PDA

View Full Version : Police: Fla. clerk's gun beats thief's cattle prod

Teh One Who Knocks
01-10-2013, 11:40 AM
The Associated Press

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a Florida Panhandle man has been arrested after he tried to rob a convenience store with a cattle prod but was thwarted by a clerk with a gun.

The Leon County Sheriff's Office says 26-year-old Lance Tomberlin went into a store just outside Tallahassee on January 2, produced the cattle prod and demanded money from the clerk. Officials say he shocked the clerk several times before the clerk pulled a handgun.

Authorities say Tomberlin fled and another employee tried to restrain him, but he eventually escaped in his truck. Deputies stopped Tomberlin's truck but he fled on foot.

The sheriff's office says Tomberlin was arrested Tuesday and charged with armed robbery and aggravated battery.

Jail records didn't say if Tomberlin had an attorney. He was being held without bail.

Acid Trip
01-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Cattle prods hurt like hell. It's almost as bad tripping over an electrified fence and laying on it for a few seconds.

Been there, done that, have the T-shirt.

KevinD
01-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Cattle prods hurt like hell. It's almost as bad tripping over an electrified fence and laying on it for a few seconds.

Been there, done that, have the stained pants.

Fixed that for ya..lol

Muddy
01-10-2013, 05:26 PM
DC voltage is a mother fucker..

Acid Trip
01-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Fixed that for ya..lol

Who said I was wearing pants...

KevinD
01-10-2013, 06:07 PM

Been there, done that, have the T-shirt.

That would have been an assumption of mine, based on my own experience......I've never gone into a field with shorts, only pants. lol But now that I think about it, you could have been referring to one of those tiny little "pet" electric fences....lol

Acid Trip
01-10-2013, 06:21 PM
That would have been an assumption of mine, based on my own experience......I've never gone into a field with shorts, only pants. lol But now that I think about it, you could have been referring to one of those tiny little "pet" electric fences....lol

I'm just messing with you, I was wearing pants.

We were playing football in the pasture and one of the end zones was near the fence. The throw was too long and when I went for it the fence hit me at the top of my thighs. If I hadn't dropped a load before the game I would have shit myself. No doubt about it.

KevinD
01-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Bwahahahaa..Never fell on one personally. Have walked into a couple at night by accident (Didn't know they had been moved) Papaw had those big bad mofos that could just about knock a cow down, and one charger would juice 30-40 miles of fenceline.

Acid Trip
01-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Bwahahahaa..Never fell on one personally. Have walked into a couple at night by accident (Didn't know they had been moved) Papaw had those big bad mofos that could just about knock a cow down, and one charger would juice 30-40 miles of fenceline.

It was a cow fence and I thought I was going to die. They said I was on it 4 seconds tops and it felt like ages.

FBD
01-10-2013, 07:52 PM
:lol: never had the pleasure...came damn close a few times up in vt, but never caught the cow fence :dance: