-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Obama 59,621,436
Romney 56,989,709

;)
can't we keep those two out of one thread ffs :lol:

Leefro
11-09-2012, 05:27 PM
And Michael Bay has not made ONE good film

Popular yes
Good No fucking way

DemonGeminiX
11-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Now you are comparing Apples with Oranges

I get the same everytime from Lance when we get into a discussion

I'm not comparing anything. I'm illustrating the fact that people can and will throw their money away on overhyped crap. I'm using Apple as a supporting example. It just so happens that both Apple products and Michael Bay's films are both overhyped crap.

Leefro
11-09-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm not comparing anything. I'm illustrating the fact that people can and will throw their money away on overhyped crap. I'm using Apple as a supporting example. It just so happens that both Apple products and Michael Bay's films are both overhyped crap.

No apples = Apple

Missed the joke sorry ;)

You and I are on the same page

redred
11-09-2012, 05:45 PM
And Michael Bay has not made ONE good film

Popular yes
Good No fucking way

that would be just your view then or everyones?

Leefro
11-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Errrrrrrrrrrr

Me and Mark Kermode & Demon

And obviously a few others

So the answer is no

redred
11-09-2012, 05:53 PM
ok just checking

Leefro
11-09-2012, 05:56 PM
No problem squire ;)

He's very good at spoiling classic horrors film like Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday The 13th I'll give Michael Bay that

redred
11-09-2012, 06:07 PM
ok well just to let you know i will be watching it and will probably enjoy it ,as i like films with big explosions and buildings being blown the fuck up for no reason other than to waste more of the budget

Hal-9000
11-09-2012, 08:58 PM
he could have had so many hits with the Fun Bunch :sad2:

Leefro
11-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Funky ?

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2012, 10:25 PM

:-s

You're comparing two different things as well, so your point is moot.

An Apple is a product that is advertised to do certain things. While Apple products my be vastly overpriced, they do indeed do what they are supposed to do. If someone chooses to overpay for this item, then that's their prerogative. Whereas a film is a piece of entertainment....if the majority of people like it, they go and spend money on it, sometimes multiple times. If a film is bad and the majority of people do not go, then the studio doesn't make any more sequels, or at the very least, they don't make anymore big budget sequels. If they are trying to milk the franchise, they may make a direct-to-video film with no major stars in it, but that won't generate much revenue at all, because the franchise is now unwatchable. Obviously, the majority of people think the Transformer films are good and worth watching, hence the reason the studio has made 3 big budget films and is now about to make a fourth.

You cannot compare a piece of entertainment to a tangible durable good.

So in simpler terms, you guys are haters and in the minority and absolutely nobody cares what you guys think :dance:

Shady
11-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Im ok with Mark Wahlberg and even there being a Transformers 4. But what not cool is that Michael Bay gets to keep on making movies. His stuff is so shitty.

Muddy
11-10-2012, 11:36 AM
:-s

You're comparing two different things as well, so your point is moot.

An Apple is a product that is advertised to do certain things. While Apple products my be vastly overpriced, they do indeed do what they are supposed to do. If someone chooses to overpay for this item, then that's their prerogative. Whereas a film is a piece of entertainment....if the majority of people like it, they go and spend money on it, sometimes multiple times. If a film is bad and the majority of people do not go, then the studio doesn't make any more sequels, or at the very least, they don't make anymore big budget sequels. If they are trying to milk the franchise, they may make a direct-to-video film with no major stars in it, but that won't generate much revenue at all, because the franchise is now unwatchable. Obviously, the majority of people think the Transformer films are good and worth watching, hence the reason the studio has made 3 big budget films and is now about to make a fourth.

You cannot compare a piece of entertainment to a tangible durable good.

So in simpler terms, you guys are haters and in the minority and absolutely nobody cares what you guys think :dance:

Lol..

Iffy
11-12-2012, 10:21 PM

The last 3 Batman flicks have combined for a worldwide gross of $ 2,453,653,202

Just the one Avatar movie has made $2,782,275,172

The Twilight series is at $2,505,851,689 with another movie to go.

Extending this logic Nolan's Batman films are 2.28 times better, Twilight is 1.75 times better, and Avatar is almost 8 times better. :razz:

Transformers is eye candy just like Star Wars. Pretty effects with a sub-par story and shitty acting

Hal-9000
11-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Im ok with Mark Wahlberg and even there being a Transformers 4. But what not cool is that Michael Bay gets to keep on making movies. His stuff is so shitty.

Mark is ok in my books too, have watched most of his movies....it's the frenetic way the Transformers films are filmed that I don't like. I don't need super-slo-mo, just more than .000025 of a second to take in some action within a scene.

I swear...Bay puts 30 million bucks worth of effects within 4 seconds