PDA

View Full Version : Cigars, Wine, Beer ....

golfer
02-06-2011, 03:36 AM
Ok for the record i love them all... but my favorites are Cigars and Wine.

I enjoy talking about it all and learning new stuff and bull-shitting about it as well... As i have said at a different spot wanted to make a thread that i actually gave a rats ass about and yes this would be it

So if you are Smoking or Drinking would love to hear about and learn about it if you care enough to share

golfer
02-06-2011, 03:39 AM
So tonight i am drinking a Bordeaux wine paired earlier with a Romeo & Julieta, then a Nub Habano and now im thinking a MonteCristo Brown label

DemonGeminiX
02-06-2011, 03:44 AM
My Dad gave me a Romeo & Julieta in a tube tin once. I think I still have it around here somewhere.

Cactus
02-06-2011, 03:52 AM
I am brewing my own beer right now. My cousin got me a Mr. Beer Kit for christmas. RIght now brewing a High Country Canadian Draft. It is in the carbonation phase right now. It will be ready to drink next weekend, but I am going to condition it for two additional weeks.

DemonGeminiX
02-06-2011, 03:54 AM
I am brewing my own beer right now. My cousin got me a Mr. Beer Kit for christmas. RIght now brewing a High Country Canadian Draft. It is in the carbonation phase right now. It will be ready to drink next weekend, but I am going to condition it for two additional weeks.

That's so cool, I always wanted to try that.

Cactus
02-06-2011, 03:59 AM
The basic kit is only $40. I got the deluxe kit which came with two standard malt extracts for standard recipes. THis is batch one. After the second batch, I have already started to look at a little more complex recipe to try.

DemonGeminiX
02-06-2011, 04:01 AM
Let us know how that turns out.

:tup:

golfer
02-06-2011, 04:03 AM
My Dad gave me a Romeo & Julieta in a tube tin once. I think I still have it around here somewhere.

Great it is probably all dried out and un-smokable lol Gotta keep those things at a proper humidity... Lol my fucking humidor is acting up right now $%#@&^ ..... Love when they come in the tubes :)

Dr. Girlfriend
02-06-2011, 04:13 AM
I don't drink and I don't smoke either. Am I boring or what? I think cigars look pretty neat when guys are smoking them though.

golfer
02-06-2011, 04:20 AM
I don't drink and I don't smoke either. Am I boring or what? I think cigars look pretty neat when guys are smoking them though.

Nope but why dont you drink? Smoking i can understand that... i had never smoked a cigarette and then i just started smoking cigars lol

DemonGeminiX
02-06-2011, 04:21 AM

Goody two, goody two, goody goody two shoes

Don't drink, don't smoke - What do you do?
Subtle innuendos follow
There must be something inside!

:dance:

Cactus
02-06-2011, 04:22 AM
Let us know how that turns out.

:tup:

I will DGX. I haven't had any alochol while its brewing. It takes six weeks, so no matter how bad or plain it is it will taste great to me.

golfer
02-06-2011, 04:25 AM
lol so true so true indeed

Godfather
02-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Romeo and Juliet cigar was the first one I ever tried :mrgreen: My friend's older brother got us a bunch when we were 16 or something because someone's parents were out of town and we wanted a legit poker night :lol:

It was great, only one guy puked :P I shit you not he turned pea green...

golfer
02-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Romeo and Juliet cigar was the first one I ever tried :mrgreen: My friend's older brother got us a bunch when we were 16 or something because someone's parents were out of town and we wanted a legit poker night :lol:

It was great, only one guy puked :P I shit you not he turned pea green...
Now do you have pics because i would like to see pea green... LOL at least you smoked something decent the first time...

Dr. Girlfriend
02-06-2011, 05:44 PM

Subtle innuendos follow
There must be something inside!

:dance:

:lol: Wasn't that Adam Ant? I remember my father used to play that song a lot.

Dr. Girlfriend
02-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Nope but why dont you drink? Smoking i can understand that... i had never smoked a cigarette and then i just started smoking cigars lol

I've had a drink or two. But I never really liked it. I got tipsy real quick :lol: and tired too. I'm happy with a Pepsi or a grape soda. I don't think I got any funnier or friendlier when I had a drink. I'm boring sober and boring tipsy! :pale:

golfer
02-06-2011, 08:10 PM
I've had a drink or two. But I never really liked it. I got tipsy real quick :lol: and tired too. I'm happy with a Pepsi or a grape soda. I don't think I got any funnier or friendlier when I had a drink. I'm boring sober and boring tipsy! :pale:

I just enjoy a nice glass of wine especially when i smoke. I would say im more of a casual drinker i definitely don't drink to get drunk ever... Well its super bowl sunday hopefully the game is good otherwise i will be outside with a cigar and a glass of wine.

Godfather
02-06-2011, 08:23 PM
My family has been making wine for decades... we go and buy the grapes from out in Abostford where they've come in from the Okanogan or Fraser Valley. We get them de-stemmed but from there it's all us!

We go right through crushing them, making the first run, adding all the good stuff for the second run, bottling it.... it's been my dad and uncles doing it for years and years. We make a few hundred bottles in my grandmother's cellar every year. It's a great time. Just an awesome excuse to get the entire family together a bunch of times a year and eat great food and drink wine! And then we have some really impressive wine all year! My dad still has some bottles they made in the early 90's.

I like to give bottles to friends and most are pretty hesitant at first because 'home-made wine' to most is some evil concoction made in a bathtub :lol: But it's actually great stuff.

This year they did a cab and a bit of zinfandel :thumbsup:

Cactus
02-06-2011, 08:26 PM
My family has been making wine for decades... we go and buy the grapes from out in Abostford where they've come in from the Okanogan or Fraser Valley. We get them de-stemmed but from there it's all us!

We go right through crushing them, making the first run, adding all the good stuff for the second run, bottling it.... it's been my dad and uncles doing it for years and years. We make a few hundred bottles in my grandmother's cellar every year. It's a great time. Just an awesome excuse to get the entire family together a bunch of times a year and eat great food and drink wine! And then we have some really impressive wine all year! My dad still has some bottles they made in the early 90's.

I like to give bottles to friends and most are pretty hesitant at first because 'home-made wine' to most is some evil concoction made in a bathtub :lol: But it's actually great stuff.

That is pretty awesome Godfather....what do they you use as a fermenter?

golfer
02-06-2011, 08:45 PM

Yeah i have a neighbor who does something similar and i even a bottle of red Zin he did this last year im letting it sit a little longer but its in the glass not the barrel anymore so it wont gain any more flavor but it will help the taste :) But that is pretty cool if im ever in the neighborhood i will have to stop bye and trade you a bottle of something i have for a bottle of your homemade stuff.

golfer
02-07-2011, 03:24 AM
smoking a VS maduro with a glass of port and coffee after watching one of the better Super Bowls in a long time ... and the Steelers lost so im even more happy :D

golfer
02-08-2011, 10:06 PM
tonight a tatiana cherry flavored... yeah i know... but hey its good

golfer
02-11-2011, 05:20 AM
tonight was wine pick-up night... so i drank a wine called crowded from Weins Cellars and paired it with a Padron cigar and a markers mark cigar ... it was a fun evening with my gf and another friend :)

fricnjay
02-12-2011, 12:10 AM
I actually have 2 Romeo & Julieta Cuban habanos at the moment But I have a box of Antanio 1977s that I love. I had one last night with a glass of Ardmore Scotch.

golfer
02-13-2011, 02:05 AM
I actually have 2 Romeo & Julieta Cuban habanos at the moment But I have a box of Antanio 1977s that I love. I had one last night with a glass of Ardmore Scotch.

I always want to try the cuban varieties of all the different cigars... but you know how the US is and i dont have a reliable source to try and get them in lol... but i figure eventually i will get to try them all... but as for tonight its a brown label montecristo with a glass of california Pinot Noir and a cup of coffee

FJ how do the Antanio 1977 compare to say a romeo & Julieta non-cuban??

golfer
02-15-2011, 12:02 AM
i want to smoke again just to lazy to do anything about it :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-15-2011, 12:16 AM
I wanna recommend one of my favorite local beers :)

http://i.imgur.com/Uyy2T.jpg

If it's available in your area, I highly recommend giving it a try. I really like it :thumbsup:

golfer
02-15-2011, 12:25 AM
I will look at bevmo but i have no clue if they carry it ...

golfer
02-15-2011, 12:27 AM
Have you ever tried Firestone Double Barrel Ale? Its one of my favorites

Teh One Who Knocks
02-15-2011, 12:30 AM
I don't think I've ever heard of that one :-k

Cactus
02-15-2011, 12:47 AM
Have you ever tried Firestone Double Barrel Ale? Its one of my favorites

:thumbsup: Very good stuff right there. Being from this part of California also a fan of Sierra Nevada.

Just moved my first batch into the fridge from the cooling stage. May try some this weekend.

fricnjay
02-15-2011, 07:50 PM
I always want to try the cuban varieties of all the different cigars... but you know how the US is and i dont have a reliable source to try and get them in lol... but i figure eventually i will get to try them all... but as for tonight its a brown label montecristo with a glass of california Pinot Noir and a cup of coffee

FJ how do the Antanio 1977 compare to say a romeo & Julieta non-cuban??

The Antanio is one of my favorites. I dont smoke Romeo & Julietas. The only reason I have these is my cousin is in the military and brought them back from over seas. Romeo & Julietas are to mild for my taste. I prefer a full bodied cigar. My absolute favorite is probable the La Flor Cabinet #5 or #6, if you can find them. Any of the La Flor Double Ligero cigars are great though. Typically thats all I smoke now, La Flor and Antanios.

golfer
02-15-2011, 09:48 PM
The Antanio is one of my favorites. I dont smoke Romeo & Julietas. The only reason I have these is my cousin is in the military and brought them back from over seas. Romeo & Julietas are to mild for my taste. I prefer a full bodied cigar. My absolute favorite is probable the La Flor Cabinet #5 or #6, if you can find them. Any of the La Flor Double Ligero cigars are great though. Typically thats all I smoke now, La Flor and Antanios.

Ah i see... i like medium bodied cigars... don't get me wrong i will smoke a big full bodied cigar but usually im just smoking and drinking a glass of wine and dont want my cigar to over power my wine :lol:
Just smoked the new romeo and julieta habano cigar it was really good... But my humidor as of lately has been filled with Padron's.. Romeo & julieta's.. brown label montecristo's.. Oliva V series... & then a whole bunch of samplers... Have you ever tried the Nub cigars?

Cactus
02-19-2011, 07:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YcFlq.jpg
So the beer was officially ready last weekend and I gave a taste. It wasn't bad. I have a mild sweetness to it at the first sip and no bitter aftertaste. It did not have that full of a favor. The longer I 'condition' the beer the more favor, it is builds. I am going to let some sit for couple of weeks and hopefully I get a better fuller taste to it.

DemonGeminiX
02-19-2011, 08:02 PM
:thumbsup:

That looks awesome.

golfer
02-20-2011, 07:54 PM
congrats...

ItsBlondie
02-21-2011, 02:53 AM
You forgot women and song...

fricnjay
02-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Ah i see... i like medium bodied cigars... don't get me wrong i will smoke a big full bodied cigar but usually im just smoking and drinking a glass of wine and dont want my cigar to over power my wine :lol:
Just smoked the new romeo and julieta habano cigar it was really good... But my humidor as of lately has been filled with Padron's.. Romeo & julieta's.. brown label montecristo's.. Oliva V series... & then a whole bunch of samplers... Have you ever tried the Nub cigars?

I have had a few of the Nub blends. There OK, more of a novelty cigar in my opinion. Not really a big fan of anything Oliva has made except for the Cain. Over the weekend I bought a bottle of Laphroaig 10yo Scotch and I bought 2 of the new La Flor LTD cigars. I was very exited to get them for they are the first cigars La Flor has made that has been filled with nothing but tobacco grown on their farms. They were good but honestly was a bit disappointed. I still preferred the Double Ligaro Chiselito. I also had an Excalibur Black Night last night and really enjoyed it.

Sapphire
02-23-2011, 10:44 PM
White Merlot and a Marlboro light...

Does that count? :dunno:

golfer
02-26-2011, 07:14 AM
White Merlot and a Marlboro light...

Does that count? :dunno:
don't see why not... did you enjoy it ? thats the main goal

As for me... had a busy week of smoking and drinking ... lol Had a great bottle of Brunello wine from Banfi on monday with a nice steak.. and of course a cigar to wash it all down...
then tonight was a another cigar and coffee...

Griffin
02-27-2011, 01:39 AM

I juststarted a batch of this, http://www.makebeer.net/item.asp?idProduct=10&idCategory=104&idSubCategory=0

Cactus
02-27-2011, 02:57 AM
Nice Grif. Let me know how it turns out

Griffin
02-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Nice Grif. Let me know how it turns out

The Coopers kits are almost fool proof. I've made their IPA, Draught, Canadian Blonde, and European Lager. All turned out most excellent.

golfer
02-28-2011, 02:58 AM
so what all is involved to making your own beers? are the kits full kits or do you need other stuff as well?

too bad i dont know how to roll cigars probably could save myself some money lol

Griffin
02-28-2011, 03:40 AM
This is what I started with. http://www.homebrewers.com/c=W57o5zQXVlOXpW3mdySwlRbsM/product/1000/Beer-Making-Starter-Kit-with-Ingredients.html
All you have to add is water and bottles (which are reusable). After that every 5 gallon batch cost about $30.00 worth of ingredients.

The basic equipment can be used to make wine also. After I bottle the beer I have fermenting, I'm going to make this wine. Pomegranate Wildberry Zinfandel (http://www.rjspagnols.com/en/brands/Orchard+Breezin%27.aspx)

fricnjay
02-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Tried a new cigar last night. Its called the Diesel Unlimited. Pretty good smoke and went well with my scotch.

golfer
03-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Tried a new cigar last night. Its called the Diesel Unlimited. Pretty good smoke and went well with my scotch.

i looked it up... sounded nice i have not seen it local may have to look else where...

fricnjay
03-04-2011, 11:10 PM
I actually have a pretty nice selection at the moment. My box is pretty much full. I have a box of those Diesels, a box of Onyx Reserves, 6 La Flor Cabinet #5s and a few various other things. :thumbsup:

golfer
03-05-2011, 06:19 AM
I actually have a pretty nice selection at the moment. My box is pretty much full. I have a box of those Diesels, a box of Onyx Reserves, 6 La Flor Cabinet #5s and a few various other things. :thumbsup:

im gonna order another sampler pack and some more oliva V series then look around for some new things to smoke

fricnjay
03-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Do you order from Cigars International?

golfer
03-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Do you order from Cigars International?

no i have not but trust me i am looking at them.... kinda tired of Thompson's bs i have looked at CI just never ordered... any thoughts?

golfer
03-12-2011, 06:02 AM
a new night... a Padron and a glass of chardonnay from a local winery :)

fricnjay
03-31-2011, 05:15 PM
no i have not but trust me i am looking at them.... kinda tired of Thompson's bs i have looked at CI just never ordered... any thoughts?

I order all my boxes from CI. Good prices good selection and good service. :thumbsup:

Joya de Nicaragu have just issued a new cigar thats is a similar blend as the Antonio 1970 but half the price. Its called the Fuerte Series B. I can not wait to order a box. :dance:

golfer
04-03-2011, 11:15 PM
I order all my boxes from CI. Good prices good selection and good service. :thumbsup:

Joya de Nicaragu have just issued a new cigar thats is a similar blend as the Antonio 1970 but half the price. Its called the Fuerte Series B. I can not wait to order a box. :dance:

well i need to order soon... so definitely have to look into some of the cigars you have mentioned. Looking forward to smoking tonight... been sick finally starting to get well time to smoke lol

fricnjay
04-04-2011, 07:25 PM
I had a LaFlor Cabinet #6 and a Chiselito last night. Very nice. :thumbsup:

golfer
04-11-2011, 04:02 AM
A Romeo & Julieta Reserve :tup:

fricnjay
04-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Joya de Nicaragua makes one of my favorite cigars called the Antonio 1970 and now they have a new cigar called the Fuerte Serie B. It uses the same wrapper as the Antanio but a different blend of long fillers. Of what I understand it is a mix of blends from the Antanio the Celebration. I smoked 2 the day I got them and from the initial puff it was bold and full bodied like the Antanio. After getting an inch or so into it it became very complex with hints of buttery espresso, walnut, spicy pepper, earthy notes a bitter spicy finish. Its not quit the Antanio but at less than half the price of a box of Antanios this is a great everyday smoke. :thumbsup:

Acid Trip
04-15-2011, 02:44 PM
I usually smoke weed out of cigars but if it has to be a straight cigar I prefer Macanudos and Punch.

Crown Royal + Macanudo = Little piece of Heaven

golfer
04-21-2011, 08:47 AM
new batch of cigars on its way delivering friday from CI cant wait to try the diesel...

golfer
04-24-2011, 07:16 AM
Just got done smoking the Diesel cigar, probably one of the best smokes in a maduro wrapper ever... full bodied and lots of different favors as i smoked thru it... :tup: It is definitely going on the list of cigars to keep in stock at all times, now im thinking its time for the Punch

Cactus
05-01-2011, 11:46 PM
nice day outside so I have been in the backyard sipping on this

Nor’easter
2 ounces Bourbon
1 ounce Regatta Ginger Beer
1/2 a lime
.5 ounce maple syrup

redred
05-01-2011, 11:54 PM

Nor’easter
2 ounces Bourbon
1/2 a lime
.5 ounce maple syrup
that sounds a nice mis :tup:

golfer
05-07-2011, 02:30 AM

Nor’easter
2 ounces Bourbon
1/2 a lime
.5 ounce maple syrup

That surprisingly sounds good... dont have any of the ingredients to make it but yeah...

Cactus
05-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Oh I forget to say how you make it

Shake bourbon, lime juice and maple syrup with ice. Sprain into a rocks/whisky glass and top with the ginger beer

golfer
06-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Well this thread needs to be front and center again... Maybe even a name change is due... But since my last post i cant even count the number of cigars ive smoked but let me tell you have found a few that have made the list of new favorites, one being the Diesel cigar and another being the Siglo... as for wine haven't been drinking it as much but its summer now so im sure we will start drinking more... And as for the beer back to the old standards hefeweizen as well as Guinness....

Cactus
06-19-2011, 10:49 PM
you are right summer is here and so has outdoor drinking season. Yesterday, a good of friends and I laid by and in a pool drinking Tecates. We went out and shifted to Sam Adams.

I also completed my second batch of beer. Its an American Red. I am letting it condition and should be ready to taste next week.

SmoothBob
06-20-2011, 12:04 AM
I love wheat beers, particularly belgian, in fact a lot o belgian beers. Like a few o the scottish ale's but absolutley no frikin chance tennants. I know im in a bit o a minority wi the wheat beers but a real cold hoeggarden on a summers day is the nuts. Only thing better is a well poured gin n tonic, THE best drink pretty much ANY time! Bombay Saphire, very nice ! Theres a real tastey scottish gin, Hendricks its called, and its quality!

Dont drink much other spirits, just the odd wee malt now and then..

SmoothBob
06-20-2011, 12:12 AM
Shit, how could i have forgot, Tequila! :mrgreen:

fricnjay
06-22-2011, 10:59 PM
I had me a La Flor #6 last night. Mmmmmmm BEST CIGAR EVER! :dance:

golfer
06-23-2011, 04:21 PM
you are right summer is here and so has outdoor drinking season. Yesterday, a good of friends and I laid by and in a pool drinking Tecates. We went out and shifted to Sam Adams.

I also completed my second batch of beer. Its an American Red. I am letting it condition and should be ready to taste next week.

when its done i will be over to pick up my 6-pack :tup:

golfer
08-27-2011, 06:51 AM
Well just smoked a 1961 rocky patel with a sam adams octoberfest... both were good and the cigar was milder than i expected...

Cactus
08-29-2011, 12:53 AM
I am a big fan of the Sam Adams Octoberfest

golfer
08-29-2011, 04:10 AM
I am a big fan of the Sam Adams Octoberfest

i know right... im loving the costco 24 pack... working my way thru them slowly... haven't found one that i dont like yet...

Cactus
08-29-2011, 05:04 AM
Is that the variety pack? I got a one during the summer and I did not like the Rustic Saison and there was another one I didn't like. Can't remember though

golfer
09-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Is that the variety pack? I got a one during the summer and I did not like the Rustic Saison and there was another one I didn't like. Can't remember though

yes but this is the harvest collection and it has the octoberfest in it...

Acid Trip
09-01-2011, 06:08 PM
My buddy had a couple Macanudo Baron De Rothschild's that we smoked with some cognac last night. Is it me or do cigars make liquor taste better?

golfer
09-01-2011, 06:22 PM
well i always think so...

DemonGeminiX
04-18-2014, 08:31 AM
2 and a half years gone, man...

Has anyone ever tried a 'session IPA'?

:-k

redred
04-18-2014, 12:11 PM
What a nice steady all day drinker ?

DemonGeminiX
04-18-2014, 12:28 PM
I think so. It has an ABV between 4 and 4.5%.

FBD
04-18-2014, 12:33 PM
I want to say I've tried that, but I really cant recall :lol:

Had a few Dogfish 60 minutes last night. Some tasty stuff. Oh, and a couple shots of fireball.

FBD
06-02-2014, 01:04 PM
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg114/joeblast/IMAG0917_zpsc32b3c64.jpg

had to try these just on general principle!

had the yin one yesterday, but I didnt realize it was 10% when I bought it, so that means I didnt get to the yang one :lol: yin was deep dark smokey, smooth while sippin but an interesting bite on the aftertaste. needed a side of water for it :lol: