PDA

View Full Version : Manchester baby boy 'bled to death after circumcision'

redred
11-26-2012, 06:49 PM
A four-week-old boy "bled to death" after a home circumcision carried out by a nurse, a court has heard.

Goodluck Caubergs died the day after nurse Grace Adeleye carried out the procedure without anaesthetic, Manchester Crown Court was told.

The jury heard the 66-year-old only used scissors, forceps and olive oil at an address in Chadderton, Greater Manchester in April 2010.

Mrs Adeleye denies manslaughter by gross negligence.

The court heard the medic and Goodluck's parents are originally from Nigeria, where the circumcision of newborns is the tradition for Christian families.

'Dangers ignored'
Mrs Adeleye, of Sarnia Court, Salford, was paid £100 to do the operation as Goodluck's parents did not know the procedure was available on the NHS.

It is alleged the defendant, who is also a midwife, left a "ragged" wound that bled and her post-operative care was inadequate.

The family home, where the procedure took place, is a mile and a half from Royal Oldham Hospital.

Adrian Darbishire QC, opening the case for the prosecution, told the jury: "The allegation essentially here is that the care she provided in the course of that procedure was so bad that not only did it cause the death of that young baby wholly unnecessarily, but it amounted to gross negligence and a crime."

The court heard that up to three children a month are admitted to the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital because of bleeding after home-based circumcisions - a danger the nurse should have been aware of.

Mrs Adeleye went to Goodluck's home On 16 April 2010, telling his mother to fetch some olive oil and a bowl of warm water and stripping the baby to his vest, the jury was told.

'No pain relief'
The defendant brought her "instruments" out of her handbag and dipped a pair of scissors into the water in a kidney dish.

She carried out the procedure with no anaesthetic or local pain relief before cleaning the wound with cotton wool and applied a bandage, the court heard.

Between 30 and 40 minutes after surgery, Mrs Adeleye left without making any proper checks on the patient, Mr Darbishire said.

Later, the parents found the bandage had come off the wound, which dripped with blood and there was blood in Goodluck's nappy.

Mr Darbishire said even a small amount of blood loss is dangerous and the loss of just one sixth of a pint of blood can be fatal for a newborn.

A post-mortem examination revealed Goodluck's death was caused by a loss of blood.

The trial continues.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-20503660

Muddy
11-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Nice work.

minz
11-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Goodluck Caubergs, thats an unfortunate name, poor little boy what a barbaric thing to do to your child.

Goofy
11-26-2012, 07:11 PM
:|

Griffin
11-27-2012, 12:14 AM
they did that to me when I was born.

...I don't remember if it hurt or not but I do know I couldn't walk for over a year.

Hugh_Janus
11-27-2012, 12:20 AM
they did that to me when I was born.

...I don't remember if it hurt or not but I do know I couldn't for over a year.

couldn't what.... type all the words to make a proper sentence? :lol:

Griffin
11-27-2012, 12:25 AM
walk...fucked that up royally didn't I:oops:

Hugh_Janus
11-27-2012, 12:29 AM
just a bit :lol:

Griffin
11-27-2012, 12:34 AM
that's what I get for playing on the internet while cooking dinner at the same time.

Muddy
11-27-2012, 01:40 AM
What kind of dumb fuck doesn't have this procedure done in a hospital?

Griffin
11-27-2012, 03:01 AM
What did the Mohel say at the Bris?

...It won't be long now.

Griffin
11-27-2012, 03:07 AM
Q: Why do Jewish women always go for men who are circumcised?
A: Because they find it hard to refuse anything with 10% off.

RBP
11-27-2012, 03:08 AM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7ms5l_saturday-night-live-royal-deluxe-ii_fun

RBP
11-27-2012, 03:11 AM

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :x

Griffin
11-27-2012, 03:17 AM
Ruth's baby boy is born with only one eyelid. "Oy veh! What am I going to do?" she says to her doctor.
"Don't worry," he replies, "after the bris, we will take the little bit of foreskin and make him a nice new eyelid."

The surgery went fine although the boy was a little cockeyed.

Griffin
11-27-2012, 03:26 AM
David’s watch was not working. He remembered passing a little shop with clocks and watches in the window, so he took the watch in for repair.
"Can I help you?" asked the man behind the counter.
"I want this watch repaired," said David.
"I'm sorry. I don't repair watches."
"Well, how much for a new one then?" asked David.
"I don't sell watches."
"You don't sell watches?"
"No, I don't sell watches."
"Clocks, you sell clocks then? How much for a clock?"
"I don't sell clocks."
David was getting exasperated. "You don't sell watches, you don't sell clocks?"
"No, I’m a mohel," replied the man.
"Then why do you have all those clocks and watches in the window?"
"If you were a mohel, tell me, what would you put in your window?"

Griffin
11-27-2012, 03:33 AM
Two gentlemen are using the facilities at Grand Central Station in New York.
One gentleman says to the other, "Are you from Borough Park?"
The other gentleman exclaims, "Yeah, how did you know that?"
The first gentleman says, "Do you belong to Temple Beth El?"
The second gentleman exclaims, "Yeah, how did you know that?"
The first gentleman says, "Is Rabbi Yablonobovitz, the mohel, still there?"
The second gentleman exclaims "Yeah, how did you know that?"
The first gentleman answers, "Because he always cuts on a slant, and you're peeing on my shoe!"

Hal-9000
11-27-2012, 03:47 AM
I was thinking about going to medical school and becoming a circumcisionist...pay isn't very much but the tips are good

Griffin
11-27-2012, 03:48 AM
A mohel retires after 40 years of service and decides he needs something to remind him of his long career, but what? It soon becomes clear to him what it must be.
So next day, he goes to a leather factory and takes with him all the skin he has saved over the 40 years. He says to the foreman, "I vant you should make me a memento of my years as a mohel."
The foreman assures him that something can be done and that he should come back next week to pick it up.
When the mohel returns, the foreman presents him with --- a wallet. The mohel is shocked and incensed. "I vork for 40 years and all you can make for me is a vallet?"
The foreman replies, "But it is a special kind of wallet. When you rub it, it becomes a suitcase!"

Griffin
11-27-2012, 03:51 AM
How do you circumcise a Catholic priest?

Kick a choir-boy in the chin.

Griffin
11-27-2012, 03:52 AM
How do I tell my wife that It really gets on my nerves when she nibbles on my foreskin?

She thinks that I like it, but honestly, I just wish that I'd thrown it away after the circumcision.

Griffin
11-27-2012, 03:55 AM
A priest, a minister, and a rabbi want to see who’s best at his job. So they each go into the woods, find a bear, and attempt to convert it. Later they get together. The priest begins: "When I found the bear, I read to him from the Catechism and sprinkled him with holy water. Next week is his First Communion."
"I found a bear by the stream," says the minister, "and preached God’s holy word. The bear was so mesmerized that he let me baptize him."
They both look down at the rabbi, who is lying on a gurney in a body cast. "Looking back," he says, "maybe I shouldn’t have started with the circumcision."