PDA

View Full Version : NFL Divisional Game - Seattle @ Atlanta (SETTLED)

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Seattle (12-5) at Atlanta (13-3)

When: 1 p.m. ET Sunday on FOX

Reviewing Round 1: The praise Seattle should receive for its impressive 24-14 comeback road win over Washington will be overshadowed by fallout from the Griffin-Shanahan situation. Historically a poor road team, the Seahawks weathered a 14-0 deficit and third-quarter Marshawn Lynch fumble at the goal line by running off four unanswered scores. Seattle’s Russell Wilson is now the last rookie quarterback standing after Griffin and Indianapolis’ Andrew Luck were bounced out of the playoffs Sunday.

Last meeting: The Falcons toppled the Seahawks on the road, 30-28, in Week 4 of the 2011 season. Both teams have made so many significant personnel and scheme changes since then, that there isn’t too much to be culled from that matchup. For example, Tarvaris Jackson was Seattle’s starting quarterback at the time. He spent 2012 as a reserve for the Buffalo Bills.

Seahawks player to watch: Cornerback Richard Sherman. Sherman loves to run his mouth. Falcons wide receivers Roddy White and Julio Jones have the talent to shut it. Sherman, though, is at the top of his game as an emerging shutdown defender.

Falcons player to watch: Quarterback Matt Ryan. A lack of big plays in the passing game is a major reason for Ryan’s 0-3 all-time playoff record. He failed to exceed 200 yards in those losses against the New York Giants (2011), Green Bay (2010) and Arizona (2008). In comparison, Ryan averaged a career-best 294.9 yards during the 2012 regular season. The Falcons need that production to continue with the offense having shifted away from the run-first approach once led by Michael Turner.

Summary: The better team in the trenches will likely win this game. Seattle’s rushing offense is red hot with Lynch and Wilson combining for 199 yards and one touchdown against Washington. The Falcons surrendered the fourth-highest average per rush at 4.8 yards during the regular season. Atlanta did a nice job protecting Ryan by surrendering only 28 sacks. The Seahawks have two potent pass-rushing ends in Chris Clemons and rookie Bruce Irvin but the former may have suffered a serious knee injury against the Redskins. One huge factor will be how Seattle handles the travel rigors of playing a second straight East Coast playoff game, especially with the early Sunday kickoff.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2013, 02:12 PM
The moneyline was used to set the odds for this game.

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2013, 07:22 PM
I dunno about this one.

:-k

FBD
01-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Its going to depend heavily on how much pressure seattle gets on ryan

Lambchop
01-08-2013, 08:03 PM
I know nothing about the NFL, betting odds or vCash.

Bet placed.

Muddy
01-08-2013, 08:06 PM
The QB for Seattle is born and raised in Richmond.. I have to back them..

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2013, 08:37 PM
The QB for Seattle is born and raised in Richmond.. I have to back them..

:-s

After they beat up on your beloved Skins?

Muddy
01-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Im not going to cry over a legitimate win..

DemonGeminiX
01-09-2013, 01:21 AM
Ha! My current vcash total is 1337. I'm 1337!

:P

RBP
01-09-2013, 01:38 AM
Atlanta

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Atlanta

I honestly think Atlanta is overrated and has been playing above their level all season. Seattle's defense should bring them back down to earth this weekend.