PDA

View Full Version : Petition Requests Medal Of Freedom For Webster Firefighters

Richard Cranium
01-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Washington - An online petition is gaining momentum to award a national honor for the four West Webster firefighters injured or killed during an ambush on Christmas Eve.

The White House petition requests Medals of Freedom be awarded to Mike Chiapperini, Tomasz Kaczowka, Joe Hofstetter and Ted Scardino.

Chiapperini and Kaczowka were killed when a gunman opened fire as they rushed to put out a fire on Lake Rd. in Webster last week.

The petition needs 25,000 signatures by January 27th to be considered by the Obama administration.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/award-medal-freedom-4-firefighters-who-were-ambushed-west-webster-new-york-christmas-eve-2012/nppN54ZN

redred
01-02-2013, 03:15 PM
signed up and signed for you RC ,didn't know if i could coming from the UK but you can so it shouldn't stop the rest of the members from over here signing up :tup:

Acid Trip
01-02-2013, 03:38 PM
I understand why the petition was made (make something positive from something negative) but I don't the Medal of Freedom is the appropriate reward.

The fire fighters of 911 were given a Medal of Valor instead of a Medal of Freedom for a reason.

Richard Cranium
01-03-2013, 05:40 AM
I believe you AT but I dont have the energy to think about it now.. Somebody smarter than me will sort it out.

14,396 as of 1230 Eastern...

RBP
01-03-2013, 06:08 AM
I believe you AT but I dont have the energy to think about it now.. Somebody smarter than me will sort it out.

14,396 as of 1230 Eastern...

What is 14,396... total of all donations? oh... signatures...

RBP
01-03-2013, 06:18 AM
yeah, they brains can figure that out. I am generally opposed to whitehouse petitions - always struck me as another way for the government to gather data, but I decided to create an account for this one. Signed.