PDA

View Full Version : Nicolas Cage Arrested for Domestic Abuse

Teh One Who Knocks
04-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/olwpY.jpg

Nicolas Cage has quite a temper.

According to TMZ, the 47-year-old actor was arrested for one count of domestic abuse and one count of disturbing the peace on Saturday in New Orleans.

Sources claim the National Treasure star -- who wed cocktail waitress Alice Kim in 2004 -- was "very drunk" when a local cab driver witnessed them arguing in the street.

The driver, who then called the police, also claimed Cage pushed his wife. When officers arrived on the scene, the reportedly intoxicated actor asked, "Why don't you just arrest me?" Cage continued to dare the policemen, who then took him into custody.

The insider also adds that Kim is not a complaining witness and does not want her husband charged; she also says there was no physical contact.

This isn't the only time Cage has faced legal troubles: In 2009, the IRS alleged that the actor failed to pay over $6.2 million in federal income tax for the year 2007. That same year, Cage -- who welcomed son Kal-El in October 2005 with Kim -- sued his former money manager for $20 million, saying he was led "down a path of financial ruin," according to court documents.

Deepsepia
04-17-2011, 12:14 AM
you know, I kinda look like him, I also have absolutely no acting talent . . . we have a lot in common Nick Cage and me.

"Domestic abuse"?

I can see it now:

He made her watch his movies. . .

MrsM
04-17-2011, 02:07 AM
you know, I kinda look like him, I also have absolutely no acting talent . . . we have a lot in common Nick Cage and me.

"Domestic abuse"?

I can see it now:

He made her watch his movies. . .

:)

Southern Belle
04-17-2011, 02:30 AM
:lol: @ Deeps

Teh One Who Knocks
04-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Dog the Bounty Hunter Bails Nicolas Cage Out of the Slammer
by Brandi Fowler - E! Online

Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Chapman isn't just good for locking up the bad guys….he'll also bail out a friend in need. Literally.

The reality star posted Nicolas Cage's $11,000 bond, after the Knowing star was arrested on charges of domestic violence, disturbing the peace and public drunkenness Saturday morning in New Orleans, E! News has confirmed.

"Media from around the world have been requesting interviews with me today after reports surfaced about my posting a bond for actor Nicolas Cage in New Orleans," Chapman said in a statement to E! News. "I am a truly dedicated fan of Mr. Cage and will not be granting any interviews about my client as I wish to respect his privacy. I performed my duties as a bail bondsman and not in connection with our show. This is what I do for a living. There are two sides of my job: I release my clients after they have been arrested; and pick them up if they don't show up in court. I do not believe the latter will be the case for Mr. Cage."

Following Cage's bail-out, Dog's wife, Beth Chapman tweeted, "My guy just walked out of the jail damn new Orleans 8 hours holy cow that's a lot of time toProcess one guy."

samarchepas
04-17-2011, 04:35 PM
So he can't pay 11K$ himself???:huh: