PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania officials plan no probe despite extraordinary turnout, totals for Obama in Philly

Teh One Who Knocks
11-13-2012, 12:04 PM
By James Rosen - Fox News

http://i.imgur.com/0NAXq.jpg

Pennsylvania election officials say they are not planning to investigate the extraordinary turnout and vote totals that President Obama garnered from parts of Philadelphia last Tuesday.

"In a presidential election year, there are times where you get extremely high turnout," said Ron Ruman, press secretary for Pennsylvania's Department of State, in a telephone interview with Fox News. "We would investigate if we thought there was something shady going on. But at this point, we have no reason to think that."

Ruman's comments came as Philadelphia news outlets and election analysts have flagged the near-unanimity with which the Obama-Biden ticket swept pockets of the City of Brotherly Love. As the Philadelphia Inquirer first reported last week, six of Philadelphia's 66 wards handed the president victory shares of 99 percent or better. In 20 of the wards, the Obama vote totals exceeded 97 percent.

On Monday, the Inquirer reported that in 59 of Philadelphia's "divisions" -- these are subsets of wards, wherein fewer than 1,000 people might be registered to vote -- GOP nominee Mitt Romney failed to win even a single vote. Collectively, the votes for Obama across these divisions added up to 19,605, to Romney's zero.

"I don't find it hard to believe that there are neighborhoods in the United States where President Obama got 97 to 99 percent of the vote -- basically all African-Americans," said Michael Barone, a Fox News contributor who is the longtime editor of The Almanac of American Politics. "There are such neighborhoods, and you can see them in central-city, black ghetto (areas)."

However, Barone noted that turnout rates in these areas was sometimes reported to have exceeded 90 percent, a level of enthusiasm that he said should arouse suspicion. "Philadelphia's been a place that's had some pretty irregular election procedures in the past," he said.

State Rep. Sam Smith, the Republican from the 66th District who serves as speaker of the Pennsylvania House, called the results "questionable." "In some precincts in Philadelphia, I think you're going to see, as they finish the official count, places where there are more people voting in a precinct than actually signed in at the poll book," Smith told Fox News.

Asked what gave him that idea, Smith cited the electoral history of the city and said he thought it would be "predictive" this time around, as well.

Former U.S. Rep. Joe Sestak, a Democrat whose congressional district abutted Philadelphia, said he has seen firsthand the "machine" at work in the city's politics, but he did not question the president's vote totals.

"The polling across the nation showed that the African-American community was supporting the president by about 98, 99 percent," Sestak told Fox News. "I think the people voted the way they believe in."

A Fox News analysis found that in some inner-city areas of Illinois, the vote totals for the president more or less matched those seen in Philadelphia.

In 10 of Chicago's 50 wards, for example, the Obama-Biden ticket captured 98 percent of the vote or more. In six of those wards, the figure climbed to 99 percent.

FBD
11-13-2012, 12:31 PM
You Lie!!!

and Lance, your sig should say Libertard :dance:

DemonGeminiX
11-13-2012, 02:17 PM
I talked to several of my cousins in Philly during both elections. They all said the same thing: White people were afraid to go out and vote against Obama because they were convinced that the Black population would riot and start killing people if Obama lost.

FBD
11-13-2012, 04:04 PM
that's why they sell handguns :meatspin: I know they'll stab a ng* in the neck with a butta knife for fittacuffs there, but you've got to draw the line somewhere.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-13-2012, 04:11 PM
They had the Black Panthers out there intimidating again. But without the white vote how are they hitting 99% :roll:

MrsM
11-13-2012, 04:22 PM
They had the Black Panthers out there intimidating again. But without the white vote how are they hitting 99% :roll:

How would this be intimidating? The vote is private - how would he know who you voted for? I heard a lot on the news about this and from what I can tell it was 1 person standing outside of 1 voting station... I don't see how this would have changed anything?

Also - there are still lots of white people that voted for Obama so why couldn't they get 99%

PorkChopSandwiches
11-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Some uniformed black panther is going to intimidate old white people, he just is. Especially if you know anything about Philly black crime is rampant, they are probably second to Chicago in murders. Noway anyone is getting 99% of the vote anywhere, its just not happening

Acid Trip
11-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Some uniformed black panther is going to intimidate old white people, he just is. Especially if you know anything about Philly black crime is rampant, they are probably second to Chicago in murders. Noway anyone is getting 99% of the vote anywhere, its just not happening

This.

Muddy
11-13-2012, 04:59 PM

Get a real news story.. :wink:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-13-2012, 05:17 PM
I seem to remember you posting one ;)

RBP
11-13-2012, 05:45 PM
black candidate in a black precinct getting 99% doesn't shock me at all. Racist fucks.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-13-2012, 05:50 PM
:racist: Felons cant vote

Teh One Who Knocks
11-13-2012, 05:51 PM
black candidate in a black precinct getting 99% doesn't shock me at all. Racist fucks.

Only white people can be racist :slap:

FBD
11-13-2012, 05:53 PM
How would this be intimidating? The vote is private - how would he know who you voted for? I heard a lot on the news about this and from what I can tell it was 1 person standing outside of 1 voting station... I don't see how this would have changed anything?

Also - there are still lots of white people that voted for Obama so why couldn't they get 99%

did you actually see that video? are you aware that there was a federal case against them for voter intimidation - until we got Obama and Holder in on the scene, and the promptly dropped all charges on a slam dunk case because they didnt feel that a black person could be racist towards someone?

...and these are the same group of people who showed up this year and tossed out judge appointed republican vote monitors? Now we have a second easy case against them, and a DoJ who doesnt think its much of a problem...

Muddy
11-13-2012, 06:33 PM
I seem to remember you posting one ;)

Yes, that was my point.. :)

MrsM
11-13-2012, 06:46 PM
did you actually see that video? are you aware that there was a federal case against them for voter intimidation - until we got Obama and Holder in on the scene, and the promptly dropped all charges on a slam dunk case because they didnt feel that a black person could be racist towards someone?

...and these are the same group of people who showed up this year and tossed out judge appointed republican vote monitors? Now we have a second easy case against them, and a DoJ who doesnt think its much of a problem...

What I saw was a man dressed in black standing by the door. I did not see him talk or make any motions to anyone. That's all they showed.

Also - they got 99% of the votes that were cast - not 99% of the population... so is it possible that the others just decided to stay home? They saw a 10 second news clip about a single black male standing by the door of one poling station and said "there is no way that I'm going to vote today - that man is too scary for me to get my ass of this couch and go into the cold and walk to the place and stand in line"

Lambchop
11-13-2012, 06:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypRW5qoraTw

FBD
11-13-2012, 07:13 PM
What I saw was a man dressed in black standing by the door. I did not see him talk or make any motions to anyone. That's all they showed.

Also - they got 99% of the votes that were cast - not 99% of the population... so is it possible that the others just decided to stay home? They saw a 10 second news clip about a single black male standing by the door of one poling station and said "there is no way that I'm going to vote today - that man is too scary for me to get my ass of this couch and go into the cold and walk to the place and stand in line"
...so you missed him thumping the billy club in his hand and talking about fkn crackers and shit?

MrsM
11-13-2012, 07:37 PM
...so you missed him thumping the billy club in his hand and talking about fkn crackers and shit?

I did not see that - but still - To me it seems that people are using this as an excuse why they didn't vote or why Obama won.

If you really wanted to vote - you could have.

FBD
11-13-2012, 08:43 PM
I did not see that - but still - To me it seems that people are using this as an excuse why they didn't vote or why Obama won.

If you really wanted to vote - you could have.

:-k so its just a coincidence that they threw out the judge appointed gop pollsters, just a coincidence that those places went 99, 100% for obama? sorry, that requires a willing suspension of reality for me.

Hal-9000
11-13-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm with MrsM....unless they stood right behind you in the polling booth, they'd have no way of knowing who I voted for.

I'd just wear a large jacket over my GO ROMNEY tshirt :lol:

DemonGeminiX
11-13-2012, 11:57 PM
I've seen pictures of those New Black Panther guys, and they're all like super thin... like emaciated Ethiopian thin. I bet you could pick one of them up and wipe your ass with his face, throw him in the trash can, and go on your merry way.

Hal-9000
11-13-2012, 11:58 PM
and get charged with a hate-crime for defending myself :sad2:

DemonGeminiX
11-14-2012, 12:00 AM
Just tell them you were out of toilet paper.

Hal-9000
11-14-2012, 12:02 AM
*puts fist in the air*

Solid :)

Hal-9000
11-14-2012, 12:02 AM
my supervisor hates it when I do that to him :lol:

DemonGeminiX
11-14-2012, 12:05 AM
:lol:

Hal-9000
11-14-2012, 12:09 AM
he's a gamer (and black) ...plays PS3 games and loves online war games. We both find out that Call of Duty:Black Ops 2 comes out today. So in passing we're talking about a large upcoming inventory this Thursday, gaming and his wedding plans.

At one point he gets a little confused and says - What we talking about just now? I respond - You know, when a brother gets his medical degree...

he shoots me this weird look and then says - OHHHHHH BLACK OPS, you very funny guy :lol:

Hugh_Janus
11-14-2012, 12:15 AM

I'm with MrsM....unless they stood right behind you in the polling booth, they'd have no way of knowing who I voted for.

I'd just wear a large jacket over my GO ROMNEY tshirt :lol:

if you a cracka, you voted for the white man :hand:

Hal-9000
11-14-2012, 12:17 AM
if you a cracka, you voted for the white man :hand:

No dude, you just walk right past the guy saying - Another 4 years for the brotha, go Obama!

Jedi mind tricks work well on less intelligent people (like threatening gang members who try to intimidate)

Hugh_Janus
11-14-2012, 12:20 AM
and I can see calling a black guy "brotha" infront of these chaps would go down a storm :lol:

Richard Cranium
11-14-2012, 01:17 AM
BLACK POWER!!!

PorkChopSandwiches
11-14-2012, 01:20 AM
None of you haters have been to Philly.

I hear they have great cheese steaks

Southern Belle
11-14-2012, 01:47 AM
Four more years of this crap and everybody will be sick of it.
Like in 1980.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-14-2012, 02:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfNluQ888g4

DemonGeminiX
11-14-2012, 02:08 AM
None of you haters have been to Philly.

I hear they have great cheese steaks

:hand:

The originators always have the best.

Punk.

[-(

Hal-9000
11-14-2012, 03:06 AM
Spokane Cheese Steak > Philly Cheese Steak

RBP
11-14-2012, 05:47 AM
cumquats > headcheese > BLACK POWER!!! > philly cheese steaks

FBD
11-14-2012, 05:47 PM
No dude, you just walk right past the guy saying - Another 4 years for the brotha, go Obama!

Jedi mind tricks work well on less intelligent people (like threatening gang members who try to intimidate)

Yep, and that's called voter intimidation, that's what they were arrested and charged with, with slam fkn dunk evidence, they should have been in jail 3.5 years ago on this.

Except we have racists in the white house and administration.

I'm sure if a white guy with a billy club thumpin in his hands saying "I'm here to make sure things go as they're supposed to" got nabbed on fkn tape doing that shit he would have been in jail faster than you can say rumplestiltskin.

I dont understand you guys wanting to cover your eyes and ears telling yourself I aint seen no bad! What does it accomplish, aside from "not rockin the boat" :rolleyes:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-14-2012, 06:01 PM
:hand:

The originators always have the best.

Punk.

[-(

:dance:

Hal-9000
11-14-2012, 07:16 PM
Yep, and that's called voter intimidation, that's what they were arrested and charged with, with slam fkn dunk evidence, they should have been in jail 3.5 years ago on this.

Except we have racists in the white house and administration.

I'm sure if a white guy with a billy club thumpin in his hands saying "I'm here to make sure things go as they're supposed to" got nabbed on fkn tape doing that shit he would have been in jail faster than you can say rumplestiltskin.

I dont understand you guys wanting to cover your eyes and ears telling yourself I aint seen no bad! What does it accomplish, aside from "not rockin the boat" :rolleyes:

Not sure who the last question is directed at...but me walking past a gang member on the way to vote is certainly not covering my eyes :lol:

FBD
11-14-2012, 07:35 PM
covering your eyes to a voter intimidation case :razz: you know if it were the other way around there would be a MASSIVE stink about it, but instead the racists cover it up, then call everyone else racist!

Lambchop
11-14-2012, 07:54 PM
If you guys read into Romney's dealings at Bain Capital using leveraged buyouts, firing employees of acquired companies, etc., you'll probably realise that Mitt didn't have America's best interests at heart.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-14-2012, 07:55 PM
If you guys read into Romney's dealings at Bain Capital using leveraged buyouts, firing employees of acquired companies, etc., you'll probably realise that Mitt didn't have America's best interests at heart.

Oh you mean taking a failing business and making it profitable. I'm sorry but that sounds like exactly what we need.

Acid Trip
11-14-2012, 08:01 PM

You mean he did what he was paid to do and turned companies around? OH THE HORROR!

He could have let all those companies go bankrupt and then not a single job would remain. That's so much better :roll:

Lambchop
11-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Profitable for who? The employees are left jobless and Mitt would always make sure that his management fees were dealt with first. The motherfuckers make a profit on a dying company without actually having to take responsibility for its failings, leaving the true management team in a whole load of shit. What a parasitic individual.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-14-2012, 08:04 PM
He took a company where everyone would be out of work when they failed. Removed the excess and wasted jobs. Streamlined the business into something sustainable and saved all the remaining job, and then sold it for a profit. America can use just this right now.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-14-2012, 08:06 PM
He took a company where everyone would be out of work when they failed. Removed the excess and wasted jobs. Streamlined the business into something sustainable and saved all the remaining job, and then sold it for a profit. America can use just this right now.

That's crazy talk, we need more people on welfare, not less :hand:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-14-2012, 08:15 PM
We need to save 3 jobs and continue running a deficit

Lambchop
11-14-2012, 08:17 PM
... and when Bain, the parasitic company bleeding money out of other businesses while inheriting none of their debt, gets into financial trouble, they receive millions in taxpayer money in a bailout that Mitt tried to deny. While this is happening, Romney still ensured that his executives received their bonuses. :rofl::rofl:

Have to hand it to that mfer, he's a cold and ruthless businessman.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-14-2012, 08:28 PM

Exactly its a business and hes good at it

PorkChopSandwiches
11-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Although he still didnt get my vote :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Although he still didnt get my vote :dance:

Like you said though, anything other than a vote for the democrat doesn't matter in the People's Republic of California

PorkChopSandwiches
11-14-2012, 08:59 PM
true dat

Hal-9000
11-14-2012, 09:00 PM
covering your eyes to a voter intimidation case :razz: you know if it were the other way around there would be a MASSIVE stink about it, but instead the racists cover it up, then call everyone else racist!

aye...I would still vote no matter what's in front of the station....was my point.

If that crap happened in my town I'd be calling the cops and in a loud voice I'd let whatever bullies know the fuzz are on the way. I have no fear (or common sense)

FBD
11-14-2012, 09:07 PM
... and when Bain, the parasitic company bleeding money out of other businesses while inheriting none of their debt, gets into financial trouble, they receive millions in taxpayer money in a bailout that Mitt tried to deny. While this is happening, Romney still ensured that his executives received their bonuses. :rofl::rofl:

if the people who ran the businesses that were failing werent fuckups...I mean dude, cmon, when you consider a failing entity, some fat is going to have to be trimmed. you simply cannot restructure a business without assessing everything and if there are redundancies or very poorly performing areas or individuals, yeah, its the sucky thing for them to let them go, but what do you do, keep something that is contributing to failure? if you get gangrene on your leg, do you cut it off or do you let gangrene consume your whole friggin body? does the doctor not get paid after he's cut your leg off??

its what we refer to as a necessary evil.

unnecessary evil is shit like stealing an election, or lying about most fundamentals of your "signature" piece that is going to cost the country trillions of dollars - or sending guns to drug gangs so that people will get pissed about there being too much gun violence...or....do I really need to list all of obama's evil "accomplishments" :lol: