PDA

View Full Version : 'Knock knock' joke teller gets court supervision for exposing himself inside bar

Teh One Who Knocks
11-14-2012, 11:54 AM
By Carl Hessler Jr. - Montgomery News

A Lower Providence man’s “Knock Knock” joke, during which he exposed his testicles to patrons at a township bar, has resulted in court supervision and a ban from the bar.

Kiel E. Jeffers, 25, of the 2000 block of Greene’s Way Circle, was sentenced in Montgomery County Court Tuesday to two years’ probation and 24 hours of community service after he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of indecent exposure in connection with a March incident at the Audubon Ale House in Lower Providence.

Judge Steven T. O’Neill, who accepted a plea agreement in the matter, also ordered Jeffers to “stay out” of the Audubon Ale House and to undergo an alcohol evaluation and treatment as conditions of the sentence.

An investigation of Jeffers began about 12:30 a.m. March 11 when Lower Providence police responded to the Audubon Ale House in the 2800 block of Egypt Road to investigate a report of a male exposing his genitals in the patio area of the bar, according to the arrest affidavit.

When police arrived at the scene Jeffers was no longer at the bar but several witnesses subsequently told police Jeffers, who wore basketball shorts and a white shirt, had been “rowdy” at the bar and exposed his genitals in view of several patrons while he was at the bar Saturday night into Sunday morning, according to the criminal complaint.

“[A female witness] said that the male would say to people present, ‘Knock Knock’ and when a person would answer, ‘Who’s there?,’ the male would lift his shirt and expose his testicles,” Lower Providence Detective Stephen L. Rowe alleged in the criminal complaint. “She said she saw his testicles several times and was uncomfortable about the actions of the male.”

An employee of the bar told police that Jeffers had too much to drink and had been “flagged” by bar employees at one point during the night but that Jeffers had remained on the patio of the bar, according to court documents.

A second female patron and two male patrons told police they also witnessed Jeffers expose himself while telling the “Knock, Knock” joke, court documents indicate.

By pleading guilty to the indecent exposure charge, Jeffers, who represented himself in court, admitted that he exposed his genitals in a public place under circumstances in which he knew or should have known that his conduct was likely to offend, affront or alarm others.

Other charges of open lewdness and disorderly conduct were dismissed against Jeffers as part of the plea agreement.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-14-2012, 10:02 PM
Based on his Bad Joke thread, I'm guessing this was Red when he was on a cider bender? :-k

Pony
11-14-2012, 10:51 PM
I don't get it.

Hal-9000
11-14-2012, 11:38 PM
I'd like to hear the actual joke...all it says is that he lifted his shirt after asking knock knock and exposed his testicles...

his shirt?

Lambchop
11-14-2012, 11:56 PM
After viewing a picture of the culprit I can certainly understand the outcry.

http://i46.tinypic.com/292vhj4.jpg