PDA

View Full Version : Carly Rae Jepsen, 27: I'm Not Trying to Look "Younger Than I Am"

Teh One Who Knocks
11-28-2012, 02:23 PM
By Zach Johnson - Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/4Qf4B.jpg

Despite how she's sometimes perceived, Carly Rae Jepsen is a grown woman.

Appearing on the January cover of Cosmopolitan, the "Good Time" singer explains how her youthful image has sometimes worked against her. "If people think I look younger, then that's great; I'm stoked," the Canadian pop star says. "But I turned 27 in November, and when I look in the mirror, I see all of the years attached to that face, and I'm content with me."

Though she's been criticized for dressing like a teenager, Jepsen insists she's more sophisticated when she's not putting on a show. "I love being classy and as elegant as possible in my apartment. But when I'm onstage, I can't dance in 4-inch heels, so I'll generally sport flats. I'm 5-foot-2, so yeah, I'm going to look a little bit more playful. But I don't think that means I'm trying for an age younger than I am."

Though her debut single "Call Me Maybe" became a global phenomenon, reaching No. 1 in more than a dozen countries, Jepsen hopes people will give the rest of her album a listen.

http://i.imgur.com/ItCGK.jpg

"For me, the goal of music has never been 'I need to be the biggest superstar in the world.' It was 'I want to spend my life doing this, and I want to make a career that I can live off of so I don't have to tend bar and waitress to make this fly,'" the musician says. "I don't want to be Cinderella for a night. I want to be Cinderella for life."

In the Cosmopolitan cover story, Jepsen also opens up about how she met her current boyfriend, Matthew Koma. (The two co-wrote her second single, "This Kiss.")

"Redfoo [of LMFAO] is our Cupid -- a cupid in zebra-print pajamas!" she says. "Foo's awesome. He ended up introducing me and Matthew."

Loser
11-28-2012, 02:34 PM
"Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but I'm on bath salts, your face looks tasty...."

Someone said that during a zombie game stream on twitch.tv once...I nearly shit myself laughing :lol:

RBP
11-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Meh, she is trying to look younger :hand:

And she didn't sound so good at the CFL halftime show.

:dunno:

Godfather
11-28-2012, 03:11 PM
No, no she did not good. And I actually thought she was like 19...

Shady
11-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Doesn't really matter cause shes as attractive as a smashed garbage can and she got as much talent as one too.

Loser
11-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Are you guys shitting me?

She's not hideously ugly, and she's rich.

I'd dong the hell outa her and take my paycheck :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Look at those pics, she doesnt look that young at all, she has deep lines around her mouth. That being said, what women doesnt try to look younger then they are

DemonGeminiX
11-28-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't think she's ugly at all, but she's not drop dead gorgeous either. I'd say that she's about average to good looking... the kind of physical attractiveness where the strategically applied makeup makes her look better and where a great personality goes a long way. I agree with the claim that she has no talent, but I'm kinda biased against all the prefabricated pop horseshit that's been flooding tv and radio for the past 30 years.

And like Porky says, every woman above the age of 25 tries to look younger than what they are. Because most normal guys don't want to fuck an 80 year old-looking hag, and women know it.

Lambchop
11-28-2012, 08:22 PM
WBHN

Would Bang Her Nostrils

minz
11-28-2012, 08:25 PM
What's WBHN :?

DemonGeminiX
11-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Click the spoiler button.

minz
11-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Click the spoiler button.

Not a chance :hand: I know what you lot are like.

Goofy
11-28-2012, 08:28 PM
WBHN

Would Bang Her Nostrils

You must have a very thin penis :-k

Goofy
11-28-2012, 08:29 PM
IDHITE :tup:

I'd do her in the ear

minz
11-28-2012, 08:38 PM
You must have a very thin penis :-k

:shock: Glad I didn't open that than...

IDHITE :tup:

I'd do her in the ear

:hand: And I'm out...

Goofy
11-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Hahahahahahahaha :dance:

Shady
11-29-2012, 05:36 AM
1. She has crazy eyes. She's an argument away from stabbingbyou with a piece of glass from a picture frame she just roundhouse off the top of a bookcase.

2. Her hair. There so much of it and it hides so much of her head and face. It's not cute, it makes me wonder what your hiding and why youre not secure enough with your body.