PDA

View Full Version : New Concerns About Pot Addiction

Teh One Who Knocks
11-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Marc Stewart - The Denver Channel

THORNTON, Colo. - "When I heard the results of the election I did cry," said Alicia Brown, a former marijuana addict who has been clean for 17 years.

"As you can see, I'm getting emotional right now," said Brown. "It breaks my heart," she said.

Brown fears the drug that made her feel good, will harm Colorado as a whole.

"I never worked as hard when I was high as I did when I was sober," said Brown,.

At the state's largest drug treatment facility, Arapahoe House, marijuana addiction is the number one reason why adolescents seek treatment. For adults, it is number two.

"It's difficult for us to say what the future's going to look like," said Arapahoe House Chief Operating Officer Art Schut.

Yet counselors say history shows when dealing with alcohol and prescription drug addiction, workplace productivity slumps and health care costs rise.

"Addiction is a public health problem," said Schut.

A problem that Alicia Brown's experience tells her may grow worse because of Amendment 64.

"It's opening a whole can of worms here, I mean we really don't know how we're going to deal with all of this," said Brown.

On the other side of the issue: supporters of Amendment 64 cite numerous studies, describing marijuana as non-addictive. They also say teens will be restricted in access to marijuana as it will be regulated and controlled.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-16-2012, 12:06 PM
On the other side of the issue: supporters of Amendment 64 cite numerous studies, describing marijuana as non-addictive. They also say teens will be restricted in access to marijuana as it will be regulated and controlled.

Yes, because that works sooooo well with alcohol and cigarettes...you never see teens smoking or drinking. Ever. :thumbsup:

FBD
11-16-2012, 02:11 PM
"I never worked as hard when I was high as I did when I was sober," said Brown,.

Funny, cuz I know a whole crapload of very functional stoners. 3 of 'em work at this particular company and when the owner found out they were stoners, he was like "I'm serious, I cant believe you guys are a bunch of stoners and burn every day - you guys do more and better work than anyone I've ever seen, it just doesnt make sense."

I think he was specifically excluding the one in the bunch that skiis though, because that guy is outta control.

Muddy
11-16-2012, 02:29 PM
I never found pot to be addicting...

RBP
11-16-2012, 02:30 PM

stoner :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-16-2012, 02:30 PM

I had a friend back in high school that could not go one day without smoking pot

DemonGeminiX
11-16-2012, 02:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHAzwpX7aDE

Muddy
11-16-2012, 02:38 PM
I had a friend back in high school that could not go one day without smoking pot

Was he feeming like a junky though? or did he just like to smoke pot? I've done a lot of different things back in the day and I think its a big difference between jonesing for another line where your ass feels like you're going to jump out of your skin because that blast is wearing off. And not being able to smoke a joint.. You may really want a buzz but your body isn't freaking out and telling you to do something incredibly stupid to satisfy it..

Teh One Who Knocks
11-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Was he feeming like a junky though? or did he just like to smoke pot? I've done a lot of different things back in the day and I think its a big difference between jonesing for another line where your ass feels like you're going to jump out of your skin because that blast is wearing off. And not being able to smoke a joint.. You may really want a buzz but your body isn't freaking out and telling you to do something incredibly stupid to satisfy it..

If you can't go one day...one day...without smoking pot, then you are addicted. Perhaps it isn't a physical addiction, but you are definitely mentally addicted to it. Either way, an addiction is an addiction.

Muddy
11-16-2012, 02:47 PM
If you can't go one day...one day...without smoking pot, then you are addicted. Perhaps it isn't a physical addiction, but you are definitely mentally addicted to it. Either way, an addiction is an addiction.

Yeah, I can agree with the mentally addicted part... But really you can be mentally addicted to a coca-cola with your lunch everyday..

FBD
11-16-2012, 03:21 PM
habits are habits. are they a good habit or...well, are they positive, are they negative, are they both?

walking the middle ground steps on both sides of the line sometimes.

man, I gotta start checking my calendar before I check my head. Got a meeting in 10 minutes :lol:

Lambchop
11-16-2012, 03:23 PM
When I tried that shit I couldn't get shit done. All I wanted to do was watch old comedy films, eat snacks and whack off. :-k

Super Silver Haze = 1
Lambchop = + 1 kilo

FBD
11-16-2012, 03:32 PM
I think you have to breach the threshold of saturation before it turns upside down and it helps you think and you zone on projects and get tons of work done :lol: But again that is maintaining some farcical fueled "equilibrium" and hence unsustainable. It really is preferable do go the perfectly clean route, but that requires a victory of mind over body - which is much easier if you never do any of the shit in the first place. But there is a certain amount of willpower cultivation that is gained by overcoming.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Once you build up a tolerance its easy to be functional

FBD
11-16-2012, 03:35 PM
All that said I dont see any "new concerns" whatsoever in this article. If its legal, we'll have less documented cases of "addiction" because we'll have less busted people having judges force them to go to rehabilitation for it.

Acid Trip
11-16-2012, 03:41 PM

This is why you don't go to work high. Just like you don't go to work drunk, on pills, shrooming, tripping, or otherwise.

Do whatever you want but do it on your free time. I smoke weed but I'd fire an employee that came to work high.

Lambchop
11-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Went to Amsterdam with a group, including 2 Colombians who claimed that they could handle anything. One day I took the tram into the city centre and bought them mushrooms from the smart shop, hash brownies and various high-priced strains from Amnesia. First came the uncontrollable laughter and after about 45 minutes they started to fight each other, followed by a state of such raw hunger that they ate 3 large sausage pizzas from the nearby pizzeria.

I think I was the only one that didn't bang a whore too. One guy came back from the RLD looking so pissed off because the girl didn't let him finish hahahahaa :wank::wank::wank:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-16-2012, 03:52 PM
This is why you don't go to work high. Just like you don't go to work drunk, on pills, shrooming, tripping, or otherwise.

Do whatever you want but do it on your free time. I smoke weed but I'd fire an employee that came to work high.

Its obvious shes an idiot :lol:

Lambchop
11-16-2012, 04:14 PM
I just hope they make advancements in the pulmonary field for all the smokers out there. The lungs are probably the worst organ in terms of repair after smoking damage.

Stay alive for your kids,

LC

Hal-9000
11-16-2012, 06:53 PM
put it in your system every day for 20 years...and not just a bowl, smoke at least two joints.....every day.

then stop :)

there will most definitely be a physical change when you quit.

FBD
11-16-2012, 07:13 PM
smoke two joints before you smoke two joints, then smoke two more :dance:

Acid Trip
11-16-2012, 07:38 PM
smoke two joints before you smoke two joints, then smoke two more :dance:

I smoke two joints when I play video games and every 10,000 points.

FBD
11-16-2012, 07:52 PM
:lol:

Acid Trip
11-16-2012, 07:57 PM
put it in your system every day for 20 years...and not just a bowl, smoke at least two joints.....every day.

then stop :)

there will most definitely be a physical change when you quit but only if your name is Hal.

Fixed.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-16-2012, 08:07 PM
:lol:

RBP
11-16-2012, 08:17 PM
I want to smoke :-k I haven't in a long time...

Muddy
11-16-2012, 08:50 PM

PM Lance, he can get it legally in his state.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-16-2012, 09:02 PM

Send me your address and $300 and I'll mail it to you :twisted:

Lambchop
11-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Reported to DEA

RBP
11-16-2012, 10:31 PM
PM Lance, he can get it legally in his state.

Awww, just like a helpful little family around here!

Well except for Lamby. :lol:

MrsM
11-17-2012, 01:49 AM

Do you ship to Canada?

PorkChopSandwiches
11-17-2012, 04:37 AM
;)

RBP
11-17-2012, 04:59 AM
Porky going international. Mack daddy style!