PDA

View Full Version : Domino's: Obamacare will require 34 million pizza nutrition signs

Teh One Who Knocks
12-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Many customers won't even see the signs because they use Domino's as a delivery service
V105 FM News

http://i.imgur.com/7MUmt.jpg

New Obamacare regulations will force pizza chains like Domino's to post up to 34 million nutrition signs in its stores -- one for every pizza combination the company makes.

The rules require fast food and grocery stores that have more than 20 stores to require labels for each product they produce.

Jenny Fouracre-Petko, the legislative director for Domino’s, said mandated signs will cost Domino’s nearly $5,000 per store. Even worse, the cost will get passed down to the consumer, many of whom will never see the signs since “10 percent of pizza customers never enter a Domino’s store” because they use Domino’s exclusively as a delivery service.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-03-2012, 11:06 PM
if everyone would stop being so fat we wouldnt have to do these things

Shady
12-03-2012, 11:46 PM
I gotta call bullshit on this. This is a mandate that the FDA has been contemplating/pushing for for the last decade. They just happened to tag it on with the Affordable Care Act because it had the best chance to survive on such a large bill. Porky is right. If people weren't such fat assets in America we wouldn't have this kind of crap. Granted it does leave the little guys alone and anyone with talent in the food industry shouldn't be working at Dominos

Hal-9000
12-03-2012, 11:53 PM
They do it up here...everything but the Mom & Pop restaurants.

It was funny when macDonalds had to list nutrition/ingredients....all of sudden there were new salads and burgers on the menu, imagine that :lol:

lost in melb.
12-04-2012, 12:56 AM
They do it up here...everything but the Mom & Pop restaurants.

It was funny when macDonalds had to list nutrition/ingredients....all of sudden there were new salads and burgers on the menu, imagine that :lol:

Yep, it's a pain in the (fat) ass, but it works...

RBP
12-04-2012, 02:29 AM
Nobody reads those things.... I am not at McDonald's because I am watching what I eat.

FBD
12-04-2012, 01:32 PM
I gotta call bullshit on this. This is a mandate that the FDA has been contemplating/pushing for for the last decade. They just happened to tag it on with the Affordable Care Act because it had the best chance to survive on such a large bill. Porky is right. If people weren't such fat assets in America we wouldn't have this kind of crap. Granted it does leave the little guys alone and anyone with talent in the food industry shouldn't be working at Dominos
"just happened to" tag it in O'screwcare because it was FDA regulatory overreach to begin with, and it doesnt have enough support for congress to have acted on it, so yeah, let's toss it in this huge ass laundry list of every progressive fuck-america-item and call it law without even passing the fuckin shit :roll: (but its illegal passing and unconstitutional content are another argument of course.)

This would not have become "law" if it wasnt for O'fuckocare, so I call bullshit on your bullshit. The FDA doesnt have the power to just deem shit into existence like that - it is just a nanny state reflection that the FDA was trying (unsuccessfully) for so long to get this mandated.

Godfather
12-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Nobody reads those things.... I am not at McDonald's because I am watching what I eat.

I disagree, I read labels for almost everything and so do a huge number of people I know. I think those little menu decisions add up. Not sure why putting them on food is a big deal, like Hal said that's been going on up here for as long as I can remember.

The most surprising thing isn't always saturated/trans fats, calories or sugar... you can jog that shit off. What's disturbing and you'd never guess in some instances without nutrition labels, is the amount of sodium in everything :wha:

Now what we should really be getting rid of is the French of every damn label :lol:

Muddy
12-05-2012, 02:05 AM
I read them as well..

DemonGeminiX
12-05-2012, 02:07 AM
Now what we should really be getting rid of is the French of every damn label :lol:

So how does it feel being the only Canadian alive that doesn't speak French?

:-k

Griffin
12-05-2012, 02:17 AM

my guess is refreshing comes to mind. :rolleyes:

Godfather
12-05-2012, 02:56 AM

Only 22% of the country speaks it as their first language, and they're all in Quebec. I could hold a simple conversation in French and that's better than 90% of the people I know :lol:

Really.. the fact that provinces other than Quebec have mandatory french labels and french class in schools is a costly disaster, all thanks to Trudeau. The idea that his son could be running for PM is enough to make me dry-heave.

Southern Belle
12-05-2012, 02:56 AM

:rofl:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-05-2012, 05:18 PM

I disagree, I read labels for almost everything and so do a huge number of people I know. I think those little menu decisions add up.

I read them as well..

I read them too

Muddy
12-05-2012, 06:32 PM
It helps me make a better informed decision.. It also stops me from eating something I think is not too bad for me but really is..

Teh One Who Knocks
12-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Unless you guys all order salads, EVERYTHING in a restaurant is bad for you, so why bother going out to eat at all? You don't need labels to tell you McDonald's food isn't a "healthy option" ffs....

RBP
12-05-2012, 06:36 PM
If I get to the point where I change my restaurant order because "omg sodium" I'll stop going out to eat.

Muddy
12-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Unless you guys all order salads, EVERYTHING in a restaurant is bad for you, so why bother going out to eat at all? You don't need labels to tell you McDonald's food isn't a "healthy option" ffs....

I disagree.. Some dishes can be half the calories of others.. Just becasue you don't want to eat a 2000 calorie burger doesn't mean there isn't an option at 1/2 the caloric load..

PorkChopSandwiches
12-05-2012, 06:39 PM
exactly

Lambchop
12-05-2012, 06:43 PM
I hope McDonalds introduces the McGlucose special soon. Free blood glucose test with any large milkshake. :yowza:

Or a McStrokey where you get free blood thinning medication after stroking out with any large meal.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-05-2012, 06:44 PM
I disagree.. Some dishes can be half the calories of others.. Just becasue you don't want to eat a 2000 calorie burger doesn't mean there isn't an option at 1/2 the caloric load..

And unless you had bread crumbs and water to eat all day, that 1000 calorie burger isn't any better for you than the 2000 calorie burger

Muddy
12-05-2012, 06:46 PM
And unless you had bread crumbs and water to eat all day, that 1000 calorie burger isn't any better for you than the 2000 calorie burger

I'm no scientist, but I don't see the logic here.. (from a keeping weight off perspective)

FBD
12-05-2012, 07:06 PM
because the meat itself is all friggin protein :lol: its the shite on there and the fries, cocal cola on the side

RBP
12-05-2012, 07:26 PM
I just put TWO slices of cheese on my turkey sammich... I'm a wild man!

Muddy
12-05-2012, 07:27 PM
because the meat itself is all friggin protein :lol: its the shite on there and the fries, cocal cola on the side

:lolwut:

FBD
12-05-2012, 07:41 PM
:facepalm:

Muddy
12-05-2012, 08:02 PM

Like today... JerseY Mikes.. 6" sub w/little dab of mayo and everything else that comes on it, baked lays, unsweet tea... 5-600 calories MAX..

Or I could have gotten the Meatball sub, cheetos, and coke.. 1200-1500 calories..

It matters.. And showing people what they are eating can affect someones choices. And ultimately their weight..

You cant just say 'If you dont want to get fat you shouldn't be eating subs... '

Teh One Who Knocks
12-05-2012, 08:04 PM
You cant just say 'If you dont want to get fat you shouldn't be eating subs... '

Pretty sure that you can :-k

Muddy
12-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Pretty sure that you can :-k

Physically you can, but intelligently you can't.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-05-2012, 08:10 PM
I don't care what any stupid label says, when I go out to eat, I'm gonna have what I want. I'm not going out for a steak, seeing some stupid label and seeing that, oops, that has too many calories, and then think I better have a plain baked potato only instead. If I wanted to eat healthy, I'd stay home.

Same with your example...know what would be healthy? Not going to Jersey Mike's and bringing a sandwich from home.

Muddy
12-05-2012, 08:12 PM
I don't care what any stupid label says, when I go out to eat, I'm gonna have what I want. I'm not going out for a steak, seeing some stupid label and seeing that, oops, that has too many calories, and then think I better have a plain baked potato only instead. If I wanted to eat healthy, I'd stay home.

That's how it works with you, that doesn't mean everyone thinks that way.. Some of us read nutritional labels and care what we put into our bodies.

Same with your example...know what would be healthy? Not going to Jersey Mike's and bringing a sandwich from home.

Just because you bring some ratty sandwich from home doesn't necessarily make it more healthy than one purchased in an establishment..

FBD
12-05-2012, 08:13 PM
What the point of all of this is,

is...

If a restaurant wants to do this, fine, great, awesome, we can use the info.

But up and mandating it for all restaurants...and causing chains to have to spend all kinds of money to comply with an arbitrary fkn dreamt up pile of crap mandate like this is just beyond stupid.

Muddy
12-05-2012, 08:16 PM
What the point of all of this is,

is...

If a restaurant wants to do this, fine, great, awesome, we can use the info.

But up and mandating it for all restaurants...and causing chains to have to spend all kinds of money to comply with an arbitrary fkn dreamt up pile of crap mandate like this is just beyond stupid.

I can agree with you except for all the crap you throw in there making it a statement from a lunatic.

A person does have the choice of not eating at a place that does not provide nutritional data.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-05-2012, 08:21 PM
I dont see why Lance is so against people knowing what they are eating, you can always continue to ignore it and leave it for the people who dont want to die by tomorrow

minz
12-05-2012, 08:22 PM
We've had that labeling here for years, I don't see a problem with it, if you don't want to read it dont and those who do will have that option available to them so everyone's covered.

FBD
12-05-2012, 08:27 PM
muddy, so you agree with me, then contest that these mandates are somehow not arbitrary big government telling you want to do for your own good crap regulations?

the "we dont give a shit how much any of our rules we dream up about how the world should be is going to cost anyone, Utopia is on its way and we're going to do everything we can, spend as much as we can, to get there as fast as possible" crap that the government foists upon us....on one hand telling us what's good for us, on the other doing things that cost us all money and time for often little to do benefit whatsoever...

Lambchop
12-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Will they also include nutritional information in braille for the blind?

FBD
12-05-2012, 08:38 PM
now we've got discrimination to deal with...see, its a neverending charade

Teh One Who Knocks
12-05-2012, 08:44 PM
They should all also be bilingual, the labels need to be in Spanish as well as English :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
12-05-2012, 08:45 PM
I disagree, I read labels for almost everything and so do a huge number of people I know. I think those little menu decisions add up. Not sure why putting them on food is a big deal, like Hal said that's been going on up here for as long as I can remember.

The most surprising thing isn't always saturated/trans fats, calories or sugar... you can jog that shit off. What's disturbing and you'd never guess in some instances without nutrition labels, is the amount of sodium in everything :wha:

Radio told me last week that a group went and bought two breakfast sammies, had a guy eat them....didn't say where they bought from but it was here in Canada (Timmy's or McDonalds). Biscuit, sausage, egg and cheese. They measured his salt content and a few other things before he ate two of them. Salt content was something like 90 grams after eating (900 times the normal daily amount) and they also measured his blood pressure circulation.

After two little breaky sammies his circulation was reduced by 25% ! :lol: They said it was temporary and levels return to normal throughout the day....if you don't eat one everyday.

Lambchop
12-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Radio told me last week that a group went and bought two breakfast sammies....didn't say where from but it was here in Canada (Timmy's or McDonalds). Biscuit, sausage, egg and cheese. They measured his salt content and a few other things before he ate two of them. Salt content was something like 90 grams and they also measured his blood pressure circulation.

After two little breaky sammies his circulation was reduced by 25% ! :lol: They said it was temporary and levels return to normal throughout the day....if you don't eat one everyday.
Hence the need for a McBloodThinner with every meal.

Muddy
12-05-2012, 08:48 PM
muddy, so you agree with me, then contest that these mandates are somehow not arbitrary big government telling you want to do for your own good crap regulations?

the "we dont give a shit how much any of our rules we dream up about how the world should be is going to cost anyone, Utopia is on its way and we're going to do everything we can, spend as much as we can, to get there as fast as possible" crap that the government foists upon us....on one hand telling us what's good for us, on the other doing things that cost us all money and time for often little to do benefit whatsoever...

Hal-9000
12-05-2012, 08:54 PM
it's funny how superhuman we think we are....I didn't start caring about what I was eating until last year :lol: ...young bodies evacuate crap much easier and quicker, than when you get older.

I for one (no matter who has to pay) would like to see these labels at all fast food places. It's the silent things you don't think about.....like extraordinary levels of salt in a breakfast sammie or a really good example would be my Tim Hortons coffee. One large triple, triple is supposed to have 14 grams of sugar and fat in it ffs :lol:

I know and have heard about a lot of guys having strokes and heart attacks in their 40's and 50's recently. Maybe it's the food....maybe there are other factors.....

FBD
12-05-2012, 09:17 PM
sorry broes, fast food & healthy eating do not mix. if you know that, you stick to places like subway and get lean stuff, skip as much HFCS as possible, everywhere possible.

if you think a nanny-state solution of simply displaying the contents is going to somehow make you realize what's good to eat and what your body does not process well, you were probably in diapers until you were 5.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-05-2012, 09:18 PM
BTW McDonalds has had them in their restaurants since at least the early 90's when I used to work there

Hal-9000
12-05-2012, 09:56 PM
sorry broes, fast food & healthy eating do not mix. if you know that, you stick to places like subway and get lean stuff, skip as much HFCS as possible, everywhere possible.

if you think a nanny-state solution of simply displaying the contents is going to somehow make you realize what's good to eat and what your body does not process well, you were probably in diapers until you were 5.

Disagree...and you're being a tad patronizing. Displaying contents is exactly what some people need because we all don't magically know that a relatively non-invasive breakfast sandwich for example, contains that much salt.

In fact, I wouldn't know the fat/salt/calorie count on the average pizza either, no matter how healthy I think the pineapples and green peppers are :lol:

we deserve to know, implying that we're being coddled or in a nanny state because we want to know what's in our take out food is hardly unreasonable.

Hal-9000
12-05-2012, 09:57 PM
BTW McDonalds has had them in their restaurants since at least the early 90's when I used to work there

maybe down there fry-boy :hand:

it's recent for us....