PDA

View Full Version : "Better Off On Benefits"

FBD
12-12-2012, 07:51 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-12-11/better-benefits

There is "no point" earning less in a minimum wage job is how Leanna Broderick - 20-year-old mother of two - justifies the benefits she claims adding that "she is better off on benefits" and would not get a job unless she could continue her luxury lifestyle, which includes designer outfits, holidays abroad, clubbing, lunches out and expensive gifts for her daughters Zelekah, two, and Zakirah, one. The UK's Daily Mail reports that Leanna saved GBP2,500 (~USD4,000) last year while living on GBP15,480 (~USD25,000) which she intends to spend on iPads and gold earrings for her kids - adding that "This way, taxpayers know I'm raising two well-brought-up kids." However, all is not rosy in Leanna's house as she fears next year may not be so lavish because of Government benefits cuts. "I'm not against the cuts, but only if the Government helps me find a job," she said, "In the meantime, I’ll stay on benefits and get as much as I can out of it."

Via The Daily Mail:

While many families are worrying about how to afford Christmas this year, one jobless single mother has revealed she receives so much in benefits she has £2,000 to spend on designer gifts, clothes and partying.

Mother-of-two Leanna Broderick plans to buy 20 presents for each of her children, including Burberry and Ralph Lauren outfits, iPads and gold jewellery.

The 20-year-old, who has never worked, claims nearly £15,500 a year in state handouts.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2012/12/20121211_benefits.png

She claims she is better off on benefits and would not get a job unless she could continue her luxury lifestyle, which includes designer outfits, holidays abroad, clubbing, lunches out and expensive gifts for her daughters Zelekah, two, and Zakirah, one.

‘Last year, I saved £2,500 and my kids had 50 presents each, including Burberry and Ralph Lauren clothes and dolls, DVDs and CDs.

‘This year, I’ve saved £2,000 and they’ll get 20 presents each, including iPads and a new Disney-themed bedroom to share, with designer wall art and bed linen,’ she said.

She is also buying gold earrings for Zelekah, who has pierced ears, and keeping £300 for the sales and £150 for a New Year’s Eve outing.

Miss Broderick, who left school at 16 with no GCSEs, said: ‘I don’t care if people get annoyed. I don’t take advantage, I just choose to save – it’s smart.’

She said there was ‘no point’ earning less in a minimum wage job and having to pay for childcare on top.

After becoming pregnant at 17 with her on-off 23-year-old boyfriend, Miss Broderick was allocated a temporary three-bed council house.

When Zelekah was eight months old she considered working in care, but then became pregnant again by the same man.

Now split from the girls’ father, she has a new two-bedroom council flat in Croydon, South London, with a garden, which is paid for by her £111 weekly housing benefit – part of £1,290 a month total claim.

She said: ‘I didn’t want to miss out on my kids’ childhoods or have someone else raise them. I’m not one of those girls who gets pregnant for the benefits.’

The money for Christmas comes from the £250 she saves each month, which she said shows she is ‘really responsible’.

She adds: ‘Anyone who thinks people on benefits don’t deserve nice things is talking rubbish. I work 24/7 as a mother.

‘This way, taxpayers know I’m raising two well-brought-up kids.’

But she admits Christmas might not be so lavish next year because of the Government’s benefit cuts.

‘I’m not against the cuts, but only if the Government helps me find a job,’ she said.

‘In the meantime, I’ll stay on benefits and get as much as I can out of it.’

The full feature appears in Closer Christmas issue, on sale now or go to www.closeronline.co.uk

Hal-9000
12-12-2012, 07:53 PM
that shit makes me sick...it's one thing to get hurt or sick and quite another to 'have never worked' and milk the system like that.....absolutely horrible

PorkChopSandwiches
12-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Nanny States FTW :cheers:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-12-2012, 08:00 PM
I think there needs to be more space between each sentence :-k

Hal-9000
12-12-2012, 08:01 PM
' I’m not one of those girls who gets pregnant for the benefits. '

yeah but you got knocked up at 17 (nice bit of maturity there) and started accepting benefits...for life it seems..all because you don't know how to practice birth control and can't keep your legs closed

Hugh_Janus
12-12-2012, 08:04 PM
that shit makes me sick...it's one thing to get hurt or sick and quite another to 'have never worked' and milk the system like that.....absolutely horrible

it is, but if I could get away with it, I'd do it.... as she says. what's the point? What would you do, stay at home all day looking after your kids and get to be with them for £15,500 pa or slog your guts out and only see your kids after you get home for work when you're tired for £10,000 pa?

Our benefits system needs a massive shake up. As far as I'm concerned, if you don't have a job, gou get enough money from the government to survive, not enough to be able to save £250 per fucking month for twatting christmas presents.... grips my fucking shit.

btw, I've been unemployed for a total of less than 3 weeks since I was sixteen and in those 3 weeks, all I was able to claim was £42.... cunts

PorkChopSandwiches
12-12-2012, 08:15 PM
I'll put a baby in you HJ

Acid Trip
12-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Lazy cunt.

RBP
12-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Lazy cunt.

Be nice to Porky! :x

PorkChopSandwiches
12-12-2012, 08:27 PM
:coat:

Hal-9000
12-12-2012, 09:28 PM
it is, but if I could get away with it, I'd do it.... as she says. what's the point? What would you do, stay at home all day looking after your kids and get to be with them for £15,500 pa or slog your guts out and only see your kids after you get home for work when you're tired for £10,000 pa?

Our benefits system needs a massive shake up. As far as I'm concerned, if you don't have a job, gou get enough money from the government to survive, not enough to be able to save £250 per fucking month for twatting christmas presents.... grips my fucking shit.

btw, I've been unemployed for a total of less than 3 weeks since I was sixteen and in those 3 weeks, all I was able to claim was £42.... cunts

I understand....but your first line is the underlying problem. People want to be on the tit right out of the gate and that's wrong. She got preggers at 17, that's not the State's or taxpayers fault. She should have to work two jobs and really find out what being a single mom is all about. I'm not belittling single moms in general because they have a tough road ahead of them....just this twat who thinks the gov owes them something because she pooped out 2 kids before she was 20 without an income or plan for the future.

Muddy
12-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Nanny States FTW :cheers:

We're no different dude.. :lol:

Lambchop
12-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Oh wow she saved a couple of grand. Multinational companies have extracted millions if not billions by funneling cash through tax havens. She should ask Starbucks or Amazon for employment since they have the money stashed away to create more jobs.

She is definitely wrong but until the government addresses the big dawgs, the little bitches won't want to play fair.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-12-2012, 11:15 PM
We're no different dude.. :lol:

I know especially CA

Muddy
12-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Oh wow she saved a couple of grand. Multinational companies have extracted millions if not billions by funneling cash through tax havens. She should ask Starbucks or Amazon for employment since they have the money stashed away to create more jobs.

She is definitely wrong but until the government addresses the big dawgs, the little bitches won't want to play fair.

At least the big dogs contribute something, like a product or service.. All this cunt is is a parasite... Living off the blood of others.. A complete waste of space. A liability we all can live without.

Lambchop
12-12-2012, 11:45 PM
What she has done is perfectly legal. The welfare bandits are allowed savings up to around ~ £10,000. The situation is just the same with the tax dodging companies; both parties have unnecessarily but legally taken money designated for government spending and stored it in personal accounts. However, because of the tax shortfall created by all of these companies not declaring their millions in profit, the government has to impose higher taxes on the average working class person and borrow from other countries.

Shaneequa and co. may have kept a couple of grand each but the legal theft is occurring on a much larger scale and has yet to be addressed.

Muddy
12-12-2012, 11:48 PM
She's still a drain on those of us that contribute. Legal or not. And if you multiple her x the millions that do it, it isn't insignificant..

Lambchop
12-13-2012, 12:00 AM
For sure. Everyone in the middle in the UK (i.e. working & paying taxes) is getting anally raped from both sides ; the people on benefits who are actually fit to work and the companies that want to benefit from the British economy without actually paying into the tax pot are taking turns to penetrate us.

Benefit system is being abused. Tax system is being abused. John Smith who drives to his minimum wage job is going to see his fuel price, road tax, income tax, etc., all rise as a result of the abuse.

Hugh_Janus
12-13-2012, 12:07 AM
For sure. Everyone in the middle in the UK (I.e. working & paying taxes) is getting anally raped from both sides ; the people on benefits who are actually fit to work and the companies that want to benefit from the British economy without actually paying into the tax pot are taking turns to penetrate us.

Benefit system is being abused. Tax system is being abused. John Smith who drives to his minimum wage job is going to see his fuel price, road tax, income tax, etc., all rise as a result of the abuse.
that's already raping me.... it costs me about £1300 to travel to and from work.... and that's just fuel

Muddy
12-13-2012, 12:29 AM
that's already raping me.... it costs me about £1300 to travel to and from work.... and that's just fuel

Holy carp!

KevinD
12-13-2012, 04:04 AM
If I had to go to my office Mon - Fri, it would cost me about $4,500 a year in fuel alone, figuring average economy of 20mpg, at average fuel cost of $3.00/gal.

RBP
12-13-2012, 04:06 AM
I wish it was $3 a gallon... hell I wish it was what it was when Obama took office. :|

KevinD
12-13-2012, 04:13 AM
It's been hovering from $3.00 to $3.50 around my place most of the year. And if I drive my truck, I only get about 17mpg. The car gets about 28mpg, and daughter's truck gets about 21mpg. The distance is 120 miles round trip.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-13-2012, 11:33 AM

Holy carp!

That's not am insane amount, I bet it's pretty close to average...I just did the math and I spend roughly $2600 on fuel just going back and forth to work...

Acid Trip
12-13-2012, 02:00 PM

A practice which is 100% legal. Care for some cheese?

FBD
12-13-2012, 02:14 PM
it took me an entire week to go from 111100 to 111111 on my odometer :dance:

fo real, at....just change the tax code and make 'em pay...if they keep any presence in the country, that is :lol:

Muddy
12-13-2012, 04:37 PM
That's not am insane amount, I bet it's pretty close to average...I just did the math and I spend roughly $2600 on fuel just going back and forth to work...

I thought he meant a month.. I spend about 65 bucks every 1.5 weeks.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-13-2012, 04:48 PM
I thought he meant a month.. I spend about 65 bucks every 1.5 weeks.

There's no way he could mean per month, could he? :-k

Muddy
12-13-2012, 04:51 PM

He probably drives a VW diesel that gets 85 mpg and is the size of a dog house.. So it cant be monthly.. I was out of my mind yesterday..

Lambchop
12-13-2012, 05:24 PM
A practice which is 100% legal. Care for some cheese?
The woman in this news article who saved her welfare money to buy iPads has done so legally too. The law is great, isn't it?

Acid Trip
12-13-2012, 05:45 PM
The woman in this news article who saved her welfare money to buy iPads has done so legally too. The law is great, isn't it?

I said she was a lazy cunt and that's spot on. You went off on the increasingly predictable tangent about multinational companies not paying enough taxes.

Lambchop
12-13-2012, 05:56 PM
I said she was a lazy cunt and that's spot on. You went off on the increasingly predictable tangent about multinational companies not paying enough taxes.
I just wanted to establish that you guys are critical of her and not the companies doing the same thing on a much larger scale.

FBD
12-13-2012, 06:40 PM
I understand the correlation, lamby - but these loopholes are to attract businesses to an already high tax climate. incentive to do business and pay taxes here.

the welfare, not so much. its incentivizing laziness, which is what the whole point of the article was about ;)

Hugh_Janus
12-13-2012, 09:33 PM
If I had to go to my office Mon - Fri, it would cost me about $4,500 a year in fuel alone, figuring average economy of 20mpg, at average fuel cost of $3.00/gal.
my car does between 55-60mpg on the trip to work and my other car which I used as a daily driver ~6 years ago did 20mpg if I was lucky and back then, that used to cost me over $5000 to drive back and forth to work

the thing is, my car gets at least double your mpg and my daily commute is probably half yours :lol:

if tfuel was as expensive 6 years ago as it is now, and I still worked where I did back then it would cost me about $600 per month in fuel

He probably drives a VW diesel that gets 85 mpg and is the size of a dog house.. So it cant be monthly.. I was out of my mind yesterday..
HAHA! I do!! :lol: Well, not strictly true, but I do drive a diesel VAG car :lol: