PDA

View Full Version : Planned Parenthood reports record number of abortions

Acid Trip
01-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Twenty 1st graders are murdered and it's a national tragedy that sparks a gun control discussion. Planned Parenthood aborts 333,964 in the same year and nobody blinks an eye. We don't take life seriously in this country.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/planned-parenthood-reports-record-year-for-abortions/article/2517801#.UOs82UbCz8A

In its latest annual report for fiscal year 2011 to 2012, Planned Parenthood reveals that it performed 333,964 abortions in 2011 – a record year for the organization.

According to annual reports, the organization performed 332,278 abortions in 2009, 329,445 in 2010, making the total number of abortions in three years to 995,687.

Planned Parenthood reported receiving a record $542 million in taxpayer funding, according to a Susan B. Anthony List analysis of the report, in the form of government grants, contracts, and Medicaid reimbursements. The amount is 45 percent of Planned Parenthood’s annual revenue.

“While government subsidies to Planned Parenthood have reached an all time high, so too has the number of lives ended by this profit-driven abortion business,” SBA List’s President Marjorie Dannenfelser said in a statement. “Destroying nearly one million children in three years is not health care and does not reflect a concern for vulnerable women and girls.”

Contraceptive services at Planned Parenthood have dropped by 12 percent since 2009, and cancer screening & prevention services have dropped by 29 percent.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/planned-parenthood-reports-record-year-for-abortions/article/2517801#.UOs82UbCz8A

RBP
01-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Why are they taxpayer funded again?

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2013, 05:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yT1hm.png

RBP
01-08-2013, 05:32 PM
You're ok with the tax funding also?

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2013, 05:35 PM
You're ok with the tax funding also?

Look at the budget, the amount of money given to PP is miniscule compared to other things in the budget. Trying to make this a HUGE campaign issue was yet another reason why the republicans lost the election in all phases.

MrsM
It depends on how you define life?

Also to bring $ into it - of those aborted pregnancies - how many would be born to a parent that didn't want them that could leading to abuse (cost tax payers money) - how many would be born into a family that couldn't afford them (again more tax dollars) - How many would have been born with a birth defect or other issue? (again more tax money).

Muddy
We have a population explosion that is out of control.. Whilst I would never want to see someone necessarily aborted. Given our over population crisis, I reluctantly understand the necessity of the service.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2013, 05:36 PM

Also to bring $ into it - of those aborted pregnancies - how many would be born to a parent that didn't want them that could leading to abuse (cost tax payers money) - how many would be born into a family that couldn't afford them (again more tax dollars) - How many would have been born with a birth defect or other issue? (again more tax money).

:+1:

We have a population explosion that is out of control.. Whilst I would never want to see someone necessarily aborted. Given our over population crisis, I reluctantly understand the necessity of the service.

:+1:

Loser
01-08-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm going to look at this from a purely financial point of view, and ignore the entire religous aspect of it.

For three years, if I had to choose between giving planned parenthood 1.5 billion in funding, or adding 1 million more mouths to feed to the welfare budget...

Guess which one I'd choose ;)

Lambchop
01-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Who will fund the lives of the 7 babies a teen gangbanger has if they can't abort?

RBP
01-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Wait now we're using government money to control population? that's what this is? What are we, China?

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Wait now we're using government money to control population? that's what this is? What are we, China?

:-s

Pretty sure we aren't forcing people to get abortions here :roll:

Acid Trip
01-08-2013, 06:02 PM

Well, an egg is alive the moment it becomes fertilized and implants in the uterus. From that point on the egg cells are dividing and creating the baby. Dead cells do not multiply. If you aren't dead you are alive.

Seems pretty straight forward to me :shrug:

RBP
01-08-2013, 06:02 PM

Pretty sure we aren't forcing people to get abortions here :roll:

The argument was made that we need to pay to cull the unborn... what's the difference?

Loser
01-08-2013, 06:04 PM

Well, they are trying to force employers to offer morning after pills in their health care coverage.

Would effectively kill planned parenthood.

FBD
01-08-2013, 08:56 PM
http://maddmedic.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/murder.jpg?w=600

Muddy
01-08-2013, 09:05 PM
http://maddmedic.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/murder.jpg?w=600

I don't.

Pony
01-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Why are they taxpayer funded again?

For the most part it's to supply birth control to those that can't afford it in an attempt to reduce the amount of unwanted children and abortions.

Muddy
01-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Every sprem is a missed opportunity for a child to be born. We must outlaw masturdbation.

minz
01-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Every sprem is a missed opportunity for a child to be born. We must outlaw masturdbation.

:shock: You lot on here would be stuffed. :lol:

RBP
01-08-2013, 09:16 PM
For the most part it's to supply birth control to those that can't afford it in an attempt to reduce the amount of unwanted children and abortions.

But the article in the OP says those programs have been reduced while abortion services have increased?

Meh.

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2013, 09:24 PM

There you go with that turd thing again.

Oh and...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk

Pony
01-08-2013, 09:36 PM
But the article in the OP says those programs have been reduced while abortion services have increased?

Meh.

Likely due to cuts in funding.

Pony
01-08-2013, 09:37 PM
:shock: You lot on here would be stuffed. :lol:

:lwank: Breakin the law!

RBP
01-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Likely due to cuts in funding.

They have a billion dollar budget!

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2013, 10:12 PM
I still have yet to grasp the reasoning people use to feel the need to stick their nose into other people's private business and how it affects them one way or the other.

Hugh_Janus
01-08-2013, 10:18 PM
I still have yet to grasp the reasoning people use to feel the need to stick their nose into other people's private business and how it affects them one way or the other.

because if they didn't, they'd have nothing to do :hand:

Richard Cranium
01-08-2013, 10:28 PM
Abortions tickle...

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2013, 10:35 PM
:lwank: Breakin the law!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyxLGSMtqtM

RBP
01-08-2013, 10:59 PM

We stick our noses into everyone's business all the time; they are called laws and community standards. You post lots of articles about child abuse as an example.

It's also not private when they get $500 Million in public funding.

Muddy
01-08-2013, 11:26 PM

We stick our noses into everyone's business all the time; they are called laws and community standards. You post lots of articles about child abuse as an example.

You said it was a billion a few posts back.. Which is it?

RBP
01-08-2013, 11:33 PM
You said it was a billion a few posts back.. Which is it?

it's both

from the OP:

Planned Parenthood reported receiving a record $542 million in taxpayer funding, according to a Susan B. Anthony List analysis of the report, in the form of government grants, contracts, and Medicaid reimbursements. The amount is 45 percent of Planned Parenthood’s annual revenue.

$542 million public money is 45% of their revenue, so their total revenue is $1.2 billion using those numbers.

Southern Belle
01-08-2013, 11:33 PM
The point is that the same people who are raising hell about gun control because all the little children got killed think it's ok to rip them out of the womb and throw them in the trash. Can anybody spell H Y P O C R I T E ?

Maybe when they get old and it COSTS too much to support them, it will be ok to just let them die.

Muddy
01-08-2013, 11:35 PM
You know, a lot of what planned parent hood does is prevention.. Like education programs and birth control for lower income/ college kids..

RBP
01-08-2013, 11:39 PM
You know, a lot of what planned parent hood does is prevention.. Like education programs and birth control for lower income/ college kids..

Every government program has people who like it and support it.

Muddy
01-08-2013, 11:48 PM
Every government program has people who like it and support it.

You dont like preventing unwanted pregnancy?

RBP
01-09-2013, 12:03 AM
You don't like preventing unwanted pregnancy?

:roll:

make a decent argument at least...

Muddy
01-09-2013, 12:40 AM
:roll:

make a decent argument at least...

I was thinking the same thing about your post..:razz:

Lambchop
01-09-2013, 12:45 AM
I'm wondering if they have figured out a way to speed up the process from organic material => petroleum.

330,000 foetuses could provide quite a bit of energy. srs

RBP
01-09-2013, 12:54 AM
I was thinking the same thing about your post..:razz:

I have been getting pissed off lately that nobody wants to cut ANYTHING.

We can't afford all this!

I am sure someone could argue for every program that it does SOME good.

Where do we start drawing lines?

And frankly I find the argument that we should pay for planned parenthood as population control and as an investment against future welfare payments abhorrent.

Muddy
01-09-2013, 01:06 AM
Lets cut entitlements then... Whats unemployment run these days? 5 years?

RBP
01-09-2013, 01:17 AM
You mean those poor hurting people who are victims of the Bush economy? You'd just cut them off?

Muddy
01-09-2013, 01:18 AM
You mean those poor hurting people who are victims of the Bush economy? You'd just cut them off?

They are victims of entitlement abuse..

RBP
01-09-2013, 01:20 AM
That's a very unpopular notion, not that I disagree, but it is... like I said, everybody wants everything. It's out of hand.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2013, 11:50 AM

Sorry, didn't realize they had outlawed abortion recently :oops:

Oh, wait :roll:

FBD
01-09-2013, 12:28 PM
waaaaaaaaaaaaah, I'm so used to sucking off the government tit and dont know how to forage for my own food any longer! [-(

FBD
01-09-2013, 01:47 PM
92% of planned "parenthood"'s clients last year received abortions.

I think its well about time we recognized that this is merely a taxpayer funded abortion factory.

Muddy
01-09-2013, 01:58 PM
92% of planned "parenthood"'s clients last year received abortions.

I think its well about time we recognized that this is merely a taxpayer funded abortion factory.

You should move into a cave in the mountains.

FBD
01-09-2013, 02:04 PM
It'd be much more peaceful, that's for damn sure!

Muddy
01-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Bad thing is you would still get taxed on it.. :mrgreen:

FBD
01-09-2013, 02:10 PM
lol...if I ever go live off the land, I wont have a job and no fkn way will I be paying "taxes"

Muddy
01-09-2013, 02:12 PM
lol...if I ever go live off the land, I wont have a job and no fkn way will I be paying "taxes"

It'll be somebody elses land then..

RBP
01-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Sorry, didn't realize they had outlawed abortion recently :oops:

Oh, wait :roll:

Who said anything about outlawing abortion? But it's ludicrous to say it's a private matter when the taxpayers are on the hook for the expense.

So STFU and give me your money is now how we make decisions? Brilliant!

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Who said anything about outlawing abortion? But it's ludicrous to say it's a private matter when the taxpayers are on the hook for the expense.

So STFU and give me your money is now how we make decisions? Brilliant!

Yes, because every fucking dime of the federal funds received by PP is used for abortions :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2013, 02:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZO7rj.jpg

But let's not let facts get in the way of a good nonsensical argument :rolleyes:

Muddy
01-09-2013, 02:44 PM
When I was 20 years old, my then wife went to planned parenthood for reduced price pap smears and birth control. I was making $3.75 an hour and she was making $4.25 an hour. It was nice having that assistance. Without it she may not have been able to afford going to a doctor. Guess what.. Never had an abortion there.. Im not even sure they do abortions there in my town.

RBP
01-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Yes, because every fucking dime of the federal funds received by PP is used for abortions :tup:

Again, never said that - but feel free to keep making shit up. :tup:

FBD posted 92% are abortion clients. I don't know how accurate that is, but regardless, they'd be high on my list for cuts.

FBD
01-09-2013, 02:49 PM

But let's not let facts get in the way of a good nonsensical argument :rolleyes:

let's not have selective picking of data negate other selective pickings of data :lol: this appears to be by money spent - what I posted was people going there for services, did they get one or not. not did they get std test along with their abortion, think about how often that happens.

RBP
01-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Factcheck.org agrees with Lance and says that federal funds can't be used for abortion services.

Which is confusing since a lot of it comes from medicare?

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Again, never said that - but feel free to keep making shit up. :tup:

FBD posted 92% are abortion clients. I don't know how accurate that is, but regardless, they'd be high on my list for cuts.

Didn't realize he was privy to all the patient records at PP, I stand corrected :bow:

I'm done in here, you guys feel free to keep "making shit up" to support your position :tup:

Glad to see you all are so morally superior to everyone else :)

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Factcheck.org agrees with Lance and says that federal funds can't be used for abortion services.

Which is confusing since a lot of it comes from medicare?

What was that you say? I was correct? Whoda thunk that I actually did the research instead of quoting some sensationalist propaganda news story :doh:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2013, 02:53 PM
And now I'm out.

RBP
01-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Didn't realize he was privy to all the patient records at PP, I stand corrected :bow:

I'm done in here, you guys feel free to keep "making shit up" to support your position :tup:

Glad to see you all are so morally superior to everyone else :)

Happy 12th birthday! :tup:

FBD
01-09-2013, 02:56 PM
who's making shit up? we're presenting stats from different angles. if you want to say that 92% is wrong based on money doled out for this or that in aggregate, then you're ignoring the view, not somehow getting around it.

yeah, "federal funds cant be used for abortions" but the accounting is so fuzzy, you really think that's honestly followed? the pic lance put up is easily evidenced - "see, we spend over half our budget on these other things, so that % that actually goes to abortions, well, we keep those funds separate"

yeah, and MF Global kept their client funds separate, too :roll:

Muddy
01-09-2013, 02:59 PM

235% of all internet statistics are made up on the spot.

FBD
01-09-2013, 03:04 PM

Somehow 92% is hard to believe? One cant go and get STD check, cancer screen, other services, AND an abortion? And then follow up with contraception? Such a user would fall under a few categories in this pie chart, but would fall under one category were the stat I posted up in a pie chart. Had an abortion, didnt have an abortion. Simple. Where's the misunderstanding?

Muddy
01-09-2013, 03:12 PM
:tinfoil:

Acid Trip
01-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Take those 2009 figures and consider the last sentence in the original article.

"Contraceptive services at Planned Parenthood have dropped by 12 percent since 2009 (4% per year), and cancer screening & prevention services have dropped by 29 percent (10% per year)."

Those are/were the two main purposes of PP. They are in steep decline. The same money is being spent but on other things.

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish." -Mother Teresa