PDA

View Full Version : Governor signs Amendment 64, marijuana officially legal in Colorado

Muddy
12-10-2012, 08:19 PM
DENVER — Go ahead and bust out the Cheetos and Goldfish, Colorado. Marijuana is now legal in the Centennial State.

http://i.imgur.com/RkeUm.jpg

Just over a month after the citizens of Colorado voted in overwhelming favor of Amendment 64 to legalize marijuana for recreational use, Governor John Hickenlooper signed the Executive Order that makes an “official declaration of the vote.”

What does it mean?

“It formalizes the amendment as part of the state Constitution and makes legal the personal use, possession and limited home-growing of marijuana under Colorado law for adults 21 years of age and older,” the Governor’s office wrote in a press release.

That said, the release went on to say that that it is still illegal to buy or sell marijuana or to consume marijuana in public.

Confused? Don’t expect that feeling to become allayed anytime soon, the Governor’s office said.

Yes, using weed is still prohibited under federal law. But with the appointment of the Task Force on the Implementation of Amendment 64, also announced Monday, the Governor hopes that the rules about how marijuana regulation in Colorado will soon be established.

“Voters were loud and clear on Election Day,” Hickenlooper said. “We will begin working immediately with the General Assembly and state agencies to implement Amendment 64.”

The Task Force will be co-chaired by Jack Finlaw, the Governor’s Chief Legal Counsel, and Barbara Brohl, the Executive Director of the Colorado Department of Revenue. There will be 24 total members on the group.

According to the press release, issues that the task force will address include:

The need to amend current state and local laws regarding the possession, sale, distribution or transfer of marijuana and marijuana products to conform them to Amendment 64’s decriminalization provisions
The need for new regulations for such things as security requirements for marijuana establishments and for labeling requirements
Education regarding long-term health effects of marijuana use and harmful effects of marijuana use by those under the age of 18
The impact of Amendment 64 on employers and employees and the Colorado economy.

Just over a month after the citizens of Colorado voted in overwhelming favor of Amendment 64 to legalize marijuana for recreational use, Governor John Hickenlooper signed the Executive Order that makes an “official declaration of the vote.”

What does it mean?

“It formalizes the amendment as part of the state Constitution and makes legal the personal use, possession and limited home-growing of marijuana under Colorado law for adults 21 years of age and older,” the Governor’s office wrote in a press release.

That said, the release went on to say that that it is still illegal to buy or sell marijuana or to consume marijuana in public.

Confused? Don’t expect that feeling to become allayed anytime soon, the Governor’s office said.

Yes, using weed is still prohibited under federal law. But with the appointment of the Task Force on the Implementation of Amendment 64, also announced Monday, the Governor hopes that the rules about how marijuana regulation in Colorado will soon be established.

“Voters were loud and clear on Election Day,” Hickenlooper said. “We will begin working immediately with the General Assembly and state agencies to implement Amendment 64.”

The Task Force will be co-chaired by Jack Finlaw, the Governor’s Chief Legal Counsel, and Barbara Brohl, the Executive Director of the Colorado Department of Revenue. There will be 24 total members on the group.

According to the press release, issues that the task force will address include:

The need to amend current state and local laws regarding the possession, sale, distribution or transfer of marijuana and marijuana products to conform them to Amendment 64’s decriminalization provisions
The need for new regulations for such things as security requirements for marijuana establishments and for labeling requirements
Education regarding long-term health effects of marijuana use and harmful effects of marijuana use by those under the age of 18
The impact of Amendment 64 on employers and employees and the Colorado economy.

Hugh_Janus
12-10-2012, 08:19 PM
lance is gonna get fuckin mashed :dance:

Muddy
12-10-2012, 08:21 PM
I would consider smoking some wed if I could get a nice mellow blend.. Fuck that paranoia.. Aint' nobody got time for that!

redred
12-10-2012, 08:51 PM
i like the stop time stuff ,i had some a few years back and managed to lose myself for half a day ,didn't have a clue what happened

FBD
12-10-2012, 08:58 PM
I would consider smoking some wed if I could get a nice mellow blend.. Fuck that paranoia.. Aint' nobody got time for that!

drugs reveal what's beneath the surface :P

Hal-9000
12-10-2012, 09:01 PM
most weed doesn't even get my eyes red when others are trying to determine what the wallpaper is saying to them :lol:

I get the odd strain that makes me go - Whoa, I feel like I'm in grade 8 again :thumbsup:

Lambchop
12-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Take two joints of super lemon haze in the morning and we'll meet again in a week.

Dr. Bud

PorkChopSandwiches
12-10-2012, 09:53 PM
:moves:

Hugh_Janus
12-10-2012, 10:02 PM
isn't it already legal where you are, shitforbrains? :-k

PorkChopSandwiches
12-10-2012, 11:23 PM
For medical, not recreational

Hugh_Janus
12-10-2012, 11:26 PM
that's gay as fuck.... so what's wrong with you? :lol:

Muddy
12-11-2012, 12:01 AM

He has a headache a few times a year..

Lambchop
12-11-2012, 12:38 AM
You can get a prescription for writer's block.

I'm sure you could also get one for grumpy happy human syndrome.

Muddy
12-11-2012, 12:48 AM
You can get a prescription for writer's block.

I'm sure you could also get one for grumpy happy human syndrome.

Is that the syndrome you think I have?

Hugh_Janus
12-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Is that the syndrome you think I have?
you're not happy :slap:

Muddy
12-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Hmmm I dunno.. I'm happy... More like happy intense..

Hugh_Janus
12-11-2012, 01:03 AM
so you're a happy camper?

:coat:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-11-2012, 02:03 AM

Its a joke. I got my scrip on Skype :dance: as muddy said headaches

Godfather
12-11-2012, 02:25 AM
Pro-Tip of the day for Colorado. Bring an Orange. It quenches thirst and hunger when smoking up. It also makes your breath smell nice, and gets the weed smell off your fingers.

Hal-9000
12-11-2012, 02:45 AM
I'm gonna find Lance's new place and fire up some skunk in the garage :lol:

Godfather
12-11-2012, 03:07 AM
I'm gonna find Lance's new place and fire up some skunk in the garage :lol:

Do you read the guy's posts!? :lol: He'd pop a cap in your ass faster than you could say Scooby Doo

PorkChopSandwiches
12-11-2012, 04:45 AM
Pro-Tip of the day for Colorado. Bring an Orange. It quenches thirst and hunger when smoking up. It also makes your breath smell nice, and gets the weed smell off your fingers.

Or just wad it up and shove it up your ass, then nobody can smell it unless you fart

RBP
12-11-2012, 04:59 AM
Or just wad it up and shove it up your ass, then nobody can smell it unless you fart

lolwut?

Muddy
12-11-2012, 01:39 PM
:lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-11-2012, 04:34 PM
I forgot I wrote that

Acid Trip
12-11-2012, 04:40 PM
I can't wait to see what this does for hemp.

1 acre of hemp and 1 acre of forest = same amount of paper. Hemp can be regrown annually but forests take 20-100 years. The hemp paper is also more durable than tree paper.

Hemp oil can be made into biofuel for cars. Think ethanol but without cutting into the food supply to do it.

So many good things can come from this.

Muddy
12-11-2012, 04:42 PM
I can't wait to see what this does for hemp.

1 acre of hemp and 1 acre of forest = same amount of paper. Hemp can be regrown annually but forests take 20-100 years. The hemp paper is also more durable than tree paper.

Hemp oil can be made into biofuel for cars. Think ethanol but without cutting into the food supply to do it.

So many good things can come from this.

Isn't agricultural hemp already legal though?

Acid Trip
12-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Isn't agricultural hemp already legal though?

No, industrial hemp is still illegal to grow in the United States because hemp still has low levels of THC in it.

Muddy
12-11-2012, 04:49 PM
No, industrial hemp is still illegal to grow in the United States because hemp still has low levels of THC in it.

Porky smokes industrial hemp.. He gets it for a nickel an ounce.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-11-2012, 05:03 PM
I love smoking hemp, all the effects of smoking without getting high

Muddy
12-11-2012, 05:07 PM
I love smoking hemp, all the effects of smoking without getting high

:lol:

Hal-9000
12-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Do you read the guy's posts!? :lol: He'd pop a cap in your ass faster than you could say Scooby Doo

for committing a legal act?

:hand: no way Jose

Hal-9000
12-11-2012, 07:57 PM
I smoked some hemp clothing once....I think it was underwear

anyways, shitty taste and didn't stay lit

MrsM
12-11-2012, 08:08 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/xfvm6o.jpg