PDA

View Full Version : Parents Say Christmas Carols are Form of Bullying

Teh One Who Knocks
12-18-2012, 11:39 AM
By Todd Starnes - FOX News

A group of parents in Missoula, Mont. are upset over the religious nature of Christmas songs performed at a local elementary school – alleging the songs about the Baby Jesus is unconstitutional and a “form of bullying.”

The parents, who declined to be identified, are threatening to sue the Missoula County Public School District unless songs like “Joy to the World” and “Good Christian Men Rejoice” are replaced with secular tunes.

“Bullying is such a hot topic, yet that seems to be what is occurring here,” the parents wrote in a letter obtained by The Missoulian. “When the children are singing about the lord and savior Jesus Christ – public school is not the place.”

The complaint came from parents who have children attending Chief Charlo Elementary School. A number of students are Jewish, Buddhist, and Muslim.

They said they have no problem with Frosty the Snowman or Santa Claus – but the real reason for the Christmas season has no place in school concerts, they argued.

“One of the largest complaints last year was the young children singing about “their Lord,” they wrote.

Superintendent Alex Apostle told The Missoulian that he takes separation of church and state issues seriously.

“These are difficult waters sometimes, and I think we are moving forward in a respectful way,” he told the newspaper. “We as a school system, want our children to enjoy the holiday season. In the process, we are obviously respectful of the beliefs and cultures of all children and their families.

Goofy
12-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Muppets :roll:

minz
12-18-2012, 12:20 PM
I agree with His goffyness above. :tup:

Acid Trip
12-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Superintendent Alex Apostle told The Missoulian that he takes separation of church and state issues seriously.

Would someone please show me where the words "separation of church and state" is found in the Constitution?

perrhaps
12-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Would someone please show me where the words "separation of church and state" is found in the Constitution?

You ,sir, along with FBD, are in dire need of sensitivity training.

Acid Trip
12-18-2012, 03:09 PM
You ,sir, along with FBD, are in dire need of sensitivity training.

http://i.imgur.com/KCmQr.jpg

Muddy
12-18-2012, 04:43 PM
They are secular songs.. Just sing Jingle bells or something and quit trying to stir the pot.. Wanna sing Christmas songs, or Hanukkah songs, or do some Kwanzaa beat boxing ? Do it at home or at your particular church or whatever you subscribe to. I'm so sick of all this fuckin' whining from the atheists AND the religious groups..

PorkChopSandwiches
12-18-2012, 06:02 PM
I agree Muddy, leave the religious songs for church

Teh One Who Knocks
12-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Yes, because singing Silent Night makes people want to run away and join a Christian cult or something :roll:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Thats not the point, the point is there are other religions out there, and these teachers feel the need to force their christian beliefs on people. Stick to the Santa clause songs, whats the harm in that? Everyone wins

RBP
12-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Or everyone could lighten the fuck up, because it's CHRISTMAS.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Or everyone could lighten the fuck up, because it's CHRISTMAS.

^^^ This X 1,000,000

Acid Trip
12-18-2012, 06:24 PM
If a Republican doesn't like a Christmas song they don't sing it.

If a Democrat/Atheist doesn't like a Christmas song they try to ban everyone from singing it.

Hal-9000
12-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Christians can't help that carols were religion based when they were written.....People who feel that there's an agenda behind Silent Night for example, are obviously weak minded and unsure of their own beliefs...or disbeliefs in this case.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-18-2012, 06:30 PM
:rofl:

minz
12-18-2012, 06:35 PM
I may be wrong but ins't the initial concept of christmas a religious festival?

Teh One Who Knocks
12-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Here comes Santa Claus,
Here comes Santa Claus,
Right down Santa Claus Lane,
He'll come around when chimes ring out,
It's Christmas time again.

Peace on earth will come to all,
If we just follow the light,
So let's give thanks to the Lord above
'Cause Santa Claus comes tonight.

We better ban Here Comes Santa Claus too :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-18-2012, 06:36 PM

No, it's a time when the moron atheists come out of the woodwork to complain about how they are being oppressed :hand:

Hal-9000
12-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Imma get the Westboro Baptists to picket all Christmas carols! :x

wait...that would be like dividing by zero, nvm

:coat:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-18-2012, 06:41 PM
No, it's a time when the moron atheists come out of the woodwork to complain about how they are being oppressed :hand:

:lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-18-2012, 06:43 PM

A Pagen religious festival (winter solstice) that was taken by christians (which they claim was Jesus' birth, but wasnt) to try to get the Pagens to follow the christian faith

minz
12-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Just for the record I don't have any interest in religion myself but I'm more than happy to hear Christmas carols, to me it's all part of the festivities. :dunno: I just don't understand what the problem is.

Hal-9000
12-18-2012, 06:46 PM
A Pagen religious festival (winter solstice) that was taken by christians (which they claim was Jesus' birth, but wasnt) to try to get the Pagens to follow the christian faith

this is true....even erecting an Xmas tree was a Pagan belief a long time before the Christians adopted it....borrowed it....stole it....whatever

Hal-9000
12-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Just for the record I don't have any interest in religion myself but I'm more than happy to hear Christmas carols, to me it's all part of the festivities. :dunno: I just don't understand what the problem is.

this.....so much :thumbsup:

Muddy
12-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Im not particularly religious myself.. I do share this with Minz, though..

Just for the record I don't have any interest in religion myself but I'm more than happy to hear Christmas carols, to me it's all part of the festivities.

I can however understand why non-Christians may not want their kids singing about religious figures in school, especially when it may not be their religion. But that's just me, and I am rational.

Hal-9000
12-18-2012, 06:52 PM
doesn't matter the song when the carolers appear at my door...I greet them nude every year and they barely get a syllable out before moving on :thumbsup:

Muddy
12-18-2012, 06:53 PM
:wank:

Hal-9000
12-18-2012, 07:32 PM
PORKY!

You got a CHRISTmas tree in your house...wtf gives man??? :x

your kidlets should be putting gifts under the ol CEMENT BLOCK this time of year :lol:

RBP
12-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Im not particularly religious myself.. I do share this with Minz, though..

I can however understand why non-Christians may not want their kids singing about religious figures in school, especially when it may not be their religion. But that's just me, and I am rational.

since when? :P

PorkChopSandwiches
12-18-2012, 07:34 PM
PORKY!

You got a CHRISTmas tree in your house...wtf gives man??? :x

your kidlets should be putting gifts under the ol CEMENT BLOCK this time of year :lol:

I celebrate festivus with my tree.

Hal-9000
12-18-2012, 07:37 PM
I celebrate festivus with my tree.

Oh that's right your parents were witches that lived on a commune in space...correct?

just joshing man...I really feel that our differences are the things that make me totally right, and you wrong in life :lol: I celebrate them

PorkChopSandwiches
12-18-2012, 07:39 PM
You funny, I KNOW I'm always right

minz
12-18-2012, 07:39 PM

PorkChopSandwiches
12-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Oh that's right your parents were witches that lived on a commune in space...correct?

just joshing man...I really feel that our differences are the things that make me totally right, and you wrong in life :lol: I celebrate them

The funny thing is i was raised in christian schools and church every sunday, which allowed me to get a deep understanding for the bullshit that it is ;)

Hal-9000
12-18-2012, 07:42 PM
The funny thing is i was raised in christian schools and church every sunday, which allowed me to get a deep understanding for the bullshit that it is ;)

and I the exact opposite :rofl:

I remember arguing with a pastor at a Catholic wedding about how Wicca and earth energy were waaaaay more powerful than the story of Jesus and Mary

:lol: I think he was gearing up to tell me to fuck off near the end of the convo...

Muddy
12-18-2012, 09:48 PM
since when? :P

I am rational. I listen to others opinions and consider them.. Doesn't mean it changes mine, but I'm usually always open to discuss.

Southern Belle
12-19-2012, 03:19 AM
Best thread ever.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-19-2012, 04:32 AM