PDA

View Full Version : TriHealth fires 150 employees for not getting flu shots

PorkChopSandwiches
11-26-2012, 08:56 PM
http://www.wlwt.com/image/view/-/16765144/highRes/1/-/maxh/460/maxw/620/-/rpphbjz/-/2012-13-flu-vaccine.jpg

CINCINNATI — One of Cincinnati’s largest employers fired approximately 150 employees Wednesday for failing to get a required flu shot.

TriHealth offered all of its 10,800 employees free flu shots. Employees had a month to get the flu shot. The deadline was Nov. 16. Employees who did not get the shot were terminated Wednesday, a company spokesperson said.

Employees who were terminated can appeal to be reinstated after receiving the shot.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Fuckin crazy, how can a company require you to take shots

Acid Trip
11-26-2012, 09:01 PM

It's not crazy. If an employee doesn't like it then they can find another job where it isn't required. Problem solved.

FBD
11-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Its not like there's one catchall flu shot yet is there? Last I knew it was sort of a crapshoot in that you may have the strain you're not vaccinated for be the one going around. Still no better remedy than to be healthy in the first place, stronger fields of energy, internal energy-pressure prevents a lot of crap. Energetic teflon in a way :dance:

Acid Trip
11-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Its not like there's one catchall flu shot yet is there? Last I knew it was sort of a crapshoot in that you may have the strain you're not vaccinated for be the one going around. Still no better remedy than to be healthy in the first place, stronger fields of energy, internal energy-pressure prevents a lot of crap. Energetic teflon in a way :dance:

They are still trying. The link below is from late last year and is a good read.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2011/feb/06/flu-universal-vaccine-test-success

Muddy
11-26-2012, 09:10 PM

I think at some hospitals around here they do the same thing with their employees.

DemonGeminiX
11-26-2012, 09:25 PM

See, this is where you lose me. You make all kinds of sense until you throw in all that third eye metaphysical Indian yogi bullshit.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-26-2012, 09:28 PM
:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-26-2012, 10:25 PM
It's not crazy. If an employee doesn't like it then they can find another job where it isn't required. Problem solved.

:qft:

FBD
11-26-2012, 10:40 PM
See, this is where you lose me. You make all kinds of sense until you throw in all that third eye metaphysical Indian yogi bullshit.

Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. :)

PorkChopSandwiches
11-26-2012, 11:02 PM

You have no issue with a business requiring you to inject something they decide you need into your body

Teh One Who Knocks
11-26-2012, 11:06 PM
You have no issue with a business requiring you to inject something they decide you need into your body

If you work in healthcare, how is it unreasonable for them to require you to be immunized against the seasonal flu?

Oh, that's right, you're one of those tinfoil hat wearers when it comes to vaccination ;)

:tinfoil:

Hugh_Janus
11-26-2012, 11:07 PM
where are the unions?

PorkChopSandwiches
11-26-2012, 11:21 PM
If you work in healthcare, how is it unreasonable for them to require you to be immunized against the seasonal flu?

Oh, that's right, you're one of those tinfoil hat wearers when it comes to vaccination ;)

:tinfoil:
Because its bullshit that's why. Where does the line get drawn?

DemonGeminiX
11-26-2012, 11:46 PM
Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. :)

Hahahahaha

:lol:

Muddy
11-26-2012, 11:46 PM
Because its bullshit that's why. Where does the line get drawn?

Down at the unemployment office..

Teh One Who Knocks
11-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Down at the unemployment office..

:bazinga:

Griffin
11-26-2012, 11:54 PM

I wonder if that little prick was disclosed at their being hired.

Southern Belle
11-27-2012, 12:31 AM
I would think it would be required in the health care field. I would hate to think I could go to the doctor (or hospital, or whatever) and catch the flu from a person who works there ffs.

deebakes
11-27-2012, 04:45 AM
i had to get one or i would have faced a similar fate :idk:

RBP
11-27-2012, 04:55 AM
Meh. I tend to disagree. Employment status should be judged on job performance, including punctuality and attendance.

If someone misses too much time they should be disciplined, regardless of reason.

deebakes
11-27-2012, 06:20 AM
Meh. I tend to disagree. Employment status should be judged on job performance, including punctuality and attendance.

If someone misses too much time they should be disciplined, regardless of reason.

it's not about the sickness, it's about the transmission to the patients... the needs of the patient come first, or at least that is what is drilled into all employees day 1 :idk:

redred
11-27-2012, 09:57 AM
can you all not see what's happening here, microchip implant's they want to know everything man:hills:

Jezter
11-27-2012, 12:11 PM
So most of the time you guys are all "Government shouldn't be telling us what to do! Personal freedom! Don't force us the healthy lifestyle!" and so on...but now on this matter it is no to personal choice... I tend to think that despite them being healthcare professionals, they still have a right to decline the vaccination just like any other person if they feel they don't need it. I don't have anything against vaccinations, but if I think I don't need it, then I wont take it.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-27-2012, 12:16 PM
So most of the time you guys are all "Government shouldn't be telling us what to do! Personal freedom! Don't force us the healthy lifestyle!" and so on...but now on this matter it is no to personal choice... I tend to think that despite them being healthcare professionals, they still have a right to decline the vaccination just like any other person if they feel they don't need it. I don't have anything against vaccinations, but if I think I don't need it, then I wont take it.

Where on earth in this article do you see "the government" involved? :-s

You go to work for a PRIVATE company, then you follow their rules (unless they violate the law). Don't like the rules, quit and go find another job, simple as that.

Jezter
11-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Where on earth in this article do you see "the government" involved? :-s

You go to work for a PRIVATE company, then you follow their rules (unless they violate the law). Don't like the rules, quit and go find another job, simple as that.

Nowhere, but I just meant in general that you guys don't usually like to be told what to do and how by anyone. You like your personal freedoms to choose how to do your stuff and how to live. Which is how it should be. Just surprised that in this matter you take the side of a company forcing something to you.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Nowhere, but I just meant in general that you guys don't usually like to be told what to do and how by anyone. You like your personal freedoms to choose how to do your stuff and how to live. Which is how it should be. Just surprised that in this matter you take the side of a company forcing something to you.

And all these people have the personal freedom to go look for another job.

Do you think that construction companies shouldn't force people to wear hard hats and safety shoes on job sites? Maybe doctors shouldn't be "forced" to wash up and wear rubber gloves before they do an operation. After all, those rules impose restrictions on their personal freedom.

Jezter
11-27-2012, 12:31 PM

Do you think that construction companies shouldn't force people to wear hard hats and safety shoes on job sites? Maybe doctors shouldn't be "forced" to wash up and wear rubber gloves before they do an operation. After all, those rules impose restrictions on their personal freedom.
Well...that escalated quickly! :lol:

Acid Trip
11-27-2012, 04:16 PM

There are lots of employers in this country who do not require the flu shot. You also have the option of starting your own business and making your own rules.

If the Federal government said "everyone must get the flu shot" I'd have a problem with that. Changing jobs is easy, getting citizenship in another country and moving there is not.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-27-2012, 04:34 PM

That is not even close to the same thing, if the hospital wanted them top all wear masks then we wouldn't be having this discussion

Teh One Who Knocks
11-27-2012, 04:36 PM
That is not even close to the same thing, if the hospital wanted them top all wear masks then we wouldn't be having this discussion

It's only "not the same thing" for people such as yourself that believe there is some nefarious plot behind immunizations.

deebakes
11-28-2012, 05:13 AM
i figure i am just a giant lab rat anyways :idk: