PDA

View Full Version : Caught on Camera: Dashcam catches 14 illegal immigrants jump from SUV

Teh One Who Knocks
12-27-2012, 12:09 PM
CNN Wire Report

http://i.imgur.com/5eb4j.jpg

Canadian County, OK - A mad dash from a deputy begins during a traffic stop. This red SUV headed eastbound on I-40 when it was stopped by Sergeant Cody Palmer.

"It was following a semi-way too close."

The Canadian County Sheriff Deputy asks the driver to step out of the vehicle.

"Asked him for his license and insurance, explained the reason for the stop and he provided me with a Mexico license."

The deputy then questions the driver in his patrol car.

"He informed me that he had been in Amarillo, Texas, working for about a month and that he's a roofer and that everybody in the car with him was either friends or family."

Suspicious of the story, the deputy calls for immigration agents but then the doors of the SUV fly open and person after person jump out and run in all directions.

One man falls from the SUV as others dart across the busy interstate. In all 3 women and 11 men run from the vehicle and then the driver tries to escape from the deputies car.

"I thought there was only maybe 6 or 7 people in the vehicle...I couldn't fathom that they had gotten that many people in that car."

KOCO's Sky 5 flew overhead as deputies searched for the immigrants.

"They ran through farm land, creeks and around houses and everything else trying to get away from us."

All but one was found. Some were as far as three miles away. It's the first time Sergeant Palmer he's seen something like this in Canadian, but he does not expect it to be the last.

"It's slowly moving north. It's literally knocking on our back door."

All of the immigrants are from Mexico. The driver of the car was arrested and is facing 13 counts of human trafficking. All of the others were handed over to Homeland Security and are expected to be deported.