PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Lohan on Playing Elizabeth Taylor: "Everything I've Gone Through Made Me Ready" for This

Teh One Who Knocks
11-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/1Vyjc.jpg

Lindsay Lohan is ready for her close-up.

Tonight, Nov. 25, the 26-year-old actress makes her debut as screen legend Elizabeth Taylor in the Lifetime original movie Liz & Dick, about Taylor's volatile relationship with Richard Burton (played by Grant Bowler), whom she married and divorced twice.

The small-screen biopic is one of the most anticipated television events of the year -- largely because of Lohan, who is hoping to make her long-delayed comeback after years of personal drama and legal troubles. (The star has endured a seemingly endless string of public humiliations over the last decade -- among them, five stints in rehab, six arrests, and more than 20,000 minutes behind bars.)

"Everything I've gone through made me ready to play Liz," the star told Us Weekly reporter Jennifer Peros during a recent sit-down interview in Los Angeles, adding that her trials and tribulations have made her both a better person and a better actress.

Lohan's critics may beg to differ with that statement, but she insists she's grown up and learned her lessons. She even goes so far as to say that she displays more professionalism than the film icon she's portraying.

"Elizabeth was drunk on sets. I've never been drunk on set, ever," the Liz & Dick actress told Us. "I did my time and I respect the law."

Lohan does relate to the violet-eyed siren in other ways, though. Like Taylor, she's a former child star who became a tabloid favorite -- and not always for good reasons.

"Since I was a kid, I've loved being on camera. Don't misconstrue that: I didn't strive to have flashbulbs at dinner or people who don't know me calling TMZ. And 99 percent of the time, it's not true," she explained. "I feel bullied. I can't think of any actor who has been subjected to such extreme publicity who hasn't, like, committed suicide."

That said, Lohan knows she brought some of the attention on herself. And she's working now to change her image, with a little help from Taylor.

"She probably would have said, 'Figure it the hell out,'" Lohan told Peros of how the Cleopatra star might have advised her. "You have to learn it for yourself sometimes."

Teh One Who Knocks
11-26-2012, 12:52 PM
By Laura Sassano - OK Magazine

Lifetime's much-advertised Elizabeth Taylor biopic, Liz & Dick, premieres tonight! Audiences have long been teased with stills of Lindsay Lohan all Lized up, sometimes looking convincing, sometimes not so much. The moment has finally come. Unfortunately, many scathing reviews of the movie — including but not exclusive of Lindsay's performance — are already in. We've compiled a list of the ten most scathing (and funny, sorry but some are) lines from those reviews for you to peruse at your leisure, or to read aloud at that viewing party you may have organized.

Liz & Dick airs tonight on Lifetime at 9 p.m. Will you be watching? Let us know if you agree with any of the following statements.

1) Instead, the primary interest in watching Liz & Dick is to behold Lindsay Lohan trying, with varying, wobbly degrees of effort, to make her own career comeback." — Ken Tucker, Entertainment Weekly

2) "[Lindsay Lohan's] idol, Marilyn Monroe, continued to study acting well into her stardom, and turned in some very good performances as a result. Lohan might want to imitate Monroe's interest in her craft, rather than just dressing like her for magazine spreads." — Tim Molloy, Chicago Tribune

3) Unfortunately Lohan and co-star Grant Bowler have about as much sexual chemistry as Kermit and Miss Piggy and none of that couple's tenderness. — Mary McNamara, L.A. Times

4) The recreated scene from Virginia Woolf is absurd: It's as though Burton is trading barbs with a 14-year-old boy in drag." — David Wiegand, The San Francisco Chronicle

5) There are moments in Liz & Dick when Lindsay Lohan looks a lot like Elizabeth Taylor. There are others in which she looks like Elizabeth Taylor doing a Saturday Night Live impersonation of Lindsay Lohan. — Alessandra Stanley, New York Times

6) "... she looks more like Joan Collins stapled in half." — Tom Gliatto, People

7) "It should come as no great surprise that Lifetime's Liz & Dick movie starring Lindsay Lohan is spectacularly bad." — Tim Goodman, The Hollywood Reporter

8) "Lindsay Lohan cannot make a movie this bad by herself. There's an ample assist from the screenwriting, which strings together soap-opera lines ("I won't live without you!" "No more LIES!" "You haven't lost me, I've lost you.") into a production you might expect to see Jenna Maroney in on 30 Rock." — James Poniewozik, TIME

9) You can't watch Liz & Dick and say nobody's trying." — Matt Zoller Seitz, Vulture.com

10) There is drinking game fun to be had here, but that's all Liz and Dick really offers. Please, don't drink every time one half of the lead duo downs some vodka or every time Lohan provides an absolutely affectless line delivery — I don't want to be responsible for any deaths by alcohol poisoning." — Maureen Ryan, The Huffington Post

DemonGeminiX
11-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Ouch!

:lol:

Muddy
11-26-2012, 06:56 PM
People just have it out for her is all, imo. She could deliver a stellar performance and she'd still have detractors.. (not that I'm a fan)

Southern Belle
11-27-2012, 12:44 AM
This is a surprise?

Hal-9000
11-27-2012, 03:57 AM
People just have it out for her is all, imo. She could deliver a stellar performance and she'd still have detractors.. (not that I'm a fan)

She needs to deliver that good performance first...you hear about actor's antics on set either being late or being prima donnas...I can excuse all of that if they put out a stellar performance.

she's just all antics and no delivery, the world should move past her..

Teh One Who Knocks
11-27-2012, 12:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/P1rUd.jpg