PDA

View Full Version : Slash: 'I'd talk about Guns N' Roses reunion if Axl Rose apologised'

Teh One Who Knocks
02-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Axeman says he'd definitely take Rose's call
NME Magazine

http://i.imgur.com/qMbDD.jpg

Slash has admitted he would consider reuniting with frontman Axl Rose - but only if the singer apologised to him.

Speaking ahead of his forthcoming tour slot with Ozzy Osbourne, the guitarist said he would talk to Rose about playing together if a "sorry" was forthcoming, but he didn’t expect that to happen.

In an interview with the Los Angeles Daily, he responded to a question over whether what he’d do if Axl Rose called him, apologised and wanted a reunion.

"That would be a call I would be surprised to get," he said. "If that really happened, I would have to clean out my junk drawer, too, but I don't see it happening. But if it did happen, I would do whatever it takes to at least have a conversation about it."

Slash left Guns N' Roses in 1996 and is not thought to have talked to Rose since. He now plays in Velvet Revolver, as well as releasing solo material.

Hal-9000
02-05-2011, 05:11 PM
You gotta love Slash...the guy will jam with anyone, crossing genres a long time ago.

It seems funny that in all of the big business and stress, creative differences, in the world of rock n roll...it still comes down to a simple courtesy to set things right.

DemonGeminiX
02-05-2011, 05:49 PM
I wanna know what the apology would be for. Anything specific or just the fact that Rose was/is a douchebag to the nth degree?

:-k

Hal-9000
02-05-2011, 05:52 PM
:lol:

Slash is probably impervious to Axl's regular douchebaggery after all the years together.

I bet it was something really minor in our eyes, yet huge for Slash.Axl probably compared him to some hack guitarist :lol:

DemonGeminiX
02-05-2011, 05:55 PM
I don't know man. In the history of rock n roll, has there ever been a guy that has played the arrogant rock star card as hard as W. Axl Rose? I wouldn't care if I had the history and success that Slash had with him, I wouldn't want to reunite with a guy like that to save my life.

Hal-9000
02-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Slash has taken the higher road from what I've read over the years...

Only once did I see where Slash mentioned that - 'Axl wanted every song to be a huge 18 minute piano epic..and I just want to play rock and roll'

:lol:

Goofy
02-05-2011, 06:11 PM
I wanna know what the apology would be for. Anything specific or just the fact that Rose was/is a douchebag to the nth degree?

Possibly due to the fact Axl forced the rest of the band to sign over all rights to the 'Guns n Roses' name :)

Hal-9000
02-05-2011, 06:15 PM
yeah Buckethead and fat Axl were NOT Guns n Roses...

redred
02-05-2011, 06:29 PM

it was for many things a major one was taking him out of the Sympathy for the Devil remake and replacing him with a no one if i remember rightly

Hal-9000
02-05-2011, 06:43 PM
it was for many things a major one was taking him out of the Sympathy for the Devil remake and replacing him with a no one if i remember rightly

I read that Slash and the band laid down the music tracks on one coast (yes that was Slash playing) and Axl dubbed the lyrics at another time, another coast.

great way to record a song.../sarcasm key