PDA

View Full Version : Burglar calls 911 to save himself from gun-wielding homeowner

Teh One Who Knocks
12-07-2012, 01:12 PM
By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News | The Sideshow

A suspected burglar called 911 after the owner of the home he broke into caught and held him at gunpoint.

The suspect, Christopher Moore, placed the emergency call in Springtown, Texas, during the botched burglary attempt early Tuesday after James Gerow, the homeowner, and Gerow's son pointed guns at him as he sat in his pickup truck parked in the driveway.

"I'm out in the country somewhere," Moore told the 911 operator during the 10-minute call. "Some guy's got a gun on me."

Gerow's wife, Lindy, placed a concurrent call to 911 that confirmed Moore's account.

"You better come quick," she said, "or my husband's going to shoot him."

"If he gets out of the truck, shoot him in the legs," James Gerow told his son, according to the Dallas Morning News Crime Blog. "You ain't gotta kill him—just shoot him in the legs."

When police arrived, both Moore and Lindy Gerow were still talking to 911 dispatchers.

According to CBS' Dallas-Fort Worth affiliate, Moore was arrested and charged with burglary. He's currently being held on a $35,000 bond.

redred
12-07-2012, 01:35 PM
hope the police took their time getting to him :lol:

Godfather
12-08-2012, 02:24 AM
How does that joke go? :lol:

An elderly man was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he’d left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. The man opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked ”Is someone in your house?"

He said "No, but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me.”

Then the police dispatcher said "All patrols are busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available."

The homeowner said, "Okay." He hung up the phone and counted to 30. Then he phoned the police again. "Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well you don’t have to worry about them now because I just shot them." and he hung up.

Within five minutes, Six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the Hewitson`s’ residence, and caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the Policemen said to the homeowner, "I thought you said that you’d shot them!"

The homeowner said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

RBP
12-08-2012, 03:22 AM
Good for the homeowner!

Muddy
12-08-2012, 03:25 AM
Ahhhh..Boo booo! It gonna be ok ! :empathy: