PDA

View Full Version : High school soccer coach 'watched boy being sodomized by players then congratulated victim' during hazing ritual

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2012, 11:52 AM
By Michael Zennie and Louise Boyle - The Daily Mail

http://i.imgur.com/BrJWv.jpg

A soccer coach witnessed a teenage boy being sodomized by teammates then congratulated the victim, asking 'if it was all good', it has been claimed.

The new allegations on Wednesday concern an incident in July involving coach Michael Divincenzo, known to students as 'Divo', who reportedly told older players to assault freshmen.

The fresh claim came to light after three boys were allegedly sexually assaulted in a hazing ritual at Maine West High School in Des Plaines, Illinois on September 27.

It has been alleged that three boys were shoved to the ground and beaten by the older members of the varsity team.

The players then held them down, pulled down their pants, tore off their underwear and sodomized each of them.

The coaches supported the hazing ritual, by ordering a 'campus run' after the three freshman made the senior team, the Daily Herald reported.

Divincenzo, two coaches who are also teachers at theschool and varsity coach Emilo Rodriguez, have been transferred with pay, pending the outcome of a school district investigation.

Three other coaches have been fired. A Des Plaines police investigation of the incident led to six students being sent to juvenile court to face hazing charges.

The school district said it has disciplined ten students.

Several parents told police that they didn't want the alleged assaults of their sons investigated, according to the Sun-Times.

Antonio Romanucci, the attorney who filed a lawsuit on behalf of three students and their parents, said the hazing practice has taken place at the school for the last four years.

'That behavior, in today's society, is disgusting,' he said. 'It should never be condoned. It should never have happened.'

The school is investigating this year's assault allegations and another in 2008 involving a teenage baseball player at Maine West.

In the incident four years ago, a freshman's pants were allegedly pulled down in the locker room. However his mother said when she originally reported the assault, the school did nothing.

Last week, the mother of the alleged victim, who is suing the school, appeared at a press conference wearing sunglasses and a baseball cap pulled low across her face to hide her identity and protect the anonymity of her son. He has since moved to another school.

'I thought my son would be safe at school,' she said, her voice quivering. 'You think when you drop off your son, it's a safe place to be.

'But I feel like the coaches should have kept him safe on the soccer field, and they didn't do that.'

redred
11-30-2012, 01:54 PM
so soccer is a gay sport then

RBP
11-30-2012, 02:26 PM
I never know exactly what happened when they just say sodomized....

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2012, 02:28 PM
I never know exactly what happened when they just say sodomized....

Me neither, but if I had to guess in a situation like this, probably using a piece of sports equipment found easily around the gym (like a tennis racket or hockey stick or something similar)

RBP
11-30-2012, 02:31 PM
so you assume they shoved something up his ass?

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Isn't that what sodomize means in the simplest sense?

RBP
11-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Yeah I think... it's anything that isn't p33n to vag, which is why it's confusing.

redred
11-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Me neither, but if I had to guess in a situation like this, probably using a piece of sports equipment found easily around the gym (like a tennis racket or hockey stick or something similar)

it was a toothbrush for a friend of mine playing rugby

FBD
11-30-2012, 02:59 PM
that is just all kinds of wrong. I can totally see taking the freshman and tossing them in the creek or something like happened to almost all of us back in the day (I escaped that one :dance: ) but fkn sodomizing as hazing as ritual...that is just fkn disgusting, wrong, and the goddam kids on the team that did it should be punished also.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2012, 03:12 PM
that is just all kinds of wrong. I can totally see taking the freshman and tossing them in the creek or something like happened to almost all of us back in the day (I escaped that one :dance: ) but fkn sodomizing as hazing as ritual...that is just fkn disgusting, wrong, and the goddam kids on the team that did it should be punished also.

Couldn't agree more...if I was the parent of the kid this happened to, I would push for criminal charges on all the kids involved, plus I would be filing civil suits against all their families as well.