PDA

View Full Version : Woman Rescued From Between Buildings

Teh One Who Knocks
11-15-2012, 06:42 PM
By James O'Leary - WPRI Eyewitness News

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) -- A woman - who says she was trying to cut through an alley - had to be rescued early Friday morning after becoming wedged between two buildings.

It happened near the corner of Meeting and Thayer streets near Brown University around 1 a.m. Friday. An eyewitness said they heard the woman's cries for help, and called 911.

"We were walking by, and heard someone say 'Help me! I'm suffocating'," Dan LaPlante said. "She said that she was hurt and couldn't move."

It was initially thought the voice was coming from a dumpster at the scene. However, when that dumpster was rolled away, the woman was discovered wedged between the Fed Ex building and another building, less than a foot apart from each other.

Rescue crews used saws and other heavy tools to breach the second building, and after an hour they were able to free Courtney Malloy of Cheshire, Connecticut.

Eyewitnesses originally said Malloy fell from a roof. According to the police report, Malloy appeared to be intoxicated and at the time couldn't recall how she became trapped in the alley.

However during a phone interview, Malloy told Eyewitness News reporter Sean Daly that she was cutting through an alley when she became stuck. She said she did not fall from a roof and she was back at work by Friday afternoon.

While the woman had no visible injuries, due to the circumstances she was transported to Rhode Island Hospital to be checked out.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-15-2012, 06:48 PM
eat a salad