View Full Version : 20 children, 6 adults killed at Conn. school shooting

FBD
12-14-2012, 04:32 PM
http://www.kltv.com/story/20345707/school-shooting-reported-in-newtown

Shooting reported at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown

By Steven Yablonski, Managing Editor - email

© The Newtown Bee © The Newtown Bee
NEWTOWN, CT (WFSB) -

Connecticut State Police said they were assisting Newtown police after a shooting was reported inside a Newtown school Friday morning.

The shooting was reported at Sandy Hook Elementary School around 9:41 a.m., according to Connecticut State Police. Few details have been released during this unfolding situation, but state police said this is one of the worst shootings emergency officials have seen in a long time.

According to the NewsTimes, the children inside the school have been evacuated to a nearby fire station

LIVE VIDEO: School shooting in Newtown

The Newtown Bee is reporting multiple police, ambulance and emergency crews are at the scene, and there are multiple reports of injuries being reported.

The superintendent's office said the district has locked down schools as a preventive measure to ensure safety of the students and staff. According to Newtown officials, afternoon kindergarten is canceled for Friday and there will be no midday bus runs.

According to sources, Yale-New Haven Hospital has activated emergency triage unit which responds to mass casualty incidents.

No other information was released
-------------------------------------

I simply dont understand, I mean it said GUN FREE ZONE on the front door, right? Why cant people just read the signs and OBEY???

redred
12-14-2012, 05:23 PM
wonder if there were more police road blocks thing like this could have been stopped

Lambchop
12-14-2012, 06:08 PM
27 dead - 18 children, 9 adults. Holy fuck.

Hal-9000
12-14-2012, 06:14 PM
27 dead - 18 children, 9 adults. Holy fuck.

that's horrible..

and the 'gun free' zone didn't kill these people, some fuckwad with a gun did

FBD
12-14-2012, 06:17 PM
sorry pal, the gun free zone provided a defense-free zone for some deranged asshole.

THE FIRST THING THAT STOPS THIS IS THE ARRIVAL OF A GOOD GUN. Were one onsite, this would be a different story.

Lambchop
12-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Edit: can't be a father to a 9-11 year old, he's only 18-20.

minz
12-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Why do they always target kids in school over there, so sad. :(

Lambchop
12-14-2012, 06:28 PM
I'm against guns but when this is happening they will have to increase their security. Metal detectors & a couple of trained shooters guarding the entrance would probably be better than arming every single teacher. The parents would probably all be willing to pay towards the cost.

minz
12-14-2012, 06:34 PM
It is the constitutional right of every Tom, Dick and psychopath to carry a gun so I guess it's going to happen.

FBD
12-14-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm against guns but when this is happening they will have to increase their security. Metal detectors & a couple of trained shooters guarding the entrance would probably be better than arming every single teacher. The parents would probably all be willing to pay towards the cost.

Let me know how that cost comparison works out!

PorkChopSandwiches
12-14-2012, 06:39 PM
It is the constitutional right of every Tom, Dick and psychopath to carry a gun so I guess it's going to happen.

:hand:

You cant get a license if you're a psychopath or a felon

FBD
12-14-2012, 06:43 PM
its mildly amusing and 100% predictable to see every single comment over at huffpo carp on about how we need to eliminate guns from the country and repeal the second amendment :roll:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-14-2012, 06:46 PM
:hills:

DemonGeminiX
12-14-2012, 06:55 PM
The shooter's probably one of those idiots that blames his shitty life on everybody else in the world and can't take responsibility for the shitty decisions that got him where he was and didn't wanna be. The coward should've just did CT and the rest of us a favor and killed himself when he got up this morning instead of leaving the house.

FBD
12-14-2012, 07:05 PM
...and this is coming right on the heels of new safety measures specifically designed to prevent this very thing!!!

Dear Members of our Sandy Hook Family,

Our district will be implementing a security system in all elementary schools as part of our ongoing efforts to ensure student safety. As usual, exterior doors will be locked during the day. Every visitor will be required to ring the doorbell at the front entrance and the office staff will use a visual monitoring system to allow entry. Visitors will still be required to report directly to the office and sign in. If our office staff does not recognize you, you will be required to show identification with a picture id. Please understand that with nearly 700 students and over 1000 parents representing 500 SHS families, most parents will be asked to show identification.

Doors will be locked at approximately 9:30 a.m. Any student arriving after that time must be walked into the building and signed in at the office. Before that time our regular drop-off procedures will be in place. I encourage all parents to have their children come to school and return home on the bus and to remain in school for the entire school day. The beginning and ending of our school day are also important instructional times and therefore we want all our students to reap the benefits of full participation in our program.

We need your help and cooperation for our system to work effectively. Our office staff is handling multiple tasks. Though they will work diligently to help you into the building as quickly as possible, there may be a short delay until someone can view you on the handset and allow you to come in electronically. There are times during the day when office personnel are on the telephone, addressing student concerns, or in the copy room; there are other times when only one person is in the front office. Please help our staff by identifying yourself and provide your child’s name.

Keep in mind we will be following our district guidelines which may need revision once we test the system.

Please know your involvement continues to be critical to our school’s effectiveness and your child’s success. We continue to encourage and value your presence in our classrooms and are counting on your cooperation with the implementation of this safety initiative.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Hochsprung

sorry lady, hokey religions and farcical non-safety measures are no match for a good blaster.

FBD
12-14-2012, 07:10 PM
looks like its already starting.

CBS news Update at 1325 hrs:

"Carney (white house spokesman)
stated that The president may be making some hard decisions in the
coming days about our 2nd Amendment right, and that some Americans may
not support his decision."

go ahead, O'fuckface, create a constitutional crisis. I DARE you....I fucking DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU, asshole!!

redred
12-14-2012, 07:15 PM
Our school doors are shut half hour after the school day start , it won't change jack shit in this case but won't cost anything to do in schools over there i'd like to think , maybe the 1st line of defense without the need of armed guards in every school

PorkChopSandwiches
12-14-2012, 07:17 PM

go ahead, O'fuckface, create a constitutional crisis. I DARE you....I fucking DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU, asshole!!
:facepalm:

Hal-9000
12-14-2012, 07:22 PM
sorry pal, the gun free zone provided a defense-free zone for some deranged asshole....

good point mon frere

FBD
12-14-2012, 07:33 PM
:facepalm:

It will give us (yet another) good reason to start the impeachment proceedings.

Acid Trip
12-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Edit: can't be a father to a 9-11 year old, he's only 18-20.

They are now reporting his age as 24.

Acid Trip
12-14-2012, 07:37 PM

I think I'll hit up the gun show this weekend and add to my stockpile. Hopefully I'll find the MP5 guy before he sells out again.

Lambchop
12-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Can I join you guys when you kill your president?

Hal-9000
12-14-2012, 07:46 PM
fundamentalists say that the devil will return in the form of a president who has five or six letters in his name...he will seem benevolent and helpful to mankind, when in reality he will bring about the beginning of the end of the world..

O..B..A..M..A :-k

Lambchop
12-14-2012, 07:47 PM
fundamentalists say that the devil will return in the form of a president who has five or six letters in his name...he will seem benevolent and helpful to mankind, when in reality he will bring about the beginning of the end of the world..

O..B..A..M..A :-k
Don't worry my friend. They've got MP5s.

Hal-9000
12-14-2012, 07:48 PM
I don't believe that... I was just seeing if I could get two thank you's from FBD in one thread :lol:

FBD
12-14-2012, 07:49 PM
You want THREE?!?!
-Dime

:dance:

Acid Trip
12-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Don't worry my friend. They've got MP5s.

They can't take a banned weapon away if I own it before the law goes into affect. I'm sure they'll try to ban "Assault weapons" again and the MP5 falls under that category.

Hal-9000
12-14-2012, 08:00 PM
thanks FBD :lol:

on a very serious note....deterrents do have their place when necessary. We can't arm every civilian and expect them to police non-policed areas...there has to be a better way to prevent these lunatics from getting access to weapons.

FBD
12-14-2012, 08:14 PM
with realistic discussion on the matter, more people will choose to arm themselves than not. but if people around you talk about how horrible guns are and teach you that only criminals own guns (like the progressives do, until they gain some sense of importance, then they arm themselves while still insisting you be disarmed)...then it would seem you'd be less likely to think that is a safe way to keep yourself protected and defended.

Lambchop
12-14-2012, 08:15 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2e18zz4.jpg

MP5 kinda seems futile against one of those... :-k

If we're talking about arming up and preparing for war.

RBP
12-14-2012, 08:16 PM
my god... what the fuck.

Acid Trip
12-14-2012, 08:20 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2e18zz4.jpg

MP5 kinda seems futile against one of those... :-k

If we're talking about arming up and preparing for war.

Not arming up and prepping for war, just buying before that arm is no longer legally available.

RBP
12-14-2012, 08:25 PM
I don't usually have much of a reaction to these things but jesus... 18 kindergarteners?

I don't even want to argue guns right now.

FBD
12-14-2012, 08:34 PM
looks like the kid was pissed at his parents, killed his dad somewhere, then went to the school and killed his mom and...however much of her class :(

Acid Trip
12-14-2012, 08:38 PM
looks like the kid was pissed at his parents, killed his dad somewhere, then went to the school and killed his mom and...however much of her class :(

Damn, that sucks. :(

FBD
12-14-2012, 08:47 PM
It makes ya wonder how utterly fkn babied the kid was growing up :roll:

Lambchop
12-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Big O is on teh case!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3tYW6P3bY8

Loser
12-14-2012, 09:33 PM
I don't usually have much of a reaction to these things but jesus... 18 kindergarteners?

This.

I've said all along they needed tighter gun control laws.

I don't understand why they had no security at that school. With what happened at columbine, it was pretty much federal mandate that all schools have some form of security measures in place.

I just don't understand.

Acid Trip
12-14-2012, 09:34 PM
This.

I don't understand why they had no security at that school. With what happened at columbine, it was pretty much federal mandate that all schools have some form of security measures in place.

I just don't understand.

They had brand new security measures at the school and they didn't work. Whoever buzzed him in must have known his mom was a teacher there and let him in. How could you possibly stop that?

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2012, 09:37 PM
I have edited the thread title because I personally found it completely disrespectful to the people killed during this tragedy. 20 kids ffs.....

Anyone has a problem with that can take it up with me....and you aren't going to win.

Loser
12-14-2012, 09:37 PM
They had brand new security measures at the school and they didn't work. Whoever buzzed him in must have known his mom was a teacher there and let him in. How could you possibly stop that?

When I went to high school, almost 12 years ago, if you weren't in the school, you weren't getting in. Flat out. They had metal detectors, and armed police at the main entrance on the inside.

12 years ago...

Acid Trip
12-14-2012, 09:41 PM
When I went to high school, almost 12 years ago, if you weren't in the school, you weren't getting in. Flat out. They had metal detectors, and armed police at the main entrance on the inside.

12 years ago...

My High School was like that too but it was because of students bringing shit to school. I have never seen an elementary school with metal detectors, ever.

Leefro
12-14-2012, 11:05 PM
I am not going to post my opinions on guns

RIP those that died

MrsM
12-14-2012, 11:45 PM

I am not going to post my opinions on guns

RIP those that died

This ^^

I'm sure there will be lots of gun control threads soon enough that we all can all debate in

:rip:

Muddy
12-14-2012, 11:52 PM
I fucking hang my head in disgust for what "civilized" society has become capable of..

Lambchop
12-15-2012, 01:15 AM
Latest is that he was mentally disabled and stole his mother's guns. I wonder how/if the older brother ties into this.

Nemowork Pt2
12-15-2012, 01:26 AM

I think its the other way round, killed his mother then went on a rampage that included destroying her life by attacking the school she worked at and the kids she taught. His father is alive in New Jersey. Sounds like the elder brother got screwed over, Adam the shooter was carrying his brothers ID so when he died it was reported Ryan was dead which got surreal with Ryan posting on facebook that he was alive and not the shooter up till the point the FBI arrested him.
WHY he had his brothers ID is anybodies guess unless it was for buying beer.

It makes ya wonder how utterly fkn babied the kid was growing up :roll:

Depends, from the sound of it he has autism/behavioral problems.

This.

I just don't understand.

Gun security is as much about stopping the kids bringing weapons to school and hurting each other in random teen disputes. Nobody thinks 6 year olds will have guns on them. Then normal people don't think anybody would want to attack a kindergarten, its a high quality school in a decent area, people dont want to think about something like that happening. The Principal seems to have used her brain and put in security but it restricts access, it stops strangers trying to get in and abuse the kids or parents in a custody dispute removing them not an armed assault.
The shooter not only seems to have known the school he was heavily armed, he overwhelmed the door and broke in. If he hadnt gone in through the door he could as easily have smashed a window, the chances are whoever was manning it isnt around to ask any more.

Loser
12-15-2012, 01:26 AM
I'm only going to piss people off by posting, so I'm going to skip this subject completely.

Sad tragedy, but it's more sad that politics have gotten involved already.

Let people grieve for fucks sake.

KevinD
12-15-2012, 02:24 AM
Wow. I just heard about this this morning when I woke up. Unbelievable.

Godfather
12-15-2012, 02:26 AM
:( Shocking news today. This is probably the most gut wrenching North American news article of the year. How horrible.

Goofy
12-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Saw this on the news last night when i was at the pub after work......... the inevitable gun debate started which i'm not gonna start talking about here - i know most of you Americans want to continue to be allowed to possess guns so there's no point arguing.

RIP all 26, none of you deserved this :|

Noilly Pratt
12-15-2012, 03:58 PM
I talked a little with my 10 year old daughter about this...a difficult conversation. How does one ease their daughter into the real world where Dad and Mum can't protect them 24/7 and unless schools want to resemble fortresses, neither can the school system?

I won't mention guns much here either, except to say that if we fortify then we become our enemy. Catching the mentally ill before they act is the best way.

If we stopped underfunding and closing down Institutions and Hospitals that can help with rehabilitation and such, these 2% or so of people who do these acts would dwindle down to near zero levels.

Not wanting to debate this...just an opinion.

FBD
12-15-2012, 04:00 PM
I have edited the thread title because I personally found it completely disrespectful to the people killed during this tragedy. 20 kids ffs.....

Anyone has a problem with that can take it up with me....and you aren't going to win.

I dont even recall what the original title was, not that I thought it was disrespectful or had any intention of such. The new title is appropriate.

Regardless of people's thoughts on gun control, disarming the entire unites states is simply not an option. You do what you must to make sure guns are secure and not in the hands of those not responsible enough to wield them. But outside of that, the simple fact is that gun free zones are defense free zones and every single multiple death shooting, the ONLY thing that stops the madness is a good guy showing up with a gun.

Harsh, but basically true:
http://angrywhitedude.com/wp-content/uploads2/2012/12/121512_0739_GunSpreeZon1.png

So are you going to deal with it realistically, or are you going to call for solutions only viable in a fantasy land where the facts on the ground are far different than what reality is?

Looks like the kid shot out the window to get in to the school, so much for the buzzer.

FBD
12-15-2012, 06:16 PM
good zh article that includes a bunch of stats.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-12-15/newtown-shooter-had-asperger-syndrome-and-some-us-gun-facts

and a look at how progressive politics have kept crazies free to roam

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/12/liberal-policies-are-to-blame-for-todays-mass-shooting-in-newtown-ct/

and now I'm shutting my laptop because I cant stand to look at this shti any longer :(

redred
12-15-2012, 06:20 PM
was it his gun? does anyone know

Leefro
12-15-2012, 06:30 PM
was it his gun? does anyone know

His mothers I think

redred
12-15-2012, 06:36 PM
did she die?

redred
12-15-2012, 06:39 PM
His mother had legally registered three weapons. His father two

if thats the case ,maybe they should be charged with something ,they have handed the murder weapons to the killer

Leefro
12-15-2012, 06:41 PM
did she die?

Yes

He shot her

redred
12-15-2012, 06:42 PM
well they'd have a problem charging her then

Southern Belle
12-15-2012, 07:54 PM
This just leaves me speechless.

Richard Cranium
12-15-2012, 08:41 PM
The Sandy Hook area of Newtown has been my families hometown for many generations.
You can see the school and firehouse from my grandmothers backyard.

I haven't heard of any family related details, no kids near that age range that I am aware of. Pretty sure my mom is friends with a few of the teachers.

Unfucking real.

Godfather
12-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Wow RC, that's unbelievable. Can't get this off my mind, as I'm sure the rest of your country and mine feels. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

It's enough to put you in tears thinking about all the unopened presents under Christmas trees in Newton...

Lambchop
12-16-2012, 03:31 AM
The mother took her mentally ill son to shooting ranges and taught him how to use a gun ffs

Godfather
12-16-2012, 06:03 AM
That's fucked. That's like teaching an alcoholic to drive isn't it...

KevinD
12-16-2012, 06:59 AM
Well, there are many stages of Asperger's I have it and so does my youngest daughter.

redred
12-16-2012, 11:36 AM
MORGAN FREEMAN ON THE SHOOTINGS YESTERDAY:

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations*, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem."

FBD
12-16-2012, 04:34 PM

I'm honestly surprised at his response. :tup:

KevinD
12-16-2012, 04:38 PM
So was I. I had thought he was a liberal anti gun guy. This, if he actually said it, makes mucho sense, and I agree.

redred
12-16-2012, 04:45 PM
it was something thats going around on facebook ,i read it and it made a lot of sense to me so thought i'd post it here and see if you guys thought the same

Iffy
12-16-2012, 04:46 PM

So was I. I had thought he was a liberal anti gun guy. This, if he actually said it, makes mucho sense, and I agree.

Simple explanation...He's old enough and smart enough to understand the problem.

KevinD
12-16-2012, 05:08 PM
it was something thats going around on facebook ,i read it and it made a lot of sense to me so thought i'd post it here and see if you guys thought the same

I saw it there too, and nowhere else legitimate. Not saying he didn't say this, but from other things I know he has actually said, just doesn't sound like him.

redred
12-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Charlotte Bacon, 6
Daniel Barden, 7
Rachel Davino, 29
Olivia Engel, 6
Josephine Gay, 7
Ana Marquez-Greene, 6
Dawn Hochsprung, 47
Dylan Hockley, 6
Madeleine Hsu, 6
Catherine Hubbard, 6
Chase Kowalski, 7
Jesse Lewis, 6
James Mattioli, 6
Grace McDonnell, 7
Anne Marie Murphy, 52
Emilie Parker, 6
Jack Pinto, 6
Noah Pozner, 6
Caroline Previdi, 6
Jessica Rekos, 6
Avielle Richman, 6
Lauren Russo, 30
Mary Sherlach, 56
Victoria Soto,27
Benjamin Wheeler, 6
Allison Wyatt, 6

heart breaking seeing the ages of those children ,my little girl will be 6 in a few weeks time hopefully she'll have many more birthdays those poor children won't

minz
12-16-2012, 06:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6vQEn.jpg

Godfather
12-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Well, there are many stages of Asperger's I have it and so does my youngest daughter.

Nobody is saying it's his asperger's that caused this and not some form of mental illness I hope.

Lambchop
12-16-2012, 07:07 PM
His brother said he had a personality disorder and that makes sense because the mental health experts are saying that there is no link between Asperger's and violence.

Leefro
12-16-2012, 07:18 PM
I thought he was autistic

Godfather
12-16-2012, 07:24 PM
I thought he was autistic

Asperger is basically a term for mild autism, it's in the same spectrum. Some want to phase the term 'Asperger' out and just call it a degree of autism. Either way, like Lambchop said, it's not linked to violence. I've got a cousin who has Asperger syndrome and he's just about as likely to be violent because of that as he is because of his color blindness...

The news won't shut the fuck up about gun control, politics, video games and on social media even atheism, causing this shooting. As far as I'm concerned, access to mental care is the biggest issue :wha: That's just my two cents... but it feels inappropriate to point fingers right now.

Hal-9000
12-16-2012, 07:32 PM
from Morgan Freeman's quote "....but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? "

Liberal anti gun guy or not, he makes a valid point that we all should recognize. I'm a liberal anti gun guy, we all feel the horror and senselessness of the act regardless of gun control beliefs.

Hal-9000
12-16-2012, 08:17 PM
I still don't believe in the idea of having civilians armed but just once I'd like to hear that during a mass shooting like this, some civilian has the presence of mind and the wherewithal to draw his weapon and stop one of these piece of shit maniacs, reducing the death toll.I'm not talking about a one on one liquor store robbery where the proprietor shoots the crook, I'm talking about the restaurant/school/movie theater/mall rampages.

Godfather
12-16-2012, 08:23 PM
I still don't believe in the idea of having civilians armed but just once I'd like to hear that during a mass shooting like this, some civilian has the presence of mind and the wherewithal to draw his weapon and stop one of these piece of shit maniacs, reducing the death toll.I'm not talking about a one on one liquor store robbery where the proprietor shoots the crook, I'm talking about the restaurant/school/movie theater/mall rampages.

A guy with a concealed carry permit almost got the guy in the recent Oregon mall shooting, but didn't take the shot because it was clean.

Side note, both that shooting and this one involved stolen weapons in areas with high levels of gun control.

Hal-9000
12-16-2012, 08:26 PM
I read an account of Columbine...minute by minute. The author makes such a strong point and I'm paraphrasing " By the time we realized what was actually happening, 4 people were lying in pools of blood. We thought it was a joke at first..."

:(

Teh One Who Knocks
12-16-2012, 09:16 PM

Simple explanation...He's old enough and smart enough to understand the problem.

I saw it there too, and nowhere else legitimate. Not saying he didn't say this, but from other things I know he has actually said, just doesn't sound like him.

He didn't say it....

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20121216/FEAT/121216011/Morgan-Freeman-denies-statement-about-Newtown-shooting-spokesman-says?nclick_check=1

redred
12-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Fair enough :tup: still makes a lot of sense

Acid Trip
12-17-2012, 02:46 PM

All of the recent mass shootings have occurred in gun free zones. Hard for a law abiding citizen to pull their weapon when they are not allowed to carry it in that area.

FBD
12-17-2012, 03:09 PM

Well, if we had an objective media whose primary interest was journalism and not political activism, then you'd have seen all of these :

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2012/12/mass-killings-stopped-by-armed-citizens.html

and you'd have heard of the other shooting that was stopped that same day...but of course since a gun was used in a defensively appropriate manner, it doesnt fit the narrative so it is hushed up and not reported on.

RIP Journalism. Blogs are the last bastion of objective journalism. Some of them, anyway.

FBD
12-17-2012, 03:11 PM
and boy if we didnt all see this coming...

"“In the coming weeks, I will use whatever power this office holds…”

fuck you, president fuckface.

Southern Belle
12-17-2012, 03:14 PM
I caught that too.

Acid Trip
12-18-2012, 05:51 PM
An interesting fact on an article related to the shooting:

"John Lott, who conducted a study on mass shootings in 1999 spoke with John Fund after the Newtown school shooting and pointed out the following, "With just one single exception, the attack on congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson in 2011, every public shooting since at least 1950 in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed has taken place where citizens are not allowed to carry guns."

Leefro
12-18-2012, 06:04 PM
An interesting fact on an article related to the shooting:

"John Lott, who conducted a study on mass shootings in 1999 spoke with John Fund after the Newtown school shooting and pointed out the following, "With just one single exception, the attack on congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson in 2011, every public shooting since at least 1950 in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed has taken place where citizens are not allowed to carry guns."

I do not get this at all

PorkChopSandwiches
12-18-2012, 06:07 PM
It means these things happen where normal people are not allowed to be armed, because its a "no gun zone" and we all know criminals always follow the law

Leefro
12-18-2012, 06:08 PM
It was a kids school

Lambchop
12-21-2012, 01:37 PM
:-k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKWgCRBR5qE

:-k